Please get rid of level scaling.

darksorazz

3 hours ago, DreadtechSavant said:

No, it really does not. level scaling adds nothing to the game. The only thing it stopped was soloing WB's and that's it. That has already been changed as the WB respawn time is what 5 mins now? So even if players did solo it now when no one else is there, BIG DEAL. What has it taken away from anyone? nothing. 

You can solo all low-end planets as a 80 or 10-20-30-40-50-60-70 level exactly the same, it may take what 1 maybe 2 mins longer as a none 70-80 level? Level makes zero difference in that regard. What level sync took away from solo players was what has taken so much content from the game for them, not what it added for group players, as it added nothing.

I don't ever remember players claiming they were soloing NiM Op's as you claim. Not to mention that would be a issue with the operation not the level of the player even it that was the case. 

Level scaling keeps players from single shotting everything like they were level 1 starter world trash mobs. Imagine if anything below level 60 was killed in a single AOE shot.

7 hours ago, illgot said:

Level scaling keeps players from single shotting everything like they were level 1 starter world trash mobs. Imagine if anything below level 60 was killed in a single AOE shot.

can do that not in level sync.

don't  need to imagine at all. It does happen

49 minutes ago, Achnaattwo said:

can do that not in level sync.

don't  need to imagine at all. It does happen

wait, are you saying we can turn off level sync? Have I been wasting my time killing things slowly doing heroics when I can turn level sync off and 1 shot kill everything?

Edited by illgot

Detractors and proponents will continue to hit this thread ad nausea with the same arguments. No one is moving anyone else's opinion in this conversation, not by an inch, and the same noise is being spouted over and over.

I could counter the arguments in the the last several posts. I've done that a few times already, but conversations spiraling nowhere only interest me so much, and the devs no doubt know where I stand on this issue.

So.

The devs would be doing everyone a huge favor by describing what, if anything, will happen to level sync, and let this horse die.

The core of your complaint boils down to that fact that level sync takes away your "God Mode".  What you call being able to One-Shot everything and brush off the damage.   This isn't a game that really should have  a "God Mode", imo.

A couple of observations:

Gear matters a great deal when it comes to level sync.   Having green gear will indeed make you noticeably weak, as I've discovered by using both green (in this case rating 320) and purple (rating 228).   Characters performed much better with purple 228 than with green 320.

Companions are also significantly stronger than characters, which is why dismissing companions is one of the things most often recommended for increasing game difficulty.  I've noticed that a 50 influence companion has about three times my character's health, and is significantly more capable all around.   By doing what I call "leading with your companion" (i.e. starting your combat with Companion Attack) makes doing content much easier.

12 hours ago, illgot said:

wait, are you saying we can turn off level sync? Have I been wasting my time killing things slowly doing heroics when I can turn level sync off and 1 shot kill everything?

No unfortunately (at least for me) you cannot turn off level sync. However, he is right you can still single shot kill a lot of chapter one NPC's even with level sync. Which is why I said it is totally pointless.

On the other hand, in some of the FP''s or one of the boss fights on Oricon, the boss heals faster than you can damage it, or as you are stuck with a level 1 comp you cannot kill the boss on the Chiss flashpoint (traitor amongst the Chiss) on some classes, Which, is another reason I hate level sync. which BTW is going to be far worse after this round of so-called class balance. I have a better name for it, but BW won't let me put it down. At present time I am skipping story due to level sync. If that good for BW, doing story players are ignoring (even if its only me, which I doubt) then what is the point of BW doing story. There is already Vet mode and Master mode for players on all FP's who want the challenge. 

Maybe BW should just open up a none sync instance along with the PvP one. If nothing else it be interesting to see how used it would be. I am willing to bet more than the PvP one in any case.

11 hours ago, xordevoreaux said:

Detractors and proponents will continue to hit this thread ad nausea with the same arguments. No one is moving anyone else's opinion in this conversation, not by an inch, and the same noise is being spouted over and over.

I could counter the arguments in the the last several posts. I've done that a few times already, but conversations spiraling nowhere only interest me so much, and the devs no doubt know where I stand on this issue.

So.

The devs would be doing everyone a huge favor by describing what, if anything, will happen to level sync, and let this horse die.

Come on, is this thread any different to any thread ever on this forum or any forum, be it about games, real life or whatever. 

As far as we know BW have no plans to change level sync, so don't really need to say anything. No post by them is them saying nothing changing. Why players feel that BW must weigh in on every topic is just beyond me. BW will only comment if they were going to change it. Most players are just venting. Sometime justifiably but most time it just something to talk about.

16 minutes ago, DreadtechSavant said:

No unfortunately (at least for me) you cannot turn off level sync. However, he is right you can still single shot kill a lot of chapter one NPC's even with level sync. Which is why I said it is totally pointless.

On the other hand, in some of the FP''s or one of the boss fights on Oricon, the boss heals faster than you can damage it, or as you are stuck with a level 1 comp you cannot kill the boss on the Chiss flashpoint (traitor amongst the Chiss) on some classes, Which, is another reason I hate level sync. which BTW is going to be far worse after this round of so-called class balance. I have a better name for it, but BW won't let me put it down. At present time I am skipping story due to level sync. If that good for BW, doing story players are ignoring (even if its only me, which I doubt) then what is the point of BW doing story. There is already Vet mode and Master mode for players on all FP's who want the challenge. 

Maybe BW should just open up a none sync instance along with the PvP one. If nothing else it be interesting to see how used it would be. I am willing to bet more than the PvP one in any case.

ok, there are instances with MMOs where I completely miss or forget an option even exists when I leave for a few years and rejoin the game. I thought for a minute I was missing the option to turn leveling scaling off and have been wasting time doing heroics scaled to the world.

If I remember, in 6.0 presence, crit, and accuracy were not capped based on the planet or at least scaled a lot better than in 7.0. Very few people were happy with how stats were reworked in 7.0.

True there have been many changes over, well a few years now. Some were good, some were bad. Some got a lot of praise only for BW to then....well you know how it go's

For the most part 6.0 was far better for me as a player. gearing was good, simple, conquest for the first time got me actively doing them.  Level sync and crafting were the real downside of 6.0

7.0 Gearing sucks, still have level sync, and crafting is all but a thing of the past now. So in many ways a step backwards at least to me. 

Story, well I now only expect really what we are getting so that really is not a issue for me. The constant game changing with companion nurffs, class balancing is just getting old. No one is ever happy with it, Ok no one is a bit strong but you know as well as I do for everyone who likes it 3-4 don't. All it really does is change the top dog for another. Plus, within less than 6 months BW will yet again try to do class balancing to fix what they messed up this time, only to do the same again and again and again.

We may disagree on a lot illgot, but it has been nice talking to you.

1 hour ago, DreadtechSavant said:

True there have been many changes over, well a few years now. Some were good, some were bad. Some got a lot of praise only for BW to then....well you know how it go's

For the most part 6.0 was far better for me as a player. gearing was good, simple, conquest for the first time got me actively doing them.  Level sync and crafting were the real downside of 6.0

7.0 Gearing sucks, still have level sync, and crafting is all but a thing of the past now. So in many ways a step backwards at least to me. 

Story, well I now only expect really what we are getting so that really is not a issue for me. The constant game changing with companion nurffs, class balancing is just getting old. No one is ever happy with it, Ok no one is a bit strong but you know as well as I do for everyone who likes it 3-4 don't. All it really does is change the top dog for another. Plus, within less than 6 months BW will yet again try to do class balancing to fix what they messed up this time, only to do the same again and again and again.

We may disagree on a lot illgot, but it has been nice talking to you.

I loved 6.0 because even after nearly 2 years I was still trying to find more 451 crit enhancements. All that time in 6.0 and I only finished one perfect set of gear, the rest were still using 437 crits which were not bad but not perfect.

And I stuck around and did bonus missions. I did so because the renown crates could always have a possible upgrade if not more items to deconstruct for legendary embers, tech frags, and jawa junk. Great for crafters.

7.0 I geared up to 331 in 2 months and nothing. There was no perfecting the gear, no reason to do bonus missions which rewarded 17k credits, and even in 7.1... I just don't care about trying to gear up to 340 doing the one new raid and only that one new raid.