Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

"Give them more time..."

Nomagon

Why are people saying "blah blah blah.... give them more time..."

In X amount of time if they still haven't gotten it right, not only did they get your time but also more of your money. Its all good if your having fun, more power to you, but come on, to those trying to counter the wild fire of criticism on these forums, please.... don't say, "just give them time". If your going to say that, don't forget to include money.

And if your going to say "blah blah blah... go back to wow..." Ok... /shrug. Who would have a problem going back to a better game ;p?

This game has been 10x better than wow was during it's first weeks.. You'd know that, if you didn't start playing it during wotlk. Also, it's been out for 13 days.... 13 Days, dude.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Also, I've encountered close to zero bugs, and me and my friends are all enjoying this game, together. If you think they'll NEVER fix anything, you're dead wrong. It doesn't take one magical day to fix everything and fill the game up with content, au contraire to what many of you seem to believe and demand. It naturally takes a while to sort out bugs and stabilize the game before they start implementing here and there.

That being said, I know alot will change during the next half year, but all WE can do is wait for it to happen. I'm confident BioWare will make this game even MORE amazing.

My two cents...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still love it when people think it's not a valid argument to say that WoW didn't have much at launch either. When it really is.

WoW has been in development for 10+ years. SWTOR has not. Expecting SWTOR to be more polished and have more content just because it's newer is beyond stupid.

Edited by Crossknive

Well if WoW wasn't more polished after 6+ years of the game being out compared to this game which has been out for 2 weeks something would be wrong.

Give it some time... See what i did thur?!

Still, some of the problems with SWTOR were ones that could've been corrected when development began but they chose not to.

It's like barricading yourself in a cave developing the latest/greatest computer, only to emerge seven years and discover that technology and expectations rose in the meantime.

I don't get it. Mature adults would pay a sub for a bap game in hopes that time & patches would cure said game bap-ness?

some of us don't see it as sub-par. for some of us - this IS a better game.

better in this context is entirely subjective and if you find something more to your liking, you really should go ahead and play it. that would be the intelligent thing to do.

I still love it when people think it's not a valid argument to say that WoW didn't have much at launch either. When it really is.

WoW has been in development for 10+ years. SWTOR has not. Expecting SWTOR to be more polished and have more content just because it's newer is beyond stupid.

So every new car manufacturer that pops up should start like this

you get my point....

you get my point....

Somebody doesn't understand video game development. :rolleyes:

Comparing the progression of cars since the first cars to video game development is another thing that is beyond stupid.

WoW has had 10+ years of updates and polishing, SWTOR has not, END OF *********** STORY.

Edited by Crossknive

Yeah, I don't see what being mature has to do with paying money to play a game that's riddled through with bugs. Seems more like immaturity to continuously defend a broken game because it's dressed up Star Wars clothes. WoW seems to be the whipping boy for all the Star Wars fanboys, but it's a much more solid game, and trash talk WoW while lauding SWTOR is ridiculous.

Really... thats your argument? really!!!

you wanna talk about bad launches fan boy . how bout we revisit WoW's catastrophe of a launch shall we.

1. horrendous Server ques on every single server

2. unbearable game breaking glitches and bugs

3. constant server down times multiple times a day for hours

4. Servers being brought down for 14 hours at a time

5.Terrible customer support, taking days to respond to anything" STILL THE CASE"

6.Constant server crashes through out months of launch

now let's compare this to SW's launch ok

1. Annoying quest "not as bad as wows tho"

2. some annoying flash point bugs where if you wipe you are rejected the chance of getting said boss loot

3. some minor graphical glitches

4.annoying ppl who think complain that the game is not SWG2 , an d complains bout the bugs and stuff and content that they want immediately and compares it to a 8 year old game... yeah i went there deal with it :jawa_evil:

Edited by bloodspray

you get my point....

If you're going to use WoW as the paradigm of game design you are measuring SWTOR against, then you should know that WoW was horrid at launch and you should be prepared to have that thrown back in your face.

you get my point...

yea just give them more time, maybe another 100+ million bucks so they can improve the game.

really guys?

with a high budget like this i except a good pve and decent pvp system at launch.

instead we have instanced 8vs8 grindtastic arenas, a pvp zone where you help your enemy to switch objectives (so you actually have a reward at all) and people call this endgame pvp.

You can't drill for oil in the gulf of mexico... so don't complain when someone else messes it up.

You can't be an effective leader of a country... so don't complain about any leaders of our country.

You can't cut your own hair... so don't complain if your barber accidentally shaves half your head.

You can't make an effective, cogent argument... so don't complain to those of us who can.

Best. Post. Ever.

yea just give them more time, maybe another 100+ million bucks so they can improve the game.

really guys?

with a high budget like this i except a good pve and decent pvp system at launch.

instead we have instanced 8vs8 grindtastic arenas, a pvp zone where you help your enemy to switch objectives (so you actually have a reward at all) and people call this endgame pvp.

cleary you have no idea how game development works.

really guys?

Erh, the PvE is epic.... The PvP is unlike anything I've ever played and I hugely enjoy it compared to every other standard pvp in mmo's. Don't speak on behalf of the entire community.

In X amount of time if they still haven't gotten it right, not only did they get your time but also more of your money. Its all good if your having fun, more power to you, but come on, to those trying to counter the wild fire of criticism on these forums, please.... don't say, "just give them time". If your going to say that, don't forget to include money.

And if your going to say "blah blah blah... go back to wow..." Ok... /shrug. Who would have a problem going back to a better game ;p?

Bye.

I canz haz ur stuffz?

Erh, the PvE is epic.... The PvP is unlike anything I've ever played and I hugely enjoy it compared to every other standard pvp in mmo's. Don't speak on behalf of the entire community.

good for you that you have low standards every company out there will love guys like you.

Somebody doesn't understand video game development. :rolleyes:

Comparing the progression of cars since the first cars to video game development is another thing that is beyond stupid.

WoW has had 10+ years of updates and polishing, SWTOR has not, END OF *********** STORY.

You're saying everyone who wants good content should wait for several years after release? Don't forget they had several years of development AND beta testing, did they listen to the feedback of most of the testers? No they didn't.

C'mon, you can't even customize the UI, that's one of the most basic things that should be available in every game.

If you're going to use WoW as the paradigm of game design you are measuring SWTOR against, then you should know that WoW was horrid at launch and you should be prepared to have that thrown back in your face.

you get my point...

Ah and because WoW was horrid BW/EA have the right to do the same ****?

Because having spent some time in game development and making nothing even remotely near the scale of this game...I can only imagine the insane effort and skill required to put this all together.

It's been live 9 days.

If you don't comprehend why patience would be required w/ a launch MMO you have serious First World Problems.....

Low standards? So basically you just don't know what an opinion is?

he likes the pvp in this game, i don't. go to the pvp section and you will see that a lot of people are unhappy with the system atm. guess he has just low standards or he is just trolling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.