*********** otp every time

Darqu

Frustrating? Simple Solution: Stop refusing to put a security key on your account, and you will never have to deal with one time passwords. ;)

And no.. you do not need a smart phone to have a security key... there are plenty of solutions that allow you do this on your PC.. which clearly you have one or you could not play the game.

Frustrating? Simple Solution: Stop refusing to put a security key on your account, and you will never have to deal with one time passwords. ;)

And no.. you do not need a smart phone to have a security key... there are plenty of solutions that allow you do this on your PC.. which clearly you have one or you could not play the game.

I was EXTREMELY reluctant to give up my security key dongle that I've used for the last 7-ish years, but kept reading warnings from others about the battery lifespan, and it wasn't until someone here on the forums pointed out that WinAuth for Windows not only will do a great job of replacing my dongle key, but allow me to export the key to use on any other system I might find myself playing on. And they were right! In fact, it removed the "conservation" practice I'd had in play, not firing up the dongle key unless I was going to spend a decent amount of time playing.

Now, it's a breeze, and I would recommend WinAuth to anyone else who's looking to streamline their game access while maintaining account security AND get "paid" 500cc every month by Bioware!! (subscribers only??)

Andryah's right: install WinAuth (or a similar app) and add a security key to your account. The Force will be with you, I'm sure of it! ^_^

Edited by ENVISIONocity

Now, it's a breeze, and I would recommend WinAuth to anyone else who's looking to streamline their game access while maintaining account security AND get "paid" 500cc every month by Bioware!! (subscribers only??)

It's only 100 CCs a month, but for subs and non-subs alike. I believe that when I first did it (using the smartphone app rather than WinAuth, although the game itself doesn't know the difference), you had to be a subscriber to sign up, but not to get the CCs afterwards.

It's only 100 CCs a month, but for subs and non-subs alike. I believe that when I first did it (using the smartphone app rather than WinAuth, although the game itself doesn't know the difference), you had to be a subscriber to sign up, but not to get the CCs afterwards.

Thank you for the correction! I somehow forgot that the 500cc comes from being a subscriber, and the 100cc for using a security key.

Stop being annoying with the stupid otp every damn *********** time one wants to log in

It's not everyone who gets the OTP every time. You get a OTP request when your IP changes from your last log in. This can happen because you get a new IP every time you connect - which is a function of your modem and/or ISP setup.

This can also happen if you log in from different devices (PC, tablet, etc) or different locations (home, work, school)

In the first case - don't turn off your modem and/or check with your ISP or network provider to get a longer "hold time" on your IP

In the second case, getting an authorization app is about the only real solution.

P.s. If some hacker gets a hold of your password and tries to log in from some remote location (Kekestan :), you'll be thankful for the extra security of the OTP.

Edited by JediQuaker

That reminds me, I need to set up my security key for October.

For whatever reason, when I add a mobile security key, the site doesn't remember the number, and won't let me in, so I have to remove it, and then next month, if I want those 100cc, I have to do the whole process over again. I've been doing that since March 2016, and while I'd prefer to just do it once and not have to do it again...I want those 100cc.

I totally agree with the OTP. I will say the system needs some attention lately. When I first starting playing it took less than a minute to receive the OTP and use it. Now days it can take up to 5-7 minutes to get the email.

On a few occasions it has even taken more than 10-15 mins and by that time it was expired and It took several different attempts with a different OTP to get logged in. Just to make this post I had to log in and it took 5 mins to get the OTP this time.

Now i don't get them often and usually have no issues. I get the frustration behind some folks complaints in this situation, but I do also agree that all one needs to do is get the security key and that is the end of it.

Personally I just don't want to bother with having to type in another password just to play a game. I have seen posts where people say they get one every time. If this is actually true then their issue is likely with their own ISP and not the game. It may also be that they are using a VPN to hide their IP for whatever reason. Not really sure about that since I don't personally use a VPN very often.

I will say the system needs some attention lately. When I first starting playing it took less than a minute to receive the OTP and use it. Now days it can take up to 5-7 minutes to get the email.

Keep in mind that the length of time it takes to get an e-mail is also a matter of how long it takes the e-mail to get through the system. There could be delays in your local ISP's system for example (or the NSA could be taking too long to pass it on :rolleyes::D )

Keep in mind that the length of time it takes to get an e-mail is also a matter of how long it takes the e-mail to get through the system. There could be delays in your local ISP's system for example (or the NSA could be taking too long to pass it on :rolleyes::D )

I thought about that. I would normally assume this exactly, but only if it were on occasion. It is every single time now. I use my email for sms text and that has always gone through very quickly so I do not believe it is my email server.

Anyway I don't really care since I choose to tolerate it just to avoid using the security key feature. Just not a game changer for me really!