Servers Back Offline - 5.10

EricMusco

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Month's of planning straight down the toilet:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What planning? What are you even talking about? It will probably take you less then 2 hours to do new story on Empire and Rep toon, and then there is nothing to do again, except grind new gear... 1 day will make no difference.:D

Two separate status updates:

• One other note is when you do the "skip to Ossus" option, you are going to see a bunch of notes in your chat, such as companions being granted. In a lot of cases this information is NOT actually happening, it is displaying incorrectly. You will be able to verify this in your contacts list.

-eric

I still wish it would for M1 and Pierce as well as Arcann. M1 and Pierce especially.

If you're so expert on what Bioware should do for testing, feel free to put in your resume with them. Otherwise, don't assume that the rest of us don't know what we are talking about. How do you know they *didn't* test anything internally? As others have mentioned, there are sometimes bugs that aren't apparently until it goes live. Things can be tested and retested and sent through QC with many eyes, and there can still be problems with variables that were not anticipated.

Lol, so yeah. They tested and somehow missed the fact that you start the new story line and you get companions that died (or you killed yourself), while others that survived went suddenly missing?

I debug stuff everyday, so I can recognize when something goes live without proper testing.

Problem is a text not displaying properly. Problem is a room missing some textures.

Deleting every player's choices regarding companions is not a problem. Is a missing test. It's that simple.

Not me. I used to work for ... let's just say ... a major financial information services provider, and yes, I do know what happens there. It's a bit scary.

I worked for a firm in the nineties and early 2000's which wrote middleware for a Georgia bank that serviced a lot of community banks. Luckily I was just the technical writer, not the poor sap who decided to make all banking transactions relational instead of historical, and then had to put up with the bank client saying wait a minute, can't do that, start over.

ok see if this makes sense. *grabs crayon* You pay for world of Warcraft, right? Do you get the new content for free from them? I rest my case.

WoW tests their expansions though quite thoroughly and dosent do this kind of stuff on launch - extended maintenance yes but not bring it down for the day anymore. So yes i would pay for their product since you know it was tested with a relatively fine tooth comb.

If if helps, I put in an application to EA. I'm a QA Lead/Test Manager for a F500 bank. Maybe I can help with this.

Y'all would freak if you knew what occurs in the financial industry.

Given most of the Western World has just gone through an economic downturn only eclipsed by the Great Depression precisely because the Financial Industry has no competent, or even fit for purpose, risk management strategy and no accountability for when things do go wrong I think we do know what occurs in the financial industry.

All The Best

• Rollback - Looking fully successful. We were able to move everyone back to end of maintenance status, everyone will be able to proceed forward as intended!
  • Fixing the bug - Everything about the fix we applied worked, except, that for some reason HK-55 is being taken away still. We are going to continue working on the fix so that there is no impact to player's companions.
    • One other note is when you do the "skip to Ossus" option, you are going to see a bunch of notes in your chat, such as companions being granted. In a lot of cases this information is NOT actually happening, it is displaying incorrectly. You will be able to verify this in your contacts list.

More updates to come!

-eric

do we need to down load another patch ? sir =D

I said you are getting it for FREE by simply being a subscriber. You even quoted me. :rolleyes:

you missed my point...lol. you aren't getting it for free , if you are subbing, that what the sub pays for, old content, new content, future content, etc. It's THE ONLY way for a person to get new content. Even if you use micro transactions it doesn't get you new content.

WoW tests their expansions though quite thoroughly and dosent do this kind of stuff on launch - extended maintenance yes but not bring it down for the day anymore. So yes i would pay for their product since you know it was tested with a relatively fine tooth comb.

Go and play WOW then?

Lol, so yeah. They tested and somehow missed the fact that you start the new story line and you get companions that died (or you killed yourself), while others that survived went suddenly missing?

I debug stuff everyday, so I can recognize when something goes live without proper testing.

Problem is a text not displaying properly. Problem is a room missing some textures.

Deleting every player's choices regarding companions is not a problem. Is a missing test. It's that simple.

The PTS this time was tested with newly created characters IIRC. If Bioware employees had done that, they wouldn't have found the bug either.

I'm not sure why you've appointed me your new BFF for the day, but I'm not going back and forth with you on this anymore. There are probably 50 others in this thread who are saying similar things you can tag, though. Have fun.

Well the WoW patch is tomorrow actually (or today if you are in USA, I guess), so everybody will have a good opportunety to compare the process:D

What planning? What are you even talking about? It will probably take you less then 2 hours to do new story on Empire and Rep toon, and then there is nothing to do again, except grind new gear... 1 day will make no difference.:D

they meant for the devs

Straight forward question, are we looking good for any EU playtime this evening or should i right tonight off?

Probably best to expect to write it off if you're in the EU/Brit-Brex and be overjoyed when they announce "it's on" at 9pm GMT. While waiting I've been playing Hearthstone (damned Toki) and re-watching the LotR trilogy - I'm a third of the way through part 3 :D

• Rollback - Looking fully successful. We were able to move everyone back to end of maintenance status, everyone will be able to proceed forward as intended!
  • Fixing the bug - Everything about the fix we applied worked, except, that for some reason HK-55 is being taken away still. We are going to continue working on the fix so that there is no impact to player's companions.

More updates to come!

-eric

Really hoping for a HK-55 fix; he is 50 influence crafting fodder on all my crafters :D

Probably best to expect to write it off if you're in the EU/Brit-Brex and be overjoyed when they announce "it's on" at 9pm GMT. While waiting I've been playing Hearthstone (damned Toki) and re-watching the LotR trilogy - I'm a third of the way through part 3 :D

Really hoping for a HK-55 fix; he is 50 influence crafting fodder on all my crafters :D

I hope you are watching the extended edition of LOTR. :cool:

Given most of the Western World has just gone through an economic downturn only eclipsed by the Great Depression precisely because the Financial Industry has no competent, or even fit for purpose, risk management strategy and no accountability for when things do go wrong I think we do know what occurs in the financial industry.

All The Best

That's a separate question, although it's one that's worth asking, over and over again. I'd also say that the two aspects are linked, in that the mindset that produces all those incomprehensibly complex "mortgage-backed securities" *also* pushes software development schedules that make the games industry look like paragons of software-development rigour.

Probably best to expect to write it off if you're in the EU/Brit-Brex and be overjoyed when they announce "it's on" at 9pm GMT.

No way, I am not going to bed until about 3 am GMT, I will play the new story today:D

Edited by Gelious