Best Buy Chat

Xylos

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This chat is boring. I feel like a dog sitting by the table waiting for some scraps to fall to the floor. Just give me a piece of meat!!! Answer some questions that aren't posted in the FAQ's that you keep telling us to read. Some of us read them!!!!

would anyone mind posting a copy/paste of whats been said so far?

Guest-62

I saw that during beta people were 2 maning flashpoints are all flashpoints 2-manable with companions?

Gaming-BBY

The first two flash points are two-manable and the remaining flash points are for four players. If you are slightly over leveled, you can complete the last two flash points with 2 players and 2 companions.

Guest-326

I was fortunate enough to take part in the weekend betas and was blown away by the content of this game. The level of detail in ever quest and dungeon interaction makes the grind of MMO's fun. Mr. Amatangelo, I love the PVP game mode Hutball and I was wondering will we see more of this creative side of PVP?

Mariel-BBY

"we are continuing to make more warzones and we will be revisiting some existing game modes including hutball and other game modes"

Mariel-BBY

^Gabe

Gaming-BBY

Correction on the flash point question, it was not the last two flash points but all flash points that are two-manable with companions if you are over-leveled

*** The Chat is now closed to new arrivals.

Guest-127

Is there going to be a competitive aspect for PVP Such as an Arena?

Gaming-BBY

As we've announced in other interviews, we do plan on implementing rated war zones with individual player ratings, team ratings, etc and we will be tying in incentives to high rating -Gabe

Gaming-BBY

Question from Guest 70 A: Mr. Amatangelo can you comment on why a full party cannot enter into warfronts? Please don't tell me you never thought of creating a seperate queue for full parties so that regular PVP queues are not affected. Also, is there any hope of Hutball ever turning into more than what it is? There is so much potential in that one game mode alone it's almost a shame you guys did not further the concept for launch..think sports league with an MMO with player created teams. Are there any plans to..

>>Gabe: As mentioned in other interviews we do plan on enabling full party queues to be matched against other full parties.

Guest-75

how do you plan on letting new players know what "new" servers they should start on?

Gaming-BBY

>> Gabe: There are population indicators next to each server so players can see which servers have queue times and which do not.

Guest-104

will there be a raise in difficulty compared to the beta tests?

Gaming-BBY

>>Gabe: Our Flashpoints have two difficulty modes (Normal & Hard) and our Operations have three difficulty modes (Normal, Hard, and Nightmare). We aim to offer a wide variety of difficulty levels to accommodate the casual and hardcore players.

Guest-295

Do you have plans to add pod racing?

Gaming-BBY

>>James: We feel vehicles are an important part of Star Wars and we're looking at ways to improve the vehicle experience post-launch.

Guest-87

Any word if there will be dual specing within the same advance class?

Gaming-BBY

>>James: We're definitely looking at allowing dual specing within the same advanced class soon after ship.

Guest-14

Any idea when the Sith Juggernaut/Jedi Guardian will be revamped (Georg promised they were up next for "additional attention")?

Gaming-BBY

>>James: We're looking at them right now and the changes will be coming in soon after launch.

Guest-197

What is your deployment schedule for future content?

Gaming-BBY

>>James: We're going to have a regularly cadence with our content updates, but we're not going into specifics. Updates will include Flashpoints, Operations, Warzones, Solo Content, Additions to existing systems and brand new systems.

*** The input queue is now open to new questions.

*** The input queue is now closed to new questions. [Editor's note: was open for only a few seconds :p)

speedracer1half

What day and time during the week does the server reset the content?

Gaming-BBY

>>Gabe: We'll be resetting Operations on Tuesday mornings.

Guest-280

How ill the cover system work in 8m flashpoints or w.e. the raids are namd

Gaming-BBY

>>Gabe: We'll be resetting Operations on Tuesday mornings. [Editor's note: lol]

Guest-184

What are the key points of The Old Republic that you feel set it above all other MMOs?

Gaming-BBY

>>James: We feel that the elements of Story, Choice, Cinematic Presentation, Companion Characters, Dynamic Fast-paced Star Wars Combat, and Multiplayer Dialog all make The Old Republic stand out amongst other MMOs.

Guest-1131

I have a question regarding world PvP and moving forward. I was wondering if there are any/plans for any world bosses, designed for large groups of max level players, Maybe on a random timer that drop raid(or operation) tier quality loot? In the past (in other games) I've had a lot of fun when fighting over these bosses with other players/guilds more so than controllable objectives.

Gaming-BBY

>>Gabe: We currently have World Bosses with artifact loot that (players can fight over these on PvP servers) in the open worlds. We are considering adding more to various other locations including potential Illum and Outlaw's Den.

Guest-144

Are we getting a target of target ui portrait any time soon?...Being a tank the target of target function is really quite useful..

Gaming-BBY

>>Gabe: We're going to add target-of-target at a later point in time.

Guest-990

To both BW & EA - Congrats on a job well done, gentlemen! It promises to be a most excellent game and the ega seems to be going smoothly. Keep up the good work! [Editor's note: lol should have seen the flames on the forums after this one]

Gaming-BBY

>>James: Thanks very much. The whole team is very proud of all the hard work we've put in.

Guest-1651

Will space combat be improved upon in a future expansion back so that it is 3D and not just a rail shooter, and eventually PvP in space?

Gaming-BBY

>>James: We will continue to add new space missions with our regular content updates. In addition, we have a "secret project" on expanding the space experience.

would anyone mind posting a copy/paste of whats been said so far?

"How can you justify stopping invites at 2pm when half the servers are light and the other half are only moderate?"

"This question is offensive or contains personal information, please reask it."