Malgus after Onslaught. !(Spoilers allowed!)

LanceDefender

Again? Please no!!!!

Can we finally get an option to join him? He is awesome character and I don't want to kill him again.

To be honest. My imperial characters would have joined him in the first time, if they could. He is still the authoritarian slaver, but not racist. This is a step to the right direction already.

Another civil war would prolong the fall of the Republic for Imperial characters since they are clearly winning right now. But i would add the main character to the list of potential Emperor. Especially, if they are Sith themselves. Damn just imagined female Sith Inquisitor ruling as Empress with Malgus as Emperor.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I know there were post about it, but would like to create another with few questions.

1. What do you think will Malgus do in next story patches?

2. How do you think why and for what purpose Malgus wanted ships and a droid at the end of Onslaught?

Just to escape, to prepere revenge or something entirely different?

3. Am I only one that would love to make Malgus a new Emperor of Empire? Do you think it will be possible?

I'm not entirely sure, that Malgus wants to rule. To me it seems, that he prefers to fight in the frontline rather than sitting on a throne. Did not attempted to run during his flashpoint, and even mentions, that he loves battle. Would be nice for a change, if a Sith lord would decide to ignore politics, and just live for the battles. Civil war might come from the other Dark Council members plotting against each other, and force Malgus to interfere for the sake of Imperial interests.

To be honest i think, that the Main Character would be the most reasonable Emperor/Empress. Especially for force users, but since KOTET i consider all main character as force user even if the game mechanism doesn't reflect it. We could easily say, that they got some of Valkorion's power still.

So if i were wrote the Imperial side of the story, then i would make a civil war with the Council members plotting against the current ruler, and each other. Malgus would explain, that the main character should take the throne as (s)he is far the strongest. At that point you could agree, and Malgus would help you getting it, or disagree, and choose someone you side with. Malgus would surprisingly outright refuse to become Emperor. Stating, that he prefers to fight in battles rather than controlling from background, and that the only reason he wants to interfere is, because he would like to destroy the Republic once and for all as top priority. "Once the Republic is gone, and the Galaxy is ours. We can afford to turn on each other. But until then. Better keep casualties to minimum."

Keep Vowrawn in the council, most people seem to like him and he has had large roles in the stories already.

Would be interesting, if Vowrawn is Emperor, and when you go there to remove him, then he would simply. Step down. Stating, that the strong rules, and Malgus is clearly stronger, and the Commander is even stronger. He would simply know his place, and would not throw his life away for his pride. Though that would cut the story short. If the Commander is a Dark Council member, then he offer to take the Commander's seat in the council, keep Malgus as Wrath, and the Commander takes the throne.

I hope my SW can tell him to stuff it and finally turn him into scrap.

Honestly i find him utterly insufferable, he's a 70 year old fart who killed his lover for no reason, and ever since then has a messiah complex.

He's a warrior, NOTHING more. He only thinks about brute strength, and has no mind for strategy or politics.

The guy belongs in a nursery, not on the throne.

I hope my SW can tell him to stuff it and finally turn him into scrap.

Honestly i find him utterly insufferable, he's a 70 year old fart who killed his lover for no reason, and ever since then has a messiah complex.

He's a warrior, NOTHING more. He only thinks about brute strength, and has no mind for strategy or politics.

The guy belongs in a nursery, not on the throne.

What he is an good strategist and is good at politics for what is worth. The sacking of Coruscant was his tactic the jedi assault was his also and was an success. And in the Battle of Ilum he managed to get powerful warlords, generals even crime bosses, powerful sith including the best diplomat the empire had in Darth Severus who managed to bring the Voss to join Malgus. Even if Severus brought all his allies the fact that he managed to bring the best diplomat on his side proves he has political skills as the best thing an ruler can do is finding and recruiting the best people for the right jobs.

With the current focus on group contents reflecting 2011 all over again we just came full circle return of boring storylines that have dammed progress of online gaming much like star wars movie with fans crying over boring Luke sky walker dying,

I am glad Luke sky walker died it gave new life to boring storylines of just Luke, Anakin and Sidious.

I hope rise of sky walker does not bring back Darth Sidious that would stuff up the fact he was wiped out in the explosion of the death star after being toss down a shaft to his death.

As for Darth Malgus how many time can you bring him back from dying.

What he is an good strategist and is good at politics for what is worth. The sacking of Coruscant was his tactic the jedi assault was his also and was an success. And in the Battle of Ilum he managed to get powerful warlords, generals even crime bosses, powerful sith including the best diplomat the empire had in Darth Severus who managed to bring the Voss to join Malgus. Even if Severus brought all his allies the fact that he managed to bring the best diplomat on his side proves he has political skills as the best thing an ruler can do is finding and recruiting the best people for the right jobs.

I thought the sacking of Coruscant was Baras's plan and Malgus was the enforcer with Kilran being the one commanding the overall battle.

With the current focus on group contents reflecting 2011 all over again we just came full circle return of boring storylines that have dammed progress of online gaming much like star wars movie with fans crying over boring Luke sky walker dying,

I am glad Luke sky walker died it gave new life to boring storylines of just Luke, Anakin and Sidious.

I hope rise of sky walker does not bring back Darth Sidious that would stuff up the fact he was wiped out in the explosion of the death star after being toss down a shaft to his death.

As for Darth Malgus how many time can you bring him back from dying.

Well he was only brought back one, but i also don't think, that it makes any sense. But okay he is back, but please don't play the Malgus vs everyone card again. Or at least let us join him in doing so. Wasn't much of a sense, that we couldn't join him in the first time. Especially as an Imperial. I would gladly cut that Moff's head for his racist behaviour.

I thought the sacking of Coruscant was Baras's plan and Malgus was the enforcer with Kilran being the one commanding the overall battle.

I thought Darth Angral was the one in charge of the sacking of Coruscant with Malgus as one of his subordinate, while Baras was on Alderaan to distract the Republic with a peace offer, that later became the Treaty of Coruscant after said sacking of Coruscant.

Edited by Goreshaga

Well at least Satele says at the end of the Coruscant storyline on the JK that Angral was the one leading armies during the Sacking of Coruscant.

The rest i think is said in the novel with Malgus, i think there are some points where he has to report to Angral

I can not believe Malgus was below Angral I am after over 10 years still confused about the power structure the sith empires has. You know none of them where on the dark council and yet one had an higher rank then the other. I once saw an moff commanding an sith lord and freaking sith lord.

I can not believe Malgus was below Angral I am after over 10 years still confused about the power structure the sith empires has. You know none of them where on the dark council and yet one had an higher rank then the other. I once saw an moff commanding an sith lord and freaking sith lord.

There is a difference between commanding, and below rank. In battles the chain of command cannot be broken. Even if 2 general is present one is above the other, because he is in charge with the operation. It is possible, that by rank Angral, and Malgus was on the same level. It's just Angral got into charget with the operation, and that's why Malgus had to cooperate.

Same goes for non-sith. If a moff is put in charge with an operation, then technically he outranks everyone. Even those who are outrank him unless they revoke the command. So a Sith Lord could be put into the service of a moff. It would make sense, if the strategic decisions were given to strategists regardless of their personal power. A sith brute might be unstoppable in 1v1, but it doesn't mean, that he can command an army as well. And he won't survive against an army by himself. Nor able to occupy an entire planet.

Yes, I know there were post about it, but would like to create another with few questions.

2. How do you think why and for what purpose Malgus wanted ships and a droid at the end of Onslaught?

3. Am I only one that would love to make Malgus a new Emperor of Empire? Do you think it will be possible?

1) GO to the source of the disturbance in the force... as the story implied...maybe he was summon...its never clear who's saber cut the bomb in him... it could have been him or someone else...

2) I imagine that the ship is to get to his intended destination and away from the empire...while using the droid to heal him or for spare parts?

3) I very much like that and I think its going to happen to all other classes (with the exception of Dark Jedi, Sith Warrior or Inquisitor who can challenge that claim) main story, its (IMO) that Malgus would be the best choice to re-build the Empire...

I think (this is just a speculation) the Sith Warrior or Inquisitor (and maybe the Dark Jedi players if the story can stretch that far) are the once's in line for that position... right now both the Inquisitor and Sith Warrior players are "probably" one of or the most powerful Force user and combatant in the galaxy...

We never see our character show off their full power like Valkorion or Vaylin but the story strongly suggest this... and if they join their mighty Alliance with the Empire there is a good chance whatever BIG BAD shows up that the only one left standing be our character with enough political influence, strength and resources to become the next Emperor to re-built...

However this is a huge undertaking from the SWTOR team... but if they do it, it be HUGE! Im still intrigue who or what gonna pop up stronger than Valkorian...―The Son or maybe Abeloth? ooooo I can't wait to see whats up! :D

Opps later guys my best friend just txt me to play SWTOR see ya in game and keeping my fingers cross for Malgus further development! ^^

Edited by Zehal

Marr will be restored to life and make Malgus his pet dog

• 2 months later...
Well he was only brought back one, but i also don't think, that it makes any sense. But okay he is back, but please don't play the Malgus vs everyone card again. Or at least let us join him in doing so. Wasn't much of a sense, that we couldn't join him in the first time. Especially as an Imperial. I would gladly cut that Moff's head for his racist behaviour.

I really hope they don't make Malgus the antagonist again - especially now that he's finally being shown as a proper character, instead of a quest-holder npc or a flashpoint boss.

It would be a waste to bring him back only for the same person to kill him again.

Unfortunately, the Star Wars franchise has a history of doing things like that.

1. and 2, I like to think he will heal himself to either: Take Revenge, confront whatever is left of the Emperor and/or settle the score (Dark Side) or ally himself with the "Commander" (Light Side) once and for all... to face the new big bad that cound be a Force Entity of some sort that will open the way to a new expansion! (crossing my finger its not the last!) He may even become a romance playable companion like Arkann.

3. I think he will become the next Emperor of the Sith Empire and bring victory to the Sith War like supposedly happen in Legends past...(I think, Can't remember were I read it). I love to see Lana or even Sith Warrior or Inquisitor become Emperor as an Option but I think we will be drawn to something REALLY BIG... Were Malgus would be the best choice (IMO) after or PC character...of course to bring or keep stability to the Empire, mimicking our mighty alliance.

SPECULATION:

Like "The World Between World" were we become this entity out side of time, or history to protect the balance (would explain the rarity of our existence, what little is mention of our past etc) and explore/re-play all possible stories from the begging, jump to future or Past to possible future even go to canon SW...

Even facing force entities like The Whills, The Ones, Abeloth...or helping Luke, Vader, Anakin, Ahsoka Tano or Palpating behind the scenes, meeting legends Luke and Canon Luke, meet Kreia, Nihilus, Past Revan, visiting the history we play on the old single games of SWTOR and from time to time return to our reality to help the Republic OR Empires, play through Zekuul before the events of the Outlander, meet New Force Order like the Night sisters among others, possible new classes and Races like Zekuulan, Sentient Living Droids, new impossible romances become possible like for example Vaylin, Thexan, etc etc... endless stories/chapters from here on out... IF this happens.

I know its wishful thinking but know how obscure SWTOR is and where its at in history, with the right storytelling ANYTHING can happen! Specially by adding to Canon "The World between World", The Whills, The Ones, Force Entities or even if WE as PC become a Force Entity ourselves.... Ahhh keeping my fingers cross but I know Ill like anyway what the add even if its nothing like I imagine! lol :D

Edited by Zehal

1. and 2, I like to think he will heal himself to either: Take Revenge, confront whatever is left of the Emperor and/or settle the score (Dark Side) or ally himself with the "Commander" (Light Side) once and for all... to face the new big bad that cound be a Force Entity of some sort that will open the way to a new expansion! (crossing my finger its not the last!) He may even become a romance playable companion like Arkann.

Why does it matter if the Commander is Light or Dark? Not sure I understand your reasoning. I think as far as Malgus is concerned, all of the "Commanders" are in the same boat (if they did the Ilum story or flashpoints). Whether he decides to "settle the score" or not, well... It depends on the amount of common sense he deems to utilize - trying to kill someone who already defeated him before and also defeated Vitiate/Valkorion... would not be very logical on his part.

For now though, considering the nature of the ... trouble... Malgus is having (as shown by the end cutscene of the latest chapter), it seems he would benefit from a certain Inquisitor's expert advice... In exchange for his allegiance, of course :D

Edited by NemuriKyoshiro

Why does it matter if the Commander is Light or Dark? Not sure I understand your reasoning. I think as far as Malgus is concerned, all of the "Commanders" are in the same boat (if they did the Ilum story or flashpoints). Whether he decides to "settle the score" or not, well... It depends on the amount of common sense he deems to utilize - trying to kill someone who already defeated him before and also defeated Vitiate/Valkorion... would not be very logical on his part.

For now though, considering the nature of the ... trouble... Malgus is having (as shown by the end cutscene of the latest chapter), it seems he would benefit from a certain Inquisitor's expert advice... In exchange for his allegiance, of course :D

Oh I only mention Dark Side or Light Side because most of the time is not always Dark Side user will want to Kill or face off against everything...and NPC tend to try to kill them every chance they get and Light Side usually negotiates or does some smart diplomatic talk before fighting or usually NPC want to return the favor or work with them even if its temporary... as the game usually goes, but YOUR right, it be pretty stupid ANYONE at this point trying to cross the Commander lol!

Although now that you mention it, we been getting more and more neutral choices that docent make your character act like a homicidal psychopath... so it docent affect your alignment... so I guess it makes no sense to think like that anymore...and even if it was we can always be a bit of light and dark sometimes... (Remember when we as Darth Imperious killed that Darth who took our chair? Yeah... good times lol) :rolleyes:

I really hope it goes as you said, its sound logic... maybe the face-off (regardless of alignment) its just a scene of fan service of showing how easily our PC defeats him, showing off our powers or expert combat! That be great! Also my Sith Warrior who is full Dark Side would finally have an Awesome companion of Destruction! :D

Question: *I read someplace I cant remember a long time ago, that its actually mention that it was Malgus who won "The Sith War" and united the Empire, is this in Legends or in Canon?*

After Disney's Trilogy and all the "Canon" material release in comics and novels have me so confuse. I think maybe he was mention in one of them? :confused:

Since this era we play is really obscure in the history of Legends SW if this is "True" then it means he does become Emperor or at the very least WE as players help him achieve it... but as he unite the Empire we leave to fight to some distant place...as always. (*fingers cross its The World Between Worlds and we are guided by the creators of the Force the Whills*) :eek:

Anyway what ever the outcome I know I will love the story of SWTOR... right now besides the Mandalorian and Legends Old stories its the only Star Wars I'm interested. Even if my Light Side Anti-hero Chiss Inquisitor main is only Canon in my head... I enjoy the story so much! I hid this because it wants to be easy on the read, my wall text! haha :D

Edited by Zehal

• 4 weeks later...

I've been having a nagging thought (ahem... conspiracy theory... ahem) ever since I first played the Ossus story.... And it's been increasingly nagging since, so I've finally decided to post it out here:

What if the one we see on Ossus and afterwards is in fact not the real Malgus (that one's still dead), but an imposter, controlled by Acina?

It would be possible in many different ways, considering the technological advancement of the SWTOR setting - could be a clone, could be someone genetically modified to look like him (like Senya did with Vaylin during the "grand heist" chapter of KOTFE) and possibly even equipped with false memories (like what the jedi did to Revan)...

The imposter Thrawn from the original books comes to mind, and the old japanese movie "Kagemusha" (where they had a specially trained lookalike posing as their dead general - in order to avoid a drop in morale)...

I wouldn't put something like that past Acina... in fact, it seems spot on her style. She benefits greatly from Malgus's name and reputation under her control.

The reason I've even thought of something like this, is that Malgus on Ossus seems different than before - his behaviour is ...strange sometimes, and unlike what we're used to seeing from him in our flashpoint convos and on Ilum (some of it could be explained by his mental conditioning, but imo nor ALL of it)... Even most of his abilities are different now - comparing to the final battle of False Emperor.

It may be nothing, but still...

Thoughts?

Edited by NemuriKyoshiro

• 2 weeks later...

But I must say I prefer to Malgus be actually Malgus.

Yeah, me too.

But whether it's him or not, the game writers will probably make him die a stupid death in the end. Or, which is even more likely - they'll make US kill him. AGAIN.

Because BW always "needs another boss", no matter the value the npc in question might have to the community at large.

I really Hope they don't Kill Malgus off Again. Malgus is a very popular (and some might say Important) figure in SWTOR killing him again after just these bits of content would be worse then a waste; it would be an Insult to the TOR era and their own media. Malgus's death at the end of "False Emperor" was regrettable but I do believe it was a problem with the code not intentional so that's to be understood.

Malgus is Back now and finally on his way back to being the figure we all have seen in the Cutscenes, False Emperor, parts in other FP's and many's favorite overall SWTOR character. My S.I. would certainly team with Malgus IF it included Killing Acina but that would be the extent (Watching 10 Malgus's *Following other players dressed in who knows what really really has a way of Debasing once proud important NPC's) I dont think he's *Right for The Emperor he's too much of a fighter, that's where he shines and from his comment in False Emperor "I haven't had this much fun since the sacking of Coruscant" (I think that's it). He himself would prefer the front Line over the drudgery of desks and decisions.

Let Malgus return and shine in the "Hopefully" Big combats. tactical decisions only made on the spot as the battle evolves. Acina must die that's one, as for "The Emperor/Emperess" as for now I don't care, but when does come up then their fate will be decided (Weak, Dullard, Charisma-Less figures will be discarded).

Edited by MikeCobalt

I dont think he's *Right for The Emperor he's too much of a fighter, that's where he shines and from his comment in False Emperor "I haven't had this much fun since the sacking of Coruscant" (I think that's it). He himself would prefer the front Line over the drudgery of desks and decisions.

And why can't the Emperor lead by example? He could lead the army into major battles himself, or at least command them from aboard his flagship.

I think he would be the kind of Emperor that's really needed at this particular time, especially after Vitiate (who didn't care one whit about anything except his own schemes) and Acina (who mostly hides away from everything except Council meetings). And Malgus's keen mind and reformist views would do the Empire a world of good.

Heck, any of my Imp chars would gladly kick Acina off the throne themselves, just so Malgus can plant his cybernetic butt on it :D