Story Progression: STOP KILLING OFF COMPANIONS

Spyderwraith

Exactly! I like that idea--then we can have the fun of rescuing him. Or Satele was lying through her teeth and somehow got to Nathema in time, or she sent a team of nearby padawans to grab him before everything went boom. Be creative, Bioware...bring back Theron and restore peace to our little galaxy!

Whoa whoa ... we need to maintain the balance! To counter your Theron resurrection ... I'll bring my corpse wagon to Nathema to do the same to Darth Marr and Vaylin :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely, 110%. Meaningful choices should mean meaningful on both sides of the decision tree.

Well said.

I'm also tired of companions getting killed and bricked left and right, and those who aren't completely bricked just get weird. Arcann, for example - now, I can objectively understand the choice to romance him, but personally, to me, it's just awkward and strange. Here he and I have been trying to kill each other for years, no matter if I'm LS or DS or somewhere in the middle, and then suddenly he thinks we'd make a great couple. Like, dude, do you need more time in the mental institution? Because I think you're crazier than a Dr Lokin who's spent too much time partying with Kaliyo and SCORPIO. ...and then of course just as the players who do like him get to romance him, well, that's it. You got your two minutes.

It's just such a shame. I don't trust the devs to not kill/brick any companions anymore, and that does detract from my enjoyment of the game. There's no point getting invested in any new comps when they might get nixxed in the next update.

I wish people would also remember that fans of that "last survivor" were not necessarily advocating for kill options for other characters. I can't stand Theron. I advocated very heavily AGAINST a kill option for him. There was a slogan, there was a long thread with very pointed and specific suggestions for the devs, I had it on my signature. A bunch of us were very adamant that nobody else should get killed and "death shouldn't silence love," as the slogan went.

So it's a bit of a bitter pill to now get kicked in the teeth by the constant cries to eliminate my characters' LI when I tried to keep the others around.

Then please also remember that people who are upset because they lost their LI and are a bit vocal about Lana don't necessarily hate her or want her gone.

I clearly don't love her as much as you do, but i still like her enough not to want her dead or completely kicked out of the Alliance.

I want to keep her around but at the same time, i don't want her to become the sole center of all my characters's lives, she's a friend to all of them, but nothing more than that. And i know that if she becomes the only companion all my character interact with, i'll end up really hating her, which is not what i want.

The only way not to go there is that they stop using her as "THE UNIVERSAL LI" and "COMPANION #1" for everyone and use her by default only when there is no one that makes more sense than her, and that they also include the other characters who are not dead in one's playthrough, even if it's just as character working in the background. At the very least this would make the Alliance more lively.

Seriously not including Koth when all his crew was evacuating the Gravestone and not even giving him a short mail about this was BS.He could've been replaced by the Cathar lady when he's dead and be there instead of her when he's alive.

Not having Theron in the first scene of JUS when he's still alive and part of the Alliance was BS too, especially when romancing him and siding with the Republic.

And giving Lana 2 romances scenes when not giving even half of that to other LIs was BS too.

Edited by Goreshaga

I don't like the fact that they default you to darkside psycho if you use any of the boosts or skip any of the story. DS psychos aren't the only kind of characters the Empire has to offer. Just like goody goody upright citizens aren't the only kind kicking around in Republic space. I've resigned myself to having to run through everything every time I want to play new content on a new character. I have a few through Nathema, so I'm okay for now, but after those are gone I have to do FA, ET, Iokath and the Traitor Arc all the way through to not have my characters ruined. Grrr..... :mad:

You're kidding, right?

I play majority empire and will have to use skip to Ossus. Just who exactly gets killed? (wrap in spoilers tag)

Even though I play empire, and sith, I still let people live to see what role they play in the galaxy at any future date. I mean everyone gets a pass to live, even no name npcs you only see once. EVERYONE.

That's bonkers that default story skip would kill people off willy nilly

Edited by Falensawino

You're kidding, right?

I play majority empire and will have to use skip to Ossus. Just who exactly gets killed? (wrap in spoilers tag)

Even though I play empire, and sith, I still let people live to see what role they play in the galaxy at any future date. I mean everyone gets a pass to live, even no name npcs you only see once. EVERYONE.

I'm also wondering who is killed on Ossus. :eek:

There are situations in which you can decide, but you can only capture them. And they are not companions. Ok, depending on which side you choose, you will eventually leave certain companions. But they are not dead. Also in Kotfe / Kotet there was only one situation where one had to settle between two companions. Otherwise you can always let her live ...I don't understand the problem. Just use this function.

Then please also remember that people who are upset because they lost their LI and are a bit vocal about Lana don't necessarily hate her or want her gone.

I clearly don't love her as much as you do, but i still like her enough not to want her dead or completely kicked out of the Alliance.

I want to keep her around but at the same time, i don't want her to become the sole center of all my characters's lives, she's a friend to all of them, but nothing more than that. And i know that if she becomes the only companion all my character interact with, i'll end up really hating her, which is not what i want.

The only way not to go there is that they stop using her as "THE UNIVERSAL LI" and "COMPANION #1" for everyone and use her by default only when there is no one that makes more sense than her, and that they also include the other characters who are not dead in one's playthrough, even if it's just as character working in the background. At the very least this would make the Alliance more lively.

Seriously not including Koth when all his crew was evacuating the Gravestone and not even giving him a short mail about this was BS.He could've been replaced by the Cathar lady when he's dead and be there instead of her when he's alive.

Not having Theron in the first scene of JUS when he's still alive and part of the Alliance was BS too, especially when romancing him and siding with the Republic.

And giving Lana 2 romances scenes when not giving even half of that to other LIs was BS too.

They might not hate her or want her gone, but instead of directly advocating for what they want - more content with other characters and a more equitable balance of romance scene content - they're actively asking for her to be bricked. Every post I've seen about it is all, "But Lana had this."

Stop focusing on Lana! Maybe the devs would listen more if instead people were making threads saying "I think characters A, B, and C are valuable to the Alliance. Can we get more content with them?" or "bring back interaction with our Alliance contacts!" or "I missed seeing T7 and Beywan this time. Can they be involved in our Republic-side characters' actions?" or "That romance scene with Lana is lovely, next time can you give us something like that for everyone?"

Because all that's happening right now is that it looks like nothing more than bitterness in calling for another character's head/exclusion from the story/bricking. All that's going to come of it is that Bioware's just going to brick her too. It's not as though that's going to magically lead to more Theron or Vector or Quinn content. It's just going to mean they say "whatever, no more romance content" and everyone will suffer.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

As the title suggests, With the Ossus story and Jedi Under Siege coming into play I would like for the writing team to stop killing off my companions.

WHY oh why do people title a thread, then write "as the title suggests" (as if the person reading it suddenly has no idea what the thread is about) and then immediately RESTATE the same topic? Twice is overkill... three times right away is just silly.

If your statement/question/demand is in the title, please do NOT then proceed to tell us it's in the title and then tell us what the title says. Say it. Support it. End it. Great!

They might not hate her or want her gone, but instead of directly advocating for what they want - more content with other characters and a more equitable balance of romance scene content - they're actively asking for her to be bricked. Every post I've seen about it is all, "But Lana had this."

Stop focusing on Lana! Maybe the devs would listen more if instead people were making threads saying "I think characters A, B, and C are valuable to the Alliance. Can we get more content with them?" or "bring back interaction with our Alliance contacts!" or "I missed seeing T7 and Beywan this time. Can they be involved in our Republic-side characters' actions?" or "That romance scene with Lana is lovely, next time can you give us something like that for everyone?"

Because all that's happening right now is that it looks like nothing more than bitterness in calling for another character's head/exclusion from the story/bricking. All that's going to come of it is that Bioware's just going to brick her too. It's not as though that's going to magically lead to more Theron or Vector or Quinn content. It's just going to mean they say "whatever, no more romance content" and everyone will suffer.

Well said and i 100% agree :)

The main reason many of my chars have not started Eternal empire stuff is because I don't want to ruin their companions. they are important to me.. PLEASE stop killing off comps. It is totally unacceptable. Some of my friends even left the game over it. Edited by DragonArt

WHY oh why do people title a thread, then write "as the title suggests" (as if the person reading it suddenly has no idea what the thread is about) and then immediately RESTATE the same topic? Twice is overkill... three times right away is just silly.

If your statement/question/demand is in the title, please do NOT then proceed to tell us it's in the title and then tell us what the title says. Say it. Support it. End it. Great!

Because as optimistic as I am with this game, even I know Bioware needs to hear something constantly and multiple times before it registers

You can stop worrying about this now, it's been fixed in 5.10a. Now they just disappear...

I refuse to bring anymore people through the new content until they fix it. Once i go through everything up to and including Iokath, they will get parked and story progression will stop

Well said.

I'm also tired of companions getting killed and bricked left and right, and those who aren't completely bricked just get weird. Arcann, for example - now, I can objectively understand the choice to romance him, but personally, to me, it's just awkward and strange. Here he and I have been trying to kill each other for years, no matter if I'm LS or DS or somewhere in the middle, and then suddenly he thinks we'd make a great couple. Like, dude, do you need more time in the mental institution? Because I think you're crazier than a Dr Lokin who's spent too much time partying with Kaliyo and SCORPIO. ...and then of course just as the players who do like him get to romance him, well, that's it. You got your two minutes.

It's just such a shame. I don't trust the devs to not kill/brick any companions anymore, and that does detract from my enjoyment of the game. There's no point getting invested in any new comps when they might get nixxed in the next update.

In the case of Arcann, I don't feel he can can't towards the bricking. Though the coming to love you aspect, I can see from a SW point of view.

But the point is, Arcann doesn't get to count as being part of the LI's and bricking, because he was never meant to be an LI, he was meant to be dead or alive and the romance came later by those most likely wanting a human force using male rather than any real love for him, for their characters.

You're kidding, right?

If you're Empire Bounty hunter Sith Inquisitor or Agent the game automatically

Saves Torian and kills off Vette

Kills Senya and Arcann

Kills off Koth

Kills off Theron

Kills Jace Malcom in Iokath

Republic is basically exact opposite of all the empire story

More companions need to be killed off. There are too many.

Half of the Companions are from Star Fortresses. Don't get them by not finishing Star fortresses.

CORE companions we've known since launch, No they do not need killed off

Edited by Spyderwraith

If you're Empire Bounty hunter Sith Inquisitor or Agent the game automatically

Saves Torian and kills off Vette

Kills Senya and Arcann

Kills off Koth

Kills off Theron

Kills Jace Malcom in Iokath

Republic is basically exact opposite of all the empire story

The Torian / Vette is true, unless you're playing a SW, then Vette is saved by default.

I think the default choice concerning Theron is that he lives and is still part of the Alliance, iirc i skiped Copero / Nathema on an old IA and Theron was alive during Ossus

The best solution to using a boost is to go through a scene similar to a conversation and it gives you choices of what you would have done in major quest choices and that would allow you to choose your alignment and so on, similar to how they did it with the Mass Effect Trilogy....well before they killed it with the crap ME3 ending.

Witcher 3 did this well also, there was a short questionnaire built in as a mission that asked you what happened in the events of Witcher 3.

Who's side you were on during this battle

what happened to character "so and so"

Did you help the Sorceresses

etc

and the answers there played into the missions later on

they didn't just arbitrarily choose for you. they gave you an option to automatically have the game simulate it yes, but they let you have the option of choosing manually without playing through the entire game and importing the save files.