Darth Zash as a permanent companion

Dylinrae

Can somebody please explain to me what the appeal of Zash is? I clearly do not get it.

Khem wants to kill you all the time and it's not until the end that he doesn't and that even after the sacrifice in the way, and I feel that was just a matter of his connection, because afterwards it's still a matter of eating you.

Khem wants to eat you, becomes friends with you.

Zash wants to take your body, becomes friends with you.

The best of it was letting both of them fight for the body, to bad it was just a Khem win. More fun if it was an actual toss up.

To the OP: I had discussed it, the thread died.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=955493&highlight=inquisitors

Since I chose Khem over Zash in my first inquisitor, I was planning to do the opposite in my second one. Currently, I am keeping my new inquisitor toon sitting at Voss class stories since they announced that Khem is returning IF I SIDED WITH HIM DURING HIS PERSONAL QUEST. He will probably continue to sit there till they make known WHETHER ZASH IS RETURNING IF I SIDED WITH HER DURING KHEM'S PERSONAL QUEST.

We know that Khem is alive and "separated" irregardless of whom you had sided with during Nathema. At the end of Nathema arc, he dies if you had sided with Zash. The same is true for Zash if you had sided Khem. But now we know if you had sided with Khem, he is alive in Ossus and returning. However, the same may not be true for Zash since she is not announced to be returning.

All we currently know right now about what happened in both cases is:

1) Sided with Khem: Zash escapes her prison box taking the body of a random female whom she describes as "not her first choice", and joins the Order of Zildrog to take her revenge from you. True to her manipulative nature, she sits on the highly safe chair to die. I this case, we know Khem isn't involved in any of these incidents, so it makes sense he is alive and well.

2) Sided with Zash: Khem breaks free from Zash, AND HE WON'T TELL YOU HOW. To take her revenge from you, he knocks Vinn Atrius's door, and he welcomes the cute monster to the Order of Zildrog. Because he doesn't (or unable to) think, he just sits on that chair like a boss to die. In this case, KHEM MIGHT HAVE DESTROYED ZASH TO RECLAIM HIS OWN BODY. The problem is we don't know if Zash survived in this scenario.However, WE WANT ZASH WELL AND ALIVE TOO.

It never fails to worry me how so many people want to make love interests out of NPCs who tried to kill your protagonist--often on more than one occasion. Zash isn't quite as problematic as Arcann "I nuked millions of innocents from orbit on multiple planets" Valkorion, but still... she tried to steal your Inquisitor's body and annihilate your soul in the process. How is that attractive at all? I'm not trying to be mean here, I honestly don't understand it.

Men like taming dangerous women, thus the femme fatale trope in most movies. It gives them a power rush, knowing that they can have a woman who can crush their windpipe without lifting a finger on her knees.

A lot of women like redemption arcs- the thought that "He wuvs me soooooo much that he'll stop being a murderous psychopath with the powers of my hot body".

Now that I've probably managed to trigger every person on this forum, I'll make my grand exit.

P.S.: In regards to Zash, a lot of my male friends like her because "I don't know if she wants to f*** me or kill me- it would be the ultimate rush", so you can't accuse me of pulling things out of my fine buttocks. As for women, just watch all the movies where bad boys that glomp onto anything that moves suddenly fall in love with the shy, plain chick because they "see beyond the surface". There's a huge market for that sort of plot, therefore that's what writers capitalize on.

Peace out folks.

It never fails to worry me how so many people want to make love interests out of NPCs who tried to kill your protagonist--often on more than one occasion. Zash isn't quite as problematic as Arcann "I nuked millions of innocents from orbit on multiple planets" Valkorion, but still... she tried to steal your Inquisitor's body and annihilate your soul in the process. How is that attractive at all? I'm not trying to be mean here, I honestly don't understand it.

I have to agree here. No judgment on those who do this, but I really cannot fathom why it would in any way be attractive or appealing to want to be with someone who has (or has tried to) commit huge acts of violence against you. It's not even like these are characters who are baddies to other people but teddy bears to the PC; they've come after the PC too.

But the characters who try to kill the PC, beat them up, promise to torture them slowly, all seem to have these huge fanbases of people who not only find their characters charming but want to sleep with them. It's something that just doesn't compute in any way for me.

And let's face it: the Inquisitor would be dead already if it wasn't for Zash, helping them fighting Thanaton. The Inquisitor owes Zash for this, just like Zash owes her life to the Inquisitor if you choose to spare her.

The problem with that is that the SI wouldn't have been in the mess with Thanaton in the first place if not for Zash. Zash is the one who sent the apprentice to do her dirty work in killing Skotia, and then set up a situation where it looked like the SI killed her, too. That's what made Thanaton come after the SI in the first place.

So as far as I am concerned, my SI owes Zash nothing. Any assistance Zash gives in the SI story is just helping clean up the mess *she* made. Lord Kallig, Talos and the ghosts also help the SI a heck of a lot more than Zash does.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

So, Zash repays you by saving you from someone. Khem saves you from someone. Khem still wants to eat you and threats you for the longest time. Zash goes right into helping you as soon as she's on the ship.

Zash does it for her own benefit though and she does not have much of a choice because of the link between Khem and the SI, i'd never ever trust her, she's like the scorpion in the fable with the scorpion and the frog, she'd betray the SI as soon as she got an opportunity.

A lot of women like redemption arcs- the thought that "He wuvs me soooooo much that he'll stop being a murderous psychopath with the powers of my hot body".

I don’t want you to feel alone when you become ostracized by the various companion mafias or reported for “not getting it” so I’ll accompany you in pissing everyone off

I think the entire world order in history has been going about dealing with murderous tyrants the wrong way and I have only just recently discovered this here. The women that get with them to “redeem” them or stop them in the first place aren’t hot or fan-girly enough.

If only Stalin or Hitler or Pol Pot or Mao or the Kim Jongs or Caligula or all other tyrants had had women as forgiving and hot and charming enough to tame them as some fantasize they are

<3<3<3heart-fluttering-sigh with batting-eyelashes<3<3<3 oooohh I see past all that to his warm and fuzzy inside and only I can bring it out <3<3<3 sorry, victims of his crimes, you weren’t hot enough or charming enough to stop him like I would have <3<3<3 he’s just a big puppy dog and you’re all wrong for not seeing that <3<3<3

The problem with that is that the SI wouldn't have been in the mess with Thanaton in the first place if not for Zash. Zash is the one who sent the apprentice to do her dirty work in killing Skotia, and then set up a situation where it looked like the SI killed her, too. That's what made Thanaton come after the SI in the first place.

Thanaton is a former slave, an apprentice of a disgraced master, who was forced to kill said master and essentially blackmailed the Darth Council into elevating him from noname apprentice to Dark Lord of the Sith. He's threatened by you since he sees himself in you, but you're much stronger so he's going for a preemptive strike. The babbling about Sith tradition was just an excuse. :rolleyes:

Thanaton is a former slave, an apprentice of a disgraced master, who was forced to kill said master and essentially blackmailed the Darth Council into elevating him from noname apprentice to Dark Lord of the Sith. He's threatened by you since he sees himself in you, but you're much stronger so he's going for a preemptive strike. The babbling about Sith tradition was just an excuse. :rolleyes:

I just don't agree with that one. The SI isn't stronger than Thanaton. That's the point of the entire SI story. The Inquisitor needs four ghosts and two artifacts from their ancestor Kalling so that Thanaton won't crush them, and even then, they almost get killed twice. They wouldn't have survived the ritual with Zash if not for Khem Val jumping in.

And other than being a slave, there's nothing that the SI is doing that would mirror Thanaton's path. They spend the first chapter doing Zash's dirty work and gathering the artifacts which are planned to be used to kill them.