5 Hour Slicing Results

WakeZero

Also BioChem requires a lot of money with zero return-profits...and then these disgraces want BioWare to remove incentive purples from BioChem (which btw if you all even had it like my friend does...REQUIRES A RARE). Not only this, but also because these people want their cake (profit) and eat it too (want the best items)....that was never crafting's intention. These are clearly wizards and orcs players from WoW

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I concur. Crafting is something you work at, you invest in, then you churn out a revenue to begin paying for what you put in.

If everyone could produce a purple blaster of newb slaying +3 then no one would market them, or they would go for abysmal prices.

There are many aspects of this game that are complained about because of what this generation of commercially grown so called gamers have been raised on that any real problems get lost in translation with all the Q.Q

But then, I play on an rp server and appreciate a good story, and cringe every time I see character named something resembling some Yahoo chat screen name.

Edited by Rudest

These people are an insult to actual MMO players that make decent money. They cry for more....and yea I'm a splicer. One of the very rare ones not crying like a sad sack of baby tears

splicer/splicing still isn't a crew skill... someone shut you down on another post so u came here.... you still haven't displayed the ability to show coherent thoughts

Bye OP! You will not be missed, nerfs are attempts to balance, it will be buffd, and nerfd, and buffd, and nerfd many times. Until! It is where it should be.

I was one person out of 20 who did not have Splicing. When have 99% of people want something, its not balanced!

Bye OP! You will not be missed, nerfs are attempts to balance, it will be buffd, and nerfd, and buffd, and nerfd many times. Until! It is where it should be.

I was one person out of 20 who did not have Splicing. When have 99% of people want something, its not balanced!

Again this shows the I.Q of the average person against the pre-nerf slicing. If you don't know what your talking about by all means feel free to keep quiet.

If you really believe that this nerf was the result of forum QQ, versus all the hard data BioWare is able to access...then I don't think you'll ever be happy with anything anyone says about the nerf.

Slicing as a mission skill is still profitable..do some missions lose money? Sure, some are total failures and return zero credit, some lose a couple hundred credits. The minor losses are easily offset by gathering one or two lockboxes in the world. The larger losses are offset by selling a schematic or mission discovery, plus the occasional crit with a big profit.

I've tracked every slicing mission I've ran post nerf (not the world lockboxes though), the least I've made over a day has been 6k. Obviously, if I have time to play more and keep my companions out on missions, I make more.

I didn't track my missions pre-nerf, so I can't directly compare hard numbers...but I'm still making money. Keep in mind the Devs said pre launch that mission skills for gathering would not be as efficient as doing it yourself via farming, and right now, that seems to hold true for slicing.

So if this was true - then BioWare knew that they were rendering missions almost entirely useless? Then why don't they hit everyone else the same? So it is all "in line"?

If this was true - Why haven't they mustered the courage to tell us "Nope, this is how we do it" and end all of the problems?

You don't know, you aren't BioWare, you don't know if they did do their homework.

They had all of beta and all of pre-release to address this issue, and they instead chose to destroy half of what made slicing what it was a week after launch with ZERO communication.

Please tell me you don't think this is how a good company does business?

These people are an insult to actual MMO players that make decent money. They cry for more....and yea I'm a splicer.

You are also being willfully ignorant to the bigger picture. You see big numbers and cry nerfs.

Thank god you haven't seen the returns on level 50 space missions or you'd cry nerfs there too.

sooo i went out to farm a bit and made about 600k in 6 hours of just flying around and looking at my mini map, all thanks to slicing ... lol at ppl, but the knee jerk nerf was pretty bad

Yes, I'm sure you did.

By the way, I walked outside to get the mail and found a suitcase with 4 million dollars. Just goes to show what happens when you make things sound too easy.

OP: dunno what you are doing wrong, but I routinely average WAY more than 10k over 5 hrs. I'd guess I profit ~500-2000c per box, couple companions....yea WAY more.

Yet all of the gathered data shows this is not the case.

Care to back it up or back down?

Again this shows the I.Q of the average person against the pre-nerf slicing. If you don't know what your talking about by all means feel free to keep quiet.

Really... i did not know that a persons I.Q could be measured by a gathering skill in a game called SWTOR.... actually a nerfing of this. Well...the smart ppl teach me something new every day.

Really... i did not know that a persons I.Q could be measured by a gathering skill in a game called SWTOR.... actually a nerfing of this. Well...the smart ppl teach me something new every day.

It is the blatant lack of critical thinking that tips us off, but you'd have to be 'smart' to understand that I suppose?

400 slicer here:

I can feel the guys pain. Running missions now either looses money or at best barely breaks more then even. At 50 you can easily do a single daily which would give you way more cash then hours of slicing.

Personally I moved to Underworld trading for cash. I can buy missions for 10k for (340) and sell the stuff I get for 40k+, though the bottom is kinda dropping out of that too as the market gets flooded. Over all I would say that my main issue is that other then orange gear for looks and bio's stuff most crafting just sucks. The crafted gear sucks compared to most questing gear or sloted orange gear, and all of them are essentially money sinks, and will be more so as server population matures.

Anyway Slicing has been made useless unless you enjoy running around Illium looking for lock boxes. Nothing to quit the game over, but it is kinda ******. Course putting a trade skill in the game that just gives you money is an obvious economy ruiner right there but hey, I am not a developer.

2c

Slicing is still good... remember this it's a gathering skill. and you shouldnt be able to make that much money doing nothing but sending them on missions. the nerf balanced it well.

think of it this way:

after 5 hours you earned 10k credits? in 5hours you would have gotten a decent amount of 'crits' Schematics mission unlocks to add it up! And furthermore combining the 5 hours, with gathering lockboxes in out in the world, you will find quickly that slicing is the best money making tool.

Getting a fixed amount of credits. farming out in the world? thats the best thing you could ask for, nothing about relying on the Global Trade Network. and furthermore 1 endgame lockbox will prolly be worth more than 1 endgame gathering note. but the key here is "fixed amount of credits, no GTN" you will be able to safely estimate what you will get out of it, at all times!

slicing is great.

Anyway Slicing has been made useless unless you enjoy running around Illium looking for lock boxes. Nothing to quit the game over, but it is kinda ******. Course putting a trade skill in the game that just gives you money is an obvious economy ruiner right there but hey, I am not a developer.

its not an economy ruiner, its simply a way for people who dont like the GTN to still make money, and i dont see how making you gather with your gathering skills is ******.

i have 6 characters, none above level 35 yet, 5 were and probably are still going to be supported by a level 24 toon i slice with... give a mission, log on a character, switch back, do a mission, log back on my other one, when im playing other games/doing wokr or just chilling at home i turn the graphic son this to nothing and do slicing missions while tapping a key every 15 minutes to not afk, zero effort millions upon millions of credits.

a single character in their mid 20s doing slicing missions constantly has more than supported 5 characters including every trade skill and is sitting on over a million credits still... i am utterly unsurprised at the nerf, and expected it.

So if this was true - then BioWare knew that they were rendering missions almost entirely useless? Then why don't they hit everyone else the same? So it is all "in line"?

If this was true - Why haven't they mustered the courage to tell us "Nope, this is how we do it" and end all of the problems?

You don't know, you aren't BioWare, you don't know if they did do their homework.

They had all of beta and all of pre-release to address this issue, and they instead chose to destroy half of what made slicing what it was a week after launch with ZERO communication.

Please tell me you don't think this is how a good company does business?

The issue was addressed during Beta, slicing was nerfed at least once while I was in beta. Obviously, the additional data provided by having a player base several orders of magnitude larger showed additional tweaking was still needed.

And yes, I think addressing problems in their product is exactly how a good company does business.

It is the blatant lack of critical thinking that tips us off, but you'd have to be 'smart' to understand that I suppose?

Hey. Ease off on the big words.

Do you have any pictures that might help us understand what you're saying?

Nobody cares about your whine.It`s OP crew skill, people made millions while it works, others like me waste credits on missions, even treasure hunting don`t make any profit, actually if count galactic market prices, other skills work with -30% "profit".So please go back to world of pandcraft or something.

Was slicing op before? Most assuredly. Now it's crap. Considering you completely sacrifice your ability to farm your own blue and purple mats and are completely dependent on the market to provide you with the mats you need to craft decent recipes it should be doing much more than it is. Losing money when you're at the 400 skill level is ridiculous. Don't even mention the mission or schematic drops, they don't sell for anything on my server. I end up vendoring them for minimal cash because they sit on the market for days with no takers.

Bw went way overboard on this nerf. All you calling the people who are complaining whiners, just wait till they hit something you enjoy about the game. I hope you receive the same vitriolic response.

As already stated in this thread earlier, no MMO is perfect from the get-go.

The fact that BW is acting so early in balancing the in-game economy is bound to make someone dissatisfied. They're not fooling anyone, the game has just launched. If OP wants to unsubscribe for the sole purpose of the nerf, then be that as it may. But that doesn't mean it's the end of it. Personally I feel like sticking to this game knowing it delivers outstandingly well compared to other MMO's starting out.

I won't judge this game for what it is yet, give it at least a year. Until then there are boundless depths to explore and enjoy in this game, rather than getting worked up over a single fluke. No?

That's my two cents anyway. Thank you.

IM very close to leaving too due to NO WaY to even make credits .. to cover the cost of SKILL COSTS omg .. lvl 35 .. i did all the missions and class quests on balmarr and went to train at 36 .. with 55k .. when i left i had 13 k.. left..

SO basicvally you cant even train all your skills each lvl and have money for upgrades or anything..

SLICING was nerfed so thats out of the question even tho I changed to slicing from armormech as armor making is useless .. you get oranges an upgrade them no need for amormech or synthweav..

I AM COMPLETELY disheartened at the fact I will not ever make any money .. unless i had slicing in the first 3 weeks IM screwed..

for money..

OH MY BIGGEST PEEVE IS THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE .. I DONT KNOW ANYONE THAT HAS GOT AN ISSUE RESOLVED PROPERLY OR EVEN RESPONDED TO..

BUGS BUGS MORE BUGS>> MORE THEN RIFT HAD THATS FOR SURE>> not that RIFT IS A FUN GAME .. ID go back to EQ2 if i do leave star wars..

Wow is just daily boring sleeping game.

This game has alot of potential but i can see they will head the way the first SWGalaxies headed >>>> DOWN DOWN NERF Row mess with things and kill the game for many..

course there will always be diehard fans.. that will put up with the BUGS ..

then there are some of us who just cant see paying monthly for something they cant enjoy anymore.. and its only been what 3 weeks ???

Maybe the launch was smooth but .. after you get past 10 things start to change big time..

SKILL COSTS haha joke what a joke

OH YA and then there is the bug.. where you delete armormech on your main

to take up the only seemingly viable income slicing

and your ALT is then stuck with you slicing on their list too!

it now shows on your alt with 4 crew skills

slicing ads to alts list but is unusable.. .. but messes up the window completely

you try to delete the slicing skill on your alt and it says.. UNKNOWN CREW SKILL!!!

wth!!