The hk-55 chapter

darthjody

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to remember if it was a stream or a post from the devs. But either way they stated that going forward past sub rewards were no longer going to be available again, and that all new sub rewards will be completely new. And I know they brought back some other sub rewards before (2 I Believe) that was before they stated their new intentions. You may say it is story, but you really are not missing out on anything huge, and Youtube (or other streaming service) has countless videos of the play-through and cutscenes. And personally this is how it should have always been, I've missed out on some previous Shinies, that have never been brought back. But I do not expect them to just because I wasn't here for them. It happens with most games, they are going to be some exclusive things to only a share of players who met the requirements.

You gotta understand, there were extreme requirements to get that chapter. You had to be a continuous sub for nearly a year. The only way they could possibly get away with giving it away again without rage from players who met the qualifications is by running the exact same promotion for a NEW chapter and including tha hk one as a bonus imo. And I seriously doubt they'll do another promotion like that.

That just isn’t right. They should never have released it as a reward for whatever and not expect that people would want it. Especially when they may not could have got it originally or are new. Especially since it is a story content. That’s ridiculous. They could at least put it on the website for sell like the other content or add it to it or put it on the cm

It is completely fair, you had to be subscribed for months to get that bonus chapter. It was IMO one of the best sub rewards they ever did, the chapter was very fun to play through but ultimately very irrelevant to the story. The only thing that changes from you completing that chapter is exactly one line during Iokath, nothing else at all other than HK-55 being there and you acquiring a new droid companion, Z0-M0.

Seriously I understand that it sucks for anybody else who didn't started playing the game around that time but it is far from "unfair" as you're claiming it to be, do it like I did with the DvL rewards, as well as the Alliance statue which subscribers who had been subbed since launch got as an anniversary gift, move on. They shouldn't bring back sub rewards IMO, for those of us who did payed the money through all the months required what do we get out of it? I wouldn't be opposed if they added to the cartel market... for the same amount of cartel coins that all those subscription months required, otherwise it not only breaks the exclusivity deal they promised us but also screws over the customers who payed for it.

You gotta understand, there were extreme requirements to get that chapter. You had to be a continuous sub for nearly a year. The only way they could possibly get away with giving it away again without rage from players who met the qualifications is by running the exact same promotion for a NEW chapter and including tha hk one as a bonus imo. And I seriously doubt they'll do another promotion like that.

That’s has got to be the dumbest thing I’ve seen. Story content as a reward for a sub that gets other stuff for free as well was the most assanine thing ever. but asking to buy said content is still up in the air after two yrs and people that already have it say no you can’t have it is just crazy. Yeah I’ve seen the older post that’s why I started this one to see if there was any luck.

It is completely fair, you had to be subscribed for months to get that bonus chapter. It was IMO one of the best sub rewards they ever did, the chapter was very fun to play through but ultimately very irrelevant to the story. The only thing that changes from you completing that chapter is exactly one line during Iokath, nothing else at all other than HK-55 being there and you acquiring a new droid companion, Z0-M0.

Seriously I understand that it sucks for anybody else who didn't started playing the game around that time but it is far from "unfair" as you're claiming it to be, do it like I did with the DvL rewards, as well as the Alliance statue which subscribers who had been subbed since launch got as an anniversary gift, move on. They shouldn't bring back sub rewards IMO, for those of us who did payed the money through all the months required what do we get out of it? I wouldn't be opposed if they added to the cartel market... for the same amount of cartel coins that all those subscription months required, otherwise it not only breaks the exclusivity deal they promised us but also screws over the customers who payed for it.

I’ve never said unfair. Said it was assanine that story content no matter what kind of story was a reward. What you get out of it is your not spending extra money on the content you got. I’m just saying just connect it to a sub and put it on the market. But yeah it sucks they did that. And $120 is the dumbest suggestion to date. And the exclusive deal was that you would have it for such and such no where did they say they wouldn’t rerelease it anywhere at anytime.

I’ve never said unfair. Said it was assanine that story content no matter what kind of story was a reward. What you get out of it is your not spending extra money on the content you got. I’m just saying just connect it to a sub and put it on the market. But yeah it sucks they did that. And $120 is the dumbest suggestion to date. And the exclusive deal was that you would have it for such and such no where did they say they wouldn’t rerelease it anywhere at anytime.

so what is a smart suggestion? Since being charged what those who had earned it is the "dumbest" suggestion.

so what is a smart suggestion? Since being charged what those who had earned it is the "dumbest" suggestion.

I’ve already said put it on the market and link it to a sub. Gets the subs who missed it and the new subs a new story but having to pay extra to get it. But not $120 as suggested. $10 to $20 plus an active sub would probably be a good way for people to get it. Most would probably do this. And thanks for the answer I looked for an hour before I started this just to see. But thanks again

Edited by darthjody

Well let's agree to disagree then. Oh really? 120 is a dumb suggestion. Look it's a reward, people had to pay for it, if you want the same reward then you've got to put in the same amount of money if not more. It's not unfair, it's not wrong, it's common business sense.

Well let's agree to disagree then. Oh really? 120 is a dumb suggestion. Look it's a reward, people had to pay for it, if you want the same reward then you've got to put in the same amount of money if not more. It's not unfair, it's not wrong, it's common business sense.

No Common business would be to sell a two yr old story content to those that want it. And yes $120 is the most unrealistic thing I’ve seen considering your “exclusive” content is that old. So congrats you had something for this long that lots of people don’t but now it’s time to let others enjoy it as well. And I’ve already said what could be done to sell it

No Common business would be to sell a two yr old story content to those that want it. And yes $120 is the most unrealistic thing I’ve seen considering your “exclusive” content is that old. So congrats you had something for this long that lots of people don’t but now it’s time to let others enjoy it as well. And I’ve already said what could be done to sell it

Hey, if you want it. I would sell it to you, for the same price the other people who subbed had to pay. It's not wrong, it is business sense, because if you start selling something promising exclusivity then go back on your hard you lose your customer's trust, especially in this case which required quite a bit of money to get it, heck I wouldn't be opposed to adding the alliance alert for people who just want HK back. But as far as the bonus chapter is concerned, if it is ever done again it should either require the same amount of subscription time it did back in the day or the same amount of money in CC, perhaps a character unlock could be cheaper with the legacy unlock being full price.

Hey, if you want it. I would sell it to you, for the same price the other people who subbed had to pay. It's not wrong, it is business sense, because if you start selling something promising exclusivity then go back on your hard you lose your customer's trust, especially in this case which required quite a bit of money to get it, heck I wouldn't be opposed to adding the alliance alert for people who just want HK back. But as far as the bonus chapter is concerned, if it is ever done again it should either require the same amount of subscription time it did back in the day or the same amount of money in CC, perhaps a character unlock could be cheaper with the legacy unlock being full price.

Whatever. They never ever said anything about not selling it or offering it at a later time. You are to hung up on the word exclusive. Answer this for me. Didn’t you also get other stuff while this was going on? So connect it to a sub that’s been active for the same amount of time y’all were and sell it. If not been active sub put timer in there so they know how long before they can get it for. $10 to $20 is not unreasonable if they do it this way and we have basically spent the same amount as you plus extra since we couldn’t get it when y’all did.

Edited by darthjody

Meh. As a sub who has said story, if they want to offer it for sale as additional content and people buy it, then more power to them! Anyone who subs and stays a sub just for promotional items/content is wasting their money anyway; at least those folks don't need to waste it again!

I remember paying for RotHC back in 2013... lots of other folks who came along later didn't have to pay for that content. I wasn't bothered by that, because I enjoyed the content when it was new (and, at that time, it seemed like it mattered! :D ). I got my money's worth.

It's ok for some people to have access to things that other people don't. That's how you incentivize people to do the next thing. FOMO, right? It doesn't matter how long ago it was. There was a set of requirements to earn the bonus content and some people did what it took. Make sure you don't miss the next promotion.

Meh. As a sub who has said story, if they want to offer it for sale as additional content and people buy it, then more power to them! Anyone who subs and stays a sub just for promotional items/content is wasting their money anyway; at least those folks don't need to waste it again!

I remember paying for RotHC back in 2013... lots of other folks who came along later didn't have to pay for that content. I wasn't bothered by that, because I enjoyed the content when it was new (and, at that time, it seemed like it mattered! :D ). I got my money's worth.

Yeah, I mean, paying for that gave us access to it for about a year and it was essential to the main story. Giving the main story to the point of a new expansion is fine. People won't want to pay extra on top of the new cool thing. But a single stand-alone chapter that makes no difference to the main story is something else. If you don't need it to understand what is going on, you haven't missed anything.

I’ve already said put it on the market and link it to a sub. Gets the subs who missed it and the new subs a new story but having to pay extra to get it. But not $120 as suggested. $10 to $20 plus an active sub would probably be a good way for people to get it. Most would probably do this. And thanks for the answer I looked for an hour before I started this just to see. But thanks again

There have been hints that they are at least thinking about selling it. I wouldn't expect it for anything as low as $10 though. Have a look at the prices of other items on the CM. A companion without any story content already costs $20, top end weapons $40 and another $5 to account unlock them. The HK-55 chapter and it's associated items would surely be priced higher than a single weapon.

It really should be opened up now since a lot of those people who were here for the exclusive have actually left the game. There aren’t many of us still remaining and any people who came after that are locked out for no reason.

Yeah. I’ve noticed the cm is insane in prices but like I said it’s a few extra bucks for them if they do the way I suggest

OP, yes, it is asinine, and it is equally asinine and disingenuous for someone to try to make the argument that they paid $120 for that content as though their subscription didn't come with everything else a subscription entails. And if someone does want to seriously make that argument then they need to accept that that was the price they paid for early access. Early access/adopters almost always pay more for that privilege and this would be no different. It should absolutely be offered on the CM, but, as someone else pointed out, there is no way it will be offered for $10.

IMHO the mistake was making a chapter with a main story companion into a reward. Gating cosmetic options, vehicles or non-story companions that people don't really know like Zo-om or Nico is one thing, but HK-55 was a companion that a lot of people were fond of and had built influence levels with.

Plus it meant that they could never bring HK-55 back to the main story since some people have him alive and some don't. That in itself was a loss because there are points that could have really used his commentary. HK-55 on Iokath was something that would have probably been really entertaining.

At this point I'd prefer if they just retcon that chapter and bring him back for everyone that way or make another HK droid.

OP, yes, it is asinine, and it is equally asinine and disingenuous for someone to try to make the argument that they paid $120 for that content as though their subscription didn't come with everything else a subscription entails. And if someone does want to seriously make that argument then they need to accept that that was the price they paid for early access. Early access/adopters almost always pay more for that privilege and this would be no different. It should absolutely be offered on the CM, but, as someone else pointed out, there is no way it will be offered for $10.

Yeah well $10 was just a spitball number.

In January 2016 I canceled my sub, because I was very annoyed at how BW handled certain exploits going on in 2015. A few days before my sub expired, they came up with their HK bonus chapter incentive.

It was this chapter - and only this chapter - which made me continue my sub.

I would be very unpleased if everyone could get this chapter now for a few bucks. I don't mind if more people can get the chapter per se. I just don't want its value to lower. If I paid some 120$ for it (including getting sub access), then this is what it should cost now, too. BW can offer a "HK-55 bonus chapter addon including [what was it?] 6 months of subscription" on their website for 120$. This is a fair deal. If you don't take it, you're not really that interested in the chapter. You just want free or almost free stuff.

I want Z0-0M to stay exclusive though. The companion should not be part of the deal.