What it actually is and it's insulting to subs

Xhelis

Just wait until the next time you log in. 🙂

I actually like the functionality of the new bar. But I don't like it's mismatched design and the placement issues.

Perhaps the new bar is a precursor to a redesign of the UI. So hold on to your butts, it may get worse.

It's quite possible it might be, they may be getting rid of the old UI, and the new one may be better, and more customisable, It might finally fix some of the new add ons, and make them moveable, etc. So there might be a silver lining after all.

Still though, I don't get the anger.

There's a minimize button. You can put it back where the "mail" button bar was before and leave it there and forget about it.

Okay, I'll explain it again.

NO, there isn't a minimize button. No mail icons, no group icons, no icons on any bar at all. Not for everyone.

It's hiding off the bottom left side of my screen where I can't get at it. I've only seen it in other people's screenshots.

No matter what options I enable, there is no way to drag the window around by the part that is visible. It will let me click the graphic areas to launch missions, but dragging it does nothing.

It's clearly a bug and until that bug is fixed I'm going to be angry.

Other people are angry because even if you minimize the window and move the bar out of the way, every time you switch toons, it pops back to the original position and is open again. They have to close and drag it every time they log into a toon.

Everything that came out with this new patch was buggy, even the Cartel Market items. I'm glad things are working great for you, but other people do have legitimate reasons to complain.

Edited by Xina_LA

Listening to Yoko Ono sing is better than reading these childish complaints (this one included)

your empathy is astounding, maybe if you stop listening to crap music, and actually spend time reading what the issues are, and trying to actually understand them, you might actually learn something valuable

Not reading all three pages.

The new social bar is ... a spit in the face of subscribing players.

No its not. As a subscriber since closed beta, I am all in favor of finding out what today's flash sale is with less clicks. I don't find that insulting at all, I find it advantageous.

Does it need some work? Yeah, of course. It absolutely 100% should never block players from interacting with mission objects or dragging abilities on toolbars. That should have been fixed on PTS, but at least its acknowledged as a bug. It should be adjustable within the UI editor. Again, mentioned on PTS but not fixed. If its moved manually it needs to stay where I put it, which is also an acknowledged bug.

Its also not just an advertisement. The so-called ad is at the very bottom. Are you blind to the questions on fleet about, "How do i start the new stuff?" or some variation of that? I see them every day. Since the days of going to your ship and the terminal there are proverbial dinosaurs, I'm glad there's a handy interface telling players who may have not logged in for a while that their next story step is thataway -->.

120+

Still not that big of a deal to me.

yes, but is it staying put for you, or resetting everytime you change planets, etc? It's not for some, that's the problem. Or rather, that's one of the issues.

Edited by DarkTergon

No its not. As a subscriber since closed beta, I am all in favor of finding out what today's flash sale is with less clicks. I don't find that insulting at all, I find it advantageous.

Yes it is, it's a blatant ad bar, and it just takes one click to bring up the cm shop, not clicks, the day sale is the frst thing you see.

Does it need some work? Yeah, of course. It absolutely 100% should never block players from interacting with mission objects or dragging abilities on toolbars. That should have been fixed on PTS, but at least its acknowledged as a bug. It should be adjustable within the UI editor. Again, mentioned on PTS but not fixed. If its moved manually it needs to stay where I put it, which is also an acknowledged bug.

We agree on this, it needs work. And they should have acknowledged it.

Its also not just an advertisement. The so-called ad is at the very bottom. Are you blind to the questions on fleet about, "How do i start the new stuff?" or some variation of that? I see them every day. Since the days of going to your ship and the terminal there are proverbial dinosaurs, I'm glad there's a handy interface telling players who may have not logged in for a while that their next story step is thataway -->.

Yes, it is, it's blantant advertising, that's it whole purpose. It shows two missions with nice pictures, it doesn't point to anything, doesn't make it any easier to find, and all it does when you click on the mission, is to bring up your mission log, which you get by clicking L, or the missions on the right of the screen, this new thing doesn't do anything more than that. If it does, please tell me how, so I can report mine as broken

Edited by DarkTergon

I am all in favor of finding out what today's flash sale is with less clicks. I don't find that insulting at all, I find it advantageous.

Okay, I have to ask ... How have you been checking the Flash Sales up until now?

The only place that I know of where the day's Flash Sale is displayed is on the first page of the Cartel Market interface, and you can bring that up with just one click. Or two keypresses (CONTROL-M).

Okay, I have to ask ... How have you been checking the Flash Sales up until now?

The only place that I know of where the day's Flash Sale is displayed is on the first page of the Cartel Market interface, and you can bring that up with just one click. Or two keypresses (CONTROL-M).

So you can see the Flash Sale with one click on the Social Bar or you can see the Flash Sale with one click on the Menu Bar. Guess the Menu Bar is an insult as well.

Only thing I am seeing wrong with the new Social Bar is that some people are having problems with it staying where they move it to. I'm sure that will be fixed in the future.

So you can see the Flash Sale with one click on the Social Bar or you can see the Flash Sale with one click on the Menu Bar. Guess the Menu Bar is an insult as well.

Only thing I am seeing wrong with the new Social Bar is that some people are having problems with it staying where they move it to. I'm sure that will be fixed in the future.

Actually, no. The cartel market is in the tool bar, you have to click it to see it. This new ad bar, is in the play area, with no clicks, and shoves CM items in your face. Yes, it can be min'd, but it can pop back, when travelling to other places.

The problem is, this isn't a free game, and as such, ads shouldn't be shoved in our face. And that's all this new change is, it's a poorly designed pop up ad spammer.

Actually, no. The cartel market is in the tool bar, you have to click it to see it. This new ad bar, is in the play area, with no clicks, and shoves CM items in your face. Yes, it can be min'd, but it can pop back, when travelling to other places.

The problem is, this isn't a free game, and as such, ads shouldn't be shoved in our face. And that's all this new change is, it's a poorly designed pop up ad spammer.

Mine has moved back to the original place a couple times but it has never popped back open so I see an add. Once I have closed it I have an oddly shaped social bar that moves some times.

Mine has moved back to the original place a couple times but it has never popped back open so I see an add. Once I have closed it I have an oddly shaped social bar that moves some times.

you've been lucky, it's happened to a few. Most people just get the bar moving back, but some, inclusing myself had the thing pop up open. Not on all toons, thankfully, or it really would drive me nuts...lol

I have a small delay before the cartel interface loads. I do not have any delay when clicking on the drop down button for this new UI element. Also, if you browse other areas of the Cartel market, when you swap to a different character, it defaults to that section, not the main page. Or even later in the play session on the same character (sometimes I forget if I’ve checked it or not.). As I said, it’s a little quicker. /shrug

I empathize with people who can’t customize it for whatever reason. I have it moved to a relatively innocuous location and it appears to be staying put. It could be related to the fact I’m running 4K res on a 26 inch monitor so I have plenty of real estate. I’m lucky to not have experienced any bugs. I think bugs involving people unable to use quick bars and click on mission objects or in the chat window... I think these are game breaking enough to warrant a high priority patch. They shouldn’t have left PTS, to be frank. Delaying Nightlife or Swoop a couple of weeks would not have made any difference to most people, but when a new UI that is supposed to make things easier breaks the game, that’s not acceptable. I expect better, and I’m not affected by any bugs.

But as I said in Yllarius’ thread, everything in this patch was mean to be coupled with the conclusion of the Kira/Scourge/Tenebrae’s body story arc. And the time gap between conquest updates in 6.1.1 and 6.2 wasn’t meant to be as large. Seeing a pop up with the next story link, the current conquest event, and the flash sale, was all meant to be a continuation of efforts in 6.1 and 6.1.1. COVID-19 derailed all of that. So no, I don’t accept the argument that this UI element is merely an advertisement to buy stuff. When it doesn’t work/is bugged AND a third of it involves the cartel market then I can see why it amplifies the anger. But when you view it from the point of, this was supposed to point us to the next part of Scourge et al, and highlight the newly revamped conquest, it doesn’t seem so sinister.

Yeah, it's a friggin' pop up banner ad.

It's also a big middle finger to the visually impaired, since you can't resize/manage it with the UI editor.

I know, I know, most of you players are youngins with 20/20 vision... but still...

I'm not.

I mean, I don't like it either. but i don't' find it insulting.

I do find it annoying.

Mine at least shows up with the bottom visible with the social stuff, but I still can't move it anywhere. Then it disappears as soon as i do anything else.

Just need to change the social bar back to how it was and make the rest of it expand out from there and ahble to be hidden on a click like a drop down menu.

I actually used the social bar because my keybinds used certain letters that I use for particular types of skills across all games. So a number of those are unbound and it was simply non-issue because i could just click the guild part and open the guild window. now i have awkward keybinds set up for opening things like the guild tab cause there isn't a nice clean one-click solution beyond the menu bar.

which has the kind of functionality this new bar should have been created with.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.