Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why is there no kill option for Lana?

Avashnea

I fully agree. I don't mind having Lana around, but it is time to go back to the Forged Alliances system : Lana stays in base and provides support while we do the mission ( or flashpoint) with a companion of our choice.

The new content isn't going to focus on Lana at all, so that's likely to be the case.

But I'd like that to apply to all characters. Forced companions in general aren't good. I found doing content with Doc (in the JK story), Theron, and Senya as a forced companion as unpleasant as some of you found doing content with Lana. There should always be the case to take whatever companion you want, either as your primary helper or as the secondary one. Like on Copero we should have been able to choose someone to go along with us with Raina.

The new content isn't going to focus on Lana at all, so that's likely to be the case.

But I'd like that to apply to all characters. Forced companions in general aren't good. I found doing content with Doc (in the JK story), Theron, and Senya as a forced companion as unpleasant as some of you found doing content with Lana. There should always be the case to take whatever companion you want, either as your primary helper or as the secondary one. Like on Copero we should have been able to choose someone to go along with us with Raina.

I fully agree.

Running around with Kaliyo was not very pleasant. And Raina was pretty much useless, unless you were playing an IA on Copero. Got killed once or twice on my Imperius against that big droid because she was dying too fast and could not heal me after dying., and that was before its HP were nerfed. Never got any problem with my JK though, because she's pretty much a one woman army and was able to take more damages than the SI, even with a very low lvl companion.

But i'd be perfectly fine with an imposed companion as the secondary companion if i could also have the one of my choice by my side. as the main companion.

Edited by Goreshaga

I fully agree.

Running around with Kaliyo was not very pleasant. And Raina was pretty much useless, unless you were playing an IA on Copero. Got killed once or twice on my Imperius against that big droid because she was dying too fast and could not heal me after dying., and that was before its HP were nerfed. Never got any problem with my JK though, because she's pretty much a one woman army and was able to take more damages than the SI, even with a very low lvl companion.

But i'd be perfectly fine with an imposed companion as the secondary companion if i could also have the one of my choice by my side. as the main companion.

Yeah, aside from any personal like or dislike for the forced companion's character, in KOTFE/KOTET/Copero it often meant that one was forced to work through level 70 content with a level 1 companion. That was definitely a problem. At least with Lana and Theron you know you're going to be using them a lot so it makes sense to invest in building up their influence, but for a forced companion who is only there for one flashpoint or chapter, it feels like a waste.

Before they nerfed Copero I ended up spending a lot to feed gifts to Raina so I could get through it. My Sith was strong, but having a companion who was essentially as useful as the palm tree on the path really wasn't helpful and she died a few times and took a while to get through the flashpoint. Even now I end up gifting Raina so she's at least level 10, just to make my life easier.

I agree, If they'd at least let you bring a second companion of your choice along, I could live with that too. Raina probably would have been fine in Copero if I'd had my level 50 Lana backing us up, and I'm sure that others would feel the same about bringing a strong companion as your choice. They could always script it that the Commander needs a bodyguard or Alliance representative with them at all times for their own safety when venturing into new areas.

I agree, If they'd at least let you bring a second companion of your choice along, I could live with that too. Raina probably would have been fine in Copero if I'd had my level 50 Lana backing us up, and I'm sure that others would feel the same about bringing a strong companion as your choice. They could always script it that the Commander needs a bodyguard or Alliance representative with them at all times for their own safety when venturing into new areas.

I would've had a problem on Copero as my highest influence companion on my JK was Theron, but i could've taken Arcann with me for that as he was the second highest.

Yep considering that the Commander needs a bodygard would make perfect sense actually, and would let you chose one of your companion to fill that role.

It's a bit sad that we can't create our own companion the same way we create our character, i'd really love for my JK Commander to run around with my SW as her bodygard.

I would've had a problem on Copero as my highest influence companion on my JK was Theron, but i could've taken Arcann with me for that as he was the second highest.

Yep considering that the Commander needs a bodygard would make perfect sense actually, and would let you chose one of your companion to fill that role.

It's a bit sad that we can't create our own companion the same way we create our character, i'd really love for my JK Commander to run around with my SW as her bodygard.

Did they not let you guys get Theron from the terminal during the traitor arc? Although that would be weird if you were chasing Theron with...Theron. :D But Arcann would have certainly made sense in the context of the story.

Mine usually have at least their two favorite class companions plus Hexid at influence 50 or close to it (and they pull their companions from the Odessen terminal so they're available). I always try to get Lana and Theron to 50 as well - Lana because I'm so fond of her, and Theron because he's used so much and it makes things like the Vaylin fight and Umbara much easier. So they have options.

I really wish we were able to incorporate our toons into each other's stories or use them as companions, too. I just want my Inquisitor or smuggler usable as companions because I think they'd have really funny battle and healing barks.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Did they not let you guys get Theron from the terminal during the traitor arc? Although that would be weird if you were chasing Theron with...Theron. :D But Arcann would have certainly made sense in the context of the story.

Mine usually have at least their two favorite class companions plus Hexid at influence 50 or close to it (and they pull their companions from the Odessen terminal so they're available). I always try to get Lana and Theron to 50 as well - Lana because I'm so fond of her, and Theron because he's used so much and it makes things like the Vaylin fight and Umbara much easier. So they have options.

I really wish we were able to incorporate our toons into each other's stories or use them as companions, too. I just want my Inquisitor or smuggler usable as companions because I think they'd have really funny battle and healing barks.

I don't know, i didn't try and used only Arcann outside of the story while waiting for the traitor arc to be over. Arcann being there coul've made sense, but i don't think the Chiss would've been particularly happy to have him around :D

Hm on my JK, Theron has the highest level, followed by Arcann, then i don't really know if it's T7 or Lana.

Yep our other characters as companions would be nice. My JK + SW would be an amazing 2 women army, add Arcann too, and they're unstoppable :D

And as my SW is BT3 dark skinned lady with a shaved head, i can't take any other companion and pretend it's her, mainly because of the BT3 as we don't have companions with this BT beside Akaavi who is only for BH and smugg and is not using a lighsaber anyways :(

Edited by Goreshaga

Like on Copero we should have been able to choose someone to go along with us with Raina.

Ouch.. don't remind me of Copero.. my poor JC died 6 times at the big droid and, at that moment, had no money to buy gifts for Raina. The situation was even more bitter because she had 3 rank 50 class companions ( Nadia, Felix and another one) but no way of summoning any of them.

Kinda reminds me of childhood, owned more than 20 Barbie dolls but had to play with the one my big sister liked. LOL.

Satele felt Theron die and wrote you an email in great detail about it. And told you that she would make sure her son was remembered. So it obviously wasn't Lana who said anything.

Not to mention Vinn Atrius can also potentially be alive to talk, although I doubt that most people who killed Theron left Vinn alive.

That's true ... but she's also the only one who knows about my true allegiance ... that makes her a threat.

If you're talking about 5.10 as a saboteur, so does Jonas or that droid.

Your LI should also know about that seriously...

That's good if you're with Lana, but if you're with someone else, i really hope there's an option to at least tell the companion you're romancing if you want to :(

Edited by Goreshaga

If you're talking about 5.10 as a saboteur, so does Jonas or that droid.

Hmmm thinking of that I suppose some of these new characters will have kill options for those who are secretly working for the 'enemy' faction? I can't imagine Malora will be happy to discover you're secretly working for the Republic.

That's good if you're with Lana, but if you're with someone else, i really hope there's an option to at least tell the companion you're romancing if you want to :(

Yeah, I agree! They need to at least give the player the option to tell Theron and/or a LI. In some cases it doesn't make sense for Lana to be the only Alliance member who knows, or for her to be okay with it. If you're going to sabotage the Empire and kill Sith, she should be upset about that.

They're putting the PC (and Lana) into a position where they might literally be lying to their entire Alliance, their LI, and anyone else in their inner circle (like Theron, Arca,, Koth), and that has to have some adverse effects.

It makes me more and more disappointed that the PC isn't being given the power to change to the other faction outright. My Republic characters no longer support the Republic. Not one of them would be okay with sneaking around like a coward, or smiling at the Jedi and stabbing them in the back, and they've supported the Empire so strongly that the Jedi should be suspicious of them anyway.

In hindsight I would guess the leader of the faction will also know, so they send Jonas/the droid to work with you. At least I hope so.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Yeah, I agree! They need to at least give the player the option to tell Theron and/or a LI. In some cases it doesn't make sense for Lana to be the only Alliance member who knows, or for her to be okay with it. If you're going to sabotage the Empire and kill Sith, she should be upset about that.

They're putting the PC (and Lana) into a position where they might literally be lying to their entire Alliance, their LI, and anyone else in their inner circle (like Theron, Arca,, Koth), and that has to have some adverse effects.

It makes me more and more disappointed that the PC isn't being given the power to change to the other faction outright. My Republic characters no longer support the Republic. Not one of them would be okay with sneaking around like a coward, or smiling at the Jedi and stabbing them in the back, and they've supported the Empire so strongly that the Jedi should be suspicious of them anyway.

In hindsight I would guess the leader of the faction will also know, so they send Jonas/the droid to work with you. At least I hope so.

Yeah, that will not be really cool for my Imperial characters as they're all going to support the Republic (at least my 4 main imps).

And among them, only my IA would trully fit in the role as a saboteur, she has experience in that field and very valid reasons to be willing to sabotage the Empire.

And yeah clearly if your character had made it clear that they're supporting the opposing faction, it makes no sense that the leaders of their original factions would believe them

Yeah, that will not be really cool for my Imperial characters as they're all going to support the Republic (at least my 4 main imps).

And among them, only my IA would trully fit in the role as a saboteur, she has experience in that field and very valid reasons to be willing to sabotage the Empire.

And yeah clearly if your character had made it clear that they're supporting the opposing faction, it makes no sense that the leaders of their original factions would believe them

yeah, my Jedi have done everything short of carrying around an Imperial flag with them. Satele was commenting on their 'darkness' back in the class stories. My JK told Scourge she wanted to train as a Sith. They refused to help Theron in SoR, they sided with Marr, they sided with Acina twice, and they asked Lana to call the Empire and make a deal.

So of course when they show up to help the Jedi on Ossus everyone should believe them. :p:p:p:p

Ooops.. Torian is dead ( not in my story tho) and will never ever say another word. Sorry, but at this point the game has become a nightmare. Honestly, i think it should be retconed and everyone saved.

Edited by bluehufsa

However, then the problem becomes the companion just stands there, because the devs don't give any lines to the companion you used.

Better to have a forced companion for the cut scenes, then to have them just stand there saying nothing.

However, then the problem becomes the companion just stands there, because the devs don't give any lines to the companion you used.

Better to have a forced companion for the cut scenes, then to have them just stand there saying nothing.

It's a very valid point, but that's where the "extra companion as helper" compromise might work. You have the forced companion with dialogue but also have your own companion (who is high influence, etc.) too.

OR they could program responses for a few different companions the way they did for the class stories. Maybe that wouldn't cover it if you decided to run the flashpoint with, say, the Nexu from the Cartel Market, but perhaps the LIs on each class and KOTFE/ET. It's extra work but it might make people more comfortable.

Or they could program non-verbal things for the companions to do. Like if you find a datacron and go through that little cut scene, every companion, class story or KOTFE, will react even though they don't say a word.

For me personally I'd rather have a completely silent companion in the flashpoint cut scenes than to have one that is so low-influence I'm dying every 5 seconds or having a lot of trouble. There's one class I literally will never play again because there's a section with a forced companion I find viscerally upsetting. It would be nice if they gave the PC the agency to choose who they want to bring with them.

Lana never betrayed the PC, at most she betrayed Theron. :p

True. She's done nothing but alternate between kissing our butt and bossing us around all the while following us around like a lovesick puppy. Her butkissing/we're BFFS no matter what you do or how you treat me attitude is one of the reasons I hate her. Though letting Theron be tortured and then saying how she was going to kill or torture him (against your wishes) later on is plenty bad if Theron is your character's best friend or even husband. I talked to my friend about a Lana kill option the other day and she said she'd take it on every single character, LS or not lol. I don't want to make my LS characters OOC by killing Lana but if that were the only way I could get rid of her I'd take it too. I would prefer a banish option or she leaves on her own if we side with the Republic or something.

True. She's done nothing but alternate between kissing our butt and bossing us around all the while following us around like a lovesick puppy. Her butkissing/we're BFFS no matter what you do or how you treat me attitude is one of the reasons I hate her. Though letting Theron be tortured and then saying how she was going to kill or torture him (against your wishes) later on is plenty bad if Theron is your character's best friend or even husband. I talked to my friend about a Lana kill option the other day and she said she'd take it on every single character, LS or not lol. I don't want to make my LS characters OOC by killing Lana but if that were the only way I could get rid of her I'd take it too. I would prefer a banish option or she leaves on her own if we side with the Republic or something.

THIS! So much this! But I'd contend that her constant disregard to certain choices no matter what PC says about it is what ultimately damned her in my eyes.

Lana never betrayed the PC, at most she betrayed Theron. :p

Yeah she betrayed him and then threatened to kill him when he's doing the same thing as her...

At that very point my JK, though considering Lana her best friend really felt like slaping some sense back in her head.

I liked that he reminded her of Rishi on Nathema though.

I too would rather go with a talking forced companion than a chosen silent one, because the empty shell companion who was not reacting to anything (hi Scourge and Revan not reacting to each other...) was the one thing i really didn't like during SoR.

If they're able to give at least a few lines for a secondary chosen companion, i'm all for that, but if not, i'd rather run around with whatever companion they choose for me.

Yeah she betrayed him and then threatened to kill him when he's doing the same thing as her...

At that very point my JK, though considering Lana her best friend really felt like slaping some sense back in her head.

I liked that he reminded her of Rishi on Nathema though.

Lana's betrayal on Rishi only endangered Theron. Theron's betrayal directly endangered the Commander twice and killed people on three different planets. It doesn't feel exactly the same to me.

And let's not forget that ***both of them*** could have been seen to endanger the PC, by setting up that pirate thing. The PC arrives on Rishi with people waiting to shank them because of the rumors Lana and Theron started, and they don't even know why.

If you've romanced Lana, she's very angry and upset that someone tried to hurt you, and that's why she's feeling so murderous toward Theron. Feelings, not actions. I'm sure a lot of us have felt that we'd like to punch someone without acting on it. In the actual Nathema flashpoint she's the one who tries to help Theron if he's stabbed. And she tries to talk the Commander into helping Theron even if they decide to leave him to die.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Lana's betrayal on Rishi only endangered Theron. Theron's betrayal directly endangered the Commander twice and killed people on three different planets. It doesn't feel exactly the same to me.

And let's not forget that ***both of them*** could have been seen to endanger the PC, by setting up that pirate thing. The PC arrives on Rishi with people waiting to shank them because of the rumors Lana and Theron started, and they don't even know why.

If you've romanced Lana, she's very angry and upset that someone tried to hurt you, and that's why she's feeling so murderous toward Theron. Feelings, not actions. I'm sure a lot of us have felt that we'd like to punch someone without acting on it. In the actual Nathema flashpoint she's the one who tries to help Theron if he's stabbed. And she tries to talk the Commander into helping Theron even if they decide to leave him to die.

Thing is she put him in this trap not telling him while she thinks that nobody will be able to read his mind, if that's the case, then why not prepare that together instead of thwowing him in that ?

And then, you're on your own storming through Revanite bases trying to find him to rescue him.

Yeah their plan sucked a bit there :rolleyes:

Problem is that is works well if you're romancing Lana. If you're romancing Theron, not so much.

Other than that i quite liked their interactions during the Nathema flashpoint, and the fact that she ends up trying to protect him.

Not for me. I'd rather have someone I like silent, then someone I can't stand open their mouth and infuriate me even more by speaking.

Thing is she put him in this trap not telling him while she thinks that nobody will be able to read his mind, if that's the case, then why not prepare that together instead of thwowing him in that ?

And then, you're on your own storming through Revanite bases trying to find him to rescue him.

Yeah their plan sucked a bit there :rolleyes:

Problem is that is works well if you're romancing Lana. If you're romancing Theron, not so much.

Other than that i quite liked their interactions during the Nathema flashpoint, and the fact that she ends up trying to protect him.

Well, if they have a secret code from Rishi that the GEMINI can't read, and Theron's able to use it at the listening station, why not just use it before then to tell Lana what was going on? Both of them could have clued in the other, and they didn't.

The letter after Copero was disturbing, especially if one romanced Theron, I'll agree there. But still, I think it matters that despite how much she ranted about Theron, she didn't actually do anything. She was just venting her spleen. When it came down to it, she was the one who jumped to help him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.