The hk-55 chapter

darthjody

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well instant 1000CC would be quicker for players and for BW. That chapter is old news now, so why make people wait?

Because you'll see that "slap in the face" response if they sell it for CC's. Some people pay in game credits to subs to click their referral links because it gets them free CC's. There are people in game who 1000 CC's is just a drop in the bucket of what they get every month. That's why they need to make people wait. Sub for the same length of time everyone else had to. It's only fair.

I have no issue with BW putting the chapter up for sale. It is fun, so why not have all players participating in this for a certain fee.

To stasify the "exclusivity" folks they might remove Z0-0M, so that companion is "unique".

Well instant 1000CC would be quicker for players and for BW. That chapter is old news now, so why make people wait?

That’s my point actually. It’s been what 2 or 3 yrs. they should release it. It won’t hurt them to do it and people want it. I really don’t understand why they don’t and why a couple of people on these forums are dead set against it except for the “muh exclusive it’s mine” or we did this and did that so no you can cause you didn’t. It’s retarded to act like this this long after original release. Especially since it is story content and if there are ways they could do it to appease those few that are acting like that. $10or $20 should be fine if your sub has been or is active.

As someone who did qualify for this I am not apposed to it being made available again. I understand those apposed to this and their reasons are valid. But its a fun little chapter, that doesn't impact on anything else that should be enjoyed by all imo.

But it would have to meet similar conditions and require a continuous subscription for at least one year from the date they reintroduce it before it can be received.

• 1 month later...

Given the state of the game, I think it could legitimately be argued now that anyone who has subscribed this year has done as much to keep the lights on than the original subs for this promotion. If you're primarily a story player, you've subscribed for nine months for one flashpoint and a handful of two-minute missions, including Shae and Nico. if your primary focus is Ops you've subscribed for nine months for what, two or three bosses? At this point giving the HK-55 chapter as a perk for that or finding a way to release it would be nice.

We're in such a content drought that I just cannot understand holding it back anymore. Not to mention that it deals with the Alliance and since that book is being closed, it would make the most sense to bring it out now.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

You know, I think I could live without the chapter, but I'd pay CC for Z00m. I mean, really just want someone to sweep up around my strongholds. I can't be expected to clean up after myself, lol. I'd love to play it, I have no qualms with old rewards coming back, but it's not up to me. Whether they bring it back or not it will piss off one group or another. It all comes down to who they choose to piss off. At the end of the day our subscription mney all looks the same in BW's bank account.

You know, I think I could live without the chapter, but I'd pay CC for Z00m. I mean, really just want someone to sweep up around my strongholds. I can't be expected to clean up after myself, lol. I'd love to play it, I have no qualms with old rewards coming back, but it's not up to me. Whether they bring it back or not it will piss off one group or another. It all comes down to who they choose to piss off. At the end of the day our subscription mney all looks the same in BW's bank account.

I have no issue with old rewards coming back as long as they give players who already have that reward something comparable. If they want to sell those rewards, I'm fine with that too, as long as they are priced comparably to similar items on the CM.

I think they handled re-issuing Shae and Nico very badly. By giving them to new subs without any reward or even acknowledgement of older subs, it screamed loud and clear that my long term, continuous sub wasn't valued.

I have no issue with old rewards coming back as long as they give players who already have that reward something comparable. If they want to sell those rewards, I'm fine with that too, as long as they are priced comparably to similar items on the CM.

I think they handled re-issuing Shae and Nico very badly. By giving them to new subs without any reward or even acknowledgement of older subs, it screamed loud and clear that my long term, continuous sub wasn't valued.

I agree that it was handled poorly, though I was happy to actually get them. I'm not a new sub, but my computer was broken when they originally came out and I wasn't subbed at that time because it was silly to continue to pay for a service I couldn't access. Still, I totally agree that there should have been something for the people who already had them, and there should have been a requirement to meet.

• 3 weeks later...
I hope before the year ends we can get a chance to get this chapter of story content

5 months later, I still don't care if we get this or not, but I am still entertained by posters who are trusting that BW will keep faith and not release it out of loyalty to the people who got it. When [not if] they do release it, they will probably just do it without any strings attached or CM cost.

That promotion I mentioned earlier in the thread where BW gave RotHC and raised the level cap to 60 for F2Pers is running again until Nov 1. I'd like to see a response from the posters who think people should pay as much [or indeed, anything] as they did when the content first came out, now that it's going to people who may not have paid a dime for this game.

I'm generally against re-releasing old content that was exclusive. I think it needs to be changed someway so that it's different to what players originally got, like the Dr Oggurob trainer statue that you got for pre-ordering RotHC. Eventually a Senya trainer statue was released that performed the same purpose but was still different from the original exclusive content.

The trouble with this one comes because it was playable content instead of cosmetic items or useful (but not necessary to the game) items. In that regard it's hard to think of a way you can change the HK-55/Z0-0M recruitment missions so that the players that originally subbed for them feel valued while giving new players access to it.

I think the only suitable conditions I could see for this content to be re-released would be if the users were subscribed for the same length of time that players had to be to get the reward (six months or however long it was).

This also speaks to something that I think needs to be updated: subscriber rewards. I know at the moment subscribers get some Cartel Coins every month (a little bit more if you have the security app) but I think it should be changed so that rewards increase the longer you stay subbed. Maybe every month you get some CCs (maybe a bit less than what we get now to balance things out) then every second month you get a couple of pieces of exclusive armour (which you can collect until you have the full set). It might be a way to re-release the armour with the leveling bonus from DvL. You could possible release more bonus story content like this as well since all players would have access to it, they just need to stay subscribed (maybe including the HK/Z00M missions, even though I'm a bit loath to give up the exclusivity of them). Either way it would be a good way to reward subscribers and encourage long term subscribers.

5 months later, I still don't care if we get this or not, but I am still entertained by posters who are trusting that BW will keep faith and not release it out of loyalty to the people who got it. When [not if] they do release it, they will probably just do it without any strings attached or CM cost.

That promotion I mentioned earlier in the thread where BW gave RotHC and raised the level cap to 60 for F2Pers is running again until Nov 1. I'd like to see a response from the posters who think people should pay as much [or indeed, anything] as they did when the content first came out, now that it's going to people who may not have paid a dime for this game.

Comparing Shroud of Memory to ROTHC doesn't really make much sense. They were not marketed or released in the same way at all.

Honestly the only way they'll be able to release this is if they completely move away from any kind of exclusive promotions (not a bad thing really), as this would be counter-productive. Even then, it's still unlikely due to the inevitable backlash.

They should have never released story content this way to begin with. Say you have a new player and they see this on the chapter list? What do you think there response would be? And to all the ones that missed it originally has a chance to get it now after this long by paying for it now. Just saying BW can get a few extra bucks. And we can get new to us story content. Beside why lock it out for all time. Don’t make much since considering how little content has been released lately. Edited by darthjody

I don't care either way, but wouldn't it be better if they made this a common occurrence for "sub-rewards". I mean, like, A Theron/Lana bonus chapter, or perhaps involving one of the alliance contacts? Perhaps even with a bonus companion within the chapter itself.

That way, the HK chapter can stay an exclusive reward, while giving another. ofc, this doesn't work if you like HK-55's character. But, it might work to make everyone happy on both sides of the argument.

Edited by TyonYlle

How about making it $5.00. That seems reasonable if you are already paying for a sub.

No. I could get behind it - maybe - being $10, but it definitely should not be a mere $5. If anything, it should be comparable to 6 months sub time. If you really want the bonus chapter, then you should be willing to pay for it, to support Bioware. Assuming you (general you) want to support Bioware.

If not, then relaunch the event in its entirety, to allow those that didn't get it the first time the same requirements. But then, Bioware would also have to offer those subs that already have the chapter something of equal worth.

Edited by TyonYlle

No. I could get behind it - maybe - being $10, but it definitely should not be a mere $5. If anything, it should be comparable to 6 months sub time. If you really want the bonus chapter, then you should be willing to pay for it, to support Bioware. Assuming you (general you) want to support Bioware.

If not, then relaunch the event in its entirety, to allow those that didn't get it the first time the same requirements. But then, Bioware would also have to offer those subs that already have the chapter something of equal worth.

Why? You only needed to be subbed for that particular month to get the reward. It’s one chapter that isn’t even long or that exciting. It should probably be free if you are a subscriber. But if they have to charge something, then $5 is more than fair when you consider the lack of content in the last 18 months. If you been subscribed for 12 or more months straight during that period, you’ve more than earned it.

Why? You only needed to be subbed for that particular month to get the reward.

Wasn't the reward a tier system, I thought the chapter was the last reward and that you had to sub continuous and acquire the other rewards before you got the chapter... Or, that might have been Nico?

And if the chapter was offered again, free, what's wrong with another promotion being offered?

Edit: I understand wanting it to be free, who doesn't like free stuff? I'd just rather people actually support the game, and opening up a second promotion (for all subs) is the next best thing, and it doubles to fund the game.

Edited by TyonYlle

i think if you try to compare the rewards, you have to compare the tasks to get them, too.

also the relevance in the game is important.

for example the party jawa was release to more players, but the relevance was, that you

have to have it, to get an achievement. so without that item, it was not possible to get an

100% achievement. also the task to get that, nearly had no value. so this was totally okay

to unlock it for more players.

also special decorations, i wouldn't count as anything with a real value in the game, because

you don't get an positive effect out of it.

so there are some rewards, like the hk-items or the nico items you got, for an active subscription.

this is a bit different, because this is legacy bound stuff. during this time, this was more worthy,

than today. for example you had to have a legendary status at these fractions, to buy something

similar. but today, this is not important anymore, because everything was made more easy.

the companions you got via an item is an real advantage, but just in the first levels. so to have

a companion with level 1 is great. but this just gives you a small push, nothing special.

but the champter was a big thing. you had to have an active sub from 01/11/2016 to 08/01/2016.

so if you count your free CC for 8 month, this would mean 4800CC for that. but you had to have

that without a break, also during the summer month with low activity. many stopped sub during these

month. all this was announced through the official channels, and every active player had the chance

to accept that. and along the fleet chat, this was discussed, too. just a disadvantage for inactive players.

but also you don't have a real advantage with that. you have to play it to get the companion and you

need an active subscription to do so. otherwise you can't fulfill the requirements to access the chapter.

so this has no effect on the game situation at all, just a bonus.

personally i would say, that they can unlock it to others. i don't care about. but this shouldn't be for free,

because this was very hard to keep the subscription during these days. many left the game during this

time. so the pricetag should be way higher, than the 4800CC.

i would say, you take the 4800CC for the chapter, and the price of the 2 companions, and this could

be a fair deal to unlock the chapter for the legacy. or you are doing it for 4800CC for a single character

and the unlock costs will be the costs of 2 companions.

to let something exclusive i don't like, too.

this chapter was fun and should be unlocked for more ppl,

also the newer ones.

this is my opinion and it is okay, if you don't agree.

I was just wondering I’d be made a decision to release the story content for hk-55 yet or is it still up in the air. And before you say put it’s exclusive. It’s not. It was a couple of yrs ago. It’s story content. Thanks

I'd really like to have kotfe on 100 %.

This whole, well let's call it undeserved "concept", of giving rewards to people who are subscribed on day X is so dumb and unthought through as it gets aynway - as opposed to giving rewards for time spans of subscription time for instance.

I started playing like a week after this dumb "promotion" and I'm sub ever since while some other guy might have been sub this single month and not anymore since then. That's what I call dumb from all possible aspects, marketing wise and just regarding everything.

Edited by Khaleg

for example the party jawa was release to more players, but the relevance was, that you

have to have it, to get an achievement. so without that item, it was not possible to get an

100% achievement. also the task to get that, nearly had no value. so this was totally okay

to unlock it for more players.

You're slightly wrong about the Party Jawa. The PJ was never rereleased. The new Jawa that gives access to the same achievements is the Celebration Jawa, and the visual effect of invoking it is different, so the exclusivity of the PJ is not "damaged" by the existence of the CJ.