Companion Bugs in 5.10

Kataret

I just got my response from customer service. They assured me it is a known bug that will be fixed in a future game update. I am not holding my breath!

It may be a long ways off, but at least we know a fix for Quinn is coming... eventually. I just hope the several other bugged companions like Koth and Khem aren't forgotten. :confused:

Edited by Kataret

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't do the Paxton Rall alliance alert yet because I heard about all the bugs happening and wanted to be safe. But a few of my companions such as Darth Hexid, Master Ranos, Raina Temple, had their influence level reset to 1 anyways.

Strange. Did this happen just randomly? Or did it happen after starting the Ossus quests? Or something else?

Ok, if this hasn’t been said already (didn’t see it in the list on the first post and don’t feel like digging through the entire thread):

On my Jedi Consular:

Sided with empire on Iokath and republic on Ossus - both Empress Acina and Jace Malcom are flagged as having died trying to control the Iokath superweapon.

Both Qyzen Fess and C2-N2 are listed twice - once in “other followers” (I completed their quests before finishing kotfe) and once in “unavailable companions”.

All others seem to be fine, apparently everything else that could be an issue my choices matched the default for a republic character.

Edited by VelvetSanity

There is a bug that has been around since the release of KOTFE. Whenever I right clicked on the old companions like Jaesa and Vette, they would talk but their lips were not moving. It annoys me even though it does not impact gameplay. Also, when I right clicked on Kaliyo, she would not talk and instead an error message would pop up saying she's not available for conversation. I hope this could be fixed one day. Interestingly, the new companions like Lana and Theron do not have this issue.

What are the odds of this getting fixed properly? I wanted as many companions on my main character but this bug made Koth Vortena "The Exiled Officer" even though I made sure he would not misbehave, so to speak. This breaks my main character and I would rather not roll a new one only to avoid doing Jedi Under Siege until this is fixed. Has BioWare acknowledged this at all?

Hi everyone,

so, I was playing yesterday and found out a new character that is bugged whit a customization : Torian Cadera.

It was kind of weird to play the chapter 14 : Mandalore's revenge with my Bounty Hunter only to find out that Torian was faceless because of the "Torian Cadera 5 customization" (found on Belsavis).

So, I guess this is one more companion to add to the list ^^'.

I hope they will fix all this soon =/.

Hi everyone,

so, I was playing yesterday and found out a new character that is bugged whit a customization : Torian Cadera.

It was kind of weird to play the chapter 14 : Mandalore's revenge with my Bounty Hunter only to find out that Torian was faceless because of the "Torian Cadera 5 customization" (found on Belsavis).

So, I guess this is one more companion to add to the list ^^'.

I hope they will fix all this soon =/.

Ah, yes another faceless bug issue. Shall be added! :eek:

I Have encountered a bug with the new companion Major Anri.

On Ossus during the first mission, you are required to "Scan Designated Site for Signs of Brax", when I arrive at the location indicated on the map an ability called "Launch Scanning Probe" appears above my ability bars. I activate this ability and a message appears in RED text saying "You must have Major Anri with you to do this.". The problem that I have is that not only is Major Anri not with me, but she's also nowhere to be found on Ossus nor can she be summoned via the Companion & Contacts window.

This prevents me from starting the Ossus quest.

Same issue here!

EDIT: I just got my response from customer service. They assured me it is a known bug that will be fixed in a future game update. I am not holding my breath!

That is their stock response for every bug. I'm pretty sure it's just an automated response that has nothing to do with what your ticket said. I've seen bugs go 5 years that were going to be fixed in a future update. :rolleyes:

Now I haven't gotten very far in Ossus. I made a new character to play it since there were so many bugs, then promptly lost my new guy's face. He lost Nico Okarr, yet he has both Quinn and Dorne.

Tangentially, when I'm on Ossus, Tau is the only one who shows up as available to craft, so I can't craft while on Ossus. Wasn't that the point of separating the crafting panel from the companion summon panel? So they could force us to play with select companions, but still be able to craft with the rest?

well new playthrough because my main char is bugged to hell, isnt even registering that its done the dlcs le sigh, but on the new playthrough ive romanced lana beniko on every step yet at chapter 9 its bugged again. im not sure why im paying for subs anymore.

Well I'm gonna be rightly angry if they don't fix THEIR mess. I never asked to lose Quinn or Koth and what, does that mean from now on every Warrior I do will lose Quinn and every Imperial I do will lose Koth through no fault of their own? That's messed up beyond all belief. So now my Warrior who had Quinn is completely bricked UNLESS I replay him and get him to 300 and his current 248 level all over again and then I'm forced to completely change his character and decisions on Iokath just so he can keep Quinn? Hell no. :mad:

They need to fix this. This was their fault, not mine. You can't just brick characters and companions (especially romance options) because you can't keep your stupid auto completer from over riding player choice. What the f**k.

I know Right!

Customer Services response to my romance relationship with Theron disappearing as being my fault and reminded me that the choices that we make in the conversations matter ans effect our game. I want to scream "I know that is why I choose to romance him and be in a relationship with him!"

And then if they are just going to auto complete everything as you say over riding player choices, the I guess our choices really don't matter.

They also blame my mission Unmasked Regret not be available because I started Jedi Under Siege, guess what I haven't started Jedi Under Siege it is still in my mission terminal on my ship waiting to be accepted.

They basically just refuse to accept blame and refuse to fix anything.

Here's another: Nadia Grell is completely mute in combat now, regardless of role.

I know returning vanilla companions have had an ongoing issue since KotFE where they say the voice lines of other class companions when in non-default roles (or in default roles, in cases like Iresso), but in the case of Nadia, she simply says nothing whatsoever in combat. Damage, Healing, Tank — nothing I switch her to fixes it. At least with the other companions, you can get them to say SOMETHING by switching their role, but sadly, not with the new Nadia.

I know battle banter is a very minor detail, but combat feels very silent and lonely without her droning on about the horror of violence or some such.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm playing on a Consular who previously had (and now rekindled) a relationship with her.

Sadly this has been a issue ever since 4.0 with KOTFE. When they took away your companions, they deleted all the old coding to make new copies of them with new coding, but they didn't simple copy and paste, because then they couldn't add <REDACTED> into the game, since the original game coding prevented it. So they came up with this storyline idea to give a reason for all the companions going bye bye and getting the original game coding for the companions deleted.

What first gave me the idea to check it, was the location voice lines were not popping for me on characters that had started KOTFE already but they were still popping on my characters that had not started it. So I started testing with specific companions. And I found that companions that had not been added to the storyline of KOTFE onward yet, but still could get them from the terminal, still had their location voice lines, but once they were added to the storyline and removed off the terminal, they had their location voice lines deleted. Now, I also found out that with the bugs galore with Iokath and with Elara and Quinn, they stopped adding companions to the storyline and just making them listed as companions. (Which still didn't restore their location voice lines, but it did not remove them from the terminal prior to their storyline part. Unlike Jorgan, T7 and others who are removed from the terminal as soon as you start the storyline and not just right before you start the storyline where they get added.)

And right after that was when they started the companions only returning for the original classes. (Imo, its both due to the technical coding mess and issues, and because it takes too many resources for them (storyline, voice over and writing) to make up reasons as to why each companion would work with each class, so they stopped and went back on their semi-promise for all the companions on all classes. (Which imo was a cover for the real reason of them removing all companions was to add <REDACTED>, but I digress.)

Sadly these voice lines not activating in combat are also tied to them deleting the original companion game coding, hence why specifically Nadia, but others as well, do not say anything during combat. Because the coding that triggers the voice lines before (from the original vanilla storyline up to Ziost), has been deleted and was not replaced with new voice lines, since they don't copy and paste the original companion game coding. Its also why we had (and still do sometimes) all the romance bugs during 4.0 launch and beyond. Because even though you remember locking in different romances, and flagging them. Because the game coding for that companion that flagged you had a romance with them, was deleted with KOTFE (and remember, it only gets deleted from that character once they start KOTFE or anything afterwards. It is still there for characters that have not progressed beyond it.) and put to defaults.

Sadly, I don't think there is a fix for these issues, beyond just copy and pasting from the original game files, which I don't think they will do, since it would prevent them from adding <REDACTED> and since they sadly already made the promise for that, they have to stick to it or deal with the wrath of people over that issue as well. Its a lose/lose situation.

That is their stock response for every bug. I'm pretty sure it's just an automated response that has nothing to do with what your ticket said. I've seen bugs go 5 years that were going to be fixed in a future update. :rolleyes:

Now I haven't gotten very far in Ossus. I made a new character to play it since there were so many bugs, then promptly lost my new guy's face. He lost Nico Okarr, yet he has both Quinn and Dorne.

Tangentially, when I'm on Ossus, Tau is the only one who shows up as available to craft, so I can't craft while on Ossus. Wasn't that the point of separating the crafting panel from the companion summon panel? So they could force us to play with select companions, but still be able to craft with the rest?

Your in the storyline still. You have to complete the ENTIRE storyline, and then the rest of the companions show up in the crafting tab.

Do I think this is VERY stupid, yes. But there is a way around it.

I know Right!

Customer Services response to my romance relationship with Theron disappearing as being my fault and reminded me that the choices that we make in the conversations matter ans effect our game. I want to scream "I know that is why I choose to romance him and be in a relationship with him!"

And then if they are just going to auto complete everything as you say over riding player choices, the I guess our choices really don't matter.

They also blame my mission Unmasked Regret not be available because I started Jedi Under Siege, guess what I haven't started Jedi Under Siege it is still in my mission terminal on my ship waiting to be accepted.

They basically just refuse to accept blame and refuse to fix anything.

This is why we have been having flagging bugs since KOTFE. Auto-completing and deleting coding with choices in them, ruins the game. Because once its done for one player, it seeps into other players at different timelines of game play.

There is a bug that has been around since the release of KOTFE. Whenever I right clicked on the old companions like Jaesa and Vette, they would talk but their lips were not moving. It annoys me even though it does not impact gameplay. Also, when I right clicked on Kaliyo, she would not talk and instead an error message would pop up saying she's not available for conversation. I hope this could be fixed one day. Interestingly, the new companions like Lana and Theron do not have this issue.

Look at my other response in this thread, it explains why. But basically, its because the original game coding for the companions got deleted. Including the lips moving with voice lines model. It was not copy and pasted over for the "new" models post KOTFE, because of the <REDACTED> being blocked with the original game coding. So they had to rebuild EACH and EVERY companion from scratch. But with them rebuilding them, they didn't add those little pieces and parts of the coding. They are there with the new companions post KOTFE (Lana, Theron, Senya ect ect) because they were built from the ground up, not trying to make a copy without copy and pasting.

That error message with Kaliyo I have run into a few times, but after a bit or progressing through the storyline, it clears up.

[*] In general, companions have been reported to be less responsive. They sometimes stall and fall far behind the player, thus keeping them from healing the player or attacking an enemy (More details here).

This is what's bothering me the most. When I play a leaping character especially, my companion often won't join the fight at all if they are more than 30 meters behind after the leap. I don't know when this started exactly, but it's been annoying lately. Sometimes kiting (or force pushing) the mob toward my companion) will break them out of their stupor, but if I don't do that, they'll just stand around until I'm done. I have even noticed on Imp Black Hole when you come out of the mission area and head toward that 1st mob straight out and a little to the left (the one with 2 groups of 2 NPCs), if you leap to the first (closest) group (of 2 NPCs), the comp will fight them (or heal you) and then quit helping with the far 2 NPCs of the same mob. I've gotten to the point where I try to attack from my mount to ensure my Comp will participate.

Please add Consular Companion Lt. Iresso as using the wrong voice.

As long as you've added Zenith to the list, Lt. Iresso has the same problem. The wrong voice actor is heard in combat lines often. This is definitely true in healing stance, but I believe it's the case with all stances.

Other classes (like Agent, who had multiple companions using Kaliyo's voice) had this problem fixed for them. Consular was ignored, and should also be fixed.

Edited by arunav

This is what's bothering me the most. When I play a leaping character especially, my companion often won't join the fight at all if they are more than 30 meters behind after the leap. I don't know when this started exactly, but it's been annoying lately. Sometimes kiting (or force pushing) the mob toward my companion) will break them out of their stupor, but if I don't do that, they'll just stand around until I'm done. I have even noticed on Imp Black Hole when you come out of the mission area and head toward that 1st mob straight out and a little to the left (the one with 2 groups of 2 NPCs), if you leap to the first (closest) group (of 2 NPCs), the comp will fight them (or heal you) and then quit helping with the far 2 NPCs of the same mob. I've gotten to the point where I try to attack from my mount to ensure my Comp will participate.

This started with 4.0. When they changed the companion combat coding so that all companions could be all 3 roles. (tank, dps and heals.) Since there are literally only 12 companions now (meaning sections of them. Teach ranged, Teach melee. Force ranged, Force melee. And then for all 3 roles. 4x3=12. Every companion is just a different skin and voice lines.) And with doing this, bugs the follow coding since they had to remake the coding from the ground up. They just forgot to add the coding that let them follow you in combat.

And yes, this is BEYOND annoying and stupid. Since it was not like this before 4.0.

Please add Consular Companion Lt. Iresso as using the wrong voice.

I'll add it, but it'd help if you could confirm more details. Is the wrong voice only applied when in healing stance? Do you know whose voice is wrongly substituted for Iresso?

I'll add it, but it'd help if you could confirm more details. Is the wrong voice only applied when in healing stance? Do you know whose voice is wrongly substituted for Iresso?

I'm actively playing a Consular at the moment. During combat and while he is healing, Iresso has the voice and statements of Zenith. However, during Consular quest line cut scenes he sounds like himself. I can't recollect what the environment statements are - will listen and update this post later.

Edited by AureliaSulis

What about Bowdaar? Is his removal intentional or not? I reunited with him but now he's gone.

Really? You can't summon him anymore?

Did this happen when 5.10 released? Or when you started the Ossus story? Or some other time?

I found another one and not sure if it was reported yet.

When sending companions to do crew skill missions, Theron Shan no longer speaks when going out on the mission. You can see his words in the chat box but you don't hear him speaking like the other companions. He is silent now. He also does not speak when he returns from the mission to report his success or failure.

Also, in Chapter 10 Disavowed when you are with Aric Jorgan and you are heading to the comm. relay station, you and Aric call out to your support for a status update. Theron is supposed to say that he is under fire and can't help but you hear nothing at all. Just silence, then your character tells Aric we are on our own.

Edited by Swingkittie