The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Conquest lost its shape and purpose

Stradlin

You once again ignore the "Seems like a one man guild is a good fit for you too" jab and the overall focus of that comment on the poster, whether that focus was misplaced or not.

Believe you me, its FAR from being the only jab I've gotten to ignore in this thread. Apparently, it is only one that matters though.

Please stop talking about me and focus on arguments being made?

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe you me, its FAR from being the only jab I've gotten to ignore in this thread. Apparently, it is only one that matters though.

Please stop talking about me and focus on arguments being made?

I've said what I wanted to say on the arguments that were made, which is why I haven't posted before this since my last response to you.

I responded here because of the hypocrisy. Nobody else is claiming to only focus on game mechanics like you are, which is why your little jab matters more. You're claiming to be above that, even so close after making a jab like that yourself to the point where you apparently mixed the poster up with somebody else to throw that jab.

In case the..riveting exchnage about other posters is over, I'd really like it if somebody who disagrees with (bottom part of) #339 to explain what is wrong about it. Edited by Stradlin

I've said what I wanted to say on the arguments that were made, which is why I haven't posted before this since my last response to you.

I responded here because of the hypocrisy. Nobody else is claiming to only focus on game mechanics like you are, which is why your little jab matters more. You're claiming to be above that, even so close after making a jab like that yourself to the point where you apparently mixed the poster up with somebody else to throw that jab.

That's it though, he keeps changing, several times he's edited his post, dasty (and others) have pointed out where he contradicts himself, etc. He just doesn't listen, he's blinkers on and all he sees is what he says. Maybe that's his plan, to keep banging away on his drum to the point where we all stop posting, and he'll turn around to ea/bw and say look, I'm right, I'm the only one posting, etc. My final say (at the moment) is this. If they nerf the conquest points because of this, they will lose players, we've had an influx of new people, and returning players, most which have starting getting involved in CQ again. If they reverse that, people will stop CQ, and it will flail again.

In case the..riveting exchnage about other posters is over, I'd really like it if somebody who disagrees with (bottom part of) #339 to explain what is wrong about it.

I think you just want to argue about something and be negative about it. you MAY HAVE HAD a point early on? but it's nowhere now

1) Crafting mats are locked behind personal conquest.

2) How exactly does my achieving personal conquest goals on multiple characters impact you?

I'm not seeing your argument.

Dasty

Neither is he, but he just doesn't know it yet.

All The Best

I particularly like the changes. My next step is getting into a guild. My main is a Jedi Knight, but I also play a Sith Jugg regularly too. (makes it easier to go back and forth).

If you are looking to get the top rewards, look at the conquest tab, see which guilds are on top, and ask them if they are recruiting. Chances are, they will, you'll get , not only the max rewards (assumning you get CQ), but you'll also be able to see the guild CQ perks in action, if the guild is using them. No harm in spreading your toons around either, but it depends on what you actually want out of the guilds :)

...What on earth is wrong or..insulting in being a proud owner of a literal one man vanity guild(ship)? I bought my 1st literal one man vanity guildship back when they were still 50 mils each. One or two more at some point back when they turned 8 mils each.

Just that I never for one second expected/assumed/demanded BW to acommodate me by making stuff clearly meant for living guilds to become within my reach in those 1 man guilds with their dollhouse guildships. .Way i see it, you are/were basically buying a bridge to deco for 50/8 mils. I had no plans back then to start doing some solo low yield and, even tho it'd be perfectly attainable now, I still don't..no time.

What in there is an insult or insulting, I don't get. Imagine what it'd do to my posting here, if I lost my marbles to " insults" of that scale?

That's your issue right here. You expect other players to agree with you just because....no other reason. The points you made in your first post, are your issues if other player don't agree then they don't agree.

Personally I like the new conquest and think it is much improved, more alt friendly and other than the actual guild reward treats players equally. Don't have an issue with the large guilds getting that little extra, after all a lot spend much of there game time recruiting which is not something I would want to spend my time doing.

Edited by Nevaeh-Heaven

Well, it turns out PVP is completely hosed in the new conquest system. On the Conquest goal list that went up a couple hours ago, PVP related goals are non-existent. Apparently the meager conquest rewards for PVP will not even occur every week.

The above information is COMPLETELY WRONG, I have edited this post to reflect that.

My Bad

Edited by Midasear

Well, it turns out PVP is completely hosed in the new conquest system. On the Conquest goal list that went up a couple hours ago, PVP related goals are non-existent. Apparently the meager conquest rewards for PVP will not even occur every week.

It has been that way for 3 weeks now. You can't even say GSF and PvP would have a digit missing when you compare it to planetary mission grind. Like..most matches a GSF pilot does/day give 1620 this week. Add a zero there. As in, increase the reward to 10x. what it is. 1000%. And STILL it'd be less than what you easily make by soloing faceroll heroics for 10 mins.

Daily

<Activity Finder: Socialite I> 5000

<Starfighter: Achiever> 10000

<Starfighter: Dominate the Stars> 7500

<Warzones: Achiever> 10000

<Warzones: Fight for Glory> 5000

Once Off

<Activity Finder: Pinnacle>14500

infinate

<Warzones: Medalist> 2750

<Starfighter: Conquer the Skies> 1500

Doesn't look non-existent to me, not to mention that every mission with a 1, also has a follow up. as well as all the 'trash' missions, that you can do while queing, oh and craft if you can., Sure while quing, what's the stop you grabbing a heroic and going to an area to get the rampage or whatever they are called now. You see, PvP players can do that, they can do PvE objectives, while quing. If PvE players start hoping in to WZ's just to get more CQ points, how many PvP'ers will be here crying about it? It's already been said by PvP'rs that they do not want people coming in, just to grab points, or rewards. Where as PvE players don't care, if PvP'rs run around killing stuff.

Edited by DarkTergon

Daily

<Warzones:AchieverI> 1000

You really don't wanna go here.We totally can, tho!

These are weeklies for char that you do daily for conq. Weird, but okay. GSF version takes 4 matches if you win three of them. Or Seven if you lose all. Actual number is usually somewhere in middle. PvP weekly at max lvl is much more work than that. Let's say we are super fast and need only 40 mins for that weekly. Ignoring time spend in queue pool and all that, only matches. Mission runner needs 3 mins to do Toxic Bombs or any of the other countless fast heroics. He gets well over that 10k from it. In fact, mission runner has brought at least two characters to conq target within that 40 mins it takes pvp'er or pilot to ding a 10k weekly.

This is nice. 7.5k from 10 mins of work. If you win. Once per day. Mission runner can reach CONQ TARGET in that 10 mins. Of course, once you have won your 1st match, pvp'er and pilot have their conq earned/match go way, way down. After the 1st win, its 1500 conq for one match. Get that? 1500 conq in about 10 mins. Do missions and you get 10x that. Considering how incredibly generous stuff planetary mission grinder has orbiting the missions ( 2 x slayer quests etc) we can include Socialite dings(which all grp content shares) to this mix.. but the difference grows so vast it becomes tough to measure and calculate.

Mission grinder can reach conq target in the time it takes to do a single pvp/gsf match. Let that sink in already.

People make like 400% more conq now than 2+ weeks back. Yet, GSF and PvP got nerfed.In a patch that increases overall conq by 400%

Edited by Stradlin

Daily

<Activity Finder: Socialite I> 5000

<Warzones: Achiever> 10000

Derp on me, I was looking in the wrong place. Sorry for the misinformation

Mission grinder can reach conq target in the time it takes to do a single pvp/gsf match. Let that sink in already.

People make like 400% more conq now than 2+ weeks back. Yet, GSF and PvP got nerfed.In a patch that increases overall conq by 400%

As stated already PvP & GSF people can do PvE, we welcome everyone. PvE cannot always do GSF & PvP, a lot of you don't welcome us (I can understand this, as it can unbalaance a match, etc, especially when people are there for points, and don't give a rats *** about the actual content)

Going to try one more time, let this sink in. EVERYTHING a 'grinder' can do, YOU can do, while queing for GSF or PVP, so technically, YOU can actually get more points than they can. The fact YOU choose not to, is on you, the fact that YOU can not see this, is on you, the fact that this isn't getting through, is on you. At this point, I don't think you even know what you are arguing about. The fact the mods allow this to continue is mind blowing. But as someone already said, the saying goes 'it seems the chimps have escaped and are running the zoo'.

With that being said, I'm going back to my positive posts :) Live long and prosper.....oops :eek::eek:

As stated already PvP & GSF people can do PvE, we welcome everyone.

I'm not sure how you welcome somebody soloing missions to that personal, often instanced content of his. I've most def gotten generous samples of that welcoming attitude though.

..And that's just the thing. When we speak of planetary soloable missions, there are no welcomings or welgonings to be had. This aspect of the game is completely accessible for everybody wanting to do it regardless of how popular or unpopular this content is in a wider sense. If you like to do it in grp, you can. But it needs no other people. On the contrary, it typically isolates those doing it from other people. If you are only person in the world who wants to do Rock and a Hard Place-mission at 4 A.M, then you pick it, teleport there and the content happens for you. Far enough removed from peak of your home server and people won't see GSF matches, lowbie pvp or ranked pvp happening at all. All multiplayer exclusive content needs other people to happen. Originally, big part of conquest system was all about promoting various multiplayer contrent for this exact reason. Now we have a situation where game aggrressivley enocurages and promotes content that A) needs no popularity to be available and fun for people who like it B) Actually isolates people in insances and soloable mission grinds.

PvE cannot always do GSF & PvP, a lot of you don't welcome us (I can understand this, as it can unbalaance a match, etc, especially when people are there for points, and don't give a rats *** about the actual content)

GSF community is actually extremely inclusive and welcoming, generally speaking. If you /cjoin GSF and ask around, you'll get tons of advice and ppl willing to fly with you and so on. Ground pvp is..different let's say. :p However, and this should be obvious, it is not for some douche to tell you if you get to do pvp or not. Notion that you " cannot do it" is absurd. You can do GSF from lvl 1 and Wzs from lvl 10 on. Any and all competitive games, digital or otherwise, have some measures of trashtalk and other..horseplay in the mix.

Going to try one more time, let this sink in. EVERYTHING a 'grinder' can do, YOU can do, while queing for GSF or PVP, so technically,

..And vice versa? If you wanna help your guild and/or yourself by getting tons of conq real fast, then why even waste time by doing anything but the planetaries? Most PvP or GSF matches give you 1500 points for 10 mins of play. You get so much more conq if you skip the match and do a mission or two in that 10 mins instead. Ofc, planetary mission tourist and PvP'er both can " CHOOSE TO" grind missions while on queue for pvp or some other activity.

It took me 10 mins and 6 seconds to earn 54.000k conquest by doing planetary missions. No fleet janitor stuff, no major weekly dings. No 25/50 slayer objectives even. Just five missions. This wasn't some optimal time attack run.I did plenty of mistakes, picked an unsuitable planet etc.

It can take bit over 10 mins to do a pvp or gsf match. Most matches give you 1500 conquest.

This new conq patch was supposed to make stuff more diverse. Instead, only one playstyle got included to this """diverse""" mix. Or two, if you truly wish to call garbage seller fleet janitor stuff a playstyle. Everybody else operates in the old system still. Except GSF and PvP . BW actually nerfed these.

Edited by Stradlin

For those saying there was no communication about these changes I have two questions:

(1) Did you go to the test server and check out the changes as I did?

(2) What more communication can they give you if you had a chance to go to the test server to test them out.

Now for actual communication check out this:

https://www.swtor.com/community/show...00#edit9829500

https://www.swtor.com/community/show...80#edit9828380

There was communication and if you missed it then your problem not the devs, unless you think you are special enough to get a specific email telling you what was going on since you can't be bothered to check out the devs section or the test server.

For those saying there was no communication about these changes I have two questions:

(1) Did you go to the test server and check out the changes as I did?

(2) What more communication can they give you if you had a chance to go to the test server to test them out.

Now for actual communication check out this:

https://www.swtor.com/community/show...00#edit9829500

https://www.swtor.com/community/show...80#edit9828380

There was communication and if you missed it then your problem not the devs, unless you think you are special enough to get a specific email telling you what was going on since you can't be bothered to check out the devs section or the test server.

YO ! ( neither link worked just now) Just FYI. … ( Error message 404 … page not found. )

And yes … the dev team told us ..

I do respectfully wish to clarify one word that is used frequently …" communication" .

One of the reasons I've backed off here lately ( a lot in fact ) … no one seems to want to listen that much.

Personally … I'm cool with what is going on in game. Yes there are some more issues to address and bugs to squash but IMO .. another thread for another time !

OH ! and yes Cassi … you are correct. It's not up to the team to send us each an email to notify each player of the changes that are being made.

Edited by OlBuzzard

YO ! ( neither link worked just now) Just FYI. … ( Error message 404 … page not found. )

And yes … the dev team told us ..

I do respectfully wish to clarify one word that is used frequently …" communication" .

One of the reasons I've backed off here lately ( a lot in fact ) … no one seems to want to listen that much.

Personally … I'm cool with what is going on in game. Yes there are some more issues to address and bugs to squash but IMO .. another thread for another time !

OH ! and yes Cassi … you are correct. It's not up to the team to send us each an email to notify each player of the changes that are being made.

That's strange, I used those links on the positive thread and it worked but not here. Oh I know why this is not a positive thread lol.

Let's try them again

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9829500#edit9829500

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9828380#edit9828380

I'm not sure how you welcome somebody soloing missions

I'm not surprised :rolleyes:

On a different note, you can bring a donkey to water, but you can't make it drink..

is it then ethical to kill it, to stop it suffering from dehydration and dying painfully,

and what's the best way to cook it.

Just asking....for a friend :i_angel::rod_angel_g: