I want a swappable purple crystal badly enough to quit if it's raid drop only

Felioats

and btw Sith and empire players cannot have another color than red !

that will be nonsense !!!! if i se a bad player with another color than red i quit.

(and don t tell me you choose the light path because if other sith see u are not red they NEED to kill you on sight as a traitor !)

Damn, my Assassin with a blue saber must be a figment of my imagination then.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am wanting purple very badly as well but I'm not going to QQ over it. I am happy with my red or orange crystal till I come across a purple. If it is a rare find then I look forward to obtaining a rare color. I for one am happy it is rare because I would hate for a color like purple to be exploited by every sith/jedi in game.

Rare I can cope with but as the op said its not right if it's only available via raiding (unless it's BoE) personally I'd like it to come via a rare schematic that's then expensive to craft) that would make it 100% obtainable but not commonplace. I'd also like to see more different shades of colour.

When EVERYONE has a purple crystal you won't want it anymore.

LOL. Typical MMO player logic.

You know that people might want this for Lore reasons, role-playing or shaping the character the way they imagine?

This argument is the silliest I have ever seen in the whole discussion about color crystals.

LOL. Typical MMO player logic.

You know that people might want this for Lore reasons, role-playing or shaping the character the way they imagine?

This argument is the silliest I have ever seen in the whole discussion about color crystals.

You're still free to obtain it for any of those reasons. It just won't be handed to you by achieving level 2.

You're still free to obtain it for any of those reasons. It just won't be handed to you by achieving level 2.

Sure, noone expects that I hope.

Still though: IMO the colors of lightsabers are way too strict. As someone told: Some very uncommon colors can go as rare, but seriously: Purple?! W00t??? You see purple crystals in this game on almost every planet, and yet you need to wait for level 50 to get it in operation, or play the silly minigame (aka. PvP).

As for me it's fine - I don't use purple crystal, and don't really care about it. Much more gladly would use cyan or white crystal if we are on topic of rares, and also I got quite a bit of minigame commendations to buy some gear, perhaps also I can get item with purple crystal - no idea honestly.

Still though the rare crystals should be powerful crystals, not crystals in one of common Star Wars colors (and: orange, cyan, white, magenta, etc. colors actually also do count as common cause we are in the old republic era. They were less popular after the Clone Wars but in the times this game is all of the lightsaber colors were freely available to the Jedi Order members (and probably also Sith, although they choose red anyway ;) ) )

You get a purple color crystal* from a PvP saber.

Just from pure curiosity I just checked all the gear from PvP vendors as well as commendation vendors, Rakata vendors and Columi vendros - couldn't find a single purple crystal in any item.

All unusual colors I've seen were:

- Light blue

- Blue with black core

I checked all the vendors just in case some weapon would be thrown into Armor vendor, but it wasn't a case. I looked into both: lightsabers and guns.

So... anyone can come out with specifics rather than "I think it can be obtained through PvP gear" ??? Screenshot would do wonders.

Just from pure curiosity I just checked all the gear from PvP vendors as well as commendation vendors, Rakata vendors and Columi vendros - couldn't find a single purple crystal in any item.

- Light blue

- Blue with black core

I checked all the vendors just in case some weapon would be thrown into Armor vendor, but it wasn't a case. I looked into both: lightsabers and guns.

So... anyone can come out with specifics rather than "I think it can be obtained through PvP gear" ??? Screenshot would do wonders.

I've heard only Empire gets purple through PvP.

Republic has to raid.

*sighs*

I suppose I'm fortunate in that I love my yellow crystal. I love small group missions but I hate raids.

- Light blue

- Blue with black core

I've seen a purple coloured pvp sabre but it was a purple item, not orange. I doubt reverse engineering would give a purple crystal so I think this whole pvp thing is a myth.

Edited by msales

no myth...someone posted a screenshot of a lvl50 purple lightsaber that he chose as pvp reward, but he didnt know it was purple before he drew it out the first time.

and when you arrive on taris...many guards do wield purple twoblade lightsabers...gee i wish i could kill them just for fun to obtain them,

so there is no argument its against lore since sith already have it ingame...but just the npcs.

thanks...

Edited by Aidan_Pride

- Light blue

- Blue with black core

I did this as well, some time ago.

There may well be a purple saber from a PvP vendor, but there are no sabers with a purple crystal. And there's no way to know what the color is by mouseover unless it has a moddable crystal. You have to actually buy it and activate it.

This is definitely something someone just imagined and has been repeated as fact ever since. At least Republic-side.

And a purple saber that can't have the crystal removed frankly isn't good enough. Once you earn one, you should be able to take it with you as you level in the first expansion and get new sabers.

Edited by Felioats

no myth...someone posted a screenshot of a lvl50 purple lightsaber that he chose as pvp reward, but he didnt know it was purple before he drew it out the first time.

As someone says:

There may well be a purple saber from a PvP vendor, but there are no sabers with a purple crystal.

What make this whole purple PvP crystal story totally worthless.

But I think we should redirect this whole discussion to this topic:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=55121

Yes not to mention this makes artificing a joke , there is no need to buy a saber crystal from an artificer when you can get the same colour in abundance from any of the 1390571395713097 weapons that have them in it , essentially making artificing a useless trade since there are no schematics for purple or white

Im sure they will come up with something for it eventually and as far as people saying they want all the colors available. Just think of how bland everything would be, people are already complaining about there being "nothing to go for" and now others are complaining things are -too hard- to achieve. Too many people complaining already in this game, its ridiculous

Folks this is the same kind of entitlements that has killed many mmos and one that is killing wow.

a giant flying super dragon with rockets on its back that shoots green flames is a bit different from being a jedi who can't choose his own freakin lightsaber colour , it's absurd since lightsaber is such a iconic piece of the jedi and we cant even choose how we want to look

a giant flying super dragon with rockets on its back that shoots green flames is a bit different from being a jedi who can't choose his own freakin lightsaber colour , it's absurd since lightsaber is such a iconic piece of the jedi and we cant even choose how we want to look

oh man :( someone better call da amber lamps cause we've got a crystal emergency on our hands here!

You mean...you're stuck with *gasp* a DIFFERENT colored saber?!

*darth vader NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*

There is no reason to be stuck on aesthetics so much so early in the game. Come back in a year and complain about not having the right colored crystal. I find it both hilarious and ridiculous that you see this as an issue.

oh man :( someone better call da amber lamps cause we've got a crystal emergency on our hands here!

You mean...you're stuck with *gasp* a DIFFERENT colored saber?!

*darth vader NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*

There is no reason to be stuck on aesthetics so much so early in the game. Come back in a year and complain about not having the right colored crystal. I find it both hilarious and ridiculous that you see this as an issue.

the thing is, people want their characters to be their own. They're not happy playing with the mass produced miniatures like you are.