Paid review of SWTOR

DzastinBiberi

Some of you people don't seem to understand the concept of a "paid" review. Of course the person in this case is being 'paid' by their employer (or from Youtube views, etc) to write the review, but that's not the same as BioWare paying for the review.

If EA Bioware is paying for reviews, they need to first stop pretending this game does not exists when they talk about their Star Wars games. And they need to pay more. May also be wise if they take a look at the slow Steam install which is turning players away even before they can put boots on the ground to experience the fantastic paid reviews.

Much of it depends upon what you consider a "grind". Some people consider it a grind to have to run around all 4 bases every time you want to score a run, in baseball. 😂

I have to say, I thought the analogy of this game to a fast food restaurant was the silliest real world comparison I've ever seen, but this is a masterstroke of irrelevancy. No, grinding in an MMO is not comparable to running bases in baseball, just like paying a sub is not the same as ordering a taco.

Umm... there really is no grind. You can play whatever you want, however the hell you want. Any grind you face is pretty much self-inflicted. You don't need that 306 gear. You don't need that... umm... what else do you grind for? Credits? To do what? You don't need space barbie.

You have 8 classes and 3 class disciplines each, with dark, light and neutral sides, expanded even further into Empire/Republic/Alliance factions. Your gear will come as you play. Don't grind, play.

which still isn't a grind.

Oh, there is if you're looking for BiS mods/enhancements/amplifiers. Also, you may need 2-3 set bonuses per class... maybe even per spec. I still don't have a complete Veteran Ranger spec for my VG's/PT's. Been grinding that set since February (or whenever it came out).

The real grind for me is managing my inventories.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

The link says service unavailable

You're right. I checked it right now and it says the same for me now.

Hmm works for me.

The guy who wrote it said "there's no grind in SWTOR"...

I guess in his world, elephants fly over the rainbows.

Not necessarily. The gear grind we have now is nothing compared to how it was in the past. In the past you actually had to do operations to get gear. Now you get loads of gear by doing anything. Before you really needed to gear up to beat the NiM bosses to get the best gear. Now you do not. You do need to gear up so that your gear rating starts dropping but thats about it. You get gear by doing whatever you want, top tier gear.

The only grind in the game are achievments, nothing else, its all become much more simple.

Hmm works for me.

It works now. They must have had a bug.

I have to say the journalist (if you can even call them that) has one very big fact wrong. He states “SWTOR just went free-to-play”. Which is so untrue because it went free to play in 2013, not 2020.

That alone would make me question every other claim they’ve made if I hadn’t ever played the game. People who lie so outrageously in reviews turn me off instantly.

It’s also obvious they’ve only just started playing the game and haven’t even gotten close to end game chapters or touched on any part of the MMO game. All they’ve done is the starter class stories and that’s it.

If they think there is no gear grind, then they are naive and are lying to their readers. So I highly doubt this is a paid advert or article from Bioware because they like to promote their end game above everything else. And the end game experience is completely absent in this article.

It’s an amateurish article I’d give 2/10 because it’s written in 2020. If it was written and published in 2013, I’d give it 6/10.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

That alone would make me question every other claim they’ve made if I hadn’t ever played the game. People who lie so outrageously in reviews turn me off instantly. .

Don't be so quick to judge. Lie means knowing the truth and not telling it, he probably just didn't do his research and assumed that SWTOR going to Steam was the trigger for F2P.

Don't be so quick to judge. Lie means knowing the truth and not telling it, he probably just didn't do his research and assumed that SWTOR going to Steam was the trigger for F2P.

Then it’s a 0/10 article for poor journalism. Part of the problem with journalists today is they don’t do enough or any research. It’s no wonder there are so many mis-truths and conspiracies these days because people don’t call them on the mistakes. And too many people are to lazy or too gullible to fact check b******t these days. It’s no wonder the world has gone to crap. Where’s a Death Star when you need one :cool:

Then it’s a 0/10 article for poor journalism. Part of the problem with journalists today is they don’t do enough or any research. It’s no wonder there are so many mis-truths and conspiracies these days because people don’t call them on the mistakes. And too many people are to lazy or too gullible to fact check b******t these days. It’s no wonder the world has gone to crap. Where’s a Death Star when you need one :cool:

Yep, I definitely agree with that assessment.

Hmm works for me.

Not necessarily. The gear grind we have now is nothing compared to how it was in the past. In the past you actually had to do operations to get gear. Now you get loads of gear by doing anything. Before you really needed to gear up to beat the NiM bosses to get the best gear. Now you do not. You do need to gear up so that your gear rating starts dropping but thats about it. You get gear by doing whatever you want, top tier gear.

The only grind in the game are achievments, nothing else, its all become much more simple.

True, but if you want max/min stats, BiS mods etc, you have to grind for them, right? :)

True, but if you want max/min stats, BiS mods etc, you have to grind for them, right? :)

Well, yes, but depends on what you understand under "grind". This was something that has changed from start of this system too.

At the launch of this new system where you get drops based on your ratings we had 2 changes. First when at launch you were getting A LOT of 306 stuff, which was later changed. At launch you could have returned the gear for better amplifier, which was later changed. So at start there was no real grind. All you had to do was get to rating 306 and then you just used the gear to pass to your alt and run a few flashpoints to get his gear and you were done.

It wasnt that much of a grind and therefore it was changed later on. Its still quite easy if you compare it to what it was before. Like I said, you run an ops which was on tier (mostly there were 2) and you got one or two pieces (you still needed to minmax later on). Then you got lockout and could continue next week! So what we have not is way better and less of a grind.