The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

STOP buffing lightning sorc dps

omaan

https://gyazo.com/9b3e713cc2c79852edf0edaaf45e902b

No way, in ranked lightning sorc is already THE STRONGEST range dps since it is much tankier than sniper and has more sustained damage. NO other range class can't overcome lightning sorc now yet you buff their dps AGAIN after all buffs you have it. STOP making class balance even more unbalanced than we have now !

No way, in ranked lightning sorc is already THE STRONGEST range dps since it is much tankier than sniper and has more sustained damage. NO other range class can't overcome lightning sorc now yet you buff their dps AGAIN after all buffs you have it. STOP making class balance even more unbalanced than we have now !

They just gutted the gathering storm setbonus in these changes, I really don't see why lightning is as issue right now when AP powertech is literally so broken.

They just gutted the gathering storm setbonus in these changes, I really don't see why lightning is as issue right now when AP powertech is literally so broken.

iam talking about range classes. and ap pt can be killed fast at least while lt sorc is tanky as i said with all his dr and phase walks. For ranked both defensive and offensive skills are important and sorc is best damaging range class with best defenses among all range classes atm

iam talking about range classes. and ap pt can be killed fast at least while lt sorc is tanky as i said with all his dr and phase walks. For ranked both defensive and offensive skills are important and sorc is best damaging range class with best defenses among all range classes atm

Did you even read the nerfs to gathering storm? Even with the buffs they added, it's definitely still a net nerf to the class. Your complaints make no sense whatsoever.

To echo what others said, it's not a buff, they're just redistributing some of the damage from the set bonus to the DPS specs since they don't want healers using that set.

Also, the max 15% DR stacks don't last very long. From my own experience in PvP, it's hard to maintain them when you're kiting all the time. Maybe it's a bit easier with Eyrin's Haste, not sure if people actually use that one in PvP or not. Regardless, Lightning goes up to 29% DR with just the deionized debuff (though it can go up to 44% with the 3 stacks) while Merc goes up to 32% with Power Barrier. In terms of defensive cooldowns, sorc does have shorter cooldowns, but the damage reduction only lasts 6 seconds.

Also, the max 15% DR stacks don't last very long. From my own experience in PvP, it's hard to maintain them when you're kiting all the time.

Not really. But anyways they nerfed gathering storm so its fine.

Stop crying about TK/Lightning. Those classes have been nerfed SO MANY TIMES it's not even funny.

Dude, seriously, they are nerfing them already. What more do you want? They aren’t buffing them, so I’m not sure what your deal is this time?

Stop crying about TK/Lightning. Those classes have been nerfed SO MANY TIMES it's not even funny.

Exactly!!

It’s people like the OP that has cause them to be nerfed into the ground in the past. When ever they are competitive, people whine about it and scream for Nerfs because their class can’t get free kills anymore and they might have to L2P

Edited by TrixxieTriss

To be honest, ranked pvp community in this game is too small to sacrifice pve experience in favor of them. Sorcerers at last became a decent dps choice for high level pve content, like MM ops, and now pvp whiners make BW to return us back to the very bottom, so they again can easy-kill sorcerers/sages on their gunslingers/snipers, you name it.

This is simply not fair at all.

^^This, this and more this. The level of crying because we’re no longer the insta-kill-to-improve-your-epeen class is ridiculous. We’ve learned to survive due to nerf after nerf & people don’t like. We got a little bit of improved dps with gathering storm & now that’s being nerfed. Just **** off op :mad:

this thread alone shows how hypocrisy works, or maybe role playing* of intellectual disability. If you take into account such threads to change the game for thousand of casuals. It will be your loss of subs and CC buyers.

Well what do i know make the omaar happy delete the sage from game

this thread alone shows how hypocrisy works, or maybe role playing* of intellectual disability. If you take into account such threads to change the game for thousand of casuals. It will be your loss of subs and CC buyers.

Well what do i know make the omaar happy delete the sage from game

Absolutely.

If they roll these changes to live without significant rework, I'll be considering to quite this game. And I am far not alone.

As a min/maxed marksman sniper that’s been playing against sorcs since launch I can kill nearly any sorc in a straight-up fight even as they are now, sure they have decent dcds and heals but once you learn how to mitigate thundering blast (because every sorc plays lightning atm) and stun correctly they melt, I’d rather that they stayed as they are, no nerfs required.