What do you think will be the announcement between 1/15 and 1/20?

Conundrum-NSA

Post an actual link to something solid. Other than an forum that has other people speculating.

People claim they will cancel or else they do this or that. WoW had less than 1 million subs for a long time. LONG time. Most other free to play garbage has less then 250k before they go free to play. Currently Swtor is much higher than that. Use history to create your opinions before you use forum complaints to create one.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales-data/31584/star-wars-the-old-republic/

Edit: Wrong link.

But again its hard to say either way exact numbers untill we actually get them from the EA themselves, can't remember where was the actual number of accounts registered and not really that intrested in the debate over it since its still not going to be accurate untill bioware tells us the actual numbers.

The actual point when a game goes to free to play is when the microtransactions are worth more as a business plan then content patches as a constant stream, the number 250k really dosn't hold a candle in a rain when it comes down to what is more beneficial for a company, what about the mmo's launched free to play? Mind you alot of asian free to play mmo's are hugely popular as well, we just don't talk of them in western gaming market.

And I have done my history lessons, quite well infact. I also am able to see when something is being pure trolling and jumping on one fact that one can't proof as your only argument and hoping rest of it falls apart.

Edited by Sohtaraz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally Im gonna hope for "We fixed the launcher and deleted all the corrupted files our downloader has been giving you, you should now be able to install the game.... Oh, and thanks for your money while you've been sitting there redownloading the game over and over and over again :p "

It's almost a given they will announce something during that timeframe to entice people to sub for another month, any guess what you think it will be?

:rolleyes:

they don't need to, i've already sub for the next six months. I love the game the way it is now.

Not to mention were talking about EA, Lucas Arts and Bioware. Throw in Ubisoft and Activison and you have the axis of gamingevil when it comes to customers in one location.

Ofcourse they will announce something huge at near end of subscriptions considering the rate they are losing them, before that even would be a better bet, but the saver bet nontheless is that they will announce something big.

This statement is ludicrous.

There are no subscriptions yet to be canceled or lost, we are still in the phase where you can only count retail box (or digital download) sales. Now there is going to be an attachment rate of this box sales to subscriptions, however it will never be 100%.

But the period of time when a player can move from box sale to subscriber is based upon when they start playing. There will be a big influx of subscribers on/around 1/20 and then smaller groups every day after that. As long as the group of people starting new subscriptions outpaces those who cancel, the player base is growing.

If you think that the player base for SWTOR will not be increasing day after day, month after month, well, to be polite, we are going to have to agree to disagree.

I based my gut instincts on a few data points:

1: No real marketing has happened for this game, and the longer it goes without broad scale marketing the better the sign that the player base is going. Don’t believe me think about how quickly Rift ads appeared on TV.

2: No free trial client. This is another marketing method to get more players to buy the retail game and then some percentage of them subscribe (attach).

3: Everyone that I play with (30+ person guild), most of whom came over from WoW, are all still playing and plan to continue to play after their free 30 days.

4: I personally know of 6 people who are waiting for the timing to be right (pay day, finish Skyrim, etc.) to start playing.

I get that the internet is all about hyperbole but when debating it's better to be pragmatic.

They will announce legendaries, pets and mounts to keep people interested in a crappy game.

Oh wait, that's Blizzard.

Idd, one of the greatest game makers of all time and creators of most succesfull mmorpg that no competitor has even got close to and this is one of em. they were so far ahead of time that TOR at 2011 cant even beat gameplay, character response or MMO feeling that Blizzard made at 2004. Bioware is good at making single player games, although this time they failed on this one.

You guys are the same people who come the 15th will start whining threads saying "WHERE IS THE ANNOUNCEMENT?" right? Despite them never saying there will be one.

A week before subs are renewed they will try to entice us. Currently, there's little reason to stay on. Too many bugs and their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with.

It's almost a given they will announce something during that timeframe to entice people to sub for another month, any guess what you think it will be?

Maybe they announce a new planet with inhabitants much in the sense of teh mystical pandarians. Ohw ok maybe just ewok town, where you can eat a nice delicious soup and hang out with non talking ape like creatures which start to talk or try...