Ranked season didn't actually start?

Metthew

Wins and losses are not counting on the PVP page, at least. I guess we'll see when someone reached 10 games completed if ratings are changing too, but I suspect the "preseason = 1" line hasn't been changed in the code xD

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Quick update on the start of Season 13. Although it was our intention to kick off S13 today, there was a bug introduced which is preventing that from happening. Although the game is telling you S13 has begun, it has not. Any games you play will not track wins, losses, or any stats as intended.

We are exploring a fix right now which we intend to deploy ASAP. S13 will start once that fix is live. We are aiming for that fix to go live ideally tomorrow, but I will circle back and give you exact timing once I know more.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

-eric

Hey folks,

Quick update on the start of Season 13. Although it was our intention to kick off S13 today, there was a bug introduced which is preventing that from happening. Although the game is telling you S13 has begun, it has not. Any games you play will not track wins, losses, or any stats as intended.

We are exploring a fix right now which we intend to deploy ASAP. S13 will start once that fix is live. We are aiming for that fix to go live ideally tomorrow, but I will circle back and give you exact timing once I know more.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

-eric

How about you remove the deserter lockout as well. Without map selection or any semblance of match-making, it is one of the worst things you guys have ever implemented.

How about you remove the deserter lockout as well. Without map selection or any semblance of match-making, it is one of the worst things you guys have ever implemented.

Please don't remove it.

They removed the "bad" wzs for that reason. And the MM you mention is undermined by people quitting. How many times have you gotten a 4v4 in the reg queue and the healer left? Almost 90% of the time you get a healer, that happens.

On Saturday, I experienced some of the worst pvp of my life on SF from 1a to 5am. And I figured out why; there were about 25-30 people queuing (an 8v8 would pop, then a 4v4, then another 8 after the other released, then 4 etc.). Of those 25-30 people queuing, half were in premades - solid/good ones. When one premade would oppose another (I guess using /who on imp side) they'd quit. So one team would be a backfill PUG while another was a premade. It made for landslide after landslide all night. 90% of the matches were terrible. And I won more than I lost - they were just noncompetitive matches.

As a person who rarely if ever quits, the deserter debuff will absolutely improve my quality of life.

Edited by AndriusAjax

Please don't remove it.

They removed the "bad" wzs for that reason. And the MM you mention is undermined by people quitting. How many times have you gotten a 4v4 in the reg queue and the healer left? Almost 90% of the time you get a healer, that happens.

On Saturday, I experienced some of the worst pvp of my life on SF from 1a to 5am. And I figured out why; there were about 25-30 people queuing (an 8v8 would pop, then a 4v4, then 8, then 4 etc.). Of those 25-30 people queuing, half were in premades - solid/good ones. When one premade would oppose another (I guess using /who on imp side) they'd quit. So one team would be a backfill PUG while another was a premade. It made for landslide after landslide all night. 90% of the matches were terrible. And I won more than I lost - they were just noncompetitive matches.

As a person who rarely if ever quits, the deserter debuff will absolutely improve my quality of life.

It is a fallacy to believe a deserter lockout will prevent people from leaving. It might encourage a few to begin with, but eventually people will get fed up by getting maps they don't want to play. They will either play halfhearted, sit out or leave outright; I have probably left 10 matches today alone, and hoping unto a different character is fast becoming cumbersome.

My point being that nothing is gained by this lockout. You can not force people to spend fun gaming time doing something they don't like. With map selection you would get the benefit you seek: people playing stuff they actually want to play.

It is a fallacy to believe a deserter lockout will prevent people from leaving. It might encourage a few to begin with, but eventually people will get fed up by getting maps they don't want to play. They will either play halfhearted, sit out or leave outright; I have probably left 10 matches today alone, and hoping unto a different character is fast becoming cumbersome.

My point being that nothing is gained by this lockout. You can not force people to spend fun gaming time doing something they don't like. With map selection you would get the benefit you seek: people playing stuff they actually want to play.

If you've left more matches in one day than I've left in one year (10), I'm not sure we'll see eye to eye.

Asking for SWTOR to benefit that type of behavior while letting someone like me deal with the aftermath is unfortunate.

What maps don't you like? OPG? Fine. HB original? Okay.

The others?

I assume, maybe not you, but others who are for removing the debuff, are likely the type of people who gauge a wz and leave if the "good players" are not on their team. That type of behavior is as laughable as it is pathetic and hopefully the debuff yields a net positive when you account for those types.

Edited by AndriusAjax

It is a fallacy to believe a deserter lockout will prevent people from leaving.

And as someone else said, yes. It's unfortunate that some people respond to limitations/barriers like a 14 year old kid. Tell them they can't do something, and they pull back even harder.

So take you for example: Yesterday, you probably didn't leave 10 matches (maybe you did lol)

Today, you did. Bc you wanted to go against the grain. You wanted to quit so you could come in here and say "see, people are still quitting." "See, I told you, its worse."

You can't fix that behavior. But why let that behavior dictate how you implement a game/mode? I'm glad BW is not.

Edited by AndriusAjax

Yeah, thanks Eric.

What about people who didn't realize this and already are quite a few wins in? Are they just not going to count? I'm not asking because I'm upset, just curious. :csw_guard:

Well, you're still at 0/0 wins and losses officially - it's just that we were all in preseason today.

What about people who didn't realize this and already are quite a few wins in? Are they just not going to count? I'm not asking because I'm upset, just curious. :csw_guard:

He literally just said that today didn't count

Just because you got a few more wins than the next guy doesn't make you a special snowflake.

He literally just said that today didn't count

Just because you got a few more wins than the next guy doesn't make you a special snowflake.

I said I was just asking cause I was curious. Sorry my eyes missed two lines of text. I wasn't upset but now I am because some mouth breathing troglodyte decided to be an ***.