Next Double XP event?

Christie_Swift

If recent precedent is any guide, there will be a double event to coincide with, or more likely a few days after, the release of 5.10, which is scheduled for release in December. The reason I say a "few days after" is because BW has (finally) internalized that despite the PTS, despite their own Q&A, they will not catch all the bugs when 5.10 is released.

I think this is a good decision for two inter-related reasons:

1) There will be bugs. This will require some form of downtime a few days after the new content patch is released. By waiting a few days or so to iron out the kinks, it will maximize the time of the double event. And,

2) As this is the first major story-related content release in some time, some (including moi) will want to take more time to smell the roses (or Sith or Jedi). This allows us to not focus on the "ZOMG, I'm losing precious double XP / CXP / Masterwork Shard acquiring time" quite so much.

Oh, don't forget too -- they will shortly announce a patch date in December. The day prior to that announced date, Eric will announce that they are pushing it back by a week. Plan accordingly! :rak_04:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

If recent precedent is any guide, there will be a double event to coincide with, or more likely a few days after, the release of 5.10, which is scheduled for release in December. The reason I say a "few days after" is because BW has (finally) internalized that despite the PTS, despite their own Q&A, they will not catch all the bugs when 5.10 is released.

I think this is a good decision for two inter-related reasons:

1) There will be bugs. This will require some form of downtime a few days after the new content patch is released. By waiting a few days or so to iron out the kinks, it will maximize the time of the double event. And,

2) As this is the first major story-related content release in some time, some (including moi) will want to take more time to smell the roses (or Sith or Jedi). This allows us to not focus on the "ZOMG, I'm losing precious double XP / CXP / Masterwork Shard acquiring time" quite so much.

Oh, don't forget too -- they will shortly announce a patch date in December. The day prior to that announced date, Eric will announce that they are pushing it back by a week. Plan accordingly! :rak_04:

Dasty

Announcement Release: December 4th

Announcement Double XP: December 11th

Actual Release: December 11th

Actual Double XP: December 18th