The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware should do a double XP event so people in isolation have something to do.

BunsterByne

Just regular paper normally but online just drop in the drop box.

That's really funny !! I remember it was required to use a very expensive high grade paper (I forget the rag content % ) No onion skin allowed … For the finished product:

** no correction fluid or correction tape used

** no over strikes

** very strict formats usually required

** and for thesis: they really cracked down !! Absolutely formal dissertation format only. (Otherwise you received your paper back unread/graded to be redone … then an automatic full down grade one letter …. once it was accepted !!

(yeah … all kinds of fun !)

Needless to say I am VERY grateful for the use of computers today:

** spell check

** set / save format

** write / rewrite edit … etc THEN print on whatever paper you put into the tray!! (the computer does all of the hard work) !!

And you sound busier than me lol

Who me ???

Nah !! I retired now !!

:D

(at least that's what I keep telling myself !!)

;)

Edited by OlBuzzard

You want a CM sale during a massively failing economy, when people are being laid off work by the thousands and are worried about how they're going to pay their bills? Sorry, but I had to LOL at that. This is the WORST time to be doing a big sale, and Bioware (hopefully) has the sense to realize that. People aren't going to be dropping $$$hundreds on thong armors and decors when they don't know when or if they'll get another paycheck.

If BW wants to make bank they'd wait for a big sale after all this virus garbage stabilizes.

Not everyone has to pay for CC. Some of us have a bunch sitting there. But some people also have funds they can use to buy them. Remember, not everyone is in the same finical situation, even if they are off work.

Having the sale would be a good gesture from Bioware to give people some new things they can do that might provide a little bit of joy or take their minds off things. I’m currently in isolation due to being ill and I know when I’m able to get out of bed, a sale would lift my mood.

Another positive thing is when a sale is on, those with excess CC and those that can buy CC will buy more stuff off the CM and list it on the GTN. Which usually means GTN prices drop as well. That means players without CC can still participate in buying the same items too.

The HK-55 chapter on the CM could easily be discounted by 50%. This would give players some extra content to do if they’ve never done it.

I’m not sure if it can be purchased and posted on the GTN, but if it can, that would give returning players or CC poor players an option to play it as well.

I think Bioware should do anything they can to make players feel better and take their mind off things.

Double XP and a 50% sale on ALL CM items and legacy gear unlocks and server transfers are a drop in the ocean for Bioware and would be a kind gesture in this stressful and I dare say, scary situation.

If the system could handle it, I would suggest they put all special events (including the Night Life one) on at the same time for the next 6 weeks as well as making conquest a galaxy war each week until this situation subsides.

Definitely reds heads :cool:

There was a Simpson episode where Willie the groundskeeper... I think he got hurt or something, I just remember he ended up lying on the ground on his back, and this Scottish redhead lass was standing over him... hair blowing in the wind, sun shining behind her, angle music playing... like it was a goddess come down to save him. I was trying to find a clip of that on youtube or something, but no luck. :(:D

“I may not be posting much after today. I’m coming down sick (flu like) and not sure yet if it’s Cov-19. I’ve isolated myself away from my family. Fingers crossed it’s not”

Oh no! Fingers crossed that either its just normal flu, or you fight it off and get over it quick!

“I may not be posting much after today. I’m coming down sick (flu like) and not sure yet if it’s Cov-19. I’ve isolated myself away from my family. Fingers crossed it’s not”

May God bless you, and keep you safe. You're one of the best and most shrewd of the regular posters on these forums, and I do sincerely wish you well.

The last time people were looking for a double xp event, Eric (i think) said it was impossible to just stick it in to the schedule, it has to be programmed in advance. So alothough we might not get it now, hopefully they can implement it as soon as possible.

As for the CM sales, I think most people would be greatful for that, Iknow personally I save up my cc's for the sales (both CM & unlocks) so I'd definately like to see that.

TrixxieTriss, hope don't have the cov 19, and that whatever it is, you recover from it quickly. Same for anyone out there who's sick (any sickness at that) Sending out positive vibes, prayers, feelings, & wishes. May we all get well/stay well.

I agree with lots of things people write in this thread, lol. Some even opposing viewpoints, I see both sides have reasonable points.

I guess I am neutral to them adding bonus XP honestly it makes no difference to me.

The game provides some escapism and that's what gaming is mostly about so I log in whether there is a sale or not, whether XP is bonus or not and I am fine either way.

Actually if they want to make customers happy, I'd like to see them make improvements to the game, balance classes, make PVP great again. That would be the best gift, evar! :rolleyes:

OK young whipper snapper …

Don't just sit there !!!

Get better !!

You got that !!

:D

Hey … hope to see ya back here soon !

Get well soon !

;)

Someone correct me if I'm dead wrong about this, but the amount of content available to do is the same regardless of the xp rate.

You're right. However, some people will only level a character (new or existing) during a double xp event. Many people don't like the story content and will run certain heroics (whichever one they've worked out gives the most xp per massive group), flashpoints, ops and other group content during the event to level a character quickly to 75. As a player who's in it for the story double xp makes no different to me and double renown is useless. I did, however, make use of the old double cxp because after all the tweaks they made it actually became a decent system (yet they abandoned it for the RNG system we have now).

Stay safe and get well. If it is Covid-19 best you have the mild version although better if it isn't Covid-19 at all.

Its hard to 'social distance' when you are in the same house. In the meantime know you are missed if you have to be absent. The stay safe wishes are also for your wife etc.