6.0 RIP Huttball?

EmperorRus

Tactical Overdrive – Resets the cooldown of Stim Boost, Recuperative Nanotech, Volatile Substance, and Lethal Strike, charges Exfiltrate and increases your Mastery by 15% for 12 seconds

https://clips.twitch.tv/HungrySucculentVultureJonCarnage

Operatives can skip all of the traps and walkway confusion by just rolling 6 times in a row. Basically once they get the ball it's an automatic goal.

Edited by EmperorRus

Right now operatives are only allowed 2 rolls and then a global cool down. What we saw was 2 rolls in 3 successiona with almost no cool down at all.......

Yeah, true I guess, but I didn’t see anyone but one person try to stop him.... so it won’t make any difference to the quality of the games.

Yeah, true I guess, but I didn’t see anyone but one person try to stop him.... so it won’t make any difference to the quality of the games.

If they can roll 6 times, it doesn't matter. Give them 1 healer and no one will be able to stop them, unless the whole team is there focusing. Which 95% of the time most people are just off doing their own thing. This needs a nerf. There should be no reason why they have that much mobility. Also once their CC bar is full....nothing is stopping them.

Edited by Grymmjow

If they can roll 6 times, it doesn't matter. Give them 1 healer and no one will be able to stop them, unless the whole team is there focusing. Which 95% of the time most people are just off doing their own thing. This needs a nerf. There should be no reason why they have that much mobility. Also once their CC bar is full....nothing is stopping them.

It doesn’t matter if they can teleport to the line with the ball. Nobody try’s playing HB anymore and that was my point,

I can literally pick up the ball on any class and run it to the line now with zero inference about 50% of the time. It wouldn’t matter if I had 6 rolls or zero.

Now if they fix all the other issues around Hutt Ball (like getting people to try), which are more important IMHO, then we can worry if an operative can roll 6 times.

If they can roll 6 times when it goes live, the only change in HB is it will be over faster and people won’t be able to farm numbers. Which is better than playing for 10 minutes with no one trying. Or having to requeue every few minutes when you pop another HB and realise no one is trying to win.

It doesn’t matter if they can teleport to the line with the ball. Nobody try’s playing HB anymore and that was my point,

I can literally pick up the ball on any class and run it to the line now with zero inference about 50% of the time. It wouldn’t matter if I had 6 rolls or zero.

Now if they fix all the other issues around Hutt Ball (like getting people to try), which are more important IMHO, then we can worry if an operative can roll 6 times.

If they can roll 6 times when it goes live, the only change in HB is it will be over faster and people won’t be able to farm numbers. Which is better than playing for 10 minutes with no one trying. Or having to requeue every few minutes when you pop another HB and realise no one is trying to win.

Trixxie, you are being difficult for the sake of it, lol. You know Ops shouldn't have 6 rolls if this is true what people seen then obviously it needs nerfed.

6 rolls in a row needing nerfed and other issues in huttball have nothing to do with one another, everyone would agree other issues should be taken care of regarding huttball and it's many other problems of course.

Just agree here that yes, 6 rolls in a row should not go live. :D

Trixxie, you are being difficult for the sake of it, lol. You know Ops shouldn't have 6 rolls if this is true what people seen then obviously it needs nerfed.

6 rolls in a row needing nerfed and other issues in huttball have nothing to do with one another, everyone would agree other issues should be taken care of regarding huttball and it's many other problems of course.

Just agree here that yes, 6 rolls in a row should not go live. :D

If it had been a proper feed back thread from the OP, I would have offered better. But this sort of thread belongs in the pvp section because it had no substance and came across as a whine.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I think it is in the right section.

It maybe pvp related, but it has to do with the PTS and testing so if it is op then it needs to be here.

6 rolls is game breaking.

Needs to be checked in Hutball and any other pvp battleground.

No one plays hutball correctly cause it is broken but somewhat functional. This shatters it.

I think it is in the right section.

It maybe pvp related, but it has to do with the PTS and testing so if it is op then it needs to be here.

6 rolls is game breaking.

Needs to be checked in Hutball and any other pvp battleground.

No one plays hutball correctly cause it is broken but somewhat functional. This shatters it.

I don’t disagree that a feed back thread on this needs to be here. My issue is the OP made a thread with no feed back. Just a quick 6.0 RIP Huttball title and a YouTube link.

That’s not feed back to the devs, it’s a rage thread to garner attention or controversy.

A proper feed back thread would have outlined what it was about in the title and followed up with a detailed explanation. There wasn’t even any voice over in the very short video to explain. All I heard was laughing and German, which I doubt anyone in the dev team speaks.

That is why I asked what the problem was in the hope they would respond with proper feed back and they have not even bother to respond. It was a drive by post to garner out rage, which is why it belongs in the pvp section and not here.

If I was a dev I wouldn’t even read the thread after seeing the title and the video.

Even if they did look at it they would just say, “so”, what’s the issue?

You think they don’t know an Operative can roll that many times with the use of the tactical?

What devs might not have considered is how it would affect Hutt Ball.

We know Eric doesn’t play pvp and he is the one giving the devs our feed back. If you don’t spell it out for him, he won’t communicate it properly because it’s too confusing (that’s for you Kendra ;))

I think if anyone wants Musco to even read about this issue, there needs to be a proper feed back thread with a proper title

And the feed back will need to be in point form so he can relay it with no misinterpretation on his part.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

BioWare, are you serious right now?

https://clips.twitch.tv/HungrySucculentVultureJonCarnage

Kannst du deinen Titel ändern, um was für ein Problem es sich handelt und dann erklären, worum es in dem Video geht?

Ich meine, du kannst wirklich nicht einfach etwas posten und nicht zu erklären, was los ist. Dies ist kein Ort für Klick-Köder. Jetzt hör einfach auf.

Mach einen richtigen Beitrag.

Otherwise I think this video explains the problem.

If it had been a proper feed back thread from the OP, I would have offered better. But this sort of thread belongs in the pvp section because it had no substance and came across as a whine.

No, it's in its proper place on the PTS forum. Also, "no substance and comes across as a whine?" Can you explain your reasoning on this one? :confused:

You said earlier that this already happens, and I agree. Against mediocre teams, I can easily rush the huttball and score by rolling over traps at the beginning of a match. This new ability will make it even easier to do that. Do I think scoundrels/ops should lose this new ability just because of Huttball? God no.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Kannst du deinen Titel ändern, um was für ein Problem es sich handelt und dann erklären, worum es in dem Video geht?

Ich meine, du kannst wirklich nicht einfach etwas posten und nicht zu erklären, was los ist. Dies ist kein Ort für Klick-Köder. Jetzt hör einfach auf.

Mach einen richtigen Beitrag.

Otherwise I think this video explains the problem.

There isn't clickbait not sure why you're saying that. It stats facts and even better...shows them.

Do I think scoundrels/ops should lose this new ability just because of Huttball? God no.

I agree. This shouldn't be removed just because of huttball. There is much more I can think how this is breaking. In all pvp matches. Being able to get to node captures before anyone else then stealth cc'ing everyone trying to take it while waiting for backup.

Duels...get in trouble roll away with hots rolling on yourself vanishing and waiting for your CD's and coming back to finish the job.

Huttball obvious reasons shown in the video.

Once your resolve bar is full.....nothing is stopping you in anything. No one can catch up. This is a problem. I could continue but I feel that it just isn't worth it. Nothing will be done about it.

As a PVP player there are many issues with the upcoming system that seem to be poorly addressed as a whole. The real issue I see here is not just the number of rolls, but the fact that when a player rolls (or uses force speed) at any kind of ramp or stairs that go up the game loses track of them and they are quite frequently impossible to see or attack for several seconds. This is more of a game mechanics issue than a skill issue, and one that has never been addressed.

This is already abused in matches as it is and adding more rolls will just make this much worse. You can go into any match and watch this happen. A player will get to a ramp and they appear to bounce up and down or simply vanish when using force speed or a roll. After a few seconds they appear again and can be attacked. This is a well known issue and has been brought up for years with no resolution that I have ever seen.

From a purely PVP position it seems that they are trying to compensate the over abundance of stuns with more mobility instead of balancing out the main issue of over powered nature of being able to stun lock players, but perhaps that is just my perspective. A solution I have seen proposed several times that would be a better solution is to build resolve over time and be able to use it strategically to make yourself immune to stuns when you choose to activate it. Meaning each stun adds to the resolve bar and once you use a stun break it begins ticking down and during that time you are immune to stuns instead of having it filled and useless while sitting at spawn with your resolve bar ticking down after getting stun locked and killed.

One of many issues really. Its why, in my opinion, they need to completely separate the game modes like many other games do. Then they can leave PVE players with the proper balance for PVE content and still balance out PVP. Neither mode effecting the other. If for example an ability is too strong in PVP they can make adjustments to that ability without effecting PVE players at all, and vice versa. This leaves both communities in a much better position and prevents nerfs and buffs from one mode effecting the other.

Edited by laiboch

As a PVP player there are many issues with the upcoming system that seem to be poorly addressed as a whole. The real issue I see here is not just the number of rolls, but the fact that when a player rolls (or uses force speed) at any kind of ramp or stairs that go up the game loses track of them and they are quite frequently impossible to see or attack for several seconds. This is more of a game mechanics issue than a skill issue, and one that has never been addressed.

This is already abused in matches as it is and adding more rolls will just make this much worse. You can go into any match and watch this happen. A player will get to a ramp and they appear to bounce up and down or simply vanish when using force speed or a roll. After a few seconds they appear again and can be attacked. This is a well known issue and has been brought up for years with no resolution that I have ever seen.

From a purely PVP position it seems that they are trying to compensate the over abundance of stuns with more mobility instead of balancing out the main issue of over powered nature of being able to stun lock players, but perhaps that is just my perspective. A solution I have seen proposed several times that would be a better solution is to build resolve over time and be able to use it strategically to make yourself immune to stuns when you choose to activate it. Meaning each stun adds to the resolve bar and once you use a stun break it begins ticking down and during that time you are immune to stuns instead of having it filled and useless while sitting at spawn with your resolve bar ticking down after getting stun locked and killed.

One of many issues really. Its why, in my opinion, they need to completely separate the game modes like many other games do. Then they can leave PVE players with the proper balance for PVE content and still balance out PVP. Neither mode effecting the other. If for example an ability is too strong in PVP they can make adjustments to that ability without effecting PVE players at all, and vice versa. This leaves both communities in a much better position and prevents nerfs and buffs from one mode effecting the other.

I agree with this post 1000 percent. Well said. Quesh for me is the worst.. The resolve idea is great. Nothing more annoying than a full resolve bar while waiting to get out of the spawn area.. Well except for maybe the ball carrier appearing on the bottom level and leaping down only to find he is climbing the top rung and waiting at the trap to cross and score..

From a purely PVP position it seems that they are trying to compensate the over abundance of stuns with more mobility instead of balancing out the main issue of over powered nature of being able to stun lock players...

My biggest gripe about PVP is the CC, the anti-CC, the mobility buffs that all came snowballing into the game over the last 5 years. The problem is the classes with non-mobility issues are getting MORE mobility buffs it seems.

I mean there's a running meme for Operatives from ages back, "nerf ops," right? It's a joke... because anyone that PVPs regularly knows this class does enjoy the perk of having the greatest survivability in the game with ways to avoid damage as well as the best CC control available in the game.

Handing operatives MORE mobility is going to skew their survivability to a level that is even more ridiculous than it is already. Merc healers need survivability, even PTs could use buffed survivability but not Operatives in any form.

To the Devs:

I want to add, the maps have been rendered nearly non-obstacle bound for many classes with the speed boosts and the holo-teleporting to enemies/friends etc.

Please consider trying to not add more speed buffs and/or mobility buffs to classes because these changes really do make the objective WZs rendered obsolete as well as give specific classes immense advantages in PVP.

All of the "FOTM" classes tend to enjoy less movement restrictions in PVP and are harder to pin down/have greater mobility in combat and there's a reason obviously. If others can't stay on target or pin a class down, they run off and avoid damage meaning they have signiificant advantages over classes that have no way to escape focused or fatal amounts of incoming damage.

Obviously there are ways to counter extremely mobile classes with ability buffs to those classes less mobile but I am afraid the adjustments needed would have to be to buff DCDs for those classes that have to rely more on smart use of DCDs over just rolling away to hide then come back to fight at full health. I'd worry that fights would be too long, unless perhaps just some minor buffs to the survivability of some classes was improved upon if the devs looked into boosting some of the less survivable classes in SWTOR PVP.

But being able to easily escape death in PVP with extremely mobile abilities coupled with stealth is already breaking PVP in some ways. The fact some classes can run off and hide out of combat to come back and fight full health while other classes cannot gives a very big edge to those who can escape combat and go rest up.

TL;DR

I just see adding more survivability to the king of survivability as a really poor design choice for an already gimmicky class that enjoys evading death with too much mobility. Seriously devs, you can't give operatives more mobility. If anything their mobility ought to be nerfed a bit, and if they were given anything in return then give them just a slight up tick in damage. Even then, I'd say remove some of their CC but that's just me.

Edited by Lhancelot

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.