Queueing random flashpoint /conquest points

DeannaVoyager

At the moment, in order to get conquest points from random flashpoint, you have to have all flashpoints selected. I know it's not a lot of cq points, but it's a principle. Why is it worth more if you pick random? What's the point? About 99% of times when I queue random, it pops Hammer Station because someone else picked only that one. I am sick and tired of Hammer Station, but I can't leave it or I will get a lockout for 15 minutes. Yesterday two people left the moment they saw what FP they had entered, so I know I'm not the only one who can't stand it anymore.

Either remove the lockout, or let us get the CQ points from whatever flashpoints we tick or leave unticked on the selection screen. Or let the group know who picked HS, so we can ignore that braindead SOB in the future, and not get grouped with him for yet another boring af HS.

Or better yet: reveal what flashpoint it is going to be before people hit accept or decline.

Early morning GF veteran FP... it pops Traitor Among Chiss, with one level 19 player in group., I quit, but so does the rest of the group, because nobody is in the FP instance when I check. Everybody got 15 minute lockout. When lockout expired, exactly the same group got another pop (Hammer Station, what a surprise...).

What's the point of the 15 minute lockout? Prevent people from playing? Why? You can't force anyone to play content they don't want to play. Things like this will just make them play another game instead. I only wanted to cap my last toon in conquest with one random FP, but turns out crafting grade 1 components is faster and less frustrating than trying to get a decent pop from group finder. That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Get rid of the lockout, or let us see what flashpoint it is, before we hit accept. :mad:

I quit,

So now it's BW's fault that you can't or don't want to play the content?

Also you can simply requeue, or solo any vet FP in the game even if all of your group quit but you need that conquest points.

Stop blaming BW and start doing activities that are not so hard and frustrating for you.

So now it's BW's fault that you can't or don't want to play the content?

Also you can simply requeue, or solo any vet FP in the game even if all of your group quit but you need that conquest points.

Stop blaming BW and start doing activities that are not so hard and frustrating for you.

I can't simply re-q, as I am getting a lockout for leaving a flashpoint, and yes, that's BW's fault. The result of that restriction in the long run will be less people in GF, which means longer times to wait before a pop. But ofc, we can all just go solo veteran modes instead. Because that's what this game really needs: even less people grouping up for content, right? :rolleyes:

I can't simply re-q, as I am getting a lockout for leaving a flashpoint,

Why do you leave?

Simple tip: you don't get lockout if you don't leave.

If all your PUG group leaves - requeue or continue solo. Simple as that. Stop blaming BW or stop queuing FPs.

I would support getting conquest points just for using group-finder. As it is I rarely que without filtering. The extra cxp/conquest are not worth the headache of getting one of those flashpoints that need a proper team to finish.

I tend to just que for the flashpoints I can solo if needed.

It's even worse that when you do que random (all flashpoints) there's a good chance it will bug out and not 'count' for whatever reason.

On topic: I see no reason to tie conquest points to queing randomly for all the flashpoints, as opposed to just getting conquest points for using group-finder in the first place.

That's my point exactly. At the moment, if I have to tick off some flashpoints that I don't want to do with pugs (or at all), I might as well go solo or two-man it with a guildie. If I'm not getting the extra CQ points anyhow, why would I bother to use group finder and risk of getting lowbies in the group. The more people doing the same, the longer the GF pops will be for everyone. So it might be a good idea for the devs to think about.

I don't do the gf ones much, but doesn't it state that you have to be eligible for the weekly to get the reward, and the weekly has to have all enabled? The problem is, if you let people pick and choose, most would just pick the easy one, and it wouldn't really be random. On a side note, the newer ones should be restricted to 70's, even with level sync, you still lack a lot of abilites to do it properly Edited by DarkTergon

People leave Hammer Station? It's one of the quickest ones, you can sleepwalk through it in 10-15 minutes tops.

The only FPs that make me leave GF groups are Chiss and Umbara. Horribly designed trainwrecks. Pun intended.

People leave Hammer Station all the time, because we were forced to farm 4xMM flashpoints for crystals. After doing nothing but HS for a few weeks with several alts, there are now a lot people who never want to see that flashpoint again, at least in my guild. Yes, it's ridicilousy easy, but that also makes it extremely boring. Especially if you use groupfinder and get a real tank, which only makes it last longer than needed. I rather take a lockout for 15 minutes than go for HS, and so do a lot of my guildies. There's plenty of other fast and easy flashpoints, such as Athiss, Cademimu, Red Reaper, Taral V and so on. so there is no need to go for HS, but thanks to BW, one person gets to decide for the rest of the group, that everyone needs to shut down their brains and go HS, or they'll get less CQ points. That's just wrong.

There's also another reason why there's shouldn't be a lockout for leaving a group: people use legacy gear, and sometimes they forget the gear on some other alt. Unfortunately they usually log out so fast, that I don't have time to tell them they can't leave group, and when they eventually log back in, they are really surprised they are locked out from groupfinder for 15 minutes.