World First Renown 999?

lordoftransform

Hundreds of people I expect

That's likely true. I reached 999 myself together with 7 chars to lvl 100 just during two different free sub weeks. And I met dozens of different players doing either KPF or EVF, including Mero, who were successfully farming 999, too. All the players, that were way above lvl 100 obviously going for 999 and some of them even farming 999 on second char (they already had limitless title). Many of them reached 999 in front of me before I did, so I saw it first hand.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly after lvl 100 it stops mattering, gear you get is trash anyway if the crates had like custom shells for each class or mounts or whatever instead of just gear it might more worth it to lvl it up but as it stands nope not really worth it

specially when you have 306 rated gear and you get 302 lol

Reaching 999 Renown is worth less than nothing.

It's only for bragging rights. Allot like "I see your Shwarts is as big as mine"

Funny, because that is how they described Renown ranks when they introduced the change from Galactic Command during the stream prior to 6.0.

Edited by ceryxp

OP has a promising career ahead of him / her - possibly in the burger flipping, telemarketing or assembly line industries.

What a brilliant comment. I'll bet you're a college graduate with an advanced degree and a six-figure salary. Probably own a yacht, plane or helicopter...or any combination of the three. (Of course you don't, but I'm sure you'll lie and tell us these things are all true.)

While I'm not necessarily for people tooting their own horns...I actually put a ridiculous amount of time into this game. I can do that without having to worry about a future full of flipping burgers or making cold calls about stupid products. You see, I'm retired military - I did my 20, so now, I can kick back and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Truth be told, your post was so incredibly ignorant and shortsighted...I'd say you're still in high school, or at least at that age. Maybe you couldn't power through four years of secondary education. That would be my guess; this could, however, be one of those very rare cases where I'm wrong about someone.

Grow up, kid. You never know what someone else's circumstances are.

I noticed just a few days ago that I was 985. I'm probably 987 or so, now.

Edit - 995 now. Do you get anything for achieving 999?

just the title of limitless, as far as I know. You might get cc's (some achievements give 20cc's)

Huh. I was imagining renown topped out at 300, like Command levels, and just repeated.

Is there 1,000 and beyond?

No, stops at 999, like command stopped at 300, but you still gets the crates after every (whatever amount) of rxp it would take to ding another level.

Edited by DarkTergon

just the title of limitless, as far as I know. You might get cc's (some achievements give 20cc's)

Yeah, I think I got a whole 20CC - not even enough to pay for a new hairstyle. 🙂

I got the "Limitless" title and 20CC while in the middle of an MM flashpoint, so I didn't properly notice it at the time. 🤔

Yeah, I think I got a whole 20CC - not even enough to pay for a new hairstyle. 🙂

I got the "Limitless" title and 20CC while in the middle of an MM flashpoint, so I didn't properly notice it at the time. 🤔

for that sort of an achievement it probably should be a little higher, even with double xp, it's a lot of grinding.

For me - not grinding. Just playing. 🙂

lol, I've probably reached it a few times over if I add all my chars up, but I haven't played the same char consistently enough to get it on one char lol. For me to stay on one char long enough probably would be a grind.

Out of curiosity , how many hours do you think you had to put in to your char to ding the 999?

Out of curiosity , how many hours do you think you had to put in to your char to ding the 999?

No idea. I'm retired now, with no kids at home, etc, so I can play as much as I want. I'd probably average around 2-3 hours per day.

But I never really noted my renown rank until a week or so ago when I happened to notice I was 985. I got to 999 before I could even consider 'grinding' for it. 😂

I'm a "Legendary" player with 23 characters. I used to play a variety of characters - mainly Gunslinger(s), a Sentinel, a Guardian, and a Marauder. But it's gradually come down to where I almost exclusively play my female Gunslinger these days. I'm a bit burned out on SWTOR so I have little desire to bother gearing up other characters. My fem Gunslinger is fully i306 and fully augmented, so it has the best gear, plus Space Barbie. 🙂

On my primary legacy I currently have 2546 renown ranks spread over 90 characters, so I'm not quite there yet, but I can imagine that many people who play only one or a few characters are there already.

I think when this thread was made I was still busy getting my army of characters to 75--114 at cap currently, still a few to go..

No idea. I'm retired now, with no kids at home, etc, so I can play as much as I want. I'd probably average around 2-3 hours per day.

But I never really noted my renown rank until a week or so ago when I happened to notice I was 985. I got to 999 before I could even consider 'grinding' for it. 😂

I'm a "Legendary" player with 23 characters. I used to play a variety of characters - mainly Gunslinger(s), a Sentinel, a Guardian, and a Marauder. But it's gradually come down to where I almost exclusively play my female Gunslinger these days. I'm a bit burned out on SWTOR so I have little desire to bother gearing up other characters. My fem Gunslinger is fully i306 and fully augmented, so it has the best gear, plus Space Barbie. 🙂

Running at about 80 at the moment on SF, the only one I really bothered gearing was my main (an inq), but she's considered the matriarch of the family (was also my first and only main), so she gets everything...lol All the rest, it's basically what drops. I probably log on to about 60 every week, which is why it'll be a while before I ding the 999...lol

If there was something more than just a title, like a deco or something, I probably would have by now . Decorating is one of my fav part of the games, and I usually go out of my way to get deco's. All my guilds look forward to new stuff, as they know I'll donate them...lol

I think you might just be mad you couldn't bot or buy your way into this one heh.

What is that supposed to mean? I wasnt mad, but dissapointed with the fact that some cheat their way and some do it with honest playing.

Reaching 999 Renown is worth less than nothing.

It's only for bragging rights. Allot like "I see your Shwarts is as big as mine"

Yes it is, its just another thing they add for people who want to have 100% achievements. Its pointless for others. However, since there seems to be no reset in sight everyone will reach it in time.

For me - not grinding. Just playing. 🙂

If I may ask, what are you playing (I mean, what kind of content in Swtor)? From what I've been reading from you here on the forums, I think that we spend a similar amount of time in the game and have a similar mindset regarding playing this game. However, I'm not even remotely near 999. I would really like that title, but... ;)

Edited by JattaGin

If I may ask, what are you playing (I mean, what kind of content in Swtor)? From what I've been reading from you here on the forums, I think that we spend a similar amount of time in the game and have a similar mindset regarding playing this game. However, I'm not even remotely near 999. I would really like that title, but... ;)

These days I mostly just play a Gunslinger. Every week I do the 5 veteran and 3 master FP weeklies - often with Guildmates. I often do some weekly missions while waiting for GF to pop. I do a bit of decorating** and Space Barbie'ing.

I'll often do the current event, but not Swoop Racing - for me, doing SR for CQ would be a grind. But I usually do the Rakghoul, Gree, and Pirate events.

I will do some Guild Operations.

No PvP.

On an average week I probably do 3 MM FPs and 7 Vets. Onderan, Ossus, and CZ-198 weeklies. I know it sounds 'grindy', but I don't think of it that way.

** It seems as though you can earn CQ points just by re-arranging things in your Stronghold.

Edited by JediQuaker

** It seems as though you can earn CQ points just by re-arranging things in your Stronghold.

You get 5k for placing a deco, but it doesn't say you can't remove the same one, and put it back 5 times...lol

Also you get 10K for activating a s/h, so if you've one you don't use, you can deactivate it, then reactivate it again.

It''s a handy few points, when you come up short, or only have little time, and want to be quick