Winners and Losers 6.0 So Far

Kinsal

Are you wearing the Tacticians set and using your new ability right after your opener?

No set bonus yet. And as for Tactical Overdrive then no, I don't use it offensively. I see how that could work, but with the reset on Stim Boost and Shield Probe, I thought it was mostly intended to be defensively or at least highly situational. Not as part of the opener. But that is probably the reason I don't see a lot of damage yes.

I was worried about carnage maras in regs. Last night finally got into regs after grinding 306 gear. Sustainable damage is still very good. Longer fights means dealing with more CCs. Can’t burn players down as fast, but most classes are in the same boat. I see slingers/snipers getting the best out of the 6.0 longer fights. I mained one before, and longer you can hunker down without hightailing and now going poof, they are a machine. 6.0 decep sins, sure they have burst but didn’t notice the big scare as many are claiming. And I too once mained a deceptive sin to EWL, and they did have a burst deficiency. Let’s see everyone fully feared before we panic regarding sins.

Anyways carnage Mara feels the same as before. High octane substantial dps.

Edited by Josewales

No set bonus yet. And as for Tactical Overdrive then no, I don't use it offensively. I see how that could work, but with the reset on Stim Boost and Shield Probe, I thought it was mostly intended to be defensively or at least highly situational. Not as part of the opener. But that is probably the reason I don't see a lot of damage yes.

Putting this in scrapper scoundrel terms --

WIth Tactician set, you get to stack 3 UH. Because you are always gaining and losing UH throughout a fight, you basically get permanent +15% crit proc to all attacks and heals. I don't have the Volatile Strike tactical yet, so I have been using Acid Lash.

Opener something like this with the Acid Lash Tactical:

DefenseScreen+Pugnacity in stealth > Back Blast > Blood Broiler > VS > Sucker Punch > Tactical Overdrive > Blood Broiler > Back Blast

If your Blood Broiler goes off before the 1st sucker punch, then you can skip the sucker punch and go straight to Tactical Overdrive. From there you go into the normal rotation more or less. Try to maintain 1 UH at all times for the extra +5% to all attacks.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

annnnnd.... queue bioware nerf. glad I quit playing seriously or the inc nerf after this post would have irritated me.

Who plays this game seriously? Seriously, who?? lol

Aside from Dulfy, does anyone make a living playing this game? Nope. It's trash. Just a clown show for peeps who want a Star Wars fix.

Don't think it's anything more than that...

I logged on just now, and searched for warzones on /who "arena ring canyon station square" and "novare ancient civil void pit proving vandin"

There were over 40 results on Satele Shan pub side - the lowest population faction of all the English servers, at past 1am.

I searched for the GF ops, literally 0 results. Zero.

But sure enjoy your "hurr durr pvp only small handful of players" delusions.

That's because there's zero point in doing Ops in this expansion. They don't have direct drops so why bother with them? Everyones running the quick flashpoints,

Who plays this game seriously? Seriously, who?? lol

Aside from Dulfy, does anyone make a living playing this game? Nope. It's trash. Just a clown show for peeps who want a Star Wars fix.

Don't think it's anything more than that...

MMORPGs are by definition a repetitive time sink, if you are going to sink 3-5 hours a day into something you may as well take it serious... or why would you bother?

MMORPGs are by definition a repetitive time sink, if you are going to sink 3-5 hours a day into something you may as well take it serious... or why would you bother?

My brother...I'm glad you enjoy the game, I really am. But don't give BW one cent more than you have to. They have miscalculated and mismanaged this game horribly for almost a decade. We PvPers tried to warn them, but they didn't listen.

Instead, they've taken huge dumps on PvP at every turn. This most recent oversight is only par for the course. Believe it or not, but after release of the Makeb expansion, you were better off PvPing naked than by wearinggear. Yes, it's been that bad.

Take care my bro...and 'don"t be so srs'

Putting this in scrapper scoundrel terms --

WIth Tactician set, you get to stack 3 UH. Because you are always gaining and losing UH throughout a fight, you basically get permanent +15% crit proc to all attacks and heals. I don't have the Volatile Strike tactical yet, so I have been using Acid Lash.

Opener something like this with the Acid Lash Tactical:

DefenseScreen+Pugnacity in stealth > Back Blast > Blood Broiler > VS > Sucker Punch > Tactical Overdrive > Blood Broiler > Back Blast

If your Blood Broiler goes off before the 1st sucker punch, then you can skip the sucker punch and go straight to Tactical Overdrive. From there you go into the normal rotation more or less. Try to maintain 1 UH at all times for the extra +5% to all attacks.

You should cast tactical overdrive as soon as you place your first blood broiler. So it comes off cd quicker. Just don't recast blood broiler until the first one pops.

For a while I was also waiting until my blood Broiler popped before using TO, but it actually doesn't affect it if you do it right away.

And curious... are any other op/scounds taking the utility where leg shot grants an UH? I've been liking it with tacticians set n acid lash.

But in all honesty, I think I'm gona switch to volatile strike. Suits my playtime more

Edited by AndriusAjax

You should cast tactical overdrive as soon as you place your first blood broiler. So it comes off cd quicker. Just don't recast blood broiler until the first one pops.

For a while I was also waiting until my blood Broiler popped before using TO, but it actually doesn't affect it if you do it right away.

And curious... are any other op/scounds taking the utility where leg shot grants an UH? I've been liking it with tacticians set n acid lash.

But in all honesty, I think I'm gona switch to volatile strike. Suits my playtime more

Ah, you're right. There's no point in delaying TO -- though I will have to break myself of the nasty habit of immediately using BB afterwards.

I finally got Volatile Strike tactical, but haven't played around with it yet (doing ops instead of pvp).

Maybe I will see you around on SF, Ondr.

I finally got Volatile Strike tactical, but haven't played around with it yet (doing ops instead of pvp).

Maybe I will see you around on SF, Ondr.

Yeah man, I'm also just doing fps and stuff until I get fully situated. See you round!

No. Also resets stim.

In the opener Beruhl laid out, he already used pugnacity before engaging. So it being reset has nothing to do with delaying TO.

All I'm saying is that I think a lot of people are waiting to cast TO until after the blood broiler pops. Technically, you can apply blood broiler, and prior to it popping, u can use TO to have it off CD faster. Obviously if you're prioritizing shield or something different, you would want to use TO differently. But I don't see how using pugnacity will make what I said incorrect. And it should go without saying that you would want to have used it before you pop your TO. And that goes with all of the things that TO resets.

Edited by AndriusAjax

No. Also resets stim.

prum means dont waste your 20% def from stim boost on your opener. and he is right. you should always take 20% def on stim boost, and wasting a refresh for it for a small dps boost is not a good idea in the long run. specialy with the roll nerf.

prum means dont waste your 20% def from stim boost on your opener. and he is right. you should always take 20% def on stim boost, and wasting a refresh for it for a small dps boost is not a good idea in the long run. specialy with the roll nerf.

I suppose you could argue that having 20% defense during your opener, and then having one for later in the fight is not a bad thing... So it could still be used in the opener. But I hear you. It does makes more sense to use your TO with that in mind as opposed to a little extra DPS for double hitting a back to back BB.

But I wasn't really trying to prescribe a perfect opener or anything. That's the last thing I want to do. I was just saying that you don't have to wait until BB pops to use TO to reset another BB. Meaning, if you're not worried about defense, you can apply a BB, use a TO, wait for BB to pop, and then apply your next BB.

That said, I often didnt take the 20% dmg mit in 5.X outside of duels and ranked. I mean, we've got enough defenses. But now that we can refresh the cool down on it, it does make sense to take it.

Edited by AndriusAjax

That was a sample burst opener I gave (with Acid Lash). Static openers don't really work in pvp. You may want to stun or root your opponent anywhere along the way. Additionally, you opponent may be ready with a KB, stun, or a kiting ability of their own. In which case, you will have wasted your Pugnacity.

On the other hand, to save your TO just for Pugnacity's +20% DR in warzones and PVE is kind of meh -- especially if you're playing with a buddy or buddies for coordinated burst. In duels or solos sure, save it.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

On the other hand, to save your TO just for Pugnacity's +20% DR in warzones and PVE is kind of meh -- especially if you're playing with your buddies for coordinated burst. In duels or solos, sure save it.

Yea agreed.

... not a good idea in the long run. specialy with the roll nerf.

Maybe I should feel stupid for asking... But what nerf did roll get? As far as I could tell, it got a buff in that I dont have to manage its two uses as much. And from what I can gather in PVE, I could still roll through most damage..

Yea agreed.

Maybe I should feel stupid for asking... But what nerf did roll get? As far as I could tell, it got a buff in that I dont have to manage its two uses as much. And from what I can gather in PVE, I could still roll through most damage..

Gotta be careful around here... nerds be ready to "ackchyually" you at every point. :Dhttps://imgur.com/gallery/Ek6jgeF

I think he means that it comes off of CD 1 stack at a time, rather than both at once.

On the other hand, to save your TO just for Pugnacity's +20% DR in warzones and PVE is kind of meh -- especially if you're playing with a buddy or buddies for coordinated burst. In duels or solos sure, save it.

stim boost 20% DR comes with a 50k hot as well.

stim boost 20% DR comes with a 50k hot as well.

Yea the 25% heal is nice, and I think to your point, in a solo ranked match or duel, you will want to use pugnacity defensively. Even in some 8v8s where youre facing a heavy dps team.

But the only thing I was trying to convey is that BB can be on someones body, and you can still use your TO to reset BBs cd without waiting for it to pop. Doing it that way lines up a: Blood Boiler, SP, Back Blast/Blood Boiler combo which is pretty nice.

Edited by AndriusAjax