A plea for Kira Carsen to return in Onslaught or sooner

It's been years now. She's the most popular companion as far as I know. She's certainly my favorite. Last I checked, my subscription runs out in 7 days, so I might not be able to reply later on. But I just wanted to get this out there. Because you know, a great reunion between the Jedi Knight and romanced Kira would get me to sub again. ;)

There's a good chance at this point that she may never return. I honestly don't know what Laura Bailey's beef is with Bioware, but for whatever reason she doesn't want to come back and reprise Kira, so miss Carsen's fate may be sealed.

There's a good chance at this point that she may never return. I honestly don't know what Laura Bailey's beef is with Bioware, but for whatever reason she doesn't want to come back and reprise Kira, so miss Carsen's fate may be sealed.

More likely her delay in returning is due to the fact she gave birth to her son

No, all Bioware has to do is get another VA, if that is the issue. Hell, in Japan that's exactly what they do if they have to. It be very stupid if they let 1 person ruin a good part of the game we love, beyonf stupidity, hell, i'll fake my voice as woman on a sound card and do the friggin' romance for christ sakes.

No, all Bioware has to do is get another VA, if that is the issue. Hell, in Japan that's exactly what they do if they have to. It be very stupid if they let 1 person ruin a good part of the game we love, beyonf stupidity, hell, i'll fake my voice as woman on a sound card and do the friggin' romance for christ sakes.

may not be that simple. i played another popular mmo with voice acting in it. and when one of the popular characters voice changed all of a sudden i was not impressed.

i kinda felt cheated tbh.

In addition to having a child, Laura Bailey also does Critical Role and has other voice acting commitments. It maybe not be that she doesn't want to do Kira, it may be she's just really busy. Kira isn't the only companion left to return as Lord Scourge, Zenith, and Tharan Cedrax are also still missing.

In addition to having a child, Laura Bailey also does Critical Role and has other voice acting commitments. It maybe not be that she doesn't want to do Kira, it may be she's just really busy. Kira isn't the only companion left to return as Lord Scourge, Zenith, and Tharan Cedrax are also still missing.

I seriously can't imagine Bioware having trouble getting Troy Baker back for Zenith...

I do not believe Laura Bailey is the cause. I think it is a story/plot thing.

Same. People are forgetting Kira was in the beginning of KotFE when all the companions were lost. PLUS she also voiced another character in that expansion albeit a more minor one.

And as someone else mentioned, if they can't get the original VA, they can get a replacement. It's simply Bioware just haven't decided to bring her back.

I seriously can't imagine Bioware having trouble getting Troy Baker back for Zenith...

I didn't say they were having a problem getting any of the other VAs back. I was simply pointing out that Kira wasn't the only one still missing.

IMO ... even if they brought her back we will have little fi any real time interactions with just about any companions any more. If Ossus is any indication of where this is headed ... UGH !

Let's just say I hoping for a better approach to the companions as a general rule. I know that the story has to be told in such a way that the companion is not the center of the plot. That was never the purpose. Yet there is a lot to be said in not going to the other extreme where the companion is little more than an empty meat bag tagging along to assist in keeping you alive in combat. And their entire conversation might be " Have a pint ?"

Yes... I would like to see Kira return. Yes, I would like to see more fun and interaction with said companion(s). I woould also like to see MORE companions on the scene and perhaps ways of meeting them without distroying what we have built thus far in the game.

Yes, I wish that there were at least some revealing information ( previews or teasers ) from the team that might shead some light on the subject that might help everyone feel better about what is coming between now and 6.0

Sorry if this seems a bit grumpy... It's not meant to be. I just hate seeing one of the better parts of the game slowly fading into the sunset.

She and Troy Baker voice Selina Kyle (Catwoman) and Bruce Wayne respectively in Batman the Telltale series, so maybe she was tied up doing that VA work?

Regardless, I would rather her return be well written than an afterthought. I would say the companion returns are about 50/50 good/bad ... obviously that's personal opinion, but I think we can all agree some of those companion returns seem very brief and uninspired. And the ones that are more complex Alliance Alerts often have very little personal touch to them, because they've been made interesting missions that are available to everyone.

She's been gone for nearly 3 years, both in the real world and nearly that long since you were released from carbonite. Another few months to be done right won't make a difference.

I played those Telltale Batman games. Good stuff, although the episodic nature makes them feel a bit short.

As long as Kira's not dead or gone forever, it's cool.

IMO ... even if they brought her back we will have little fi any real time interactions with just about any companions any more. If Ossus is any indication of where this is headed ... UGH !

Let's just say I hoping for a better approach to the companions as a general rule. I know that the story has to be told in such a way that the companion is not the center of the plot. That was never the purpose. Yet there is a lot to be said in not going to the other extreme where the companion is little more than an empty meat bag tagging along to assist in keeping you alive in combat. And their entire conversation might be " Have a pint ?"

Yes... I would like to see Kira return. Yes, I would like to see more fun and interaction with said companion(s). I woould also like to see MORE companions on the scene and perhaps ways of meeting them without distroying what we have built thus far in the game.

Yes, I wish that there were at least some revealing information ( previews or teasers ) from the team that might shead some light on the subject that might help everyone feel better about what is coming between now and 6.0

Sorry if this seems a bit grumpy... It's not meant to be. I just hate seeing one of the better parts of the game slowly fading into the sunset.

I would like this, but it seems like a logistical nightmare at this point. Especially with all the "bonus" companions added that I don't even know about. Various droids, Paxton Rall, Nico, I think I even saw a nautolan...

[/snip - snip]

I would like this, but it seems like a logistical nightmare at this point. Especially with all the "bonus" companions added that I don't even know about. Various droids, Paxton Rall, Nico, I think I even saw a nautolan...

I know... And to a large degree you are right. The field might have to be narrowed down a bit. And truthfully I'd hate to try to do that too !

With the way the KotFE and KotET was concluded I have several I really don't want to see go (Vett and HK-55... Theron and especially Lana). Other folk have their favorites... I wouldn't expect a large number of new faces. Maybe we could "find" a character we like and get to "choose" one. But that would be another topic for anbother day.

My concern is that companions (especially those like Kira) are slipping away from us. We see them less. And when we do there is less ( ie. the reunion of the trooper and Elara Dorne on Iokath). I really believe that most who like the development of the companions would prefer more ... not less interaction. And maybe some of that could be repeatable... sort of. (Like the sunset scene with Lana) .. Maybe a quite walk on a beach with Kira ?

There was a dev. post not too long ago about Kira and Scourge. Sadly I can't find it. They were still working out how to bring them back. As in they hadn't decided if they were going to come back in an AA together, separately, or in the story proper. That implied it is the writers who are delaying their return, not the voice actors, and that their return wouldn't be soon unless it's slapped together.

I don't think Kira is the #1 favorite companion. There is a lot of competition for that slot! Probably top 5, definitely top 10. ;)

There was a dev. post not too long ago about Kira and Scourge. Sadly I can't find it. They were still working out how to bring them back. As in they hadn't decided if they were going to come back in an AA together, separately, or in the story proper. That implied it is the writers who are delaying their return, not the voice actors, and that their return wouldn't be soon unless it's slapped together.

I don't think Kira is the #1 favorite companion. There is a lot of competition for that slot! Probably top 5, definitely top 10. ;)

I think you're right ! Just can't find the thread either !

And I agree .. "possibly" top 5.... definately top 10.

Maybe ahead of C2-N2, Rusk, Tanno Vik, Guss Tuno ... maybe ?

:D:D:D

Edited by OlBuzzard

I'm sure they will return her soon enough.

It is hardly what i would consider the highest prio for the game. But, you will get her back with some voice lines eventually. I would predict in the next year or so. So, just be patient. There is no way to speed this up unless Onslaught is a smashing success and brings a lot of growth to the game.

I'm sure they will return her soon enough.

It is hardly what i would consider the highest prio for the game. But, you will get her back with some voice lines eventually. I would predict in the next year or so. So, just be patient. There is no way to speed this up unless Onslaught is a smashing success and brings a lot of growth to the game.

Without the future sucess of the game in several areas ... there will be very little need for the rest.

Contient.

Growth and success.

Customer satisfaction.

Everyone ... (well most everyone) ... is much happier !

Let’s be honest, KotFE destroyed many elements of the legacy gameplay elements that long-time players cherished ... companion interactions were probably the worst impacted. With the exception of companions that returned during KotFE, none of the reunions were meaningful.

The handling of Kira & Scourge are without question the most egregious handling of companions given their back stories. Moving forward, I don’t understand why BW can’t create a generic dialogue applied to any companion and then create 10-15 customized dialogues that apply to only a select few major companions. BW must have a treasure trove of data detailing who are the most popular companions that get special dialogue. This would allow player some uniqueness in their gameplay plus add replayability (is that a word) for alts.

Let’s be honest, KotFE destroyed many elements of the legacy gameplay elements that long-time players cherished ... companion interactions were probably the worst impacted. With the exception of companions that returned during KotFE, none of the reunions were meaningful.

The handling of Kira & Scourge are without question the most egregious handling of companions given their back stories. Moving forward, I don’t understand why BW can’t create a generic dialogue applied to any companion and then create 10-15 customized dialogues that apply to only a select few major companions. BW must have a treasure trove of data detailing who are the most popular companions that get special dialogue. This would allow player some uniqueness in their gameplay plus add replayability (is that a word) for alts.

Scourge in particular, since the killing of the emperor was his raison d'etre. Lana eventually filled into this role. A Sith helping the Jedi because Vi-"$#!+" :p wanted to consume the galaxy. Scourge 2.0 as it were, so having them both in the story would have been redundant, probably? Though as a former Emperor's Wrath, his connection is more prominent. He should have been back by the end of KotET, unless the emperor is not dead YET AGAIN.

Who's to say a sliver of the emperor still isn't out there? Maybe that's what they're doing. Though with our luck, Kira and Scourge are probably raising a herd of nerfs on a remote part of Odessa.

Scourge in particular, since the killing of the emperor was his raison d'etre. Lana eventually filled into this role. A Sith helping the Jedi because Vi-"$#!+" :p wanted to consume the galaxy. Scourge 2.0 as it were, so having them both in the story would have been redundant, probably? Though as a former Emperor's Wrath, his connection is more prominent. He should have been back by the end of KotET, unless the emperor is not dead YET AGAIN.

Who's to say a sliver of the emperor still isn't out there? Maybe that's what they're doing. Though with our luck, Kira and Scourge are probably raising a herd of nerfs on a remote part of Odessa.

1. I definately liked Lana's role in the grander scheme of things over that of Scourge (ducks behind nearest table !) Sorry ... just saying. IMO that was a good move.

2. I do believe that a lot of players really like Scourge and I am currious as to what part he plays in the next chapter. Hopefully we get to see Lana continue her part. Maybe BW has learned a good leson in taking out key companions ??? (Well maybe that part is pushing it a bit). :D

3. Odessa ??? Is that in Texas ?? :D (sorry .. couldn't resist ).

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to have her return, especially since she's been one of the best, well developed companions in this entire came (honestly, she's a top 3 with just how much depth and personality she has compared to any other). The issue I have is that she should have been one of the first companions to return in KotFE/KotET, especially with her connection with Valkorion (this includes Scourge, and it's even pointed out these two know he's still alive and are trying to find a way to kill him). Another bad aspect is how they even said she did return to try and free the Knight, but was stopped by Vaylin, yet held her own, so why the hell did she run off afterwards? I mean I'm glad to hear she is still awesome, but it bugs me that they did this.

If Bioware was having such a hard time figuring out how to bring Kira and Scourge back, they could have had her show up in chapter 12 where her and Scourge are helping Satele Shan. Another way they could have handled her return was giving Kira and Scourge Ch. 10 instead of Kalyo, who really wasn't a necessary addition. Hell, they could have completely removed the Scorpio sub plot and add that into later content and still have KotFE/KotET work out, where after you defeat the Volkorion, the Eternal Fleet and Gravestone vanish, and then you locate them on Iokath, leading to the start of Fractured Alliance, and instead of killing Acena or Jace, you find out Scorpio had ended up there within the 5 years being in carbonite, she activate a recall for the Gravestone and Eternal Fleet, and needed your help to deal with ARIES, where it could play out similar to what we got in KotET, but with no Vaylin or Eternal Empire, which didn't play much of a role there anyway. This then leads to what we have now, but honestly, there was no reason to keep Kira out of these expanions with her and Scourge were the two companions MOST likely to want to deal with Volkorian face to face instead of hiding.

They squandered their chance to return Kira or Scourge in a meaningful way.

They need to just kill them or turn them against the Knight, maybe have them working together against the "new emporer".

Maybe Kira is over the knight and has settled down with some other guy, had a couple kids, and just wants to get on with her life.

BW might as well have killed them. It doesn't make any sense that they didn't show up to fight against Valcorian. If they aren't dead, they would have to be imprisoned (in carbonite even), or the knight would be able to track them down...

They squandered their chance to return Kira or Scourge in a meaningful way.

They need to just kill them or turn them against the Knight, maybe have them working together against the "new emporer".

Maybe Kira is over the knight and has settled down with some other guy, had a couple kids, and just wants to get on with her life.

BW might as well have killed them. It doesn't make any sense that they didn't show up to fight against Valcorian. If they aren't dead, they would have to be imprisoned (in carbonite even), or the knight would be able to track them down...

IMO... they've been chillin' in the Rivera. There have been unconfirmed reports of both being sighted in Monaco during the Grand Prix just a few weeks ago !

(If you're having that much fun .. why would you want to return here ?)