Is it getting harder to complete conquests?

hipoenormous

Is it just me who thinks that earning conquest points is getting harder and harder? I mean this week I have no idea how I'm going to earn enough points to complete my conquest objective on one character, not to mention all my alts. For the first time I seriously thought about de-subbing. If this continues I may as well do that.

ITS MUCH HARDER FOR SOME OF US. :mad:

My guild has not completed conquest once since the expansion. We used to be able to complete it for both out imperial and republic guilds mist weeks. NOW WE CAN EVEN DO ONE GUILD.

So we’ve stopped bothering. We will never do conquest again until or if it’s ever made more reasonable for smaller guilds. It’s just another kick in the teeth and playable content / enjoyment removed.

On top of that, there is a specific crafting mat you get from conquest and I will need if I decide to craft again (when they fix crafting).

So that is yet another bit of the games content we can’t participate in and less enjoyment.

Bioware seem determined to keep make this game less fun. They take one step forward and 4 steps back. I guess they really don’t want some people to keep playing the game and making the game less fun only hastens people’s departure and unsubscribing.

Also, not everyone plays the game the same, those people saying it’s easy need to realise that we are all different and stop talking down to us like we don’t matter.

No one asked for it to be harder. More people were happy and started to play conquest again with changes added after Dantooine was launched. Now less people are happy and less people are participating in conquest, it’s simple, don’t change stuff that isn’t needed and nobody asked for.

If they wanted to make the conquest targets higher for large yield and possibly even medium, so be it. Those yields are supposed to be for large guilds. But low yield needs to be low yield that small 2-4 man guilds can achieve playing causally and not grinding content we don’t want to play all week. Most of us have lives outside of swtor and can’t play 30-50 hours a week or want to only play content we don’t like, that is not “play your way”.

It won’t hurt big guilds or the players not complaining if they lower the personal targets a little bit and lower the yield on the low yield planets significantly. Changing it to 250,000 would feel like the old system, which would allow us to strive to get republic and Imp guilds done. Even 300,000 would be better than now, but would be difficult for some. The highest we’ve gotten since the change (while actually trying) is 327,000.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read this thread and for kicks and giggles logged in on my main. I did "normal" game stuff by doing Onderon, CZ-198, and Ziost dailies. No FPs or anything.

Typical gameplay: looted everything, chatted with guildies, had an objective stolen by a scummy player so had to wait around for a respawn, had to switch instances because of broken quest objectives, etc.

Total time: 1 hour and 15 mins

CQ pts, with boost: Just over 24k

So based on that it would take roughly 2 hours to make 50k.

However, I ran a SINGLE FP after the 3 world dailies and made another 16k, so I'm at 40k after just an hour and a half of gameplay.

Anyone who says 50k is hard just isn't playing the game, simple as that.

That’s on one character. Remember, most things are legacy bound and can only be done once a day or once a week, as soon as you do all of those, you can’t lvl up your next one near as fast.

Now try doing that with 6 Alts in a week and still play the game the way you want in the time you have available to play (if you have a life).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

there were 3 changes in conquest that Yes, did make it harder to complete than before Onslaught.

• Change #1
    • Galactic Rampage was removed from all conquests... it used to be in every one of them, now it's not.

[*]Change #2

• Conquest Scaling: when they scaled the numbers for conquest, they knocked 3-5% off the returns for all but a few conquest goals. The scaling did not apply to experience points, so their effect on conquest was lessened by about 2/3rds compared to previous.

[*]Change #3

• Content Difficulty was vastly increased by the new level lock and scaling, slowing progress through content which slows experience gains of players.

[*]Change #4

• This affects crafting only, but the absurd requirements of crafting schematics has made it impossible to craft at the same volume as previously

All that said, it' still easier than it was before they added XP to Conquest conversion

there were 3 changes in conquest that Yes, did make it harder to complete than before Onslaught.

• Change #1
  • Change #2
  • Change #3
  • Change #4

All that said, it' still easier than it was before they added XP to Conquest conversion

Three, numbered 1, 2, 3, 4? Oops. ;)

And there was another change, anyway, that *also* makes it harder: the personal goal was raised from 15K to 50K.

Three, numbered 1, 2, 3, 4? Oops. ;)

And there was another change, anyway, that *also* makes it harder: the personal goal was raised from 15K to 50K.

I didn't count the last one since it only affects crafters (and only affects crafters not cheesing with level one crafts)

the change from 15k to 50K is just scaling... they also increased all the points rewarded for conquest activities, by almost the same amount.

One thing I didn't mention, that Trixie picked up on was the change to the guild crafting requirements... they're rougher for small guilds to get their rewards now

That’s on one character. Remember, most things are legacy bound and can only be done once a day or once a week, as soon as you do all of those, you can’t lvl up your next one near as fast.

Re-read what I wrote. Nothing I did (at first) was a Conquest objective. All I did was run 3 world dailies in an hour, and made half the CQ required. Over 24k in just an hour of idly doing normal in-game things rather than objectives. When I did do an objective--one FP--it jumped from 24k to 40k. Total time playing was an hour and a half for the 40k. But the 24k was just normal, non-objective CQ pts.

Now try doing that with 6 Alts in a week and still play the game the way you want in the time you have available to play (if you have a life).

I did it with my main and 9 alts last week.

I work basically three jobs, although all three are at my own set hours. I still work at least a full-time, 40-hr. week because that's how I like to do it just for some consistency.

Total characters: 10.

SWTOR objectives: world dailies, OPs, some FPs, a few random Heroics for time filler

Total CQ pts. earned: 1,014,253

Now I'm not saying you can get a million CQ pts by doing non-objective content. But the notion that CQ is now the Holy Grail or something is just wrong.

Anyone who says 50k is hard just isn't playing the game, simple as that.

Or ya know, playing the way they want doesn't work.

For those of us who have small guilds & try to hit guild goal, the conquest goals some weeks are a struggle. You have to plan alts & what not to make sure you get points correctly & maximize your rewards too.

So just because you find it "easy" don't come here looking down on others who find it a struggle especially if they are a more solo player or don't do FPs.

This week was really solo-unfriendly compared to last week. Almost every objective was either a) expensive in credits and mats or b) geared toward high-end group content.

I managed to do it on a few toons anyway, but I feel like my soul's a shriveled husk :p The best bet always seems to be dailies-- CZ-198, the Black Hole, and Yavin all pay out pretty well in CXP despite not being objectives. I think I got half again as many CXP points on Yavin alone as I did trying to do the False Emperor flashpoint.

at the TOP END of the scale, here's what it took for me:

6 heroics on Balmorra and Bug Hunt while leveling from 70-75 (dual logged)

45 minutes is what it took.

I had the complimentary 3 hour 25% xp buff going

full DVL suit for a 50% xp buff

15% xp 1 hour buff from guild perk

It would take slightly longer at level 75 because the XP rate is slower.

(now bug hunt is going to get crowded, and nerfed, again)

(in groups of 2-4 the xp rate is still pretty nice)

Some weeks are harder than others, especially if your time on the game is limited, and you'd like to spend more time doing what you want, rather than concentrate on CQ stuff, or xp hunts akin to bug hunt. Just running story alone can be very slow for CQ. Personally this week is slower than normal for me, as I don't really run FP's, or ops, as I'm mostly a solo player, so my small guilds had to go without. But for the bigger prizes, I ran a couple of extra FP (grudgingly...lol), ,and some crafting while running solo.

So basically is it getting harder for some players....yes, but not for all.

Nowadays you get conquestpoints for everything you get xp/renownpoints for.

Every stronghold which is fully unlocked (all areas bought/ they don't have to be decorated) gets you 25% bonus on conquestpoints to a maximum of 6 strongholds (150% total)

WIth this bonus i get 625cqp for every completed mission alone and aproximately 20ish cqp for the weakest mobs up to 300ish for mid tier elite mobs.

Every conquest has objectives like: complete a starfighter match, complete a chapter of KOTFE/KOTET do a random FP and complete a warzone match etc.

Me and my small guild are able to reach the mid tier conquest goal every week with no problems and we play the stuff we want.

For this week i have completed it with 12 of my alts.

Edit: And if you do cq objectives you reach the goal even faster

Really it is no biggy at all :)

Edited by corandax

If you do objectives, it is actually easier now than it was to get to your personal goal......imho. I have hit the small planet guild goal on my own the last three weeks without using many objectives. (The daily specific FP, and then the Socialite 1 and 2 on the weekends)

It is difficult for some, it is easy for others. When you are leveling toons, you get more CP's than you do at 75 because your Green Bar of Rest XP doesn't apply any more.

I think it is a matter of attitude more than anything else. People see 50K and freak out, but don't realize objectives are increase by the same percentages. You can do 5 GF FP's and be done for the week on that toon. Hell, you can do Depths of manaan for ~8K CPs in 15 minutes (non-stealth obviously) and spam it until you get 50K.

This week the only objective I did was the battle of Ilum each day because it was an extra 5k for a solo FP.

People whine and complain about things instead of figuring out how they work.

Here are some numbers for PVE content.

Solo FP's

4-9K depending on the FP for 10-20 minutes of work (Depths of Manaan seems to be the best CP/Minute)

GF FP's

7-11K depending on the FP's for 15-30 minutes of Work With added bonuses for Activity Finder

ANY mission.... 615-655 CPs depending on your Guild Perks + the kill points to finish them.

OP's 1 full Op is almost 30K according to many. I don't do OPs so not sure on this one.

I don't PvP much anymore but from my calculations, 14 games WITHOUT A WIN will get you through the personal conquest, assuming you get your medalist each game as well.

There are LOTS of ways to get to 50K now. It usually takes me roughly 2 hours per toon to get to 50K on a toon solo.

The point is it can be done, it is not that difficult if you actually do things in game other than troll around on fleet. Is it as easy as it was right before 6.0? no, but we all knew that was going to change two hours after they made the big change to add CP's to kills.

Have given up on conquest, if you aren’t in a big guild, you just can’t do it. So long.

This is not true. I am in a guild of my own, and I can do it just fine. Broke 500K on my own all three weeks. It was WAY TOO easy after they made the change to get CP's from kills before 6.0 dropped. We all knew that was going to have to change. You could get to your 15K by doing 13 Heroics on two planets. That was ridiculous.

If you were able to get conquest done before that change, then you should have no problem now. If you had to rely on that change, then yes, I can see where you may have some issues, but it is still fairly easily doable.

Have given up on conquest, if you aren’t in a big guild, you just can’t do it. So long.

Bull.

Been doing conquest in my small guild w just the hubby usually contributing the most points, between us we have capped each week since 6.0 launched.

Now we used to could cap both Imp & pub, but now it's just Pub until we get more into guilds & interested in it.

This is not true. I am in a guild of my own, and I can do it just fine. Broke 500K on my own all three weeks. It was WAY TOO easy after they made the change to get CP's from kills before 6.0 dropped. We all knew that was going to have to change. You could get to your 15K by doing 13 Heroics on two planets. That was ridiculous.

If you were able to get conquest done before that change, then you should have no problem now. If you had to rely on that change, then yes, I can see where you may have some issues, but it is still fairly easily doable.

How many hours in total did that take you and will you get it done this week considering most of the activities are MM flash point “bonus” bosses?

I’m sure you aren’t soloing those if you are doing them.

This week I’ve got one Alt to 68,000 and a couple others to 20,000. My wife got one to 54,000.

The way we played before allowed us to get several to their targets to make our Imp guild total and we could even get our rep guild done sometimes too.

Play our way is enjoying the content we do. The way conquest is setup now isn’t the way we play. So getting those totals is not ever going to happen for us,

There for, it is true for people and small guilds who are like us to never be able to do conquest again.

There was zero reason to make the total so high for small guilds and personal targets. There was also no reason to remove some of the activities that allowed us to hit those targets.

All this has done is removed another enjoyable thing from the game for us and other people.

So I’m done with it. Conquest is now rubbish and we will play the new expansion for a bit longer to get all our Alts to lvl 75 and geared and then we are gone. Pvp is now rubbish for me and the removal of yet another enjoyable thing means less for us to do.

Bioware have shot themselves in the foot again by catering to large guilds instead of look at the little guys.

I can finish conquest just by doing Onderon dailies for 6 days. And only that...nothing else...30min per day. BUt I stopped caring about Conquest. People say game is harder now...to me it just seems,that it takes longer to kill mobs. Not that they pose a threat. I still run with my dps comp.

Longer to kill doesn't mean harder gameplay.

Is it just me who thinks that earning conquest points is getting harder and harder? I mean this week I have no idea how I'm going to earn enough points to complete my conquest objective on one character, not to mention all my alts. For the first time I seriously thought about de-subbing. If this continues I may as well do that.

Well I don't usually care about it, but I have been playing a new character thru class and planets story - It got his 50k points in 4 days (about 3 hours of play per day) just from quests and some H2, small guild on small planet - 500k for same 4 days but I have no idea what other members did.

It may been easier for those that exclusively did it before alt over alt ... but I don't remember been able to simply fool around with a new character and get the conquest.

It is not just you. This week we got only half the points we usually get. Our small guild can't play lots of hours each day and have totally given up on conquest. Sad but true. Problem with these threads is: there will always show up people boasting and claiming things making our claims feel worthless. But they are not.

I got one alt to 50k this week, because I played many hours only story and two FPs. I couldn't have done that with lots of chars. There is simply no conquest special for soloers or groups of two this week.

Though, we can't reach the weekly goal for the guild any longer anyway. So the weekly goals only help single alts now. (For us)

It is not just you. This week we got only half the points we usually get. Our small guild can't play lots of hours each day and have totally given up on conquest. Sad but true. Problem with these threads is: there will always show up people boasting and claiming things making our claims feel worthless. But they are not.

I got one alt to 50k this week, because I played many hours only story and two FPs. I couldn't have done that with lots of chars. There is simply no conquest special for soloers or groups of two this week.

Though, we can't reach the weekly goal for the guild any longer anyway. So the weekly goals only help single alts now. (For us)

This is exactly our experience too.

I had more RL work this week so didn't have as many hours to play, binged another season of an anime I got into and watched a few episodes of some other shows, and STILL made Conquest on 10 characters.

What I did: OPs (around 4 full runs and prob around 12 LBLOs), a scattering of Vet FPs, baby world Heroics because they're practically free points, Loyalist CQ objectives since they're quick and easy, and story content.

What I didn't do: any WZs, any GSF, any crafting because I abhor crafting in any MMO, or any MM FP. This effectively cut off the bulk of the possible CQ pts I could earn.

Total pts earned across 10 chars: 680,624

If I can do it with my broken schedule and disdain for crafting, WZs and GSF, then so can you. If you're someone who absolutely refuses to do ANY group-based content then honestly that's on you.

Bull.

Been doing conquest in my small guild w just the hubby usually contributing the most points, between us we have capped each week since 6.0 launched.

Now we used to could cap both Imp & pub, but now it's just Pub until we get more into guilds & interested in it.

Well bull to you too, well on this subject anyway. A lot will depend on how many active players are in the guild, what you do in game, how many hours you have to spend on the game, and more to the point if you want to spend your entire game time just doing conquests. Yes it reachable some weeks but not many for small guilds. It will make a difference if you do groups as you can get those high conquest points which normally are on Operations or such.

So far I have managed to reach the 500k just once since the change and I spend a lot of time playing. This week I got just under 300k. Last week I got just under 600k. So yes it is very variable from week to week. Also now running out of craft mats so that's not going to help next time that crafting is a large part of conquests.

I can finish conquest just by doing Onderon dailies for 6 days. And only that...nothing else...30min per day. BUt I stopped caring about Conquest. People say game is harder now...to me it just seems,that it takes longer to kill mobs. Not that they pose a threat. I still run with my dps comp.

Longer to kill doesn't mean harder gameplay.

Which is grate if a you have a character that has done Onderon, not every player has. Plus if Onderon is even an option. By that I mean it took me 3 hours just to do the Onderon main story as on that planet (Mak Sha is even worse) my character is at a virtual stand still. A player in walking mode can move faster than I can on a mount. Not sure *** is the issue on these new planets but don't have the issue on any of the original planets up to Corella. So Dantooine, Onderon, Mak Sha and to a point Ossus have become virtually unplayable.

How many hours in total did that take you and will you get it done this week considering most of the activities are MM flash point “bonus” bosses?

I’m sure you aren’t soloing those if you are doing them.

This week I’ve got one Alt to 68,000 and a couple others to 20,000. My wife got one to 54,000.

The way we played before allowed us to get several to their targets to make our Imp guild total and we could even get our rep guild done sometimes too.

Play our way is enjoying the content we do. The way conquest is setup now isn’t the way we play. So getting those totals is not ever going to happen for us,

There for, it is true for people and small guilds who are like us to never be able to do conquest again.

There was zero reason to make the total so high for small guilds and personal targets. There was also no reason to remove some of the activities that allowed us to hit those targets.

All this has done is removed another enjoyable thing from the game for us and other people.

So I’m done with it. Conquest is now rubbish and we will play the new expansion for a bit longer to get all our Alts to lvl 75 and geared and then we are gone. Pvp is now rubbish for me and the removal of yet another enjoyable thing means less for us to do.

Bioware have shot themselves in the foot again by catering to large guilds instead of look at the little guys.

I finished the guild goal last night. it took about 16 hours of play time to complete.