blizzard is doing it

Exzidus

ps...Double XP includes XP, Valor, GSF, and Renown. It does not include Conquest points.

As a man who’s main kind of gameplay is GSF- This sounds great! But how exactly will that work? Double ship and fleet requisitions?

I know it’s a weird request, but is there any chance that this double XP event could involve a tweak to warzones and GSF to offer double kills or matches played? That way, during the four weeks, players could make substantial progress toward some rare achievements. Like warzone warriors could use double kills to progress toward the ”Manhunter” title, and us GSF pilots could get closer to the 1,000-matches-played “Fleet Admiral” title.

Just pitching an idea that would make a month of double XP even better. Hoping everyone at BioWare stays healthy.

Edited by Anysao

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a man who’s main kind of gameplay is GSF- This sounds great! But how exactly will that work? Double ship and fleet requisitions?

I know it’s a weird request, but is there any chance that this double XP event could involve a tweak to warzones and GSF to offer double kills or matches played? That way, during the four weeks, players could make substantial progress toward some rare achievements. Like warzone warriors could use double kills to progress toward the ”Manhunter” title, and us GSF pilots could get closer to the 1,000-matches-played “Fleet Admiral” title.

Just pitching an idea that would make a month of double XP even better. Hoping everyone at BioWare stays healthy.

Historically it's just double requisition from the matches only. It has not doubled requisition from daily/weekly/legacy-bound grants. It hasn't affected Fleet Commendations awarded from the Daily/Weekly, either, although I wish it did (just as I wish it doubled all tech fragment rewards including from deconstruction.) Its never doubled medals or matches counted towards achievements/the weekly, and I would NOT support that for GSF or ground ... I believe you should still have to do the work.

Good thing he went on vacation when he did that was a blessing in disguise... I hope BW is practicing social distancing and letting people work from home or stay home now whatever they can do to make it safer for the employees.

Double XP or not, it's not important but there's nothing wrong with doing it, that's for sure even if Blizzard is doing it. :rolleyes:

Several of my friends / collogues are now setting up shop in their home. One in particular is a project engineer / mgr. for a major corporation. He just spent the weekend getting set up and is now working at home.

I believe that this will all pass … but in the mean time we should ALL take the precautions that are being suggested by those in the health industry.

Hey all,

There’s some good discussion here that I wanted to weigh in on. Double XP was something we were planning to bring back for May the 4th.

We discussed offering it sooner, but with everyone having to work-from-home, we needed to spend the time getting the Dev Team set up to work remotely. So, instead of providing you with one week, we’ll be extending Double XP to around four weeks, starting with Game Update 6.1.1 currently scheduled to be available on 14-Apr-2020. The planned end date for Double XP is 12-May-2020.

With all that’s going on these days, the dates could change, but we’ll keep you apprised. But, if it does, we’ll continue to offer the 4-weeks of Double XP (I figured someone was going to ask).

We sincerely hope you are all staying healthy. See you in-game soon.

---Keith

ps...Double XP includes XP, Valor, GSF, and Renown. It does not include Conquest points.

A couple of days ago I was a naysayer for DXP, HOWEVER someone mentioned in another thread that there's a 999 renown achievement which I didn't know, so now I've done a u-turn. So long as locked-down-Britain doesn't crash the internet (we got Disney+ same day as the lockdown) I'll be loving the DXP purely for renown :D

It takes an actual game update to adjust in-game schedules, which is why we're coordinating it with the release of the next patch. We would have liked to provide it earlier, but having to get all the development environment set up in a collaborative way has taken a bit of a focused effort. The soonest we can make the adjustment for Double XP is with Game Update 6.1.1.

-Keith--

Yet, you could release a game update just to nerf the trash before the 1st boss in KP.

Twice.

Hey all,

There’s some good discussion here that I wanted to weigh in on. Double XP was something we were planning to bring back for May the 4th.

We discussed offering it sooner, but with everyone having to work-from-home, we needed to spend the time getting the Dev Team set up to work remotely. So, instead of providing you with one week, we’ll be extending Double XP to around four weeks, starting with Game Update 6.1.1 currently scheduled to be available on 14-Apr-2020. The planned end date for Double XP is 12-May-2020.

With all that’s going on these days, the dates could change, but we’ll keep you apprised. But, if it does, we’ll continue to offer the 4-weeks of Double XP (I figured someone was going to ask).

We sincerely hope you are all staying healthy. See you in-game soon.

---Keith

Thanks Kieth.

You and the team take care and look after yourselves first.

Thanks Kieth.

You and the team take care and look after yourselves first.

WB Trixx

Hope you are well also !

Where I live here in the states … the local city govt. issued a "Stay at home emergency order". A significant part of the city is shut down for the next 30 days.

Nothing to panic over... just need to listen and pay attention to the right precautions.

AND YES...

Take care of the team .. and their families !

Yet, you could release a game update just to nerf the trash before the 1st boss in KP.

Twice.

Well, to be fair they probably have allotted time frames for fixing an update if they have trouble with it.

They also preplan ahead of time when they are adding an update, so this nerf to KP farming probably was in the works months ago.

Good news! Thank you devs!

I am a toon hopper. It's not very often I stick on one character for an extended period of time. I like to have a bunch in the stable and now I will be able to finish up some that have been stuck at lvl 55 for quite some time on SF and work on my SS crew.

The double Valor will be nice also. I have 3 toons in the 90 somethings for valor. I am going to try to take advantage of this to finish them up.

Thanks again!

Edit: Maybe then I will finally update my sig.....:D

Edited by Nickodemous

Twice.

Is it so hard just to say thank you? Geez, they going to add that for a month and still people complain. They could have just waited until May 4 and did it as they had originally planned.

Edited by casirabit

Is it so hard just to say thank you? Geez, they going to add that for a month and still people complain. They could have just waited until May 4 and did it as they had originally planned.

tell me about it !!

Seems like there was something about telling a bunch of young whipper snappers to keep off the lawn … ( something like that )

I forget some of the details !

Must be having another senior moment !

:D

Edited by OlBuzzard

tell me about it !!

Seems like there was something about telling a bunch of young whipper snappers to keep off the lawn … ( something like that )

I forget some of the details !

Must be having another senior moment !

Well they better be inside right now. lol

Good news! Thank you devs!

[/snip - snip]

Edit: Maybe then I will finally update my sig.....:D

I wish we could do photoshopped sigs at the bottom and upload …

NOT big ones or with animation …

Yeah .. I have a couple that are kind of fun !

They also did panda's that killed the game for me.

Maybe you want them too cos Blizzard are doing it.....

OH no !!

Please no !!

NO Pandas !!!

I draw the line at Pandas !!

They have drunken Dwarfs for companions … we got Niko :rolleyes: (ugh) THAT was enough !!

Next thing you know we'll have Tinker Bell in a tutu !!

:eek::eek::eek:

Next thing you know we'll have Tinker Bell in a tutu !!

:eek::eek::eek:

Personally I'd love to have Tinkerbell in a tutu as a SWTOR companion, that would rock! Especially if we got to take her tutu off and use it on our player character's outfits! :p

I always used to love to take old companion armors off and wear them on my player character, until they nerfed the ability we had of dying the SLOT space which let us come up with some really crazy color/armor piece combinations because they were not commonly seen or done.

I think some people didn't even realize how we could manipulate the color scheme on pieces of armor during earlier times, but alas that was changed, so no more dye fun.

With so many people stuck at home, there's plenty of time to play and not need 2x xp. What they SHOULD do, is 2x xp after this whole mess is over so "essential" workers don't have to feel like they are missing out on anything.

With so many people stuck at home, there's plenty of time to play and not need 2x xp. What they SHOULD do, is 2x xp after this whole mess is over so "essential" workers don't have to feel like they are missing out on anything.

Good thought. Those brave (or not) essential workers are going to need some serious R&R after this is over. 👍

Personally I'd love to have Tinkerbell in a tutu as a SWTOR companion, that would rock! Especially if we got to take her tutu off and use it on our player character's outfits! :p

I always used to love to take old companion armors off and wear them on my player character, until they nerfed the ability we had of dying the SLOT space which let us come up with some really crazy color/armor piece combinations because they were not commonly seen or done.

I think some people didn't even realize how we could manipulate the color scheme on pieces of armor during earlier times, but alas that was changed, so no more dye fun.

[/facepalm]

never mind !!

I so would put Skadge in a tutu!

I still miss being able to dye in the outfit stamps :( I get grumpy every time I see NPC wearing that low level armor in nice colors. Whoever has been doing outfits for NPCs since 4.0 has been doing a great job, but it highlights how much more freedom the devs. have than we do. They get to remove all of the extra bits and bobs we are stuck with and they get to dye everything however they like.