Blue Matrix Cubes are for the wrong users.

WokeSmeed

• 3 weeks later...
I'm guessing this didn't get fixed in the patch yesterday. I didn't see anything in the patch notes. I too am looking for when they'll finally patch it for a shadow tank. I currently have 2 of the centurion comm bought epics but they both have clicky which share a cooldown, so it's just for the 59 endurance (and versatility of which cooldown I want to burn). But I would really hope for a statted one for us tankassins/tankadows.

Still no fix for M7-B3. Don't know what they were thinking giving an aim relic to force users.

Obviously someone made a typo when inputing the item number for that combination. The real shame is that they fail at taking the minute or two to correct this (assuming they need to also report the change internally, etc, otherwise they'd just have to take 30 seconds to find the entry).

Note that YGG is also broken (does same as YRR) and BYG is probably wrong too (two strength matrix cubes at 15, but no cunning).

Combined, you might take 3 minutes to fix all the problems with matrix cubes.

Edited by Tuhalu

• 2 weeks later...
The level 50 Blue Matrix Cubes that you get from assembling the 3 Blue Matrix Shards are for the wrong users. The force users (Sith/Jedi classes) get "Matrix Cube M7-B3" and the tech users (BH/IA/Trooper/Smuggler classes) get "Matrix Cube M7-G0".

The stats you get with "Matrix Cube M7-B3": 58 Aim, 50 Endurance, 24 Critical Rating

The stats you get with "Matrix Cube M7-G0": 58 Strength, 50 Endurance, 24 Critical Rating

Now, as a Sith Marauder, I want the +Strength Cube. But, as a force user, I can't get this one. And a tech user can't use this cube, cuz they need cunning or aim.

I also spent hours to get the 3 blue matrix shards just to find out I did all this effort for nothing cuz I can't use it (you have to wait 40 minutes for a balloon in Tatooine to jump on, and then you have to wait another 20 minutes on the balloon just to jump off above the Blue Matrix Shard and I failed the first time :/)

I also made a ticket in-game, but I think it will take days/weeks till I get an answer, so I tought I create a thread about it.

Bioware, PLZ FIX THIS !!

Thread for the Matrix Cubes: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=91505

Link to find all the datacrons: http://www.swtor-holo.net/swtor-datacron-locations/swtor-alderaan-datacron-locations.html

str matrix cube is 3 green shards not 3 blue, i got both on my juggernaut and merc just fine...

Here is the currently known list of Matrix Cubes color combinations:

please be advised that this list appears outdated as the ones created in Live have slighty different numbers (marked in orange below).

Level 15

Blue, Yellow, Green = 8 Strength, 18 Endurance

Red, Blue, Yellow = 11 Strength, 15 Endurance

Red, Blue, Green = 15 Aim, 11 Endurance

Red, Yellow, Green = 15 Endurance, 11 Willpower

Level 24

Blue, Yellow, Yellow= 11 Aim, 24 Endurance, 9 Defense

Green, Blue, Blue = 17 Aim, 22 Endurance, 6 Crit

Green, Yellow, Yellow= 22 Endurance, 17 Cunning, 6 Crit

Red, Blue, Blue= 16 Endurance, 23 Willpower, 5 Crit

Red, Yellow, Yellow = 23 Strength, 16 Endurance, 5 Crit

Yellow, Blue, Blue = 11 Strength, 24 Endurance, 9 Defense

Level 32

Blue, Green, Green = 14 Aim, 33 Endurance, 8 Shield, 10 Defense

Blue, Red, Red = 22 Endurance, 29 Willpower, 14 Crit

Green, Red, Red= 23 Aim, 26 Endurance, 16 Power

Red, Green, Green= 26 Endurance, 23 Cunning, 16 Crit

Yellow, Red, Red= 14 Strength, 33 Endurance, 8 Alacrity, 10 Defense

Level 50 – Force Users

Green, Green, Green= 50 Strength, 43 Endurance, 18 Crit, 26 Surge

Red, Red, Red = 50/58 Willpower, 43/50 Endurance, 18/24 Crit, 26/0 Surge

Yellow, Yellow, Yellow = 24/52 Strength, 62/60 Endurance, 26/18 Defense, 24/0 Surge

Level 50 – Tech Users

Blue, Blue, Blue = 50/58 Aim, 43/50 Endurance, 26/0 Alacrity, 18/24 Crit

Red, Red, Red = 52 Endurance, 43 Cunning, 18 Crit, 24 Surge

Yellow, Yellow, Yellow = 24 Aim, 62 Endurance, 24 Alacrity, 26 Defense

From what I see here, the BBB combination was never meant to create a cube for Force users. But please note that this list is from an old beta-pull. The numbers in orange mark cubes that were created on Live and verified by my guildmates (I created and verified the BBB on my Trooper and the YYY on my Guardian).

Edited by Danakar

From what I see here, the BBB combination was never meant to create a cube for Force users. But please note that this list is from an old beta-pull. The numbers in orange mark cubes that were created on Live and verified by my guildmates (I created and verified the BBB on my Trooper and the YYY on my Guardian).

BBB is for assassin tanks. It should be Willpower and Defense.

• 3 years later...
All fixed ages ago, see here:

http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Datacron

:)

Level 50 cubes for force users have 2 strength options and 2 willpower options

Level 50 cubes for tech users have 2 aim options, 1 cunning option, and 1 strength option

It may not be as badly mixed up as the original post made it sound, but it isn't quite perfect. So not "all" fixed.

By the way, do you know for a fact that that particular source is the absolute most up to date and most accurate information out there for what's in-game currently? I was looking into the shards / cubes somewhat recently to work out where everything was (for as long as I've been aware of them while playing this game it has always felt like the opportunity to make any particular cube always comes much later than when you might actually need it, I wanted to see if it was really as bad as I thought) and to make note for my own reference what all the recipes were. And while I was looking that stuff up I was finding a lot of conflicting information out there about the exact stats on a lot of the cubes (sometimes even disagreeing about which main stat was on which cube for the ones under level 50, but mostly it was variations in the values). It seemed impossible to tell without finding all of the shards on a force class and a tech class (which I have not done on even one character yet) and actually taking the time to test out every combination myself (which I doubt that I'm going to feel like doing anyway) whether any of it was accurate.

At any rate, from doing that research I put together this summary, if it will be of any use to anybody. I've got a quick reference for what planets have which shards and something to give a rough idea how easy/difficult each one is to obtain, and I've got a list of the cubes sorted by main stat with a quick guide to which planets' shards you'll need to make each of them.

Shard - Planet(s) - Notes
Blue1 - Tython / Hutta - some enemies in way for either faction
Green1 - Imp.Balmorra / Rep.Taris - both require cooperation of 2+ players
Red1 - Korriban / Ord Mantell - single strong enemy in way for either faction
Yellow1 - Coruscant / Dromund Kaas - jump puzzle / pipe navigation for Republic, just enemies for Empire
Blue2 - Tatooine - long wait riding Jawa balloon
Green2 - Belsavis - collect 4 energy cubes (random world spawns) and bring to a console
Red2 - Hoth - needs Hydro-Thinner (Hoth cantina vendor), longer trip for Republic
Yellow2 - Nar Shaddaa - needs Slot Decoder (found while getting another on NS), jump puzzle
Blue3 - Corellia - longer trip for Republic
Green3 - Corellia - needs MGGS (Alderaan road vendor), more enemies in way for Republic
Red3 - Ilum - located very close to Republic base
Yellow3 - Ilum - located very close to Empire base

Cube Name - Cube Level - Shards - Listed Stats - Shard Planets
M2-W2 - 15 - B G R - Aim+15,End+10 - 2Start + Bal/Tar
M3-J1 - 24 - B Y Y - Aim+19,End+24 - 1Start + Cap + Nar or Ilum
M3-A2 - 24 - B B G - Aim+28,End+14 - 1Start + Bal/Tar + Tat or Cor
M4-A1 - 32 - B G G - Aim+29,End+33 - 1Start + Bal/Tar + Bel or Cor
M4-B2 - 32 - G R R - Aim+39,End+23 - 1Start + Bal/Tar + Hoth or Ilum
M7-Y3 (Tech) - 50	Y Y Y - Aim+52,End+60,Def+18 - Cap + Nar + Ilum
M7-B3 (Force) - 50 - B B B - Aim+58,End+50,Crt+24 - 1Start + Tat + Cor
M7-B3 (Tech) - 50 - B B B - Aim+58,End+50,Crt+24 - 1Start + Tat + Cor
M3-L1 - 24 - G Y Y - Cun+28,End+14 - Cap + Bal/Tar + Nar or Ilum
M4-B1 - 32 - G G R - Cun+39,End+23 - 1Start + Bal/Tar + Bel or Cor
M7-R3 (Tech) - 50 - R R R	Cun+72,End+48,Crt+7 - 1Start + Hoth + Ilum
M2-W0 - 15 - B G Y - Str+11,End+14 - 1Start + Cap + Bal/Tar
M2-W3 - 15 - B R Y - Str+18,End+8 - 2Start + Cap
M3-J2 - 24 - B B Y - Str+19,End+24 - 1Start + Cap + Tat or Cor
M3-O1 - 24 - R Y Y - Str+19,End+24 - 1Start + Cap + Nar or Ilum
M4-L0 - 32 - G G Y - Str+29,End+33 - Cap + Bal/Tar + Bel or Cor
M4-O2 - 32 - R R Y - Str+29,End+33 - 1Start + Cap + Hoth or Ilum
M7-Y3 (Force) - 50 - Y Y Y - Str+52,End+60,Def+18 - Cap + Nar + Ilum
M7-G3 (Force) - 50 - G G G - Str+58,End+50,Crt+24 - Bal/Tar + Bel + Cor
M7-G3 (Tech) - 50 - G G G - Str+58,End+50,Crt+24 - Bal/Tar + Bel + Cor
M2-W1 - 15 - G R Y - Wil+18,End+81 - Start + Cap + Bal/Tar
M3-V2 - 24 - B B R - Wil+19,End+24 - 2Start + Tat or Cor
M4-V1 - 32 - B R R - Wil+29,End+33 - 2Start + Hoth or Ilum
M7-R3 (Force) - 50 - R R R - Wil+58,End+50,Crt+24 - 1Start + Hoth + Ilum

(It's easier to look at in a spreadsheet. Oh well.)

People still use those matrix relics?

Probably even less now with 12x going on than however little use they were already getting thanks to level cap increases and the addition of the Rakghoul relics as a more convenient alignment-neutral option while leveling under 50.

But who knows, someone might still try to assemble one for some reason. Someone who is not riding the 12x express, who is playing neutral (or less than dark2/light2), and who has not yet had a chance to earn the minimum THORN rep for the other neutral option.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

Necroposting this to see if this issue ever got fixed.

I don't want to spend all day hunting blue shards for my shadow-tank and have nothing to show for it. :jawa_angel:

It also doesn't matter; matrix shard relics haven't been relevant gear basically since they were introduced. Pointless necropost was pointless.

Level 50 cubes for force users have 2 strength options and 2 willpower options

Level 50 cubes for tech users have 2 aim options, 1 cunning option, and 1 strength option

It may not be as badly mixed up as the original post made it sound, but it isn't quite perfect. So not "all" fixed. <snip>

Well, there's really no need for a 4th Tech user 50 cube at all, seeing as there's no 'Cunning Tank' class. i imagine Bio just left it the same as the GGG Force user version for that very reason :)

People still use those matrix relics?

Yes, Me! I use them for my chars, I like collecting the bits and constructing them! :D

It also doesn't matter; matrix shard relics haven't been relevant gear basically since they were introduced. Pointless necropost was pointless.

Good to know the forum police are doing the rounds! :D I feel much safer already! :eek: