Sith Pureblood Jedi?

PsykoKiwi

Ahh damn, that's what I expected but I was hoping something new had been written. Wonder if there is anything in the expansions or onslaught.

Curious thought.

I beleive that if you're Chiss during the Copero mission in the traitor arc, that will be commented on regardless of class, so it's not unrealistic that there might be something. I don't remember any comments towards purebloods, but I only played through as a warrior with that race.

Sith Pureblood weren't meant to be played as Jedi. I am not saying they can't be, but a Sith Pureblood Jedi Knight or Consular should be exceedingly rare, seeing as how lore stipulates that the Sith Purebloods have a symbiotic relationship with the Dark Side and are born of the Dark Side. The Dark Side is a part of a Sith Pureblood's nature, so for one to become a Jedi would be... a once in a lifetime occurence.

This is why I believe people shouldn't use Lord Praven from the Jedi Knight story as a justification for their own use of a Light Side Sith Pureblood. Lord Praven is meant to be an exception, a once in a lifetime exception to the rule. And no, Lord Scourge isn't an example of another Light Side Sith Pureblood, because throughout all his companion conversations he makes very clear that he remains a Sith and a follower of the Dark Side. Lord Scourge does not turn to the Light Side, he is just pragmatic in his approach and methods.

So, it's good there is no extra or special dialogue for Sith Pureblood Jedi, as that might encourage people to make more Sith Pureblood Knights and Consulars. If you ask me, I already see too many on the Republic Fleet. As I said, Lord Praven was meant to be the extraordinarily, extremely rare exception to the rule. He is not meant to be used as a justification.

Edited by Ylliarus

Sith Pureblood weren't meant to be played as Jedi. I am not saying they can't be, but a Sith Pureblood Jedi Knight or Consular should be exceedingly rare, seeing as how lore stipulates that the Sith Purebloods have a symbiotic relationship with the Dark Side and are born of the Dark Side. The Dark Side is a part of a Sith Pureblood's nature, so for one to become a Jedi would be... a once in a lifetime occurence.

This is why I believe people shouldn't use Lord Praven from the Jedi Knight story as a justification for their own use of a Light Side Sith Pureblood. Lord Praven is meant to be an exception, a once in a lifetime exception to the rule. And no, Lord Scourge isn't an example of another Light Side Sith Pureblood, because throughout all his companion conversations he makes very clear that he remains a Sith and a follower of the Dark Side. Lord Scourge does not turn to the Light Side, he is just pragmatic in his approach and methods.

So, it's good there is no extra or special dialogue for Sith Pureblood Jedi, as that might encourage people to make more Sith Pureblood Knights and Consulars. If you ask me, I already see too many on the Republic Fleet. As I said, Lord Praven was meant to be the extraordinarily, extremely rare exception to the rule. He is not meant to be used as a justification.

If recall most of the sith purebloods even during the time of the sith pureblood kings before the dark jedi they were actually a very proud race with lots of honor sure they had a great affinity for the darkside of the force but a lot more sith purebloods actually fell more in between and some were far lighter than the dark jedi that found them. not saying lightside sith purebloods would happen to often but you would be surprised at how many sith purebloods are actually lighter than people realize even on impside there are several that fall more to their regards of honor and pride over the ideals of craving power for the sake of power itself.

I do have Sith pureblood jedi sentinel that have had as my main since classic and it will remain my main he isnt lightside by any means is actually more darker than most of my sith ever thought about being and even at this point has sided with the empire over the republic after being exiled from the jedi order in classic. Its a very fun character to play in many regards. Like i said the sith order maybe evil but somehow i feel my dark jedi sith pureblood is far more darker than any npc in the game with the exception of vitiate/valkorian and vaylin.

If you can think of it, I've probably played it.

To answer your question, most of the time the enjoyment of playing a particular combination of gender / species / class / faction / force alignment is what you garner in your head, not what the game provides, either in terms of voice, as you ask, or dialogue options.

Light side or dark, your choices may result in various NPCs living or dying, but the overall options to choose from don't vary. The story doesn't branch. That's unfortunate, but the amount of writing and subsequent quest development sould have probably been more brainwork than what was originally asked, and I'm sure during the original development of the game, 8 unique class stories, each channeled as they were to a singular end, must have felt daunting a task indeed for the writers, especially when they were more than likely operating under software release deadlines.

Edited by xordevoreaux

If recall most of the sith purebloods even during the time of the sith pureblood kings before the dark jedi they were actually a very proud race with lots of honor sure they had a great affinity for the darkside of the force but a lot more sith purebloods actually fell more in between and some were far lighter than the dark jedi that found them. not saying lightside sith purebloods would happen to often but you would be surprised at how many sith purebloods are actually lighter than people realize even on impside there are several that fall more to their regards of honor and pride over the ideals of craving power for the sake of power itself.

Ahem...

"Despite a society dominated by barbarism and infighting, Sith civilization culminated in a Golden Age, after which the species was scattered across the galaxy." - Wookieepedia page on Sith (species)

"The Sith were a proud and violent species of humanoids that originated on Korriban, a planet within the Horuset system in an isolated Outer Rim region called the Stygian Caldera." - Wookieepedia page on Sith (species)

"The abundant Force-sensitivity resulted from a symbiotic relationship with the dark side of the Force, where they—like the other few creatures that inhabited the planet—derived sustenance directly from the dark side of the Force, and empowered it in turn." - Wookieepedia page on Sith (species)

"After their arrival in Sith space after the Hundred-Year Darkness, Human Dark Jedi began to interbreed with the Sith. For nearly two thousand years, superstition, loyalty and sympathy were bred out as the two groups interbred, and qualities such as cunning, ambition and affinity to the Force were favored, which shaped Sith society over the centuries." - Wookieepedia page on Sith (species)

"Though they were in an almost constant state of war, their civilization was quite sophisticated; they saw these acts not as cruel or barbaric, but simply basic aspects of existence. They were notable for engaging in supposedly primitive practices such as sentient sacrifices in the name of their gods." - Wookieepedia page on Sith (species)

"Native Sith culture included the Sith, the consumption of bloodsoup, a rigid and stratified caste-based society, live sentient sacrifices to the Sith deities and use of ancient and arcane alchemy and magic. For the Sith, war and violence were just as much a part of the natural order of life as peace or serenity. Their social order was very rigid, and while many rose to the title of Sith Lord, only one, King Adas, attained the position of monarch." - Wookieepedia page on Sith (species)

"Sith civilization evolved on the planet Korriban, leading barbaric and hedonistic lifestyles while using the dark side of the Force. The Sith had a natural symbiotic relationship fused with the dark side. They fed on it and empowered it, developed and perfected techniques of the dark side through it, that were once thought impossible—such as sorcery." - Wookieepedia page on Sith (species)

Now, do you still believe the early Sith weren't as Dark Sided as people believe? ;)

Edited by Ylliarus

I believe they are just treated as human. Purebloods weren't written with being a Jedi in mind, so there's no race specific dialogue for them on any Republic class.

Actually, now that I think about it, there's a few places where what race you play affects game play:

Watcher Two won't romance your character if not human (agent story).

Choice to tell Nik Deleru "look, I'm an alien too, and I'm treated okay." (side story on Coruscant)

More than once, dialogue crops up from NPCs about your Sith not being Human (sorc/warrior classes)

There may be others and I'm just not remembering.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I made a pureblood smuggler, NPCs don't notice. I've seen a couple pureblood sith jedi played by people doing flashpoints.

I made a chiss jedi (before Nathama revealed their attitude toward force users), no one noticed.

Chiss NPCs during Copero mission don't notice you are Chiss, which annoys me everytime.

Nik doesn't even notice when you're a Nautolan too..

Edited by RameiArashi

I have run one to cap, and there's no difference between their dialogs, and the human I also ran, other than in some FPs from other players. I had intended to go DS, but was disappointed by no Lightning options, so gave it up, and just ran LS to cap.

All this, while interesting, completely misses the point. There are times in the game where NPCs refer to your race. Sometimes their dialog doesn't make sense due to race/class combinations that were added after the dialog was recorded. So the OP is asking if any additional dialog has surfaced that shows a reflection of the new race/class combos.

To the OP: no it doesn't.

But it's not the worst. Nothing can top that scene when a Chiss smuggler tried to impersonate a Chiss ambassador but got called out by the imperial for "not looking like a Chiss". Got me every time.

All this, while interesting, completely misses the point. There are times in the game where NPCs refer to your race. Sometimes their dialog doesn't make sense due to race/class combinations that were added after the dialog was recorded. So the OP is asking if any additional dialog has surfaced that shows a reflection of the new race/class combos.

Of course, that fact did not escape me. I just wanted to share some of my thoughts on the matter. I believe the devs followed a similar reasoning to mine, as to the question why no new dialogue was added.

There's also the question of retroaction, a general rule of the thumb is that the dev team doesn't go back and add new stuff to old content. I am not saying that I can't or won't happen, but the OP should definitely not expect new lines to be added to old content in regard to specific race references. I mean, they didn't even go back and fix some dialogue with the Cathar when they were added. I doubt they'll ever create new dialogue for old conversations regarding Jedi Sith PBs.

Perhaps in new story content they might, albeit so far I haven't seen too many racial references. I believe a Force User Chiss PC is commented on by Saganu in A Traitor Among the Chiss, but I can't recall any other comments.

Edited by Ylliarus

I thought that anyone could turn away from the Dark Side and Follow the Path of Light...

Purebloods are not Evil people.... There are no Evil people. Only people that have lured to the Dark Side

Edited by denavin

I thought that anyone could turn away from the Dark Side and Follow the Path of Light...

It's not impossible, but it's a lot, lot harder for Sith Purebloods. As said before, they have a symbiotic relationship with the Dark Side. They feed off of the Dark Side and simultaneously empower it in turn. It would be against the nature of a Sith Pureblood to turn to the Light Side instead. It wouldn't be impossible, but it would be exceedingly rare and very difficult for the Sith Pureblood in question.

Purebloods are not Evil people.... There are no Evil people. Only people that have lured to the Dark Side

No, Purebloods actually are born with a intrinsic connection to the Dark Side of the Force. As I said, they feed off of the Dark Side, derive sustenance from the Dark Side:

"The abundant Force-sensitivity resulted from a symbiotic relationship with the dark side of the Force, where they—like the other few creatures that inhabited the planet—derived sustenance directly from the dark side of the Force, and empowered it in turn." - Wookieepedia page on Sith (species)

"Sith civilization evolved on the planet Korriban, leading barbaric and hedonistic lifestyles while using the dark side of the Force. The Sith had a natural symbiotic relationship fused with the dark side. They fed on it and empowered it, developed and perfected techniques of the dark side through it, that were once thought impossible—such as sorcery." - Wookieepedia page on Sith (species)
Edited by Ylliarus

Well regardless of the lore I like my PureBloods and Chiss, Jedi's and Troopers. I enjoy the irony of it all. Chiss are not Force Sensitive so I have Chiss Jedi... and PureBlood Sith are inherently Dark, so I have PureBlood, Jedi and Republic Troopers.... Just because:p

Well regardless of the lore I like my PureBloods and Chiss, Jedi's and Troopers. I enjoy the irony of it all. Chiss are not Force Sensitive so I have Chiss Jedi... and PureBlood Sith are inherently Dark, so I have PureBlood, Jedi and Republic Troopers.... Just because:p

You're free to do it. Anyone is free to do whatever in the game. I just comment on it that it's supposed to be exceedingly rare and that I think the amount of Force Sensitive Chiss or Pureblood Jedi on Republic Fleet is too high for my tastes. I can't do anything about it, but I just wish that people remembered that it's supposed to be very rare. Not everyone needs to be a special snowflake.

Irony: My PB Sith Sage is healer spec'd... :p

Edited by robertthebard

Ylliarus is right that from a lore standpoint it doesn't make much sense to make a Sith Pureblood Jedi character for a number of reasons (or any Republic class for as many reasons). That aside, from a genetic standpoint Sith Purebloods aren't really pure-blooded. According to lore, by the time of the Great Hyperspace war there were very few pure-blooded Sith remaining. For two-thousand years the Dark Jedi interbreed with the pure Sith; breading out qualities they disfavored, superstition, loyalty, and sympathy, while favoring qualities of cunning, ambition, and affinity to the Force. The Pureblood Sith in the game are actually Sith-Human hybrids. Pure-blood Sith are tetradactyl and the closest relatives we see in game are the Massassi. If I remember correctly, which I admit I may not, wasn't there some comment about the thinning of the Sith blood during a quest on Korriban? Something about so few of the Overseers having the facial markings of a true Sith. While Lord Praven is certainly the exception the thinning of pure Sith blood could explain how they were able to turn from the dark side, or why some Sith Purebloods appear to be more pragmatic rather than consumed by darkness.

Obviously, if the species is unlocked then you're able to do as you like. But, a Sith Pureblood would make a way for someone to RP as a Zelton or Keshiri. At least until BW decides to give us some more near-Human species options.

Obviously, if the species is unlocked then you're able to do as you like. But, a Sith Pureblood would make a way for someone to RP as a Zelton or Keshiri. At least until BW decides to give us some more near-Human species options.

That is true though, the Sith Purebloods would work for creating a Zeltron xD It's something that crossed my mind a while back, shortly after we were introduced to Darth Rivix. I do hope though that BW will consider giving us more actual customization options to recreate the Zeltron. And other Near-Humans species!

That is true though, the Sith Purebloods would work for creating a Zeltron xD It's something that crossed my mind a while back, shortly after we were introduced to Darth Rivix. I do hope though that BW will consider giving us more actual customization options to recreate the Zeltron. And other Near-Humans species!

If we could give yellow eyes to a Chiss we'd have a Pantoran, too. I already have two Echani-Humans (to account for the Human flesh toned skin), and a Chiss that's basically a Pantoran but with red eyes. Maybe I could say they're a Pantoran-Chiss. Purple Pantoran hair and Red Chiss eyes.

I would love this level of character customization. Even if it didn't come with in-game specific dialog references,

Edited by ceryxp

Really....

That's where your going....

You have to resort to calling me names? .... Really

I beg your pardon? I didn't call you names? And since when is "special snowflake" an insult, especially when it is said in a general sense, not applying to anyone in particular? I am sorry if you feel offended (albeit I am surprised you look for insult in my posts so quickly) but at no point did I mean it as an insult, either to you or anyone else.

Edited by Ylliarus

I remember playing a cathar smuggler and at one point I was explicitly addressed as a twilek. So I guess they have some specific paths built in and anything they added later just got put into one of those paths. No doubt pureblood sith looks like a zabrak or something inside the software. If you want to know the possible paths, just figure out which race options a new player with no unlocks has for each class.