10,000 Tech Fragments

hillerbees

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frequently hitting the limit and have a decent armor set for each class now and most of the tacticals.

1) Can the devs please come up with something else productive to use these on?

2) Can we have the limit raised considerably so that we can use them at a time that suits rather than having to spend them mid week? I usually hit limit each week on a Wednesday after the guild rewards come in. Ky vendor doesn't show up until the weekend.

I cannot be on my own on this as I know others play way more than I do. What are the rest of you doing with excess fragments?

Agreed. Either make Ky be all week or up the total. Actually how about doing both?

There's a couple vendors on the fleet, other side of the room Kai is in, "SoW: Mounts" and "SoW: Pets", they sell pets and mounts (obviously) that used to drop from Command Crates for TFs only, iirc.

Everquest ruined my brain. Anyone else associate the acronym SoW With Spirit of Wolf ⁉️

We need more cosmetics to buy with frags. It would also be great to just be able to buy Legendary Ember with them.

I agree with whomever suggested unlimited. Still don;t understand why the light or dark tokens are set to 100. Everything should always be unlimited concerning comms or tech frags or whatever.

They don't do unlimited to slow people down. If it was, say 100,000, then when a new Tier of gear comes out, everybody will just go buy it.

Edited by StrikePrice

I waste them on random enhancements for a chance to get the BiS ones. The rate is like 1 in every 30k tech frags

When I want a better amplifier for an equipped mod I just buy them from SoW and stash the good purple/gold rated amps on 306 mods in storage and disassemble any other dead duck buys. Even if the chance of a good amp by vendor is less than recalibrating it's still better than spending a stupid amount of credits trying to get good amps. If anything in this game needs to feel like you're earning too much of it it's credits, not tech frags.

Not even sure why we needed a cap to start with

All the caps unless it's for a f2p restriction are pretty pointless. My best guess is, like countless games, they're concerned about exploiters or hackers finding an easy way to net themselves billions of tech frags without doing even a slight variety of things. A cap hardwritten in the code would prevent that, but it clearly hasn't stopped Spammer Station players, and it wouldn't stop smaller scale tech frag filling by hacks if we ever saw it, so that doesn't seem like a very good reason either.

I'd ask creators about it directly, but it doesn't irk me enough to be worth the effort of getting a definitive answer.

Log onto a char you barely use, buy a whole bunch of mounts for 200-500 each (the 200 mounts cost fewer credits proportionally), and log out. The timer only counts down while you're logged in, so you can save up as many as you have inventory space for until you find a use for them.

This was considered an exploit when people did it during the launch window of 6.0 with regular gear pieces, or "abusing" the refund timer to buy and sell a gear piece over and over until you got one with a legendary amplifier.

considering some of them can go to 100k (I think), why can't they all?

And when you consider it also requires 1 mill credits to go along with the tech frags (if you want a set piece or tactical), having a lower cap doesn’t achieve anything except annoy players by making them go back to the fleet all the time and making others wait for them if they are in a group.

If the cap was 100k or more, it would not matter because we still need the credits to go along with buying the gear. Then you need to put the internal mods on them which often require ripping them out of other gear.

(Assuming you aren’t using kye)

3,000 tech frags per piece + 1 mil credits + possible internal costs x 7 Armor pieces + tactical’s = 24,000 to 27,000 tech frags (depending on how many tactical’s you want) + 7-9mil+ credits to equip a whole set. That doesn’t include ear, implants, relics or Amps or min maxing the stats.

Having a cap of 100k would be perfect IMO. It’s not too high that Bioware need to worry so much about potential exploits and it’s not so low that players have to continually stop playing content to go muck around at gear vendors.

Having to spend a million credits just to free up some tech fragments is ridiculous. Takes me a whole day or more to get a million credits.

because a set piece costs 3K tech fragments and 1 million credits to buy from the vendor.

It's one reason why I call 6.0 SWTOR: Onslaught of RNG and Credit Sinks.

There are cheaper things you can buy than gear for a million.

6.0 is indeed a credit sink, but the game also offers people quite a lot of money and you can get this money easily from other players with various ways.

There are cheaper things you can buy than gear for a million.
Listen, we don't need silly reactions like this.

The only really useful thing is the set bonus pieces and tacticals. If you're into decorations then you can get the ones on Ossus which is a limited amount so that doesn't have much long term appeal.

The rest is just RNG bs and the occasional discount from Kai Zykken.

Besides, part of the issue is that for people like myself who do have the credits and have gotten their alts geared already. I have 14 level 75s fully geared including augments. Most of them already before the end of last year.

If you know how to gearing works you can get a lot of alts geared with 306 in no time. Took me two weeks for my original 11 alts. Set bonuses where not far behind and augments took longer only because of how they were gated, the mats at least. And I don't play 24/7 either.

I even took a break from the game at the start of the year for 3-4 months. The point is that there is just not enough to spend tech frags on because when you play regularly and do some group content like FPs and Ops you will be filled with tech frags and nothing to spend them on quite quickly. That's how the system works.

I have all my alts geared, 14 of em. So I'm not someone with 100 alts but also not someone with 1 or 2. But all of them geared and I've got the deco's I wanted from Ossus.

So now what? What do I spend them on now? There is no contingency that is there for long term. I'd be happy if they gave out cartel certificates for 10K each for example. Or a new set of decorations and maybe a mount or something.

I never really needed the RNG vendor for mods because I got all of them and more to spare from just doing content. You know, just veteran FPs and an ops here and there for old times sake. Nothing difficult or anything.

I get that there are some people who take it slow or have 100 alts they want to gear up...but those are not the only players. It'd really do the game some good to have something else useful to be able to do with tech frags.

The game is already not very rewarding and in the end I think it would be a good thing if there was a little more you could earn in game rather than do things and have to buy the rewards for your efforts yourself.

Frequently hitting the limit and have a decent armor set for each class now and most of the tacticals.

1) Can the devs please come up with something else productive to use these on?

2) Can we have the limit raised considerably so that we can use them at a time that suits rather than having to spend them mid week? I usually hit limit each week on a Wednesday after the guild rewards come in. Ky vendor doesn't show up until the weekend.

I cannot be on my own on this as I know others play way more than I do. What are the rest of you doing with excess fragments?

Something else productive to use them on?

I spend 10k tech frags weekly on mods and rarely get the 369/359 R-2 I’m looking for. Let alone when I do get one rolling it to 200k amplifier and still not getting the yellow I want.

There’s absolutely no chance you have a full BiS with yellow amps set on ALL your chars, let alone one of them.

Listen, we don't need silly reactions like this.

The only really useful thing is the set bonus pieces and tacticals. If you're into decorations then you can get the ones on Ossus which is a limited amount so that doesn't have much long term appeal.

The rest is just RNG bs and the occasional discount from Kai Zykken.

Besides, part of the issue is that for people like myself who do have the credits and have gotten their alts geared already. I have 14 level 75s fully geared including augments. Most of them already before the end of last year.

If you know how to gearing works you can get a lot of alts geared with 306 in no time. Took me two weeks for my original 11 alts. Set bonuses where not far behind and augments took longer only because of how they were gated, the mats at least. And I don't play 24/7 either.

I even took a break from the game at the start of the year for 3-4 months. The point is that there is just not enough to spend tech frags on because when you play regularly and do some group content like FPs and Ops you will be filled with tech frags and nothing to spend them on quite quickly. That's how the system works.

I have all my alts geared, 14 of em. So I'm not someone with 100 alts but also not someone with 1 or 2. But all of them geared and I've got the deco's I wanted from Ossus.

So now what? What do I spend them on now? There is no contingency that is there for long term. I'd be happy if they gave out cartel certificates for 10K each for example. Or a new set of decorations and maybe a mount or something.

I never really needed the RNG vendor for mods because I got all of them and more to spare from just doing content. You know, just veteran FPs and an ops here and there for old times sake. Nothing difficult or anything.

I get that there are some people who take it slow or have 100 alts they want to gear up...but those are not the only players. It'd really do the game some good to have something else useful to be able to do with tech frags.

The game is already not very rewarding and in the end I think it would be a good thing if there was a little more you could earn in game rather than do things and have to buy the rewards for your efforts yourself.

Yes yes blah blah blah. Your “sets” are probably all blue/green amps with mid/high rubbish endurance mods on them.

If you actually tried to min/max one of those sets. That’s the 369/359 mods, gold amps. Then 361 power 389 crit/alac/acc etc enhancements. Then you’ll soon run out of tech frags and stop complaining

Edited by -Ashton-

Yes yes blah blah blah. Your “sets” are probably all blue/green amps with mid/high rubbish endurance mods on them.

Not necessarily, I've at least 20 toons with full 306 yellow/gold (whatever the colour) gear, and still keep hitting the limit.

You don't really need to min /max stuff, if you don't do NiM, or PvP. It's nice to have, but not needed.

He's not complaining, more looking for other things to spend the frags on. And he's not alone, if we have more decos, etc, I'd probably buy more decos. INfact my first few weeks of this, wasn't to gear, it was to get frags, specifically for the decos.

If you actually tried to min/max one of those sets. That’s the 369/359 mods, gold amps. Then 361 power 389 crit/alac/acc etc enhancements. Then you’ll soon run out of tech frags and stop complaining

I have 20 toons with full set gear and BiS in ever slot. I also have about 10 backup sets in my legacy bank. You're clueless.

I have 20 toons with full set gear and BiS in ever slot. I also have about 10 backup sets in my legacy bank. You're clueless.

10 Back up sets, that's organised...lol I have one dps, and one tank, just to get the guys who aren't at 306, up there from the standard vendor set.