Armor shell colors changed.. Why?

DarthCasus

Not only is it a bit disorienting that you guys shifted the whole system but it also makes it more tedious to keep up with what were once orange outlined gear that was clearly legacy based. Why this change? Having to hover over every piece to find out if they're legacy based because they're now blue like typical trash tier armor is another unwanted step backwards, years after you made legacy gear rain from the sky.

Could you kindly put the orange outlines back, please? Same goes for legacy weapons too.

Not only is it a bit disorienting that you guys shifted the whole system but it also makes it more tedious to keep up with what were once orange outlined gear that was clearly legacy based .

The reason why the orange outline gear isnt legacy based anymore is cause all gear is legacy based now.., Im not sure if all gear below level 75 was made legacy wide too, but all new gear in the game is now legacy wide, theres no non legacy gear

The reason why the orange outline gear isnt legacy based anymore is cause all gear is legacy based now.., Im not sure if all gear below level 75 was made legacy wide too, but all new gear in the game is now legacy wide, theres no non legacy gear

Not exactly true for older gear sets, I've a ton of BoE gear and weapons that are shown as blue but had purple, yellow or no mods in them. The new 75 gear, I'm well aware of, but I'm talking entire cargo holds of legacy gear now blue without any icon to show they're still legacy based because they're lower than 75. It's a mess.

I find the new colour scheme very confusing. It's one of those things that I really don't understand why they needed to change this. Who benefits from this?

Previously, it was so simply: Green and blue gear? Vendor trash. Purple? I have a look at it. Orange and gold: Nice, gimme.

Now, all my (e. g. crafted) orange, moddable armors are blue. It's so confusing. Also, it doesn't look overly aesthetical.

Typical case of disimprovement imho.

I said as much on PTS, though that was in an original context not as good as the present one (where item borders change to reflect the quality of the equipped armoring / hilt / barrel). This is not as bad as it was (for a while, in testing). I like the new functionality, but I still wish that empty non-CM items showed as orange. I particularly miss being able to sort my crafting menu that way. And it makes it harder to sort through stuff on the GTN too, which will impact my crafting sales. (I do expect to continue on with old crafting, even if I'm not putting too many resources into new crafting.) Edited by Estelindis