We had to destroy the game to save the game.

Genada

How is this worse? Gearing to 306 in 2 days is terrible? Even if you play really casually you should be at 306 in less than a month. Grind is barely there.

Right. Get back to me when you have the correct set bonus and BiS for everything. Please also write down how much you had to gamble on the randomized vendor to accomplish this.

Not to be rude, but frankly I couldn't care less about what makes you happy. Also, what do you hope to achieve by calling me a "white knight"? Does it unlock some kind of secret achievement on the forums that I am unaware of?

The forums are and will remain an untrustworthy source of feedback from my perspective. It has been like that ever since I started playing all those years ago. Go to Twitter and Reddit, people are really positive about the expansion there, even on Reddit from what I have seen and heard. But the forums are - as always - full of complaints, doom and gloom. So can you blame me for avoiding the forums like the plague? I never left SWTOR, I never would, but I think I'll steer clear from the forums once again.

SWTOR's reddit tends to quash negativity because people who don't want to see it can just hit downvote and overwhelm those who are looking to criticize.

Twitter, I'm not sure what you're basing that on (like are you just punching in Onslaught and looking for tweets with it in the name?) but the platform isn't exactly built for long-form negative feedback, so naturally it's not going to be as commonplace there.

The forums are not an "untrustworthy" source of feedback. That would imply there is something purposefully dishonest afoot. They an incomplete source of feedback, meaning it doesn't show the whole picture. But for all the arguments that people try to make about how forums are just a tiny minority of the playerbase, what those arguments typically leave out is that just because they don't directly represent the majority of players doesn't mean that people in game who don't engage outside of it never share the opinions of those who do. Reddit and twitter are no more complete than the forums are, so referencing them as some kind of refutation of the accuracy of the feedback on the forums is just silly. Both can exist and be accurate to some extent.

But ... can anyone tell me why my 252 armor has better scores than 270? :confused:

The whole system is completely messed up.....:(

LOL this. The 270+ I'm wearing now has worse stats than my 258. Yet the only way to gear up is to put the trash on to raise your ilevel to get the next ilevel...

The game difficulty, think so well. It sometimes takes a while to kill certain mobs. But whatever. You get used to it.

The best way to cover over the fact your "expansion" is only a few hours worth of content is to make all the previous content take 3x as long. Didn't you know that?

LOL this. The 270+ I'm wearing now has worse stats than my 258. Yet the only way to gear up is to put the trash on to raise your ilevel to get the next ilevel...

The best way to cover over the fact your "expansion" is only a few hours worth of content is to make all the previous content take 3x as long. Didn't you know that?

It is beyond terrible, but I guess that is to be expected of maintenance mode.

It's this what your going for with 6.0?

Crafting changes are terrible. No one wanted them and no one is pleased with them.

Gearing system is terrible. No one wants them and no is pleased with them. Command was hard enough for people to accept and you went with let's try that again but make it worst? Really?

Conquest changes no one was asking for and no one was wanting. How did you come up with this? Why did you come up with this? You should of named these changes Death To All Small Guilds.

Outside of the story content for 6.0 the rest is a flaming dumpster fire. It's all bad. Changes no one asked for and no one wants.

I am really hoping this is some kinda of secret plan to destroy the game because Star Wars the Old Republic 2 is coming out and you need a way to kill the first one. It's the only thing that could explain the dumpster fire that is the current state of the game and the changes your making.

/sign - this is the worst Expansion ever.

Why is the Story so short - have you ever looked for example to WoW and how many quests and Story there is in the leveling Phase?

1-2 Quest for a level, shame on your incompetent devs.

How is that different from any other MMO?

Exactly that.

Most MMOs don't incorporate this level of random. At least not western releases. Now we have random at every junction:

The road to 306, short as it may be, you have little control over what to equip.

The monster drops once you are 306.

The vendor roulette.

For those us who want to PvP, especially ranked, we are now forced into a terrible long and random grind just so we can do what we like. And if you responds with "PvP have bolster" I am not going to comment.

If you like 6.0 - great - but I have just stopped my subscription due to this.

/summon brave white knights

come on lads show your love for swtor, report this thread as OFF TOPIC !!!

Where is Ontolon/Keith.

He is meant to have come in and told us although he isn't bothering with the gearing its the best system yet.

The new level cap plus bolster has made old content new and exiting as it takes longer to complete, as your damage has been reduced.

And that the story has taken him 40 hours to complete as he has played it at 5 minutes at a time with hour breaks. But despite play time only being a few hours this means there is 40 hours of new story.

Come on Ontolon/Keith you are missed.

I love the look and feel of the new zones and the improved graphics/colors. I had no problem doing the story -- on 3 characters now, and I was so jazzed to try out Ops with guildmates last night.

We (a group of prog hm raiders) thought we would do something light and fun by running EV HM 16m. We were virtually one-shot by the first boss. We left the raid and reset to 16m story mode and went back in and the best we could do on about the 3rd attempt was hit the enrage timer on the first boss at 9%.

I was level 75 and wearing the best green gear I could grep together at about lvl 271. I looked at my stats and noticed my power was just above 2000 (was~5100 at lvl 258 and now it is about 5200 with the 271 greens).

A friend of mine had old Gemini gear on but swears his stats weren't nerfed like mine were. Until last night I would StarParse 12k heals -- aoe ticks -- and up to 37k ST heals (overall raw avg 14k) but I was lucky to parse 4k for the fights we attempted last night.

I hope that what is going on in ops is not intended to be the new normal because a story mode op shouldn't be hard mode in terms of the experience of it. Isn't the idea with story mode ops to get more people raiding?

The gear is so disappointing and the balance issues in SM Ops make them unplayable for a lot of players.

Everyone is now just grinding vet FPs for gear. I'm not sure what I'll do when I get sick of bring my alts through the new content. I was so happy and excited until I tried "an easy, fun op".

Outside of the story content for 6.0 the rest is a flaming dumpster fire. It's all bad. Changes no one asked for and no one wants.

Hey, the planets look great. I'm loving the effort they've put into both Onderon and Mek-sha. Haven't played the story so can't comment on that. Also seems like some new music in there....

As for the gearing, crafting, conquest points though..... I'll concede that. :D

Lets be honest Rise of the Hutt Cartel was absolutely overwhelming comparred to this expansion on every front they went full FUBAR. This "Expansion" is pretty much the SWToR Version of The Last Jedi. Edited by Cireka

3.0 era was awesome, now it's just stupid.

:(

Give me a server just pre-Ziost and I'm good to go. Everything since has been anywhere from terrible to horrible. I'm here to try thew new story and have already removed my payment info again.

Where is Ontolon/Keith.

He is meant to have come in and told us although he isn't bothering with the gearing its the best system yet.

The new level cap plus bolster has made old content new and exiting as it takes longer to complete, as your damage has been reduced.

And that the story has taken him 40 hours to complete as he has played it at 5 minutes at a time with hour breaks. But despite play time only being a few hours this means there is 40 hours of new story.

Come on Ontolon/Keith you are missed.

gearing is a breath of fresh air and the story is at least 40 hours, mate you must be one of them RUSHERS

10 hours now and I'm still in my ship, on my way to Onderon. I like to take my sweet time and enjoy the scenery

10 hours now and I'm still in my ship, on my way to Onderon. I like to take my sweet time and enjoy the scenery

I didn't space bar one, I did all the bonus/side quests.

Playing a TK Sage (low end of the DPS ladder).

Took 2.5 to 3 hours to complete new story-line.

If you are 10 hours in and not finished yet you are spending a LOT of time AFK.

All The Best

The gearing system is good, it’s just confusing.

It’s also the fastest grind to max gear that we’ve ever had. It’s 19 gear sets and you’ll get half of a gear set just from one veteran FP. Do harder content and get better gear.

Once you’re at 306, you use Tech Fragments to buy tacticals and set bonus shells on the fleet.

You get mods via the RNG vendor or drops, which is admittedly an annoying way to get mods.

Can’t speak for crafting, however.

It’s also the fastest grind to max gear that we’ve ever had. It’s 19 gear sets and you’ll get half of a gear set just from one veteran FP. Do harder content and get better gear.

Once you’re at 306, you use Tech Fragments to buy tacticals and set bonus shells on the fleet.

You get mods via the RNG vendor or drops, which is admittedly an annoying way to get mods.

Don't forget the 1 million credits for each... one.

Confusing? Yes it is, just as it is pointless (the majority of content being ran at 75 is still 70, the story take a couple hours tops, far less with respect to actual game play / combat, so wasting 12-20 hrs running the same old content to get a few +2 rating items that are throw away on the way to 306, and still be weaker than we were at 75 is insulting).

Also 1/2 a set per run - you must be smoking crack, I've done more than one FP with zero upgrades - and since the vast, vast majority of slots are not moddular, the abundance of mods don't help (I get a good number of weapon / OH moddular - but armor, almost never).

Crafting is uesless - it used to be an alternative to crafting entry basic gear, but with the materials requirements set as they are, it is just a pointless credit sink.

Edited by DawnAskham

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.