Bounty Hunting Event Issue

DanielSteed

Hey everyone,

We've identified an unfortunate issue in the Bounty Hunting Event that went live with today's patch. As a result, we have had to turn off the ability to complete the affected Mission by temporarily removing the Mission accept and turn-in terminals.

The team is actively working on a fix; in the meantime, we'd recommend that you not continue participating in the event until a fix has been implemented, as that progress may be lost. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, and will keep you posted on our progress. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy Double XP, Renown, Starfighter, and PvP points throughout the rest of the galaxy!

I don't know if this is as a result of the team working on a fix, or part of the original bug, but ALL of my completed Bounty Contract tokens are now missing from my Legacy Bank. And I didn't participate in that little exploit, didn't even know about it until the kiosks had been turned off. I would like them back, I worked for many months to accumulate those, and it is completely unfair to strip me of mine because someone else couldn't control themselves.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this is as a result of the team working on a fix, or part of the original bug, but ALL of my completed Bounty Contract tokens are now missing from my Legacy Bank. And I didn't participate in that little exploit, didn't even know about it until the kiosks had been turned off. I would like them back, I worked for many months to accumulate those, and it is completely unfair to strip me of mine because someone else couldn't control themselves.

Check the currency tab in inventory. It's there now.

What kind of "developers" has EA hired for SWTOR I wonder? As an ex designer for Fallen Earth one of the requirements for our jobs was to understand the framework and engine you were working with. When I was in my early 20's It took me 7 1/2 years to get my bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science, or software engineering at the University of Toronto. It's amazing to me you don't even know how to troubleshoot your own framework on the HeroEngine your working on. HeroEngine is one of the most userfriendly engines. It has serverside technology like Unity It even updates everything in real-time making it easier to find problems on the fly, even beginners can design games and decompile their projects with it. Edited by socratesonetwo

More bad news, guys; if it is the multiple Bounty Contracts issue.... it doesn't stop there. I just encountered something similar on Hutta - picked up the "Hostage Situation Cleanup" Heroic from the terminal along with "Hostage Situation", completed them, "Cleanup" resolved automatically, went back to the Foreman to turn in "Hostage Situation" and the game gave me "Cleanup" a second time. I promptly abandoned it since I'm pretty certain it's not Working As Intended, but it is concerning. If the problem doesn't just affect Bounty Contract Week, but any missions recieved from terminals, allowing duplicates or multiple missions when it's not supposed to, we might be seeing an Emergency Maintenance downtime or something...

That's probably more of an issue with these two heroics.

Cleanup is a continuation of Hostage Situation, you always got it only after completing the first heroic. When the heroic terminal was introduced, Cleanup could be picked up, but vanished, so you started with three Hutta heroics instead of the four shown at the terminal.

I just tested it. Cleanup doesn't vanish anymore, but I had to delete it in order to turn in Hostage Situation. The 'problem' here is that the quest giver still gives you Cleanup like he used to do, even though you can complete it out of order.

If that makes sense. :t_smile:

What kind of "developers" has EA hired for SWTOR I wonder? As an ex designer for Fallen Earth one of the requirements for our jobs was to understand the framework and engine you were working with. When I was in my early 20's It took me 7 1/2 years to get my bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science, or software engineering at the University of Toronto. It's amazing to me you don't even know how to troubleshoot your own framework on the HeroEngine your working on. HeroEngine is one of the most userfriendly engines. It has serverside technology like Unity It even updates everything in real-time making it easier to find problems on the fly, even beginners can design games and decompile their projects with it.

The classic “the devs are incompetent and I could’ve done better”... filling in one slot on my Dev Post Bingo paper.

Would be nice with an update on this ... :)

Hey everyone,

We've identified an unfortunate issue in the Bounty Hunting Event that went live with today's patch. As a result, we have had to turn off the ability to complete the affected Mission by temporarily removing the Mission accept and turn-in terminals.

The team is actively working on a fix; in the meantime, we'd recommend that you not continue participating in the event until a fix has been implemented, as that progress may be lost. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, and will keep you posted on our progress. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy Double XP, Renown, Starfighter, and PvP points throughout the rest of the galaxy!

None yet... but the dev tracker has a bunch of other things listed.. Seeing as the event should be in its third day today (with no updates at all).. it seems the issue may have been buried under a bunch of other problems.

this new patch seemed to have caused a load of new bugs, :/

I really do hope they extend the event for the next week or something, because there are people among us who have been waiting for it for over a month, and will again have to wait for over a month. And if some missed it last time for various reasons (I know of such cases), it simply sucks.

The wider selection of events is beautiful, but it sadly means that if you have a fav event, or an event you are still in the middle of grinding for, you may end up with very long waiting. Which is why, if this week gets botched now, for some people it would essentially mean three months without the event they have been waiting for.

I hope Bioware fixes this AND gives the players another week to make up for the lost days.

I hope Bioware fixes this AND gives the players another week to make up for the lost days.

I hope so. I parked myself next to the terminal last night for about 45 minutes or so just watching people run up to the terminal area acting confused as to what was going on.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

Updating the thread here. With today's brief downtime we rolled out a fix to address this issue. The Mission accept and turn-in terminals are once again enabled and players are able to go back to participating in the Bounty Hunting event!

Hey everyone,

Updating the thread here. With today's brief downtime we rolled out a fix to address this issue. The Mission accept and turn-in terminals are once again enabled and players are able to go back to participating in the Bounty Hunting event!

Awesome news! Thanks!! :D

Hey everyone,

Since you took them down yet again, can we get the event extended?

Terminals have disappeared again, what gives?

Might be for the best. I logged while they were briefly up and turned in a bounty contract - got at least the XP (leveled) but did NOT receive a completed bounty contract. (turned in /bug report of course)

So might be best they are back down, since they are only partially working.

Hey everyone,

Apperently the BH terminals are also playing hide and seek