Stealth Scan is useless

sebakonkol

Not much to add to thread title, stealth scan is simply too small to spot any stealther

It should have at least more than 10m radius, as stealthers can sleep enemies from 10m range

Which is why sleep should only be appliable from 1 metre. The issue is the same with AOE damage cast on self, it won't hit the stealther putting you to sleep.

Edited by varietasplus

Stealth scanning is a skill which is incredibly useful for killing marauders and operatives, but it's true that the scan radius forces you to guess their locations at the offnode if they're just stalling you with cc. I think 8m radius is fair because it rewards good placement but still has counter play in the situation u described Edited by Sharkii_boy

I would like to see the stealth black out ability made into an active ability again and not a permanent passive one like now, where a stealth can basically sit on your back all match and you not know they are there.

When we had the black out ability, you had to use some skill and time certain tactics. Now you can just casually walk up, get in position, have a coffee in one hand and casually start stabbing or hitting away. There is zero skill in that and no real counter before they hit you.

Making it passive just made it too simple and encouraged lazy play. It’s also another example of Bioware dumbing down the game.

I would like to see the stealth black out ability made into an active ability again and not a permanent passive one like now, where a stealth can basically sit on your back all match and you not know they are there.

When we had the black out ability, you had to use some skill and time certain tactics. Now you can just casually walk up, get in position, have a coffee in one hand and casually start stabbing or hitting away. There is zero skill in that and no real counter before they hit you.

Making it passive just made it too simple and encouraged lazy play. It’s also another example of Bioware dumbing down the game.

The good ole days when you actually had a chance to spot a stealther who played dumb.

Not much to add to thread title, stealth scan is simply too small to spot any stealther

It should have at least more than 10m radius, as stealthers can sleep enemies from 10m range

that's why you stand more than 10 meters away from any node while guarding.

that's why you stand more than 10 meters away from any node while guarding.

It helps only if you are out of their sight (so they don`t cc you)

But if they look around before capping, they can cc you and roll/speed to node to cap it (even if you stay 20m away from it)

On my Assassin I managed to cc one player who was far from node and cap it before he reached it (he broke cc, but he was behind wall)

Edited by sebakonkol