Conquest abuse to get mats such as charged matter transubstantiator

Visorknight

And not to mention, after the event is over on dantooine and conquest becomes harder than spam dantooine repeatedly, the prices should stabilize at least some. Supply and demand?

Maybe from an inflationists point of view , from people who want to control the market. I bet the OP will love when Dantooine is over

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, charged matter transubstantiator prices have dropped to 1.2mil. Many players rely on selling them for income for a number of reasons as there are hardly any other viable ways to make tens of millions as quick as selling CMT.

1. To buy over inflated cartel market items on GTN. Many CM items are hundreds of millions such as decorations/platinum items.

2. Buying crafting mats. Many crafting mats are very expensive on GTN. A single green mat sells for 2k to 4k each.

3. To fund alts expenses such as augments and buying unlocks etc.

Maybe from an inflationists point of view , from people who want to control the market. I bet the OP will love when Dantooine is over

If the OP was smart, he’d be buying up all the cheap mats as fast as he can. The same as I’m buying up all the cheap 236-240 Augments people are listing. Most of the Augments are half the price of what it would cost to buy those mats.

So far I’ve 50 crit Augments and 39 Alacrity Augments that people have sold under 1.9mil. Within 2 weeks those prices will be back up to 3.5-4+mil per Augment.

The OP really should have kept this info to himself and cashed in over the next month. But instead he’s come to the forums to complain he can’t make easy credits at the moment. It’s very short sighted :cool:

Right now, charged matter transubstantiator prices have dropped to 1.2mil. Many players rely on selling them for income for a number of reasons as there are hardly any other viable ways to make tens of millions as quick as selling CMT.

1. To buy over inflated cartel market items on GTN. Many CM items are hundreds of millions such as decorations/platinum items.

2. Buying crafting mats. Many crafting mats are very expensive on GTN. A single green mat sells for 2k to 4k each.

3. To fund alts expenses such as augments and buying unlocks etc.

You should never buy green mats on the GTN if you are crafting to sell stuff. Even most blue mats shouldn’t be purchased on the GTN.

The only time you should consider buying green mats is if the seller has listed them lower than what they would cost if you sent your comps on missions to get them and they are mats needed for high demand items with good profit. ie, I often buy up cheap mats to stop people from flooding the market with cheap crafted items that are high demand and sell at high prices.

The people who farm their own mats are the ones that can control their costs and make the most credits. People who rely on buying their mats will never be able to make the same amount of credits.

Most people who would buy these CMT are ones that would craft for their own use because the crafted items were high on the GTN, but now the crafted items cost less than making them yourself. It’s no wonder the price is dropping on the mats themselves.

You should never buy green mats on the GTN if you are crafting to sell stuff. Even most blue mats shouldn’t be purchased on the GTN.

The only time you should consider buying green mats is if the seller has listed them lower than what they would cost if you sent your comps on missions to get them and they are mats needed for high demand items with good profit. ie, I often buy up cheap mats to stop people from flooding the market with cheap crafted items that are high demand and sell at high prices.

The people who farm their own mats are the ones that can control their costs and make the most credits. People who rely on buying their mats will never be able to make the same amount of credits.

Most people who would buy these CMT are ones that would craft for their own use because the crafted items were high on the GTN, but now the crafted items cost less than making them yourself. It’s no wonder the price is dropping on the mats themselves.

Are you being serious right now? How else can we get green mats if we don't get them in GTN, not everyone have the luxury of time to go around in circles farming crafting mats. invasiion force crafting requires a ton of mats as well. If you buy out all those cheap mats for your own profit then logically we only have those overpriced mats to buy right?

Are you being serious right now? How else can we get green mats if we don't get them in GTN, not everyone have the luxury of time to go around in circles farming crafting mats. invasiion force crafting requires a ton of mats as well. If you buy out all those cheap mats for your own profit then logically we only have those overpriced mats to buy right?

If you're buying green mats (2000-2500 per) to make a 246 implant that you sell for 5 million, then the cost of the green mats ends up being 4% to 5% of the product selling cost.

It's not worth it to farm the mats, unless you're having some sort of "relax and chill" solo session while listening to music or netflix, and even then there's more profitable things you could be doing. Sending your companions out on the toon you happen to be playing is fine, but switching back and forth between alts sending your companions out is pretty miserable work. We're here to game after all is said and done.

Some people live here on the forums to purposefully spread misinformation, or give bad advice. So take it all in with a grain of salt.

LoL, green mats are so easy and fast to farm... well, most of them are except grade 5-7 colour crystals which are slow and grindy to get. But all other green mats, even those at grade 9 and 10 are really easy and fast to get.

If you're buying green mats (2000-2500 per) to make a 246 implant that you sell for 5 million, then the cost of the green mats ends up being 4% to 5% of the product selling cost.

It's not worth it to farm the mats, unless you're having some sort of "relax and chill" solo session while listening to music or netflix, and even then there's more profitable things you could be doing. Sending your companions out on the toon you happen to be playing is fine, but switching back and forth between alts sending your companions out is pretty miserable work. We're here to game after all is said and done.

Some people live here on the forums to purposefully spread misinformation, or give bad advice. So take it all in with a grain of salt.

You crack me up. You think others spread misinformation, but you are doing exactly the same thing here. Anyone who is buying 246 implants for 5 mil is crazy or has more credits than brains. If you are selling them at 5 mil, then congrats, but I doubt you sell more than 1 or 2 a day.

If you don’t want to run around farming, that’s fine, but don’t try saying people are purposely spreading misinformation on the forums because you do things differently.

Also if you have 8 comps at lvl 50, you can send them off and back within 7.5 mins on rich missions and even less for bountiful, advanced and medium.

That is in no way tedious. You don’t need to swap Alts to do it. You can keep playing any content you like while doing it, even pvp. You can get a few hundred mats in the space of 30mins doing this.

It is way cheaper than buying mats on the GTN, unless some uneducated player is selling them below the cost to collect them on missions (which occasionally happens).

From my point of view, it sounds like you are a big seller of over priced mats on the GTN. 2000-2500 per green mat, lol.

Your by definition of "easy" to get requires players to have alts in the first place with all relevant crew skills. Not everyone have every crew skills levelled to 600 in game. You can't farm run mission mats without crew skills frist right? for example, diplomacy, investigations etc.

Also 8 companions at max influence of 50 for each alt! Do you even have any idea how much credits players need to sink into levelling companions to max?

Edited by Visorknight

Your by definition of "easy" to get requires players to have alts in the first place with all relevant crew skills. Not everyone have every crew skills levelled to 600 in game. You can't farm run mission mats without crew skills frist right? for example, diplomacy, investigations etc.

Also 8 companions at max influence of 50 for each alt! Do you even have any idea how much credits players need to sink into levelling companions to max?

Sure I know how much because I’ve done it on 8 Alts.

If someone is making 2-3 mil on CMTs, they can more than afford to do it. All you need it 3 dark projects and 4.25mil and you can instantly make your companion lvl 50

If you are crafting to sell stuff, then you need more than one Alt if you want to make credits. If you are only doing to make stuff for yourself, then yes, it’s reasonable to buy the mats as long as the item you are making is cheaper to make than buying it on the GTN.

It also takes very little time these days to farm mats to up your lvl to 600. In the past the mats you could farm were limited to the lvl you were up to. Which mean if you were on a lvl 50 planet and your mat lvl was still low, you couldn’t farm the mats on the planet you were on.

Now you can start your farming career at lvl 70 on any planet you want. I just lvl’d up another slicer on Dantooine in the space of 2 hours of playing the area. You would never have been able to do that a few years ago. You would have needed to go back to the starter planets and farm your way to 600.

Yes, diplomacy, treasure Hunting, etc are mission only professions. But if you just send off your higher lvl comps to farm them while you play, it takes very little time to get to 600. You can also sell those blue mats back into the GTN and make back all the credits and then some.

You crack me up. You think others spread misinformation, but you are doing exactly the same thing here. Anyone who is buying 246 implants for 5 mil is crazy or has more credits than brains. If you are selling them at 5 mil, then congrats, but I doubt you sell more than 1 or 2 a day.

If you don’t want to run around farming, that’s fine, but don’t try saying people are purposely spreading misinformation on the forums because you do things differently.

Also if you have 8 comps at lvl 50, you can send them off and back within 7.5 mins on rich missions and even less for bountiful, advanced and medium.

That is in no way tedious. You don’t need to swap Alts to do it. You can keep playing any content you like while doing it, even pvp. You can get a few hundred mats in the space of 30mins doing this.

It is way cheaper than buying mats on the GTN, unless some uneducated player is selling them below the cost to collect them on missions (which occasionally happens).

From my point of view, it sounds like you are a big seller of over priced mats on the GTN. 2000-2500 per green mat, lol.

The going price for any 246 implant/relic/earpiece is 5-7 million. That's been standard for over a year, and people sell them all the time. That's on Star Forge, which you claim to be on. Seeing how just the refined isotopes are going to run 3 million by themselves per item, 5 million is very reasonable.

Why do you keep misquoting prices? You claimed earlier that CMT were 2 million when they were at 1.5 and dropping, and now you don't know standard prices for 246, even though it takes 2 seconds to look them up. What's your agenda, if not to misinform people?

I agree with this assessment. Such as "farming" being the only method besides buying on the GTN. Spoken like a true GTN player: You must buy from the GTN, because I sell all my mats there.

There is another way to get mats; you send your comps out to farm them for you. Bonus: they now gain influence along with the mats. This is great for the mats needed for crafting the base items for crafting for things like Conquest, and since we're talking specifically green mats here, it's the best way to do it. Since, for about 99.995% of the content, you can only use one comp anyway, the rest are just sitting idle, doing nothing, may as well make them "earn their keep". On my mains, I can send 8 comps out to gather, have one summoned, and still have multiples sitting around doing nothing.

The reason I claim bonus? I don't have to buy gifts for toons that are just going to be crafters anyway, and their odds of critical successes go up as they gain influence, and I can send them out, log out, and pick up the mats the next time I log in. I have all 6 disciplines mastered, and I have around 22 toons that don't do anything but gather mats. I have enough mats right now that really, I don't have to do much in the way of gathering greens, the topic of this little off shoot here, having in the neighborhood of 10s of thousands of them. I have so many that I had multiple stacks until they changed the max stack count.

I do gather while I'm in explorable maps, but I don't go out of my way to get them. Early on I had to, now, not so much. That doesn't even include the stacks of Jawa scraps that I can trade in. So no, the GTN isn't the best source of mats, nor is it even close to a primary source. It's there, but it can be totally ignored, especially for greens and most blues too. There are some specials where one may want to use the GTN, such as mats that drop in Ops, FPs or PvP, but for the basic mats, and another poster mentioned Conquest crafting, for that as well, sending idle crew out to gather is a superior method.

You're half right, you have to have the crew skills before you can gather the mats, but it does not require that all 8 comps be max influence. I touched on this in my previous post, but you gain influence, mats and D/LS points every time a comp successfully competes a mission, and you gain influence and DS/LS points even if they fail the mission. If you're working just tier 10, you can send 4 out for UWT, just for the rich yields, and then following the just rich yield gather pattern, you can send 2 out for Investigation and diplomacy, or insert whichever simply gathering skills you like here.

I have 22 toons that don't do anything else crew skill related, and I can finance that exercise with CZ 198, or Section X one time. One run of either of those will pay for multiple runs of gathering missions, I know, I've been doing it for years.

There is another way to get mats; you send your comps out to farm them for you. Bonus: they now gain influence along with the mats. This is great for the mats needed for crafting the base items for crafting for things like Conquest, and since we're talking specifically green mats here, it's the best way to do it. Since, for about 99.995% of the content, you can only use one comp anyway, the rest are just sitting idle, doing nothing, may as well make them "earn their keep". On my mains, I can send 8 comps out to gather, have one summoned, and still have multiples sitting around doing nothing.

The reason I claim bonus? I don't have to buy gifts for toons that are just going to be crafters anyway, and their odds of critical successes go up as they gain influence, and I can send them out, log out, and pick up the mats the next time I log in. I have all 6 disciplines mastered, and I have around 22 toons that don't do anything but gather mats. I have enough mats right now that really, I don't have to do much in the way of gathering greens, the topic of this little off shoot here, having in the neighborhood of 10s of thousands of them. I have so many that I had multiple stacks until they changed the max stack count.

I do gather while I'm in explorable maps, but I don't go out of my way to get them. Early on I had to, now, not so much. That doesn't even include the stacks of Jawa scraps that I can trade in. So no, the GTN isn't the best source of mats, nor is it even close to a primary source. It's there, but it can be totally ignored, especially for greens and most blues too. There are some specials where one may want to use the GTN, such as mats that drop in Ops, FPs or PvP, but for the basic mats, and another poster mentioned Conquest crafting, for that as well, sending idle crew out to gather is a superior method.

I have to agree with that.

Plus there is another method too if you are into playing Barbies in your strong hold or you spend a fair bit of time just hanging out there.

Make a farming node room for specific mats and when you are there or switching Alts, just farm them if the CD is finished. That’s how I get 99% of my grade 7 green mats because farming Makeb is the biggest pain in the AH.

The going price for any 246 implant/relic/earpiece is 5-7 million. That's been standard for over a year, and people sell them all the time. That's on Star Forge, which you claim to be on. Seeing how just the refined isotopes are going to run 3 million by themselves per item, 5 million is very reasonable.

Why do you keep misquoting prices? You claimed earlier that CMT were 2 million when they were at 1.5 and dropping, and now you don't know standard prices for 246, even though it takes 2 seconds to look them up. What's your agenda, if not to misinform people?

They were at 2 mil when I last looked before I made the post. I wasn’t intentionally quoting the wrong price on CMTs.

And yes, they are much lower now at 1.2-1.3 mil and I picked up a few because I know next week or the one after, they will likely be back up again. If you are a GTN player, then you should realise that and be stocking up instead of complaining about it.

As for implants, I never misquoted the price. I said if people are buying them at those prices they need their brains examined... why? because you can easily get 248 ones from the vendor with little effort these days.

Same goes for buying refined isotopes for 3 mil. I’ve a few hundred at the moment because they aren’t hard to get. Anyone paying that much for them also needs a check up.

None of that is misinformation. One could say it’s a community service to wake people up to the over inflated prices people charge for items and mats that aren’t that hard to get.

Sorry OP but you personally not liking the changes to conquest does not equal abuse. I like the change myself, for the first time since conquest had it make over, after the last merge my guild has made the planetary goal. If charged matter transtantiator has come down in price on GTN, good about time. I like that even small guilds have the chance to get them for reaching the lower planetary conquest goal. I don't buy the transubtaniator mats but do sell the few I get from command crates, but really not worth what the going price is. Which is why I sell mine for around half what other are selling for, which is about what they were this week. I may or may not lower mine now, still happy about conquest changes made for this week. Edited by KoriVash

I finished my conquest up last night. 1.2 million points with two accounts. 55 toons total.

As I mentioned a few pages back I chose a small yield target, I had no idea I was going to be able to get the large yield target if I tried.

I wouldn't have chosen CMT's as the reward anyway, I am working on unlocking rooms in my guild ship for more guild perks, so I need the encryptions for unlocks. However, the extra 100k per toon would have been nice.

But...I could have. and if I had done so, I could have anywhere from 100 - 400 CMTs on Tuesday after I spend 3 hours claiming all the conquest rewards.

Speaking of credits, each toon I took through conquest earned 250k - 400k just from doing the content.

HOWEVER

This is not the new normal. This is because Dantooine week fell on double xp week. This might not ever happen again, these two things lining up for the same week.

Next week, tomorrow night, that will be the new normal.

You'll still get conquest from any heroic (i hope)

You'll still get conquest from bonus missions and npc kills.

It won't be as much, or as fast, as you can get today, but it will be more than a couple weeks ago.

My point, for the OP, is NOTHING needs to be balanced against what we've seen this week, or last week.

Can you sell CMT's for more than the cost of buying an encryption? :rak_02:

Not sure, didn't think about trying to flip them that way honestly, and who knows if there would be enough encryptions for sale.

Making a profit hasn't been a concern of mine for awhile.

***edit***

Just logged a toon and looked on SF. 42 pages of CMTs starting at 1 million.

4 pages of engineering encryptions, starting at 1.8 mil

/sigh I remember selling the ones I had stored up from POT5 right after the server merge and getting 350k - 500k each.

Edited by Darevsool

What is your current guiltometer reading? (scale of 1-10)

Mine would read a solid 7 while purchasing the goods, then drop to a 1 after the fact. :D

Honestly, at the time I thought I was just buying 3 of them at 1,000,000. Then I realised on my 3 purchase there were 3. When I checked my mail I had 9.

So, I’m feeling guilt free :D

Edited by TrixxieTriss