No Double EXP Event for the Holidays?

Ylliarus

it happened before the expac drop to get more players, especially new players up to 70 to try the new content. They've done it for most of the recent expacs. As for a DXP event now, I think musco said they weren't doing it because it had to be added in to the code before hand, and with the new *updates* they didn't want to mess with the code. Or something like that...lol.

Haha perhaps.

They've had almost two months to take care of that issue, so, in-between the lines, I see that's it's all about extending the gear grind as some have pointed out.

There's also the question of, how long do they think that new or returning players will stay? After-all, this expansion simply trades one massive gear grind for another, all-be-it, a slightly more alt friendly grind. Same thing + Same way = Same result.

Edited by ZeroTypeR

It is a pity that we won't be getting a double EXP event for the holidays. I get that we had one not too long ago and for an extended period of time, but is it really that big of a deal to have the event run more frequently? I mean, we're getting the Bounty, Rakghoul, Gree and Dantooine events over and over again, relatively shortly one after the other. Would it be such a problem if we had the double EXP event come around more often? I just don't see the issue with that.

No double xp on the holidays? Seriously? Guess I'm canceling my subscription until there's a double xp event, sigh.

I wouldn't cancel my subscription just over the fact there is no Double EXP event. Especially if you think it will prompt them to put in one, that won't happen. I strongly recommend you don't cancel your sub over something as small as this :p

it would be nice to get a short one from now till Christmas especially seeing loads of new people in the game. I missed the pre-Onslaught one but, not saying that for just me though the game is crazy busy a bonus exp event would be a Boon to say the least! :D

• 3 weeks later...
really then why was there double xp event for each expansion before this one huh there was one for shadow of revan hutt cartell kotfe and kotet so what u say is false bioware is just fn lazy and has lost alot of devs cause of what happend with mass effect dandromeda and anthem...

really then why was there double xp event for each expansion before this one huh there was one for shadow of revan hutt cartell kotfe and kotet so what u say is false bioware is just fn lazy and has lost alot of devs cause of what happend with mass effect dandromeda and anthem...

There was a full month of double xp event in preparation for Onslaught, the longest running event since the game has been released. If you missed it, too bad.

There was a full month of double xp event in preparation for Onslaught, the longest running event since the game has been released. If you missed it, too bad.

um noo the longest running double xp event was for shadow of reven lasted 2-3 months do your research before u open ur mouth iuve played since launch so i know a bit more than u do...

um noo the longest running double xp event was for shadow of reven lasted 2-3 months do your research before u open ur mouth iuve played since launch so i know a bit more than u do...

Um no, you are referring to the epic story boost event that ran for Shadow of Revan and again for Knights of the Fallen Empire. It was not a 2-3 month double xp event for everyone and everything you did that earned you xp, but applied only to class story missions and later on to story missions from Rise of the Hutt Cartel by a factor of 12 if you were a subscriber and pre-ordered the expansions, which is quite different.

By the way, I have been playing the game since launch too.

Edited by Phazonfreak

What's the point of a double XP event? Leveling is really easy.

I'm not being facetious, genuinely asking.

the leveling of alts.... although they've largely ruined that by nerfing the main areas for that.

and before you ask why people should care about alts, please remember that are bonuses and achievements only gained by leveling every class... no matter how much you hate it's playstyle or story. Also many event currencies are severely gated, and the only way to obtain many rewards from them without taking YEARS is to have multiple characters farming them.