How many did not Hate KOTFE or KOTET...

denavin

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um guys....

The post is about whether or not you liked or did not like KoTFE and KOTET...not personal finance or the gross national product of 3rd world country's....

Please stay on topic....

Agreed! Apologies, but we had to reply to a few of the posts here :)

Which is why I said it. But why mention that they live in a poor country, exactly? I don't see what it has to do with anything?
How many alts on the forums do you use anyways?

Its obvious, they are not poor because they work. You think Africans make as much as European or North American workers make? No in general they do not make high wages especially in the poorer countries. That is why I used my friends as a example of people with little money who can find the $15 dollars to sub. Also this has nothing to do with the topic why are you bothering me about this discussion?

I liked the Eternal Throne Story line all of it. It reminded me of the original Kotor and how good that story was or the original Mass Effect story. This is what Bioware is known for good story telling. Well except for Nathema its been really good in this game as well. Its the reason why I wanted to continue that story line to see where my character ends up. The possibility that my character is a failure and has to return to my old faction is not appealing at all. Edited by Fallensouls

How many alts on the forums do you use anyways?

Its obvious, they are not poor because they work. You think Africans make as much as European or North American workers make? No in general they do not make high wages especially in the poorer countries. That is why I used my friends as a example of people with little money who can find the $15 dollars to sub. Also this has nothing to do with the topic why are you bothering me about this discussion?

So anyone who works isn't poor? I don't really get the impression you know how life works.

That aside, I don't have any forum Alts. I can hardly justify paying sub to just post on the forums, I certainly couldn't be silly enough to pay for more.

But I am curious, who do you think I am, besides from me?

😳

Oh no, no he thinks we're the same person, Eshvara!

Well, we are both Dutch!

Edited by Eshvara

Well, South Africa has plenty of money, and the only country besides Nigeria likely to have people who speak English and be interested in a star wars mmo. There's also plenty of Africans who speak French and could also play the game. I know a guy from Cameroon who plays COD.

I can't think of a way to put this that doesn't sound patronizing, but it's good to see Netherlanders who are sensitive to negative stereotypes about Africans. Most of the ones I've met have been, but Holland's reputation for liberalism has suffered a lot in recent years from the xenophobia of Geert Wilders and other politicians.

Loved the stories on my Jedi Knight, since they fit well with the concept I had of the character. Not so much on my other characters, especially because there's no variation at all.

I'd love if by 6.0 we can get something like Makeb or Shadow of Revan at least, with two versions of the same story and a few class-specific side missions.

This thread wins a gold star for "Most De-railed Thread In All History"

Read these posts last to first and you'll be hard pressed to find the original topic.

Perhaps... it's an instinctual reaction to KotFE and KotET in order to create balance in the Force? The story was such a tight railroad that... any talk of the two stories naturally gets derailed? (I'll shut up now ;P)

You picked up one part of the thread and concluded I took it off topic when it was your buddy who did that. Read more than just one part of the thread. Stop trolling Also i corrected that mistake like 12 hours ago your too dumb to notice i did that obviously.

Who's the one that keeps taking it off topic? Who's the one arguing with everyone? Ignoring one person gets this thread back on topic. Who's the troll?

Edited by kodrac

This thread wins a gold star for "Most De-railed Thread In All History"

Read these posts last to first and you'll be hard pressed to find the original topic.

Its simple the Original Topic is:

How Many Did not Hate KOTFE or KOTET....

Not the personal financial outcome of whether or not you are rich or the gross national product of 3rd world country's.

Pleas Stay on Topic....

Thank you

Edited by denavin

Who's the one that keeps taking it off topic? Who's the one arguing with everyone? Ignoring one person gets this thread back on topic. Who's the troll?

Arguing about who is guilty of taking the thread off topic is.... well off topic.....

Please stay on topic....

Thank you

Arguing about who is guilty of taking the thread off topic is.... well off topic.....

Please stay on topic....

Thank you

You do realize they are staying off topic on purpose to make it seem like not many are upset over the return to the Sith vs Jedi? That many of us liked the Eternal Throne story line.

You do realize they are staying off topic on purpose to make it seem like not many are upset over the return to the Sith vs Jedi? That many of us liked the Eternal Throne story line.

Yes and if they continue I will report them for doing it....

My intent was to find out how many really did not dislike the KOTFE / KOTET serise and nothing else.

There were a lot of complaints about the series and I know that there are many players that did indeed enjoy the story and would have liked to see the whole story played out as it was originally planed instead of what we got.

The other people here trying to derail this discussion will be reported. I would like to keep this thread civil and productive not a battle fest over who vs who or anything else...

It really is a sorry thing to have to resort to reporting the trouble makers instead of having an meaning full conversation but I will if I must.

I would appreciate it if you didn't speak for me, as I can speak for myself, thank you.

Yes and if they continue I will report them for doing it....

My intent was to find out how many really did not dislike the KOTFE / KOTET serise and nothing else.

There were a lot of complaints about the series and I know that there are many players that did indeed enjoy the story and would have liked to see the whole story played out as it was originally planed instead of what we got.

The other people here trying to derail this discussion will be reported. I would like to keep this thread civil and productive not a battle fest over who vs who or anything else...

It really is a sorry thing to have to resort to reporting the trouble makers instead of having an meaning full conversation but I will if I must.

It had not been my intent to derail this thread, a few of us just got carried away with social banter and I realise that it derails the thread but it happens all the time in all the threads here, there really is no need to get defensive about it as there was no malicious intent :)

I will however respect your wishes as the OP of this thread and keep any following comments on topic. Again, it was not meant as grieving, trolling or disrupting with intent. It was social banter that got a little bit out of hand!

Edited by Ylliarus

I think that the KOTFE and the KOTET were the best stories of the game, and certainly had the best villain. Our character becomes the strongest force user surpassing the Sith and Jedi factions. You become beyond any other force user and that is how you can defeat Valkorian. That whole story is Epic. Reminds me of the first Kotor and Mass Effect stories that were also Epic. It is sad they chose to move away from this Epic tale.

It would have been better only one way. If we did not have to Solo the whole thing it would have been accepted by more of the players I think.

Edited by Fallensouls

I think that the KOTFE and the KOTET were the best stories of the game, and certainly had the best villain. Our character become the strongest force user surpassing the Sith and Jedi factions. You become beyond any other force user and that is how you can defeat Valkorian. That whole story is Epic. It would have been better only one way. If we did not have to Solo the whole thing it would have been accepted by more of the players I think.

As I have stated previously, KotFE and KotET would have been great stories if they were seperate games. It's a point I have seen players make frequently when expressing their critiques about the two expansions: they do not appear as a logical continuation of the main SWTOR storyline that we got in the base game.

When I look at KotFE and KotET from that point of view, that they're a completely seperate story not tied to SWTOR, in such a case I do see the positive things about the story. The base idea was very good, the execution less but still satisfying. The antagonist, Valkorion, is epic, I love him. However, that is when I look at KotFE and KotET as seperate stories. The moment I take into account it's a continuation of the main SWTOR story we got with the class stories and then RotHC and SoR, the story simply becomes horrible.

So while the solo bit is a valid point of critique (albeit I actually prefer to solo the story content), the reason why KotFE and KotET got so much critique lies in a different place, namely in the fact that many people did not want it as a continuation of the main SWTOR narrative.

Edited by Ylliarus