This is what happens when the leaderboards go down........

septru

First wave of bans are an embarrassment. They banned actual legit players this season how sad. I hope they actually start investigating accounts other than pointing a peashooter randomly and firing.

If that ban message was, "your account has been temporarily suspended while we further investigate suspicious activity" then I wouldn't mind so much. It takes hard work and significant time investment to obtain a top 3 legitimately. Terrible for player retention to just ban anyone with high rating who's been reported without evidence. I'm expecting more people to fall off the leaderboards as the day progresses.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

top 2 sorc in tr, top 2 and top 3 commando's in tr with 12 games just appeared from nowhere (nah there is an old bugg with which you can hide your character from leaderboards for how much time you want) with suspicious rating and low wins :p :p

same about top 3 merc from french server

top 1 commando in sr who was spoted and reported for backfilling, wintrading, and qsyncing is still there.

And all top 3 shadows in tr too...

so much work for devs left :cool::D

This reminds me of the scene in Kotor where Malak orders the destruction of Taris.

“The search for Wintraders is taking too long. We cannot risk them escaping into season 10. Destroy the entire planet”.

Bioware took out some of the right ones, some of the wrong ones, and missed others completely. I’m sure there will be more to come in the next few days. Hopefully Musco is transparent around what metrics they are using here because clearly they need to be improved.

Edited by EnzoForMe

Bioware took out some of the right ones and some of the wrong ones. I’m sure there will be more to come in the next few days. Hopefully Musco is transparent around what metrics they are using here because clearly they need to be improved.

I think it's quite clear they don't have the metrics to identify players who aggressively backfilled their rating. I also think they've failed to account for dominant players queueing well past NA peak times when there is often >15 people in queue, Satele Shan often pops until 3am-4am.

This reminds me of the scene in Kotor where Malak orders the destruction of Taris.

“The search for Wintraders is taking too long. We cannot risk them escaping into season 10. Destroy the entire planet”.

Bioware took out some of the right ones, some of the wrong ones, and missed others completely. I’m sure there will be more to come in the next few days. Hopefully Musco is transparent around what metrics they are using here because clearly they need to be improved.

They would never discuss the methods they use.

Of course my main account gets permabanned and all of my rating wiped because I typed something offensive about muslims in imperial fleet gen chat, but actual wintraders get a slap on the wrist, and Prum doesn't get in trouble for being "force pushed"

gg biofail

Of course my main account gets permabanned and all of my rating wiped because I typed something offensive about muslims in imperial fleet gen chat, but actual wintraders get a slap on the wrist, and Prum doesn't get in trouble for being "force pushed"

gg biofail

Here's an idea, don't be prejudiced.

Only an idiot exposes themselves for the public to see and judge.

You're not a victim, you did it to yourself.

Here's an idea, don't be prejudiced.

Only an idiot exposes themselves for the public to see and judge.

You're not a victim, you did it to yourself.

Still though, a permanent account closure for typing less than a dozen words, after spending thousands on this game and playing for over four years? Meanwhile the actual hackers and wintraders get slaps on the wrist and can continue cheating next season. I just don't get BioFail sometimes.

Still though, a permanent account closure for typing less than a dozen words, after spending thousands on this game and playing for over four years? Meanwhile the actual hackers and wintraders get slaps on the wrist and can continue cheating next season. I just don't get BioFail sometimes.

Well it's sad you don't get it. First recognize your poor sense of character, and then don't weave it into a cloth of justification made from the poor behavior of other people.

First wave of bans are an embarrassment. They banned actual legit players this season how sad. I hope they actually start investigating accounts other than pointing a peashooter randomly and firing.

I told you that there is more to your "friends" than you know. Banning people ist like throwing darts, you really need to be sure about it.

So have any of the players that were legit but targeted by this receive a successful appeal yet? One of my friends who I believe is legit but was caught in this ban wave is getting copy/paste responses from the ToS team, basically the runaround. Meanwhile backfillers and hackers like the OP still remain untouched on the leaderboards...

:rolleyes:

Edited by Talon_strikes

If there is ANY justice to be had re: s9 titles, everyone please report this character

Wow talk about over reacting! This is pure and total harrasment! You know what Eric wrote, spam report does not bring anything. The team needs to investigate!

Wow talk about over reacting! This is pure and total harrasment! You know what Eric wrote, spam report does not bring anything. The team needs to investigate!

Regardless of your intent, did you or did you not admit to cheating/wintrading in ranked, on this forum?

great, legitimate players like dongo got banned.

To understand this you need to not tunnel focus dongos skilll level. Dongo deserves his rank. he is a good tank. That being said..... so many good players this season threw away their skill level and choose to "backfill/wintrade" to the top. It doesn't matter how good you are, or how much you "can" carry, in the end, should you give up your morals and abuse the system to win, you deserve a penalty. No matter how many right things you do, you cannot erase what you do wrong.

Every action you choose to take there will be a reaction, thus you should not take an action if you can't handle the result. This is a lesson so many people don't even learn till the day they die.

Edited by Seterade

I wouldn't listen to him. He and some of his guildmates colluded with and endorsed some players queing on Pub Side at the same time, but harassed others who did.

It's seems like it's popular in this ranked "community" to attack others when it's not you currently gaining the benefits of the system.

To understand this you need to not tunnel focus dongos skilll level. Dongo deserves his rank. he is a good tank. That being said..... so many good players this season threw away their skill level and choose to "backfill/wintrade" to the top. It doesn't matter how good you are, or how much you "can" carry, in the end, should you give up your morals and abuse the system to win, you deserve a penalty. No matter how many right things you do, you cannot erase what you do wrong.

Every action you choose to take there will be a reaction, thus you should not take an action if you can't handle the result. This is a lesson so many people don't even learn till the day they die.

Pretty sure that player yellow_ speaks of did in fact, backfill, wintrade, etc. Almost all the so-called "good" players did. All these "good" players like to cover for and collude with each other so it shouldn't be surprising seeing this.

Look at what happened with yellow_ and his guild... they colluded with a couple of players and defended them for queing Pub solos at the same time, but attacked others who did the same thing.

Edited by Talon_strikes

I just saw the weapon set. Fourth season in a row, black crystals are the best thing on the vendor.

..... I will stay long enough for my operative to have 1m in ranked tokens. That should cover season 12s rerelease of furious armor. There is nothing more I want out of any of this.

The furious gear is a set that has existed since I began playing.. it is the only set I ever wanted and having a dyeable legacy set for any toon I ever make is all that's left.

You must have said something pretty awful and hateful for them to ban you like that. Bioware don’t ban people lightly, so you obviously deserved it.

That doesn’t mean cheats shouldn’t get the same treatment. IMO, they should. They know it’s wrong and they purposely do it. It’s not like they accidentally tripped over and some weird science happened to make the cheat.

I don’t believe in warnings or second chances for people cheating. There shouldn’t be any. Ban hammer and account closed.

If that had always been the policy, we wouldn’t have the problems we still have 7 years after launch.

Pretty sure that player yellow_ speaks of did in fact, backfill, wintrade, etc. Almost all the so-called "good" players did. All these "good" players like to cover for and collude with each other so it shouldn't be surprising seeing this.

I'm pretty confident anyone with over 100 games last season has grounds to be banned, it was almost impossible not to get back filled pops last season with how many people were abusing it. I'm not sure what server you primarily play on, but on SS for the last month or so of the season, tanks/healers were declining pops like crazy. It got to the point where anyone over 1800 rating would have to wait the timer out and get pulled in otherwise the other tanks/healers in queue would just decline on them. The stupidest part of that is, being good meant, without doing anything wrong players declining on you to protect their elo also created evidence against players better than them of win trading.

gg biofail

Death to the freedom of speech. Long live the cheating .

I was warned for insulting someone by saying their name on forums, and I don't want my forum account banned. (that's so 2013:rolleyes:) but having people report someone on a mass scale wont work if the data does not support it. Their going to look at every report regardless of how many are there. If the way they look at analytics is done properly give it time, and it will be rectified. I still see a few names who were very obvious.

Did the person win trade/q sync to the degree of declining pops until the right scenario? If so, they will see that, and the person should be banned and stripped of rating. Solo ranked is meant to be random, and if you cheat the system to gain an advantage because of the system not being fair, you need to go play group ranked.

Did the person backfill at the start of the season? This is an easy data statistic to see, and in return not going to be a easy one to argue against because the evidence is solid. This deserves a perm ban and rating removal. (to anyone who did this, good player or not...you deserve to be banned, play straight mates)

I believe good players and good people turned to cheating the system because they felt it was the only way to compete "because everyone was doing it mentality". This is a common for top three players, it drives people to do things they shouldn't. If the bioware team has analytics that are provide solid data and they stick to their guns on the new policy, top three will actually be a tad more meaningful, and easier to obtain by the best of the best, and not who can cheat the best.

Edited by Going