Juggling or PT questions

ElevenBfour

Coming back after a long break. I want to roll one of these classes to tank with at end game but also be able to pvp on the side. Which of these classes has a better pvp dps spec? Which tree is considered the pvp tree for each of these classes?Never been a fan of playing a tank spec in pvp. I would consider rolling a mara or sent alt if the PT or Jugg are just horrible at pvp.

Thanks

Coming back after a long break. I want to roll one of these classes to tank with at end game but also be able to pvp on the side. Which of these classes has a better pvp dps spec? Which tree is considered the pvp tree for each of these classes?Never been a fan of playing a tank spec in pvp. I would consider rolling a mara or sent alt if the PT or Jugg are just horrible at pvp.

Thanks

LOL! im at the same problem too PT or jugg if dps is bad i could go to mara. hope someone comes with some info :D

Coming back after a long break.

Welcome back, it is a good time to come back now, as gearing is quite easy.

I want to roll one of these classes to tank with at end game but also be able to pvp on the side. Which of these classes has a better pvp dps spec? Which tree is considered the pvp tree for each of these classes?

I can not speak for Operations, but juggs are generally considered the better spec for tanking right now (PvP and PvE) and when the tactical Embrace the Pain comes into play, juggs will be even better. For PTs the tank class is called Shield Tech and for juggs it is Immortal. If you "only want to pvp on the side", then you are completely free to chose which ever class you consider most enjoyable. Only for ranked and operations would the class really matter.

Pyro PTs (DPS) are currently one of the highest DPS parsing classes and with considerable burst and I suspect it does wonderful in PvE. For PvP it will be focused hard and will "need" a healer / tank to really shine. Vengeance Juggs (DPS) don't need quite the same babysitting.

As a jugg main I am extremely biased, and I think you should try both, but I strongly perfer juggs :)

Right now PT is better for pvp environment.

P.s. its a pvp subforum, why people give advices about whats better for pve really confuses me.

Plus anything is viable in PvE. I've easily tanked MM FP as a dps.

You can also do ops with 4 people instead of 8. Or 8 instead of 16.

Right now PT is better for pvp environment.

P.s. its a pvp subforum, why people give advices about whats better for pve really confuses me.

In what possible pvp scenario are PTs better than juggs? Maybe group ranked cleave match? Or premade healer/tank regs?

In what possible pvp scenario are PTs better than juggs? Maybe group ranked cleave match? Or premade healer/tank regs?

Did you play solo ranked with jugg? It is by far worst class for solo ranked pyro pt can live longer and can do much more damage if it is melee heavy opponent they can do top dps even they died half of the game. Jugg might be decent if bw stops being **** and puts embrace the pain tactical and they hire some real developer that can actually fix warmonger bug than we can debate if jugg or pt is better. Right now for solo ranked jugg is worst. In group ranked they both have insane cleave and imo they both need a nerf to their cleave.

Did you play solo ranked with jugg? It is by far worst class for solo ranked pyro pt can live longer and can do much more damage if it is melee heavy opponent they can do top dps even they died half of the game. Jugg might be decent if bw stops being **** and puts embrace the pain tactical and they hire some real developer that can actually fix warmonger bug than we can debate if jugg or pt is better. Right now for solo ranked jugg is worst. In group ranked they both have insane cleave and imo they both need a nerf to their cleave.

Umm yes jugg is terrible in ranked atm., but the pts I see explode even faster. Sure they have impressive damage, but with no immunity they don't live long. I have run into exactly 1 dps PT that impressed me in a pure 4 dps match this season. There was another today that was also impressive, but that was a healer fight.

Thanks

Mara, PT, and Jugg are entirely different animals / playstyles in pvp. In regs you can roll whatever you want and have success. I'm pretty sure DPS Jugg / PT are still awful in ranked. At the moment Jugg and PT have the capacity to be more effective in large scale fights imo with their AOE damage output. I believe PT outstrips Vengeance Jugg though since they have an attack with the meteor brawler set that hits for 90-110k.

Pyrotech for PT, Vengeance / Rage for Jugg, and I believe Fury is the most popular Mara spec right now.

I'm a bit biased since Jugg has always been my favorite class. Just be prepared to have your tryhard pants on at all times if you want to survive in this burst meta as a dps Jugg. Regardless i'm digging 6.0 fights. Fun and frantic as of late in regs.

Edited by Dyne-

Well, since Juggs and PT's are out for me atm pvp wise, what melee class is doing okay? I really don't want to roll a Shadow or Assn since I have never liked playing them. Operative maybe? Are Mara's or Sents doing any better than Jugg's or PT's?

I'pll still roll a Jugg for Pve tanking, but will need another melee toon for pvp fun. yes, I will be doing ranked, or at least that will be the goal to achieve this month.

Well, since Juggs and PT's are out for me atm pvp wise, what melee class is doing okay? I really don't want to roll a Shadow or Assn since I have never liked playing them. Operative maybe? Are Mara's or Sents doing any better than Jugg's or PT's?

I'pll still roll a Jugg for Pve tanking, but will need another melee toon for pvp fun. yes, I will be doing ranked, or at least that will be the goal to achieve this month.

DPS Juggs are perfectly fine for regular PVP. In fact they are one of the most played classes and will often top DPS scores. I would stick with juggs for both tanking and dps if you only want to play normal warzone. But you want to mess with ranked, then go for fury mara and get the Defel Spliced Genes tactical. I dare say it makes maras every bit as OP as sins and opers right now, if not more so.

DPS Juggs are perfectly fine for regular PVP. In fact they are one of the most played classes and will often top DPS scores. I would stick with juggs for both tanking and dps if you only want to play normal warzone. But you want to mess with ranked, then go for fury mara and get the Defel Spliced Genes tactical. I dare say it makes maras every bit as OP as sins and opers right now, if not more so.

Awesome, thank you. When it comes to tanking and pve, I almost always just play whatever class I want unless a given guild or raid leader politely asks otherwise. But when it come to competitive goals, I want to play something that will work best with the playstyle I like.