Petition to remove healing companions from the game

Kraysk

NOPE.

NOT signed AT ALL !

I play solo, mostly for the story and to play space barbie with my toons and their companions and have 0 interest in any kind of group activity.

I only group once in a while with some friends, and i'd rather never play again than be forced to group with someone else to do things i could do on my own with my companion.

So unless someone starts paying my sub, no one can tell me how I should play or enjoy the game...

Nope not gonna sign either.

Companions are already nerfed.

If I want to play and have a healer that keeps me alive when I'm soloing that's my business.

If I've gotten used to them healing me and my group play is suffering, thats my bad and it behooves me to rectify this.

If I don't I get dropped until I smarten up or give up.

Next someone will petition for companions to have their DPS nerfed b/c ....

And anyway it may NOT be because the player is used to a healer companion, maybe they are just learning to be in a group, not everyone is good their 1st dozen times. In fact there may be folks from beta that are still playing who haven't grouped much. (I know its a stretch, but you don't know why they suck a bit/lot)

As title says.

The main issue of group content of this game are players.

Players that are used to be carried by their companions through all content from Korriban and Hutta to Ossus & Nathema.

Basically at this point if you have lvl 15 healing companion you cant die. Just can't.

And then such people eventually reach lvl 70 and come to group content, and they have no idea how to use their meditation not to mention DCD's.

And of course they die alot. But that's the lesser issue.

The greater issue is that such players ruin the gaming experience of others, making it very undesirable to queue group content at all.

TL:DR please remove healing companions from the game completely and then nerf DPS and tank companions to the level when people will actually learn to play through their class stories, not learn how to be carried by overpowered lvl 12 Vette.

+1 for removing companions and turning them into cosmetic pets

Ah yes... we all remember the good old days when every player was great at group content.

No?

Oh, that's right... players have always been crap at group content in this game!

Seriously, it's not the healing companions... it's the players themselves. And that won't change by removing healing companions from the game.

The OP basically wants all soloers to quit the game apparently.

This.

The petition is flawed from the core. People shouldn't be forced to group up for story and leveling content. That's just insane. An MMO like this should offer various types of content. Pushing it to one side will indeed just push a lot of people out.

Just in case the people reading this thread haven't seen your other posts I think it's important for them to know where you're coming from when you call for the removal of healing companions.

There should be no such thing as solo players in an MMO, to begin with.

If i want solo content i go play Mass Effect.

Again, this is MMO, you supposed to group with other players.

If you are playing solo you are part of the problem.

From your post here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9762111#post9762111

Just in case the people reading this thread haven't seen your other posts I think it's important for them to know where you're coming from when you call for the removal of healing companions.

From your post here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9762111#post9762111

So, I was right. The OP wants all soloers to quit. Here's the problem with the OP's presumption. MMO stands for "massively multiplayer online" ... all that means is there are many people playing the same game at the same time in the same world (i.e. they can see and interact with each other) and it's being played over the internet. If the intention was to force people to group with others and the only way to even play the game was to group then I'm sure that would have made it into the acronym somewhere.

Unfortunately for the OP, people who prefer to solo are not an insignificant amount of the player base. Heck, even people who prefer to group up will often do things solo simply because it can be difficult to find people to do the specific thing you want to do at the particular time you want to do it. Soloing has always existed in MMOs and developers aren't going to ignore that segment of players simply b/c of the OP's misconceptions or because the OP has a bug up their backside about it.

Absolutely not.

I want to decide myself how to play. If I just want to roll over h2 without thinking, that's just it. If I want to claim, I turn off the companion. Or list me for MM.

Just because some people are too stupid to play their char you do not have to punish others.