It's A Thing: Old Sub Rewards

I'd like to mention that I'd like to get Nico, Paxton and Shae as companions, so on see them return as available companions.

Of course Ranos too, but as this was said many times. In DvL 2.0 or something similiar.

As for Shae, Nico and Paxton I'm eager to sub for particular time to get them as I sub only for new stories.

I'd prefer to similiar like with HK-55 chapter to be have to buy them in CM either each or in "pack".

If chapter with two companions was for 3,800 CC I think not more than 3000 CC for all 3 would be wise price, but maybe not?

But as said I'm still waiting for both sub companions and if there did before doing available again Nico and Shae then there is no reason to not do that again.

I've no problem sharing all the sub rewards I have, especially the companions, who are by far the most interactive (and have Quests).

Don't deny players the icons of this game, Shae Vizla & Nico, in the trailer & opening cinematics (it's such a b*tch move).

Put all the sub companions, including Paxton Rall (already have him) with HK-55 & The Shroud on the Cartel Market$$$$$$:D

This will only help our community. NAY----> to special snowflake syndrome

(I don't need to horde or firewall other people or newer players from old sub rewards to feel special. And there's nothing saying sub rewards are incapable of coming back - that's just nonsense, as they have before MANY times)

Edited by BlackSilverFire

I'd like to mention that I'd like to get Nico, Paxton and Shae as companions, so on see them return as available companions.

Of course Ranos too, but as this was said many times. In DvL 2.0 or something similiar.

As for Shae, Nico and Paxton I'm eager to sub for particular time to get them as I sub only for new stories.

I'd prefer to similiar like with HK-55 chapter to be have to buy them in CM either each or in "pack".

If chapter with two companions was for 3,800 CC I think not more than 3000 CC for all 3 would be wise price, but maybe not?

But as said I'm still waiting for both sub companions and if there did before doing available again Nico and Shae then there is no reason to not do that again.

+1 I couldn't agree more. Makes perfect sense.

I'd love to see D vs L 2.0, yes with Master Ranos (perhaps have it scaled rewards like the Nightlife event update currently going on); so many have been waiting for it.

Edited by BlackSilverFire

so after looking it up and seeing that the cm companions are 2100 cartel coins and the hk-55 mission is 3800 coins how about a compromise and make the 'special' ones like shae, nico, paxton, hexid and ranos available for around 2750 coins each then anyone that wants can unlock them for their account for the 400 coins like other stuff on the market

so after looking it up and seeing that the cm companions are 2100 cartel coins and the hk-55 mission is 3800 coins how about a compromise and make the 'special' ones like shae, nico, paxton, hexid and ranos available for around 2750 coins each then anyone that wants can unlock them for their account for the 400 coins like other stuff on the market

That sounds pretty fair. Good idea.

Just do it before 6.2, because there'll be story related to Mandalorians and I don't want to miss dialogues with her or something.

No that I won't play it, but you know.

What's happening with the mandalorians? I saw people talking about it here, but I thought it was just a wish list type of thing?

For everyone who didn't yet get the memo:

Shae Vizla is coming back - for everyone who is a subscriber between August 28th and October 5th.

October 6th, someone will show up on the forums screaming bloody murder to extend the promo because they missed out. Just the way of things.

Edited by xordevoreaux

One of the points were that some people didn't abandon ship while it was sinking, and stayed sub, to get shroud chapter.......Think about it, if you can :rolleyes:

With entitled attitudes like this, I find it very easy as someone who already has all the rewards to be content with BW's current strategy and to be disinterested in altruistically supporting long-time subs. This narrative where your support kept the game alive unlike other selfish players who left needs to stop.

Edited by Ardrossan

With entitled attitudes like this, I find it very easy as someone who already has all the rewards to be content with BW's current strategy and to be disinterested in altruistically supporting long-time subs. This narrative where your support kept the game alive unlike other selfish players who left needs to stop.

Same sh*t different day, not worth responding to.

Except you literally made a nothing post just to tell me that it's "not worth responding to".

It wasn't a response to the post, just a response, but i'm glad it made you feel better. I know that's hard to understand, so enjoy the feeling while it lasts

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest that instead of just giving out the past subscriber rewards, they put a "veteran system" in place. I know that at least Star Trek Online and FF14 have this kind of system in place, where for every "X" number of days/months as a subscriber you get various rewards. This would also incentivize the idea of staying subscribed between content drops. Especially if unsubbing reset your progress, not take rewards back, just reset the clock towards the next tier.

They could have the oldest subscriber reward as tier 1 and go up from there with newer rewards as higher tiers.

They could still do player base-wide giveaways for current subscribers, but this would at least allow newer players to earn old subscriber rewards.

Leave out event rewards though as those took work to get and not just a passive monthly payment.

I would suggest that instead of just giving out the past subscriber rewards, they put a "veteran system" in place. I know that at least Star Trek Online and FF14 have this kind of system in place, where for every "X" number of days/months as a subscriber you get various rewards. This would also incentivize the idea of staying subscribed between content drops. Especially if unsubbing reset your progress, not take rewards back, just reset the clock towards the next tier.

They could have the oldest subscriber reward as tier 1 and go up from there with newer rewards as higher tiers.

They could still do player base-wide giveaways for current subscribers, but this would at least allow newer players to earn old subscriber rewards.

Leave out event rewards though as those took work to get and not just a passive monthly payment.

It's been suggested multiple times, over and over, but so far, they haven't shown any interest in doing that. Maybe they enjoy the forum drama too much /shrug

It's been suggested multiple times, over and over, but so far, they haven't shown any interest in doing that. Maybe they enjoy the forum drama too much /shrug

I've posted the suggestion at least twice, with full examples of other games with veteran systems, but the problem with this game's populace, if it takes longer than the time necessary to click a mouse, it's taking too long.

Zero patience.

It takes 7 years, and then another 3 years, to get some of the best veteran rewards in Everquest 2. The argument could be made by new players that well, if it takes that long to get cool stuff from a veteran system, just put it all on the cartel market.

It takes 7 years, and then another 3 years, to get some of the best veteran rewards in Everquest 2. The argument could be made by new players that well, if it takes that long to get cool stuff from a veteran system, just put it all on the cartel market.

The same goes for Star Trek Online's veteran system. One thing they could take from Cryptic is to allow a "buy-out" of the Veteran system. STO has its lifetime subscription offer, but EA will never go for that, so a buy-out is the next best thing and would probably reel in the big spenders. Have a set price of one or two hundred bucks. People will complain, they always do, but people will also fork over plenty of cash for all the Veteran benefits. Hell, the HK-55 price is around $40 as it is and people are willing to pay it for two missions and companions.

Edited by TexasMarine

if you subbed for that long in a game, you deserve something special. But it's not as people who subbed for a year don't get anything, it's just the longer you sub, the more you get, or the better your 'reward' is. Which is the sort of system they should have. And it should be fluff rewards, ie nice stuff, but nothing game changing, or gives anyone an advantage. ie, people thought shae gave others an advantage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.