Nasty Dasty thinks GSF / PvP / and Uprisings Should Award More Conquest Points

Jdast

Stradlin. Stop. Please.

You are ruining conquest and the game for other players. BW have literally made it twice as hard to gain points through planetary missions, by doubling the number of missions required. Please focus on providing constructive suggestions to encourage other people to play the parts of the game that you like, instead of being destructive towards parts of the game that others like.

Dasty, Kendra, Trixxie, Ol' Buz, Lhanc, Cynical Steve and many others are trying to be constructive and add to the player experience. Please keep this up. You have silent supporters out here.

I am only one forum reader - but I suspect there are many like myself who read and rarely post unless we feel strongly enough about something. For me, that is enjoying the freedom to play at my own pace, at times that suit me, for as short or long a session that I choose, and still be rewarded through conquest. BW's nerfing of the planetary conquest missions, which appears to be in response to your anti-planetary campaign, has diminished my enjoyment of the game.

Please. Stop. Stradlin.

It is crazy how determined some folks here are to tie a discussion about conquest to a person. What the heck is up with that. Loads of ppl here are completely unable to discuss conquest mechanics without talking about person posting.

All I've been asking is multiplayer content to be elevated so it is in same ballpark with planetaries. " Oh god no Stradlin you monster pls no stop!!" If OP is 1.5 lines of text that mostly consists of calling me a liar and if thread has couple of wonderful people helpfully explaining, on my behalf, what I want, then I guess inevitably some ppl get caught up in it and become snow on the rolliing snowball.

Do you think soloable planetary missions and planetary missions alone should be vastly superiopr conq to everything else? Now that you can get tons of conq while enjoying the freedom to play at your pace, it becomes important to try to silence those whoi'd also like to get to enjoy this massive new conq increase as well, while Playing Their Way? Do you think all multiplayer conent should remain vastly inferior conq to planetary missions?

I ask for multiplayer exclusive content in an MMO to be elevated to the level of single player content. You ask me to be silent. You are asking me to be constructive in a thread where OP is 1.5 lines of text where I'm being called a liar.

Is this constructive enough for you? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=980022

It takes insulting other people to deserve your approval and " constructive!" badge or what?

Ps, it was most cautious and pointless nerf ever. Just do a mission with bonus and you get the 2/2 dinged just fine.

Edited by Stradlin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm well last CQ patch was a couple days ago... Did you stop to consider that people might be....

Wait for it.............

Returning to work?

Or school. In my country school was suspended for a while and though there were some online options, there's catch up to play and they get to do that during summer.

A lot of people have very short memories and forget that the game got a real boost as a result of the pandemic. People stayed inside so they looked for more stuff to do inside. Now that in many places the measures are easing up people have other stuff to go back to instead of gaming. So at best that cuts their gaming time at worst they stop playing altogether. There's businesses to build back up, jobs to hunt etc.

So now we get back to the reality of the game as it was before the pandemic.

Conquest is a lot better now because it no longer feels like a chore to me to get there. I know it's harder if you prefer certain activities that I still believe BW doesn't really want to encourage people to do more of, but at the same time each reset day you get to raise a companion a level with gifts which is two objectives, place 5 deco's, send your companion to sell trash, do 5 crew skill missions (level 1 can go really fast) and when you do the heroics on your starter planet you get a bunch more points as well.

So no matter what you play, you can get 7 characters to conquest so easily that it doesn't matter what content you prefer. My suggestion is, if you're into GSF, Uprisings or Warzones, don't join a conquest guild but a guild that specializes in those activities. At least for GSF I would call that essential and Warzones it's best as well. Uprisings you can get away with because I don't think that there are many people that focus entirely around Uprisings if any.

I certainly don't mind people getting more conquest points for those activities but I just don't see it happening cause my feelings is that BW prefers those groups stay small so they don't need to invest into those areas anymore.

My suggestion is, if you're into GSF, Uprisings or Warzones, don't join a conquest guild but a guild that specializes in those activities. At least for GSF I would call that essential and Warzones it's best as well. Uprisings you can get away with because I don't think that there are many people that focus entirely around Uprisings if any.

Right. You heard it here 1st folks. Wanna do conq and belong to a conq guild? Better focus on soloable platery missions then. Like multiplayer content and conq both? Too bad. Used to do multiplayer content in a conq guild? Too bad. Liked being in that guild? Too bad. Leave your guild. Your spot belongs to another champion soloing through planetaries.

Edited by Stradlin

Right. You heard it here 1st folks. Wanna do conq and belong to a conq guild? Better focus on soloable platery missions then. Like multiplayer content and conq both? Too bad. Used to do multiplayer content in a conq guild? Too bad. Liked being in that guild? Too bad. Leave your guild. Your spot belongs to another champion soloing through planetaries.

That is an incorrect interpretation of my comment.

I was specifically speaking of Warzones, GSF and Uprisings.

Flash Points and Operations are not solo content and can work fine for conquest just not as fast but you get gear instead which is a fair mix and works well in combination with conquest.

Also I'm not saying that you have to leave your guild but if you want a better experience of niche content then you're better off joining a guild like that. Besides, you do NOT have to put all your toons in one guild. So you can easily put one toon in a GSF guild for example.

You just have a fixed bias that you do not accept any nuance in. You will not accept any solutions unless it is exactly what you want. And well, the game doesn't revolve around just you. Which attitude, if you think about it is rather rich in irony.

The truth still remains that Uprisings, GSF and Warzones have gotten the short end of the stick. And you really have to think about why that is because BW didn't do that on accident.

It is crazy how determined some folks here are to tie a discussion about conquest to a person. What the heck is up with that. Loads of ppl here are completely unable to discuss conquest mechanics without talking about person posting.

I have read all of your posts. In every thread. You have repeatedly asked for planetaries to be nerfed. The main tenet of your argument has not been to present constructive ways for your chosen playstyle to become more attractive to other players. The main tenet has been to ask for other playstyles to be nerfed.

You have repeatedly attacked people who disagreed with you. I posted, despite being certain you would attack me. I have asked you - specifically - to be constructive because your destructive approach has directly impacted my playstyle. I want you to realise there are consequences for choosing to be constructive or destructive in these forums.

Perhaps you genuinely do not realise that you are asking for other people's enjoyment to be reduced. Perhaps you genuinely do not realise that you are being destructive. Perhaps you genuinely do not realise that by repeatedly stating that (paraphrased in my words, not yours) 'planetaries are overpowered' this would lead to them being nerfed.

I have appealed direct to you, as my pathway to conquest has been diminished by your solo-person campaign. Yes, I can choose missions that have a bonus attached, which achieves two missions completions in one. That is not the point. The point is that I can no longer play any planetary that I choose and receive the same rewards compared with prior to your solo-person anti-planetary campaign. I am now funnelled into doing quests that I don't particularly want to do. Previously I could do any that took my whim at the time. I can no longer play my way.

This is why I have appealed direct to you on the forums. I want you to realise that the prosecution of your case in a destructive manner has made it worse for at least one other player.

Please start to present a constructive case that can benefit every playstyle.

That is an incorrect interpretation of my comment.

You just have a fixed bias that you do not accept any nuance in. You will not accept any solutions unless it is exactly what you want. And well, the game doesn't revolve around just you. Which attitude, if you think about it is rather rich in irony.

My suggested solution is elevating all content so different playstyles are once aghain in same ballpark with one another. Your suggested solution revolves around "Either stop playing your way or stop caring about conquest. Leave your guild and join some niche guild elsewhere. " I do wonder where the nuance or irony is.

When it comes to your theory of Bioware wanting to make people stop playing certain aspects of their game, patch notes do speak of two new pvp conq objectives. Maybe that is but some diversion or feint in their grand " lets make some players stop playing" scheme?

Edited by Stradlin

I have read all of your posts. In every thread. You have repeatedly asked for planetaries to be nerfed. The main tenet of your argument has not been to present constructive ways for your chosen playstyle to become more attractive to other players. The main tenet has been to ask for other playstyles to be nerfed.

Thats a lot of posts pal. Odd you misread the body of work so badly. Fortunately I'm the utmost authority when we talk about what I have to say though.

There is currently a massive, huge and ridiculous disparity between planetary missions and all other content. Elevate multiplayer content so everything is once more in same ballpark with one another. <- - - There you go. That's the main tenet.

They don't introduce 100 daily repeatables orbiting planetaries (!!!) only to take them away few months later. There won't be any drastic nerfs so asking or campaigning for one would be pointless. They might not like their game so broken and unbalanced when it comes to conq attainable via multiplayer stuff. Therefore,elevating multiplayer content seems within reach and worth fighting for.

The truth still remains that Uprisings, GSF and Warzones have gotten the short end of the stick. And you really have to think about why that is because BW didn't do that on accident.

I agree with this, I don't like it but it's true. ^

The only part I can't agree with is "joining a guild that does your activities." Unfortunately PVP guilds died a long time ago. The only guild type you see nowadays are Ops running guilds, or Conquest running guilds. Everything else is a troll guild or one with 3 active members in it.

The solution is easy for PVPers to get what they want, bump up the number of rewards for PVP! Problem solved. More tech frags, more conquest points, more gear drops, more everything.

TL;DR

PvPers want one thing, more stuff. (To gear up via PVP, more gear drops, more conquest points, more everything.)

Elevate multiplayer content so everything is once more in same ballpark with one another. <- - - There you go. That's the main tenet...

..Therefore,elevating multiplayer content seems within reach and worth fighting for.

Thank you. These points I agree with. This is a very positive and constructive case to make.

There is currently a massive, huge and ridiculous disparity between planetary missions and all other content.

This is a negative and destructive way to make a statement, and appears to have lead to nerfing of planetaries, which has made the game less enjoyable for me (I do not know about other players, and I do not pretend to speak on their behalf).

Could we perhaps agree that 'GSF, PvP and Uprisings do not award conquest points commensurate with other content, and should be increased so players can be similarly rewarded for the content they choose to play'?

The only part I can't agree with is "joining a guild that does your activities." Unfortunately PVP guilds died a long time ago. The only guild type you see nowadays are Ops running guilds, or Conquest running guilds. Everything else is a troll guild or one with 3 active members in it.
I get that you don't like it but some things are niche. There are still PvP guilds mind you but it's harder to find these days. The same goes for GSF.

What I'm trying to explain is that even though it may not be what you or I want it to be, the reality is that some content is niche and I daresay that BW wants to keep it that way. So what do you do with that reality?

You can be upset all you want, but BW chose to give PvP fewer rewards and not just by a little. So why? Why would they do that? Well, the only reason is because for them PvP is no longer a development track in their future plans and they want to focus on content that gets more traction. And then you can be upset all you want, but you're wasting your breath in my view.

The solution is easy for PVPers to get what they want, bump up the number of rewards for PVP! Problem solved. More tech frags, more conquest points, more gear drops, more everything.

And as I said, they could've done this from the start. This wasn't a mistake, this was by design.

PvPers want one thing, more stuff. (To gear up via PVP, more gear drops, more conquest points, more everything.)

Everquest / Everquest 2 have servers whose programming differ from one another to address different playing styles (and promote various commercial $elling points). You can't always transfer a character from one particular type of server to another because of the programming differences.

So, following that, let's have a PVP server. You must create a toon on that server, cannot transfer to or from that server, and the biggest PVP programming rule on that server is to shower the PVP players with all the uber swag and miscellaneous crap their little hearts desire, in an open battle royale world, so they can strut about in true typical testosterone-filled fashion, their I'm-More-Uber-Than-You-L2P-LOL egos finally appeased.

That should settle it.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I get that you don't like it but some things are niche. There are still PvP guilds mind you but it's harder to find these days. The same goes for GSF.

What I'm trying to explain is that even though it may not be what you or I want it to be, the reality is that some content is niche and I daresay that BW wants to keep it that way. So what do you do with that reality?

You can be upset all you want, but BW chose to give PvP fewer rewards and not just by a little. So why? Why would they do that? Well, the only reason is because for them PvP is no longer a development track in their future plans and they want to focus on content that gets more traction. And then you can be upset all you want, but you're wasting your breath in my view.

And as I said, they could've done this from the start. This wasn't a mistake, this was by design.

I can’t chalk this up to meaning they don’t care about PVP. I know that would be the easiest and maybe logical way to explain PVP and the state it's in right now, but I think it's false if truth is told.

They have proven their ineptness over the years and lack of connection with their player base. The fact is parts of the game I enjoyed have been altered and changed into inferior activities due to bad development design and/or choices on top of grand neglect. As bad as they are treating PVP right now, they have done far too many things for it to be proof that they threw the towel in on PvP. They just added a HB Map not so long ago.

As for PVP guilds, no I stand by my first words, you are wrong. I never see PVP guilds advertising, never. Used to be we had tons of PVP guilds, and the state of PVP has created this lack of player base in PVP, due to poor choices on their behalf. Mostly it’s long standing balance changes that don’t get added in that are needed, and classes that remain garbage in PVP for far too long with other classes sitting on top of the pyramid for far too long.

Now it’s the rewards are simply too small in PVP. This has had another inadvertent punishment for PVPers that being they have made it impossible to gear up as a PVPer in PVP. This has had major effects on the population people like to say PVPers don’t matter... I’d say they do and the last string of lost subs was and is PVPers, the game is suffering because of that neglect.

All of these things and many more have contributed to PVPers leaving this game, but if I were being honest it’s not a purposeful design on BWs part, I believe the cause is incompetent design changes via development in PVP that have pushed PVPers away. I know, it’s hard to believe they re this bad and incompetent, but all you got to do is look no further than see how incompetent their community management is ran to get an idea how far they can dip into the realm of incompetency. Real deep.

If you want an example, for a non-PVPer to understand or compare, imagine BW adding a UI bar that everyonescreamed about hating, yet, they added it anyway. This is how PVPers feel for years now, because we scream and cry when classes are turned into garbage, when classes are too OP'd, when there are other issues like PVP not offering anyway to gear up like it once did for PVPers, and then you can see how they operate with their PVP player base; it's like shoving a giant unneeded, awful, ugly stupid bar down the player's throats.

That bar fiasco is BW in a nutshell for anyone here that isn't aware of their ineptness, I guess maybe you just never had a part of the game destroyed right before you eyes like PVPers have for years. They plow through things with no concern how it impacts the game sometimes, and that bar is a great symbolism of that attitude. Welcome to the world of PVPers I guess?

IMO they owe the players a response. Whether it's a silly bar that can't be moved easily, or whether it's larger issues like why has PVP been turned into an activity that can no longer be done to gear up, these are valid complaints and ought to be addressed.

The number of threads on that bar, I mean come on, surely they know this won't pass! They can't bury their heads in the sand for a year hoping everyone here leaves the game, that way any new people will think the bar is normal and never know it to be the annoying piece of the UI it is to hundreds, if not thousands of players.

Edited by Lhancelot

Everquest / Everquest 2 have servers whose programming differ from one another to address different playing styles (and promote various commercial $elling points). You can't always transfer a character from one particular type of server to another because of the programming differences.

So, following that, let's have a PVP server. You must create a toon on that server, cannot transfer to or from that server, and the biggest PVP programming rule on that server is to shower the PVP players with all the uber swag and miscellaneous crap their little hearts desire, in an open battle royale world, so they can strut about in true typical testosterone-filled fashion, their I'm-More-Uber-Than-You-L2P-LOL egos finally appeased.

That should settle it.

Good idea if they can't balance stuff between PVP and PVE, split it then.

Let PVPers have their own server. Who knows, maybe it would become more popular than the PVE server and PVPers could rejoice having a game they love to PVP on.

PVE servers can have their too l33t crowd that can't group up with noobs for a fast Hammer Station run, and PVPers can have their very own ePeen contest on The Fat Man II, a PVP Server.

Edited by Lhancelot

That should settle it.

I know its a somewhat sarcastic statement, but it wouldn't really solve anything as there are far too few develop resources as is, this game just doesn't have spare resources to spend on some side project server with its own development.

Also we already had PVP servers in the game, they were the first ones to die, with the last surviving PVP server effectively dead for years (Pot5) before it was finally merged into one of the PVE servers.

You have repeatedly attacked people who disagreed with you. I posted, despite being certain you would attack me. I have asked you - specifically - to be constructive because your destructive approach has directly impacted my playstyle. I want you to realise there are consequences for choosing to be constructive or destructive in these forums.

Perhaps you genuinely do not realise that you are asking for other people's enjoyment to be reduced. Perhaps you genuinely do not realise that you are being destructive. Perhaps you genuinely do not realise that by repeatedly stating that (paraphrased in my words, not yours) 'planetaries are overpowered' this would lead to them being nerfed.

I have appealed direct to you, as my pathway to conquest has been diminished by your solo-person campaign. Yes, I can choose missions that have a bonus attached, which achieves two missions completions in one. That is not the point. The point is that I can no longer play any planetary that I choose and receive the same rewards compared with prior to your solo-person anti-planetary campaign. I am now funnelled into doing quests that I don't particularly want to do. Previously I could do any that took my whim at the time. I can no longer play my way.

This is why I have appealed direct to you on the forums. I want you to realise that the prosecution of your case in a destructive manner has made it worse for at least one other player.

Please start to present a constructive case that can benefit every playstyle.

Respectfully … you're attempting to argue with someone who has determined that unless .. ummm let's … Now I'm guessing he's aiming at solo players !! They get everything .. while .. while what ??

What are guilds made of ??? Individuals .. !!

Do not guilds get additional bonus points / rewards? YES !

Solo player get the smaller packages ? Yes (that's fine … that's my choice to make. That's on me and I accept that).

Larger guilds …. more people … larger rewards.

PvP players … better players and therefore deserve better rewards... Right ? REALLY?

Since GSF will never receive another 90+ missions to run .. the only "logical" and "right thing to do" is nerf the crap out of CQ's and turn it into another worthless effort. Then everybody is equal .. and everybody is having fun.

THE END

[/sarcasm off]

It comes down to this

It is PLAY YOUR WAY. Yes, no one is telling you to play any different. It's play your way, enjoy the game your way.

Can we agree on that?

Here's where a certain person is confused. It's NOT play your way to get conquest.

Conquest, like every other part of the game, is a facet of it.

So if you want to play conquest, you can play it anyway you like, you can choose to do it, with just the facets of it available, pick and choose what you like, or don't. You can add in extra parts, if you want to complete more.

You choose how to participate, if you are getting less points, then that is down to you, not the devs, not the other players.

Class stories offer the least amount of points, we'd have to spend a lot more time on on class stories to get what gsf & pvp do. And if that is the way people choose to play, then that's on them.

Edited by DarkTergon

Hate to be the bummer here, however Play your way was the slogan for 5.0 with Command XP. BW has never said with 6.0 Play your way once that I remember. Conquest may need to be tweaked on a few things, however PvP'ers (and GSF'ers which is what I am) can do all other activities while in queu for conquest, so it's not a huge deal.

Hate to be the bummer here, however Play your way was the slogan for 5.0 with Command XP. BW has never said with 6.0 Play your way once that I remember. Conquest may need to be tweaked on a few things, however PvP'ers (and GSF'ers which is what I am) can do all other activities while in queu for conquest, so it's not a huge deal.

That's the point everyone has been making, in all the threads, but one person refuses to listen, and instead is trying to tear down cq. Even when we agreed that gsf & pvp needed a boost (hence the title of this thread) thaat person still campagined to get CQ nerfed. PLay your way, was used to 'justify' his arguments a few times, but I'm not going back through the threads to find them, assuming they are still there, he has a habit of editing , and changing what he writes.

This is no longer about CQ, it's about something else. But as I'm not allowed to speak my mind, hopefully people can see it for themselves.

That's the point everyone has been making, in all the threads, but one person refuses to listen, and instead is trying to tear down cq. Even when we agreed that gsf & pvp needed a boost (hence the title of this thread) thaat person still campagined to get CQ nerfed. PLay your way, was used to 'justify' his arguments a few times, but I'm not going back through the threads to find them, assuming they are still there, he has a habit of editing , and changing what he writes.

This is no longer about CQ, it's about something else. But as I'm not allowed to speak my mind, hopefully people can see it for themselves.

True...

Yet there is one other element in this discussion that seems to crop up from time to time:

Why should PvE players be forced to do PvP (and there are still a few items in the grander scheme of things that will insist that it happens ) … and equally as well Why should PvP players be forced into PvE.

The latter of these two sentiments then frequently spawns another group: A handful of PvP even find the "story driven" element of SWTOR deplorable (and have said so in very blunt fashion).. In short: if it's not PvP then it's not even a real game … just Space Barbie.

Unfortunately this then tends to pull people into different spectrums / ideologies which more often clash than generate any real constructive solutions. It is not ALWAYS the case … but from time to time discussions reach an impasse. It's unfortunate... but still it's there.

I get the whole good / bad … totally bad azz take no prisoners type that we run into from time to time. And if I so chose could post these same sentences in a format that could be hot enough that ATT&T would suffer damage relaying those messages here in forum. It wouldn't accomplish anything … aside for some brief entertainment for onlookers.

[/shrugs] … kind of pointless really acting that way!

And yes … you are also right on target when you said this is no longer about CQ … but rather something else. (good point)

Respectfully …

THE END

I am honoured to have you respond to my post Ol Buzz. You are one of the forum's mainstays, and i always enjoy reading your well-reasoned and rational contributions. I don't post much, but I read a lot ... this is one of the few times I thought it was worth trying to make a constructive contribution.

PS Off-topic, I think I am more of an OlWedgetail myself ...

There has been virtually NO communication or reasoning from devs side on this at all. I legitimately do not know if a single BW person has spend a single word talking about conquest after patch. To my knowledge, few sentences on patchnotes is the only instance where BW bothers to comment on this massive change in any official fashion at all. Can we assume they chose to cram what they consider the most relevant and important bits about new conq in those precious few sentences they chose to grace us with? Here is what patchnotes of 6.1.1 has to say:

Conquest - Several quality of life changes have been made to the Conquest system. Our goal with these changes is to make Personal Conquests relevant to all character levels, not just those at end game content.

That is the literal headline or main point made in patchnotes about the new conq. If we were to assume the 100 objectives (!!!) orrbiting planetaries are there just to ensure low lvl players can do conquest with utmost ease now, then the current situation is basically some massive oversight that they just didn't think or test about. " whoops lol!!"

In general, it spelled disaster to just forget multiplayer facet when this..this thing was live on test server. They should have hosted some mock conquest race between 3-4 dev ran guilds and guided ppl to tackle different content each day or..something like that. Multiplayer content is always less straightforward to have happening than siingle player stuff: You need people for it. It generally speaking don't just pop on test center unless you incentivize it somehow. They didn't so it just wasn't there.

So...was their main goal truly mostly about making conquest far more attainable for lowbies? I mean, thats most all they speak of in patch notes. Thats were they might have aimed..but what they hit was a situation where all multiplayer exclusive content is pure garbage when compared to solo stuff. Nice aim. Bit of a spray and pray really.

Edited by Stradlin

It comes down to this

It is PLAY YOUR WAY. Yes, no one is telling you to play any different. It's play your way, enjoy the game your way.

Can we agree on that?

Here's where a certain person is confused. It's NOT play your way to get conquest.

I agree that they who shall not be named has gone way out of bounds of a reasonable argument, but I disagree with this statement. When 6.0 launched and they changed how small guilds, particularly very small guilds, could participate in Conquest, greatly impacting our ability to complete Conquest and get encryptions versus how it had been since 5.10.3, I stopped playing. With 5.10.3 they made it possible to complete Conquest by playing your way. Changes with 6.0 greatly impacted that. Then we got the wonderful changes in 6.1.1, where they reintroduced play your way to Conquest, and we were mostly back to how things were with 5.10.3. While I do not PVP, or have any use for PVP, I do think that PVP activities should be just as viable a way to complete Conquest as PVE activities. Likewise, PVP activities should be just as viable a way to gear as PVE activities. They should also provide an alternate way to complete the 4X/Pierce Alliance Alerts that doesn't force PVE players into PVP.

I think that Conquest point awards for completing PVP activities do need some adjustment and PVP alone should be a viable way to complete Conquest on very similar terms to PVE activities. I don't think that that is a hotly contested position. Unfortunately, that message has been lost in an ongoing diatribe about how other activities should be torn down rather than a particular activity being elevated.

Hate to be the bummer here, however Play your way was the slogan for 5.0 with Command XP. BW has never said with 6.0 Play your way once that I remember.

Incorrect. Play your way was the second bullet point on their slide about the philosophy of Spoils of Way. Although, to be fair, their play your way philosophy was primarily directed at gearing in 6.0 and not, I don't think, intended as an overall philosophy for all of 6.0.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/432199850?t=00h26m15s

I agree that they who shall not be named has gone way out of bounds of a reasonable argument,

I used to wonder why some people are so eager to argue what is said less and make it about the poster more... It is simple really: they do it because it works great. All it takes is 3-4 people relentlessly attacking character and person of one poster, others get caught up in it and become snow in the rolling snowball. I guess joining the pecking wins you approval? There are so many people in this thread who can't quite get through saying what they think about conquest without sneaking in some insult or peck my way. OP of this thread is 1.5 lines of text calling me a liar. This is sometimes such a nice community, really.: )

DarkTergon very helpfully, repeatredly and across multiple different posts/threads keeps explaining to everybody what I have to say and enough people just listen and believe. I'm surprised he isn't by now telling tales about how I'm trying to entice Disney to bring TOR servers down and plotting to steal the Christmas while at it. .

Unlike you suggest, I don't think anyone is really determined to campaign for massive nerfs here. I don't believe they add 100 daily objectives only to remove or nerf them to ground 2 months later. So arguing or campaigning for that would feel kinda pointless.

Personal and guild conq targets are quite trivial now. As is guild xp. They may or may not tweak conq targets and guild xp one day. If they do, it is even more important to ensure other playstyles besides just planetaries are great, fast conq. If they never touch personal/guild conquest targets and leave them as they are now.., well, it remains important to ensure different playstyles besides soloable planetaries gives a road to fast conq. Therefore, campaigning for that (different playstyles being somewhat equal) makes much more sense than asking for some nerfs to happen.

Worst case scenario would be BW adjusting (nerfing if you will) personal and guild conq targets and leaving ways with which ppl earn massive amounts of conq as few and restricted as it is now. So maybe they'll do that!

Low yield guild that typically made something like 1.5-2.5 mil conq weekly pre 6.1.1 can reach guild's weekly xp cap now. ie, that guild earns xp at the same rate largest conq guild in the world does.Thus, reaching the soft lvl cap of a guild(64) stopped being a long term goal and became a short or mid term goal for vast majority of guilded players. . I liked it when some game mechanics and unlocks made long term goals to pursue with my guild.

Edited by Stradlin

I am honoured to have you respond to my post Ol Buzz. You are one of the forum's mainstays, and i always enjoy reading your well-reasoned and rational contributions. I don't post much, but I read a lot ... this is one of the few times I thought it was worth trying to make a constructive contribution.

PS Off-topic, I think I am more of an OlWedgetail myself ...

[/reads post … face turns red]

Level headed posts and well thought out contributions are always welcomed (even if no one says so). There are several here that fall into that category... Dasty / Lhancelot / DarkTergon / Trixxie/ Casirabit / DarkTergon … Ylliarus … just to mention a few. I'm a little hesitant to mention too many names since I'm almost certain to over look someone. ( Please note: If have not mentioned a specific name … just having a senior moment, sorry … my apologies)

Even if we're in disagreement … that's cool ! That's life. Good grief … after 46 years of marriage I can tell you for a FACT … that's just life.

The difference can often be summed up in one word: respect.

No I don't agree with everything the development team does. And as an armchair developer I can usually make some pretty darn good calls ( please see reference to "armchair quarterback" ) .

Change is inevitable. I really don't like what they did to GSF. But … unless I'm buying out the company and in a position to "fix" things (*** see additional note) … not much I can do about it. Heck … I'd love the chance to get behind an "X" wing that utilized my Saitek X-56 dual controllers. No one here has ANY idea what that would mean to me personally. But … guess what. It simply ANIT going to happen. ***SIGH*** .

The French say it right (English translation) … "Such is life" ( note the best I can remember it literally means "it is the life" … but better understood as " such is life".

At any rate … I'm beginning to ramble a bit.

Thanks for such a huge compliment … And from what I've read of your posts... kept it up. ( Not so much the stuff about the old man .. but the rest of it .. you know.. )

Your input is welcomed !

Edit... forgot …(*** additional note) … Even if I were in that position … there's no guarantee that I would make all the right choices either .. some of which even I would probably not like … BUT we WOULD get a new space station SH and that special new class !! ) :D

Edited by OlBuzzard

I agree that they who shall not be named has gone way out of bounds of a reasonable argument, but I disagree with this statement. When 6.0 launched and they changed how small guilds, particularly very small guilds, could participate in Conquest, greatly impacting our ability to complete Conquest and get encryptions versus how it had been since 5.10.3, I stopped playing. With 5.10.3 they made it possible to complete Conquest by playing your way. Changes with 6.0 greatly impacted that. Then we got the wonderful changes in 6.1.1, where they reintroduced play your way to Conquest, and we were mostly back to how things were with 5.10.3. While I do not PVP, or have any use for PVP, I do think that PVP activities should be just as viable a way to complete Conquest as PVE activities. Likewise, PVP activities should be just as viable a way to gear as PVE activities. They should also provide an alternate way to complete the 4X/Pierce Alliance Alerts that doesn't force PVE players into PVP.

I think that Conquest point awards for completing PVP activities do need some adjustment and PVP alone should be a viable way to complete Conquest on very similar terms to PVE activities. I don't think that that is a hotly contested position. Unfortunately, that message has been lost in an ongoing diatribe about how other activities should be torn down rather than a particular activity being elevated.

Incorrect. Play your way was the second bullet point on their slide about the philosophy of Spoils of Way. Although, to be fair, their play your way philosophy was primarily directed at gearing in 6.0 and not, I don't think, intended as an overall philosophy for all of 6.0.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/432199850?t=00h26m15s

Ah yes, you were right I do remember that slide now. That was completely for Gearing however. And even that from my understanding was wrong, since all I see from the PvP forums is that they can't gear well at all compared to PvE players. They are basically forced to do PvE if they want to gear at a reasonable pace.