Ok. Now that Nautolans are a shoe-in for next new playable race - how about Zeltrons?

JepFareborn

"Nautolans? Cool. But here's a list of a thousand other races that would be impossible to make work with animations and armor sets that I want..."

:rolleyes:

Even the title of the thread is asking for something else.

How about you all be a little grateful that we have a new race coming at all before you start issuing your demands for what you want next. Geez.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Nautolans? Cool. But here's a list of a thousand other races that would be impossible to make work with animations and armor sets that I want..."

:rolleyes:

Even the title of the thread is asking for something else.

How about you all be a little grateful that we have a new race coming at all before you start issuing your demands for what you want next. Geez.

Awww c'mon PennyAnn ... just think about it! Hutts! Twirling around lightsabers, bouncing their massive slug-like bodies around, doing flips and backflips. You know you want it!

I am super excited about Nautolans. Just one thing though.

It would be super cool, if we got them a couple months before the expansion.

This would allow us time to roll out a brand new Nautolan character and play through the old content and stories leading up to the next expansion.

Just a thought. Either way, this is an awesome announcement. :cool:

Exactly what im hoping will happen but yea im just excited they're finally playable!

Awww c'mon PennyAnn ... just think about it! Hutts! Twirling around lightsabers, bouncing their massive slug-like bodies around, doing flips and backflips. You know you want it!

I've had that playable race in my head cannon since 2011! ;) I also had really high hopes that the disguise decorations that allow you to become a Hutt might include a little something (not lightsabers or mounts, obviously... but let me do a little something at least!). Oh well. It will always be an awesome part of the head cannon I have for this game.

And I do understand that everyone's tastes will mean that people want something they prefer and it will always clash with what OTHER people prefer and then clash again with whatever is actually put into the game. This is human nature. However, if you want to be a truly happy person and be content with your life, lesson #1 is: Be happy with what you have instead of unhappy with what you don't have.

We did announce Nautolans as a part of our announcement at Celebration. Since it is an MTX offering though we didn't want to put it in the formal announcement on the website as we try to keep those types of details separate.

That being said, it is our goal to work in a way to offer Nautolans free to subs around launch so stay tuned for details on that front.

-eric

Probably the wrong place to ask this question for an answer, but is there any word that existing playable races more specifically are Twi'leks still in development for additional revamp or cosmetic options? Or are they abandonware?

In 5.9.3 patch/2018 roadmap live stream it mentioned that they are much more difficult to customise than humans due to your system.

Would be good if anyone on the team could let this thread know of any tidbit of information: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=814246&page=15

We did announce Nautolans as a part of our announcement at Celebration. Since it is an MTX offering though we didn't want to put it in the formal announcement on the website as we try to keep those types of details separate.

That being said, it is our goal to work in a way to offer Nautolans free to subs around launch so stay tuned for details on that front.

-eric

Huh. Well that's a nice surprise. I figured with there already being 2 lekku races, the next one added wouldn't be. It's nice to be wrong sometimes.

They may also have to consider differentiation, i.e. some species we've seen in game look awesome but may require major work to be able to offer character models that actually look different. Otherwise it's like, "hey, new species, but you can only choose from 3 different faces."

For example: Gand, Ithorian, Sand Person.

My favorite picks I hope we get someday, in order from most desired to least (dreaming, of course): Kel Dor, Rakata, Kaleesh, Devaronian, Weequay, Trandoshan, Rodian, Selonian

How people are STILL this hopeful for non-humanoid faced races, is beyond me. I'd love Rodians and Kel Dor but it really feels pointless when we don't even have pink humans or species that are already in the game.

I also am going to echo Zeltrons.

Maybe for the 2020 expansion?

Zeltros would also be a very unique planet we have not seen in the starwars universe yet. A complete techno rave party planet resplendent with a type of old school medieval Japanese architecture.

Would make for something very interesting and cool.

Edited by ZionHalcyon

Ortolans?

Why do peeps like the tentacle so much? ew.

I want to play a Wookiee class

Both for the same reason it won't happen, because this game has 8 default humanoid models and doesn't support for smaller or much taller species. So you are more likely to see Zeltrons or Rodians first, hell you are more likely to see Klingons in this game before Jawa, Ortolans and Wookies. :p

I am completely excited for Nautolans and so glad they're adding them! After all the candidness about the challenges of non-Human playable species I'm grateful and happy to learn that the team put in the hard work to give us one anyway. I'm totally ready to make a bunch of Nautolans. Woohoo!

That being said, I have to echo a wish for Zeltrons and other Humans-with-different-colors options. It's been asked for before in multiple places, and in fact I made a post in the Suggestions forum about this two years ago. Everything I said there remains completely true today: I still see lots of players, both RPers and otherwise but especially RPers, trying to approximate Near Humans with patch-job cosmetics.

But honestly I think the super easy answer would be to just add a new Near Human playable species. It would be just human models, like the Chiss or Mirialan species, except including a tattoos slider (for Kiffar and Pantoran types, heck add some Onderon Beast Rider themed tattoos!) and making sure to include a range of alien color tones for skin, eyes, and hair. Zeltrons and Echani are the two most common Near Human-ish species I see people trying to approximate and are both entirely achievable just by color tones, and heck the only thing missing really to approximate Kiffar would be the tattoos (though some new hairstyles for them would be cool too, give us more dreads!).

I think the expansion could come with even more oomph if it offered two new playable species, and a Near Human option seems the easiest way to do that. Minimal resources/development, one would hope. Maybe they could make a Near Human playable species come for free to subscribers and then place Nautolans fully in the CM, and that way Subscribers still get a bonus for free and they still get to maximize purchase excitement for Nautolans.

Edited by JediBoadicea

I forgot about Wookies. I wonder if this has to do with body sizes and clothes. I would absolutely love to get a Wookie race, but maybe some consider wearing "Elegant Tuxedo" as a Wookie sacrilegious or something. :p:(

I'd imagine it is because they would have to work on new models (wookie/tradoshan/ithorian: note these were all playable in Star Wars Galaxies MMO by Sony) Probably the reason why we can't get new body types. Too difficult and time consuming vs the payoff.

They would have to create lot of new animations for their skeleton model that would function with all the existing class abilities. That is an awful lot of work. It doesn't help either that they would have to redo all the cutscenes with these new models that aren't sharing the same body type as all the other 'humanoid' classes.

If SWTOR didn't focus so much on voice acting player characters and all quests which is the sole feature of the game we might have had much deeper customisation scope of races to play as.

Edited by DarkEcIipse

After Nautolans it should be Kel Dor, I remember taking part in a poll back when SWTOR was still getting it's foot in the door back in 2011 (yes here on SWTOR.com) and the 4 most favored playable classes were voted as Cathar, Togruta, Nautolan and Kel Dor, all in that order. Edited by RaithHarth

I want to play as a Zeltron who is pink.... make it happen

wait forget that, I want to play as a Rakata force user

We don't need Zeltron's they could just add a pink color palette to the skin tone for Human's.

Adding Zeltron would be a waste of everyones time.

Edited by RaithHarth

I am super excited about Nautolans. Just one thing though.

It would be super cool, if we got them a couple months before the expansion.

This would allow us time to roll out a brand new Nautolan character and play through the old content and stories leading up to the next expansion.

Just a thought. Either way, this is an awesome announcement. :cool:

This is a brilliant idea. Also, after the announcement of Nautolans, how many people saved the name Squiddy McSquidface? (o/ guilty).

As for another new race, plus one for Zeltrons. Whilst they are telepaths I really like the idea of them also being empaths especially for an agent or bounty hunter. I also hope they have bright pink eyes to match the pink hair.