New SW(s) Trilogy based in the Old Republic

Soljin

In this case you should read a bit further, since he has nothing to do with this one. He's got his own trilogy to muck up, TOR trilogy is being done by the GoT guys.

GoT may be a hot series to some .. but I don't care for it at all . AND frankly Disney completely screwed up the entire SW saga. This is one I'll just have to say that and walk away before I get really wound up !

Yep, sums it up. I won't be watching the Rian Johnson trilogy. Rian Johnson made a Star Wars enemy out of me w/ TLJ which I watched after it was out of theaters. Disney can make movies with that guy without my trivial dollars.

That said the Game of Thrones directors films I am very likely in for those... but we will see.

feelin' this.

The Old Republic era is covers a massive period of time. Do we know if it would even be set remotely close to the Swtor or Kotor eras?

If anything, I think it's likely to completely disregard any existing lore about the Old Republic, even from the prequels.

Probably so.

The Old Republic era is covers a massive period of time. Do we know if it would even be set remotely close to the Swtor or Kotor eras?

If anything, I think it's likely to completely disregard any existing lore about the Old Republic, even from the prequels.

Seeing how D&D handled the adaption of George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire novels, they'll probably start mostly faithful (with maybe some minor tweaks to original story here and there) to content until they start making up their own things for the series (see Dorne as an example in GoT), which throws everything else that has been done out of the window.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=961889

I started a thread a while ago about this topic.

My opinions:

1. I think the Old Republic movie trilogy has added 5 years to this game's lifespan. It would be silly discontinue this game now. It's literally the only current and active content in this era.

2. I think the movies by Benioff and Weiss will be based on KOTOR and KOTOR 2.

Myself and I'm guessing many others would love KoToR inspired movies.

I'm feeling like there is a renewed interest in improving this game all the sudden and I'm wondering if that is being influenced as part of a larger plan or it's just my imagination. The GoT directed movies are a long ways out and I'm thinking SWToR will need some major love to make it that far...

It would be nice to think if they do look at the Old Republic they would be respectful of the KOTOR and SWTOR timelines and stories in such a way as to make them part of the canon. (I'm not sure what their current status is....my understanding is that nobody worries about whether they are cannon or not as they are so far removed from the actual movies).

Whatever happens I hope they don't just trample all over what already exists.

Would be lovely if it was a feature length trilogy of Blur animated movies like our beloved trailers.

It would be nice to think if they do look at the Old Republic they would be respectful of the KOTOR and SWTOR timelines and stories in such a way as to make them part of the canon. (I'm not sure what their current status is....my understanding is that nobody worries about whether they are cannon or not as they are so far removed from the actual movies).

Whatever happens I hope they don't just trample all over what already exists.

Would be lovely if it was a feature length trilogy of Blur animated movies like our beloved trailers.

I disagree. I'd prefer it if Disney made Revan disappear. The original character was great, but bringing him back in THIS game was just terrible writing.

I disagree. I'd prefer it if Disney made Revan disappear. The original character was great, but bringing him back in THIS game was just terrible writing.

He wasn't bad in the flashpoints, but he was kind of generic in SOR. Revan/SOR was still better than KOTFEET tho.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

KoToR Revan, Yeth...

SWToR Revan, Not so much.

I'm not so concerned about much of SWToR but I do think the war and those characters should be respected... Basically the characters from the CGI trailers.

All the KoTFE stuff not so much. I could have done without that entire story line. I'm not a fan of massively powerful characters that throw temper tantrums regularly outside of the Hulk... I guess that explains how I feel about Ben solo.

Watching the Early CGI trailers Malgus is a really awesome Dark side character. That said he is in danger of being messed up with poor writing currently.

Edited by Soljin

I would be happy with a Thelma Louise type movie staring Jaesa and Nadia. In fact that was my hope for the Ossus release. Even though they both returned with Ossus, they werent working together in any way during the 5 years they were lost. It would be nice to learn that they did work together in some way as eternal frenimies.

A trilogy about all the lost companions during those 5 years would be epic for us hardcore Star Wars fans. SWTOR is the last bastion where the EU is still canon. Unrealistic, I know. But if theyre going to make up something never seen before, it really wont be any different if they made a movie with loved SWTOR characters, except there would already be a base of ultra excited fans.

A Republic and Empire in a brutal cold war, disrupted by the even more brutal Empire of Zakuul. Sith and Jedi genocide, Temples, cities, and entire civilizations crumble ... Starring, Saresh, Oteg, Scourge, Kira, Ashara, Blizz, Nadia, Jaesa, Risha, Bowdaar, Guss, Skadge, Scorpio, Kaliyo, Lokin, HK, and Vailyn. Pirates, Revanites, Smugglers, Datacrons, Novadives and Stings.

A guy can dream.