Solo Regs

waltpagan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have been asking since the 1.0s

It's never going go happen, get over it and suck it up queuing solo. I do it all the time and I don't whine and complain like some other people. 🤷*♂️🤷*♂️

Or better yet, all the solo players could just stop queuing for a few weeks and we’ll see how that goes for everyone saying removing premades would kill the game?

Then they can do the same, premades stop queuing for a few weeks and see what the difference is.

My money is more people would play with no premades and the queues would die completely if solo players stopped queueing.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

So, let’s say...

I pick a group of 8 competitive team PvPers two 4 man groups. The 4 man groups play together often, but the two 4 man groups have never played together before. So the the two groups make a team of 8 for a WZ.

Now they’re facing 8 competitive solo PvPers.

So 8 competitive team PvPers (two 4 man teams that have played together as individual 4 man pre-mades, but the 2 4 mans have never met or seen each other play)

vs

8 solo competitive PvPers

Who wins?

For the sake of being on the same page, we’ll call competitive as they’re top 96 material on a given class without cheating or anything like that for their respective categories (solo/team).

Further clarification, neither team has voice chat, only in-game text chat.

Any map, doesn’t matter.

Who would you put your money on winning that match?

Now I think everyone would agree that the Team players would likely succeed because “the two groups have played together before and it’s essentially 2 pre-mades vs all solo queue folks. No doubt it would probably be a slaughter fest. Even if you take away voice chat and even with the solo queue team consisting of some of the best of the best solo queue players.

1. I think that says something about the power and fun of grouped play, how much more in sync you can be and how graceful PvP can be and how much more competitive it can be if you have two groups fighting one another. But I don’t think that’s really the debate here.

2. I think it shows the disparity of how a top player in solo isn’t going to be the same caliber as a top team player considering the top player from both categories one is facing a pre-made on the other side while the other is not. It’s just inherently more challenging and if you lose it’s not because you randomly got grouped poorly. It’s because you and your team messes up somewhere. Got out of position, didn’t CC correctly, didn’t taunt enough or guard swap fast enough, lost count of where everyone on the enemy team was, etc... Where as a solo loss could also be these things, but it’s harder to say...

Again, just my opinion, but could probably prove it if there would be people willing to (but they won’t, because team play is the devil because those team people just beat up on solo players...but you’re the best of the best solo player! Doesn’t matter! RAWR! Pre-mades are for no-lifers! ... sigh...) This has been ongoing since the earliest days of the game as was previously mentioned.

So, pre-mades suck and should go away. Roger that.

But...before we send them off...one last test if you don’t mind?

Let’s pull 8 competitive team players again, now, 1 team top 96 player from 8 separate teams, none of them have played together before. We put the against 8 competitive top 96 solo players again. Still no voice. Any WZ map, doesn’t matter.

Who wins? How much would you be willing to bet on your answer. And, would you be willing to test it out?

I know that was a lot of rambling...but I’m just a curious fellow. I’m always one to put up or shut up.

But me, I’d bet everything on the team top 96 players still demolishing the solo top 96 players by a decent margin based on my experiences with PvP in SWTOR which includes soloing regs (which I still do ;) ), pre-made regs (rarely do, at most a two man), solo ranked (lol, never did it that much but have done it when team ranked wasn’t popping), and team ranked (8v8 and 4v4). I’ve done it all, sans GSF.

Team play has by far and large been the most fun. I’d also wager anyone that says differently hasn’t really played with a solid group of players/friends. It really is the best unless you’re just trying to be a recluse in which case, again, why try to change the MMORPG culture to cater your solo player mindset?

It is MMO game and mmo games are based on cooperation. And you can't demand separate queue for solo and team players because it will led to longer queue time for both types of warzones and we all know devs won't accept it. PLayers already lost opportunity to queue team ranked due to devs incompetent desicions so where should groups go to play pvp? Ofc regs...where else?

Fix team ranked which is dead and i bet the number of farming premades will decline drastically in regs. People will make groups for team ranked and will be busy slaughtering each other there. Until then they will sit in regs just because there is nowhere to go.

It is MMO game and mmo games are based on cooperation. And you can't demand separate queue for solo and team players because it will led to longer queue time for both types of warzones and we all know devs won't accept it. PLayers already lost opportunity to queue team ranked due to devs incompetent desicions so where should groups go to play pvp? Ofc regs...where else?

Fix team ranked which is dead and i bet the number of farming premades will decline drastically in regs. People will make groups for team ranked and will be busy slaughtering each other there. Until then they will sit in regs just because there is nowhere to go.

Ditto

How much group ranked do you play?

I don't know if premades are an actual problem or not. It all seems to balance out over time. I solo que regs 90 percent of the time or more, and I think my w-l is right around 50-60 percent win 40-50 percent loss. Seems pretty on target overall. It's those matches where you get a premade that's stomping the other team but ignoring all objectives thus holding up the game so they can just number farm their way to achievements (I'm guessing?). Like a premade spawn camping yavin and not capping any turrets as an example. That's where the problem is. If it's objectives and your premade is clearly head and shoulders above the competition just win and end the match. I don't see this happen often though so I'd say these kinds of premades are the exception to the rule not the rule itself.

Out of curiosity, how would you fix team ranked to make it something people want to play? It just seems like stating "fix team ranked" is a bit...too generic a complaint? If players aren't forming their own groups to play how do you promote growth within group ranked? I don't really know how Bioware could do that from a structural stand point. Rewards seem ok with the stipulation that the daily and weekly quests seem of too high a requirement for completion. I don't know if just changing that would get group ranked flowing. Last time group ranked seemingly grew was when there were mat farming teams in there, and group ranked players HATED them.

Or better yet, all the solo players could just stop queuing for a few weeks and we’ll see how that goes for everyone saying removing premades would kill the game?

Then they can do the same, premades stop queuing for a few weeks and see what the difference is.

My money is more people would play with no premades and the queues would die completely if solo players stopped queueing.

You are correct Trixxie and the lack of separate queues that players have been asking for since launch is likely a part of why we've gone from 100ish populated servers to 2 low pop ones on the east coast. The devs are so arrogant that they would rather see this game driven into the ground instead of admit to their mistake and fix the problem. Most adults refuse to waste their time and money on an activity that isn't enjoyable.

From the perspective of a casual pvp player, who hasn't stepped foot in pvp since 6.0 dropped:

It's not the premade issue that's bad so much as the pretty much universal ignoring of objectives (by both solo players and premades) in favour of numberfarming that made me stop bothering with pvp.

I don't like arena's, I find them boring, and the 8v8s were largely treated as training grounds for arena's, instead of the objective-based games they were supposed to be.

The backfills were also very annoying. I dont' know if that's improved, but back in 5.0 I wound up backfilling in at least half of my pops. So to everyone saying just quit if you get matched against a premade: Thanks so much for making me waste my time filling in for you.

Forget splitting the que, give us an option to not backfill into a match that's already started. At the very least let us know it's a backfill before we zone in. For the fp que's they let you know it's a flashpoint in progress before you hit that 'accept' button.

Out of curiosity, how would you fix team ranked to make it something people want to play? It just seems like stating "fix team ranked" is a bit...too generic a complaint? If players aren't forming their own groups to play how do you promote growth within group ranked? I don't really know how Bioware could do that from a structural stand point. Rewards seem ok with the stipulation that the daily and weekly quests seem of too high a requirement for completion. I don't know if just changing that would get group ranked flowing. Last time group ranked seemingly grew was when there were mat farming teams in there, and group ranked players HATED them.

Mat farming was a core of team ranked. Reason it was alive. Team ranked players liked mat farming since thx to mat farming there always were pops. The only people who complained about mat farming was bunch of losers who thought that mat farming is a too easy way to play ranked, that mat farming kills "competition" since people play bad. These people never played team ranked and if they did they were destroyed due to lack of skill. So they turned into criers and whiners crying about mat farming. Look what we have now - ranked players making groups to reck regs, ruining objectives and farming kills while team ranked is full of bots and wintraders who queue in deep night and morning for easy wintrade. I hope those anti mat farmers are happy now.

Edited by omaan

Team ranked was for everyone... If you wanted mats, you qued for that, if you wanted to try hard, you could do that, if you wanted some good games, you could also do that. In the end everyone was a winner.

Now it's dead which is very sad. There zero reason to que team ranked now especially after the new... rating requirements. ;)

By it's nature PVP is competitive, I'm sorry if some peoples feelings are hurt when they get smashed in a WZ by a group, but grouping up is one way to catch a competitive advantage. When I'm looking to complete my daily's, don't want to have to play 6 matches to do it. If I can do it in 3 with a couple teammates and be almost certain of wins... then I'm going to do it.

I don't get peoples whining on it... it's easy to get a group... go into a match, pay attention to people that are playing well, whisper them and ask to group up... FFS it's an MMO, learn how to make friends.

I personally think this full thread is ridiculous.

"Solo Regs" lmao get a grip.

What you're basically saying here is:

"People who made a lineup of pvpers and queue as a group destroyed me in a warzone....>"

That's exactly how its supposed to happen.

"....so I'm so over it and want a new type of queue that excludes them from my games."

Yeah, no bother pal. *nuzzles kleenex*

First of all, this happening is how pvp guilds form.

Go and seek one out on your server, and join it.... problem solved. Just queue in groups when people are online, and play other content in-between.

Second of all, don't be such a sore loser.

Leave the WZ or do what I do and Kamikaze them from spawn till you get one.

This thread is a joke.

Edited by sdom

"People who made a lineup of pvpers and queue as a group destroyed me in a warzone....>"

"....so I'm so over it and want a new type of queue that excludes them from my games."

Go and seek one out on your server, and join it.... problem solved. Just queue in groups when people are online, and play other content in-between.

This thread is a joke.

You sound personally attacked, wanna talk about it bud?

This thread is a joke.

What you are basically saying here is:

"Don't take away my ability to queue up and play with a stacked team of competitive players vs pugs"

Really pathetic if you think about it, you are basically saying that you cannot handle REGS unless you queue up with a team of people that solely help you farm lesser prepped players.

Not completely knocking what you are saying, I get that its fun to feel super powered when you literally have 0 competition, but you sound like you're trying to be a real Chad instead of someone that would like to see a positive change that would help make pvp more fun for everyone.

Again I'm just saying they should add the option, not take away regs as we know it. If people want to continue to queue solo vs stacked competitive teams then more power to them.

What you are basically saying here is:

"Don't take away my ability to queue up and play with a stacked team of competitive players vs pugs"

Really pathetic if you think about it, you are basically saying that you cannot handle REGS unless you queue up with a team of people that solely help you farm lesser prepped players.

Not completely knocking what you are saying, I get that its fun to feel super powered when you literally have 0 competition, but you sound like you're trying to be a real Chad instead of someone that would like to see a positive change that would help make pvp more fun for everyone.

Again I'm just saying they should add the option, not take away regs as we know it. If people want to continue to queue solo vs stacked competitive teams then more power to them.

I used to look down on it too and it was stupid it comes from being a solo player.

Nothing wrong with playing with friends its an MMO.

Also, its not quite like you group and instantly become invincible.

You're better co-ordinated and objectives are also fun.

Its still just as much of a challenge.

What you guys are arguing about revolves around the idea of how much responsibility should be placed in individual player agency.

If you're queing solo in whatever pvp mode you choose to, you should know what "level" of skill is required to play it. And I don't say that to be a jerk. I say it because I think it's important for players to build their skill set and progress through different levels of content.

Take ranked pvp for instance: if you don't really know your class well you shouldn't que up for ranked until you think you're at a level that will make you competitive. If you're not up to that level and you see the comment "stick to regs" or "practice in regs" while it may be blunt and offensive to hear, it's not a bad thing. Once you know how to practice you can actually test yourself in situations that give you problems and then you grow your skill. There's no shame in not being platinum in one match.

In Regs: If you need voice to know what's going on in the match then that's a problem. Focus on reading your map, seeing the battles unfold in front of you (meaning stop focusing on your ability bars. Look up!). Focus on different positions. Focus on trying to kite. Put yourself in a 2v1. Seek out the classes that you can't beat immediately. If you win the match awesome! If you lose, so what there's another match right around the corner! And what's interesting in this is that sure premades do happen. When you're against a premade make it your goal to be that one player that they HAVE to all hit because you're dangerous. Be that opponent. Have pride in being that opponent. Not all of your matches will be against premades. And, to be honest the better you get your own skill, the more you will oddly win. You'll start seeing that you need to play less and less matches to complete your weekly.

So the question I don't think is premades are a problem and we need a totally separate que. I think the question really should be centered on player agency. How much should the game expect from the player? Is it too low? Is it too high?

I don't think people truly understand the problem here. Seems like most people misunderstand being a solo pvper.

As a player who queues mostly solo for pvp, I dont get this "it's a mmo" argument. When I queue and enter a warzone, I am ready to play with others, and work together in that team of 8 players. It's not about playing solo or expecting a single player experience.

It's like most of you premaders think people who queue solo dont want to play with anyone. In fact the opposite is true. If someone clicks that queue button then they are setting themselves to be put with 7 other random people. Key word being random. I accept who can end up with bad players but so can the other team and that's fine.

But what I think is ******** is that 4 people can group up and join the same queue and stack it their favour so much. So they have ensured 4/8 of their team are who they want them to be. Which them imbalances teams that are formed. When I do actually group up and queue I want and expect to be put against another group. Not 8 individual players.

Balanced teams should be more of a priority in pvp Imo. And if it had been from the start perhaps the pvp population would be healthier now.

They should have implemented separate queues from launch. But now with the population we currently have... pvp will continue to dwindle.

That was a good post. I also wanted to add most people who join with a group of four also don't do objectives or do them when it's close or they are chasing the seals, they are simply there to farm kills. This also puts the opposite team at a major disadvantage, some are being farmed others are trying to take objectives and others are just waiting for the round to end or leave.

If random teams would enter the map with one objective and that is to farm, then this would even it out some. So maybe what we need is a few maps where it's just killing one another. (kind of like that one hutball map)