Momentary Server Downtime - April 24

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

Starting soon at 10:00am CDT we'll be momentarily taking down the servers to address an issue with Mission boards. When the servers come back up, the Bounty Contract in-game event should be accessible to players again!

The estimated downtime is 30 minutes and I will update this thread once the servers are back up. Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

We lost two days of the BH event, which means a loss of a minimum of 2 completed contracts to whatever maximum spread among each account of characters. Will we get an extension of the event, since we lost out on 28 percent of it?

Always good to know that problem are getting solved....

....but very sad that we were 1 min away from nathema HM last boss death....not that its hard to do...but so many people leave when finder give that FP that finishing it seems like a big achievement :eek:

If you want to turn off Conquest popups as part of maintenance, I'd not object.

Yes, now THAT would be worthy of a hotfix. These new popups have been ruining my experience and fun since the patch. It looks fancy, but it needs to be much smaller and in some corner where it can't get me and/or members of my group killed by popping up at the wrong time. :mad:

i am on Eastern time zone which 11: 15 sm , and all of the time stamps in this thread are ahead of my time zone..so what is the update on the servers

Server just came down like 15 min ago... they didn't even post till like 3 min before the servers were coming down... I'm guessing another 25/30 min or so (I know they said 30...but.)

Yes, now THAT would be worthy of a hotfix. These new popups have been ruining my experience and fun since the patch. It looks fancy, but it needs to be much smaller and in some corner where it can't get me and/or members of my group killed by popping up at the wrong time. :mad:

got killed only once by it...but id say that an X to close it will solve a lot of issues, if making it a part of the hud editor is too much of a trouble

While these are indeed fancy-looking, I'm going to have to agree with the above post; They tend to just get in the way when playing the game and doing story missions and the likes. Constantly popping up in my face. Now the suggestion I have is making an option for guild message of the day to ONLY show up the annoying popup if/when the message of the day CHANGES, not EACH AND EVERY LOGIN. Having to click it away is rather annoying.

got killed only once by it...but id say that an X to close it will solve a lot of issues, if making it a part of the hud editor is too much of a trouble

I haven't pvp'd since the update, but i can imagine how bad it is, pve you can survive, most things, but pvp, it could be very bad...lol. They need to keep it supressed, the way the do with mission rewards, crew skills, etc, while in a pvp match , at the very least

Hey everyone!

The servers are once again available. Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Hi, do you know if we will get an extension on the duration of the event?

Seriously, took us out of 2x xp to fix a dead event no one plays and hasn't been updated in a decade, bravo.

Wow, dude! You have some freaking gaw! With the state of the world and with the devs working from home you should be grateful we have a game. The fact that they are able to fix the BBA event in their condition is commendable. Saying good job goes along way, my friend. Try it some time!

Seriously, took us out of 2x xp to fix a dead event no one plays and hasn't been updated in a decade, bravo.

It's a full month of double xp and you lost about 45 minutes...

You really must have nothing to do to complain about that....