Grit Teeth Tactical - Guardian/Juggernaut

Nickodemous

I hate facing players with this tactical in duels as a dot spec player. One ED was hard enough to have to play around. Two or more is just ridiculous. Less OP though in actual 4v4 or 8v8 matches if the team focuses the jugg hard enough.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less OP though in actual 4v4 or 8v8 matches if the team focuses the jugg hard enough.

Exactly! Very frustrating as a fan of Juggs/Guardians. I would say that I am pretty good with the class and it pisses me off that they are bottom dwellers in ranked. Although I can't see or hear my teammates expressions when they see a dps jugg enter the staging area for a ranked match, I am sure there is a lot of eye rolling and oh *****! lol

I gave the Force Bound set a spin, and it am not seeing change in incoming damage. Even when I catch 3 people with IR I am, I am still taking wild damage. Even more so, my damage is absolutely terrible now, basically cut in half. Back to Decent for me.

I am almost there. My favorite tactical for a veng jugg is the hemophilic slash. I miss it. You can pump some serious dmg with it. When applied, it seems like every single burn crits at once when they refresh.

Edited by Nickodemous

I was able to play 7 ranked matches last night on SF. Went 5-2 (one loss was a thrown match). Overall, I was very pleased. I was able to use the tactical several times in matches. It all about blowing your FD/ED first and then managing your other defensive cd's to be able to use Grit as quick as possible again. Undying was extremely helpful also. The 20% dmg reduction was noticeable in the matches. Six seconds in ranked is an eternity.

Dmg was not an issue either. The one match I looked stupid in was vs two sorcs, a pt, and an op. They absolutely wrecked me....:D

Edited by Nickodemous

I was able to play 7 ranked matches last night on SF. Went 5-2 (one loss was a thrown match). Overall, I was very pleased. I was able to use the tactical several times in matches. It all about blowing your FD/ED first and then managing your other defensive cd's to be able to use Grit as quick as possible again. Undying was extremely helpful also. The 20% dmg reduction was noticeable in the matches. Six seconds in ranked is an eternity.

Dmg was not an issue either. The one match I looked stupid in was vs two sorcs, a pt, and an op. They absolutely wrecked me....:D

Do you mind if I ask what was your character name? I was also on SF last night and might have been in your games.

Interesting. Do you combine the 20% DR with something else like Warzone Adrenal for a total of 35% DR?

Not at all, I was on Pepe'Nero …..she has been the toon I have been working on all this with.

We didn't have a game together, but I watched several games that you were in through twitch and discord streams. I did not watch very close enough to comment however. I was mostly raging at getting skipped for 2 matches in a row.

GL with your games. Hope everything works out.

Edited by septru

Do you combine the 20% DR with something else like Warzone Adrenal for a total of 35% DR?

DR is not additive. It is multiplicative. 20% + 15% DR does not equal 35%. But its a small technicality.

We didn't have a game together, but I watched several games that you were in through twitch and discord streams. I did not watch very close enough to comment however. I was mostly raging at getting skipped for 2 matches in a row.

GL with your games. Hope everything works out.

LOL.....I have been known to rage from time to time. If I decide to queue up tonight, I would appreciate any feedback. I have thick skin....can take the good along with the bad!

DR is not additive. It is multiplicative. 20% + 15% DR does not equal 35%. But its a small technicality.

Is this specific for Warzone Adrenal? On my sniper using Hololocate with tactical + Imperial Preparation with utility I get 15% DR + 15% DR directly added to my active DR.

Interesting. Do you combine the 20% DR with something else like Warzone Adrenal for a total of 35% DR?

No, remember the tactical reduces the CD of FD/ED by two seconds, every second, u take dmg. So, u have to be tactical with all of your defensive cd's, including your stim, to be able to allow it to be used again. If I used the stim with the 20% dmg reduction.....I would be wasting it. I actually have been using my stim now as my oh **** button.

You have to take dmg to get it to proc again, so I have been using all defenses and stim to make sure that happens. The longer you are able to stay up the greater chance you will be able to use it again, and again, and again.

Is this specific for Warzone Adrenal? On my sniper using Hololocate with tactical + Imperial Preparation with utility I get 15% DR + 15% DR directly added to my active DR.

Very few DR effects in this game are additive. Off the top of my head, Ling sorc Deionized (lightning bolt DR) is additive. Other than that the list is very short.

I have no idea if the hololocate tactical is additive. It might be that it is. I have never tried it myself.

Edited by septru

You have to take dmg to get it to proc again, so I have been using all defenses and stim to make sure that happens. The longer you are able to stay up the greater chance you will be able to use it again, and again, and again.

I know regs is not the same as ranked, but I just wanted to mention even in regs (as a jugger tank) I find it best to use grit teeth pretty much the same way you are talking about. That is, (just like they say for voting! :D) ... early and often. I even find myself preferring to leave grit teeth on, instead of life warden, because it seems more useful. Maybe in ranked LW's one use is more helpful during a single round, but I find that for a long match, I hardly ever get out of combat, so I can't swap LW out after it's used up until I die anyway. And then I'm so focused on rushing back in that most of the time I forget to swap it out. :o And grit teeth seems to proc ED so fast anyway (and in regs I can pretty much count on someone hitting me with a dot to heal me up. :D )

Also, I wanted to just say "thanks" for putting your experiences in this thread. So rare to find people trying things out in ranked and making it into a good discussion. Kudos!

I know regs is not the same as ranked, but I just wanted to mention even in regs (as a jugger tank) I find it best to use grit teeth pretty much the same way you are talking about. That is, (just like they say for voting! :D) ... early and often. I even find myself preferring to leave grit teeth on, instead of life warden, because it seems more useful. Maybe in ranked LW's one use is more helpful during a single round, but I find that for a long match, I hardly ever get out of combat, so I can't swap LW out after it's used up until I die anyway. And then I'm so focused on rushing back in that most of the time I forget to swap it out. :o And grit teeth seems to proc ED so fast anyway (and in regs I can pretty much count on someone hitting me with a dot to heal me up. :D )

Also, I wanted to just say "thanks" for putting your experiences in this thread. So rare to find people trying things out in ranked and making it into a good discussion. Kudos!

Um, I would also add that a tank is innately more survivable than a dps, and so its far easier to live long enough to get a second use off than it is with say vigi.

I play both

Very few DR effects in this game are additive. Off the top of my head, Ling sorc Deionized (lightning bolt DR) is additive. Other than that the list is very short.

I have no idea if the hololocate tactical is additive. It might be that it is. I have never tried it myself.

You'd think a real top 3 operative would know that Fortified Kolto is additive DR

I just did not want to accept the fact the class was trash. I thought it would be interesting to see if I could make something work that would benefit everyone who enjoyed the class as much as I do.

Too your first point, yes....early and often. I liken playing a dps jugg to a mara, without cloak.....lol......grit is my cloak! Need to move fast and hit hard. The good maras/sents are experts with defensive cds, dps juggs have got to learn to play the same way.

Edited by Nickodemous

Um, I would also add that a tank is innately more survivable than a dps, and so its far easier to live long enough to get a second use off than it is with say vigi.

I play both

I agree 100%....My first toon, Nickodemous (now Clandestu on SF so I could have the name :)) is a tank. I don't play him very often but there is a dramatic difference playing a tank in ranked vs. dps. In fact, if you play a dps jugg/guardian, like a tank, in ranked (<-----ha, poet who didn't know it) , you will get wrecked.

Don't get me wrong, I got tunneled hard just about every match the other night. I was able to stay up in all except one.....they were damn good. Various class combo's and a damn good sorc scare the hell out of me....lol. Also, I should add that I had exceptionally good teammates....which helped significantly.

Edited by Nickodemous

It is 2:20 my time....Sunday afternoon and u cannot get a queue pop for ranked. Should be prime time! I have tried to get pops and even offered up Tryranticus to play a few matches on twitch. There should be tons of people queuing....but no. Ranked cant just consist of 30 people who play on each server.

It is 2:20 my time....Sunday afternoon and u cannot get a queue pop for ranked. Should be prime time! I have tried to get pops and even offered up Tryranticus to play a few matches on twitch. There should be tons of people queuing....but no. Ranked cant just consist of 30 people who play on each server.

It’s like that through most of the game

I miss those weekend afternoon matches. I get it though. I was not able to play Saturday or Sunday nights....was just looking to get my ranked swerve on. lol.....oh well.

It’s been like that for me since before the last merge. And that was for regs :(

Since the merge to the east coast there aren’t many people left who play in my time zones so my queue pops are mostly arena when playing regs.

It’s been like that for me since before the last merge. And that was for regs :(

Since the merge to the east coast there aren’t many people left who play in my time zones so my queue pops are mostly arena when playing regs.

That sucks! I am sorry :(!

I used to play all my pub toons on the old Harbinger server and imp on POT5. It did seem that the times for arena pops were much more accommodating back then. Because of work, it is difficult for me to stay up late so the current times, with the exception of Friday nights, are difficult to participate in.

Which is fine, I will play when I can and continue to update the gearing status for Guardians/Juggs and the Grit tact as I get more. I need to finish up Pepe anyways....she is Valor 96 now....4 more levels to go! :D