Queuing pub side is painful lol.

Raansu

No disagreement there yet. What I was saying is more players who play SWTOR only for PVP left due to imbalance, pop times and that kind of stuff rather than because of the pending cross-faction.

I will break this one down to parts and respond to each:

"Cross faction makes pvp look dumb and senseless" - not at all, not more than the fact that mortal enemies play huttball versus one another.

"for many people" - I haven't seen 5 people say it yet, not about the PVP aspect, not when it is either that or matchmaking.

"even if personally for you lore doesn't matter" - it does matter to me in the game in general, and it adds to PVP too, but I would never prioritize it other PVP balance and matchmaking.

"you must admit that lore in swtor means much more than in gw2, wow and other mmo." - certainly, not argument here.

If PVP is so terrible, even lore would not be enough of a reason to play it. Don't tell me you truly queue PVP, knowing it will probably completely suck gameplay-wise for you because you will either be carried by your team which is composed of OP classes or lose to the other team which is composed of OP classes, just to feel the "thrill" of fighting the republic. If this is honestly how you feel about the gameplay of PVP, I don't understand why don't you find the PVE contents of this game far more intriguing.

And anyway, regardless of the current situation, now they want to make the PVP situation here better at the cost of some lore value, which affects PVP only and leaves all the other lore stuff that players who play for lore play. Saying (in other words) that "since the primary function of PVP is broken, don't fix it if it harms the welcome secondary/tertiary function" is simply a mix of priorites. Most PVPers queue to have fair chances to play, not to join a bad match in a bad game, just to feel "patriotic" to their faction.

About this final ccomparions to other MMOs "never saw any mmo where tanks could transfer 50% damage from guarded target", I never saw any MMO in which resolve exists to keep 8 people from stun locking a player indefinitely, which is actually a very good idea. I also never saw an MMO which has such a fun space-combat system (GSF), which is mostly not buggy, well designed and fun, and as a mere unrelated side activity. That is some serious investment [Far better than both battlefront's starfighters]. This game is different, not worse. If you don't like the ways it is different than other games, you can pay them subscription instead.

See above.

Even huttball may have some logic behind it (hutts paying billions of credits or give support for a winning team?Why not). Nevertheless, civil war, novare coast, arenas and voidstar always had their clear logic.

About resolve - you are wrong, for example in wow if someone stuns the target first time it gets full stun, second stun is much smaller and third stun wont work at all. It has diminishing or resolve as you call it but you just cant see it. ALMOST every mmo game has something that prevents a player to be stunned, mezzed many times in a small period of time.

Since lore in swtor js the only thing that keeps players playing it (as i mentioned before) you will see the consequences of removing it from pvp in a few months after cross faction will be implemented. Population will decline considerably. And yes pvp sucks in this game. The only reason playing it was the thrill of reps fighting imps which is pretty good on DM and much better on tulak hord server. Pure pvp without lore in this game is a joke because of reasons i mentioned in my previous posts.

The only think that would make good changes for pvp,is cross-server but wait, ea doesnt care about swtor any long. They should have shut it down long ago instead of transforming it from star wars massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) into some light stick mindless free-for-all game

• About resolve - you are wrong, for example in wow if someone stuns the target first time it gets full stun, second stun is much smaller and third stun wont work at all. It has diminishing or resolve as you call it but you just cant see it. ALMOST every mmo game has something that prevents a player to be stunned, mezzed many times in a small period of time.

• Since lore in swtor js the only thing that keeps players playing it (as i mentioned before) you will see the consequences of removing it from pvp in a few months after cross faction will be implemented. Population will decline considerably. And yes pvp sucks in this game. The only reason playing it was the thrill of reps fighting imps which is pretty good on DM and much better on tulak hord server. Pure pvp without lore in this game is a joke because of reasons i mentioned in my previous posts.

1.) Except WoW has multiple types of of hard stuns and mezzes which makes diminishing returns a moot point as you can be kept stunned for well over 20 seconds. SWTOR resolve isn't perfect, but its better than what wow has. Two 8 seconds stuns or mezzes maxes out the bar and gives you immunity for 15 seconds. I'll take that over WoW's convoluted stun system any day.

2.)Lore is NOT the only thing keeping pvp players playing. If that was true pvp would have stopped popping years ago given that 99% of imp matches are imp vs imp. The only "consequence" we will see is improved reg matches with actual matchmaking and a single faction no longer domination ranked and no more queue syncing.

After pushing my commando through PVP from 1-300 CXP, I have now started pushing my merc and what I find is the games are usually not nearly as lopsided as when I played my mando.

Sure there can be blow outs when queing as an imp, that happens; but on my mando what I found was 90% of the time the matches had tons of quitters, tons of bad players, the matches were extremely lopsided, OR we had a superteam because a team or two of premades decided to play pubs to "help" them out.

Basically as an imp there's a little more consistency for better competitive matches. As a pub it's truly a test of fortitude queuing non-stop as I did on my mando. I hate to admit it but I prefer playing imp side, it's far less frustrating.

Ironically, I don't know why but imps also tend to be more friendly and more apt to ask to group up for matches whereas pubs seem content on solo queing or with the guild team they queue with.

This is from the perspective of a SF player btw.

Since lore in swtor js the only thing that keeps players playing it (as i mentioned before) you will see the consequences of removing it from pvp in a few months after cross faction will be implemented. Population will decline considerably. And yes pvp sucks in this game. The only reason playing it was the thrill of reps fighting imps which is pretty good on DM and much better on tulak hord server. Pure pvp without lore in this game is a joke because of reasons i mentioned in my previous posts.

No one would play a game that sucks just for the thrill of lore. I would rather play single-player in the old non-EA battlefront if I wanted lore, or I would play SWTOR PVE which doesn't suck and nearly nobody thinks it does. Since you used to call those opposing you a minority, I have to say I NEVER heard of another person who queues PVP while admitting it totally sucks and says it is only for the lore fun of it.

I suppose that also means (since PVP sucks so much at its current state and is practically hopeless), that you also quit all your imp vs imp matches because it has no lore thrill and the game itself sucks? In that case, you are 80% out of PVP already! Think of it this way, once cross faction is implemented, you are actually more likely to be facing reps than you are now...

The grand majority of players play PVP for actually playing PVP, not to play lore. They might like lore too, and be sad to see it go, but they wouldn't pass the chance to make PVP better for the sake of lore. Therefore priority goes to balancing PVP, which requires matchmaking, which requires either tremendously increased queue times or X-fac, and in the battle between pop times and lore, pop times are also more important to most people.

After pushing my commando through PVP from 1-300 CXP, I have now started pushing my merc and what I find is the games are usually not nearly as lopsided as when I played my mando.

Sure there can be blow outs when queing as an imp, that happens; but on my mando what I found was 90% of the time the matches had tons of quitters, tons of bad players, the matches were extremely lopsided, OR we had a superteam because a team or two of premades decided to play pubs to "help" them out.

Basically as an imp there's a little more consistency for better competitive matches. As a pub it's truly a test of fortitude queuing non-stop as I did on my mando. I hate to admit it but I prefer playing imp side, it's far less frustrating.

Ironically, I don't know why but imps also tend to be more friendly and more apt to ask to group up for matches whereas pubs seem content on solo queing or with the guild team they queue with.

I'm in the process of getting my Merc to CR300, last of the 4 classes for me. It's painful as i dont find merc as fun.

I realize my post has nothing to do with your point but, I'm home from work, having a few beerz and i felt like spilling my feelings all over this thread like Rambo gutting fish on tile

Cuidado Piso Mojado

I find exactly opposite on DM. PLay mostly Pub side as it helps with getting better matches. Always going against Imps coz population much bigger on Imps and they have higher number of decent players so more likely to get a competitive games. Also even average imp is better then average pub so often must play really well to be able to win.

Imp vs Pub is good for SW but we must go for crossfaction now I think as game was damaged heavily already and population is just small.

Will be much better for ranked :)

but on my mando what I found was 90% of the time the matches had tons of quitters...(etc.)

I played past week on DM rep side and this is what i found too. In almost every game, 2-4 people would already leave before the match started, then during the match there were more leavers. Even when we were winning. Weird :rak_02:

I play often on both sides. My win ratio is the same. But for others, I think what happens is that a few pubs group up (and they arnt very good), so you get some landslides. 3 bad players grouped up will ruin a wz. and pub pops tend to have the same names circulating more often than imp pops - imp pops tend to be more diverse. So when these blowouts happen, due to the fickle nature of humans, they jump on their imps. I've done it. People who have options will switch.

So the bad players, the ones who dont have pvp alts, cant switch. This happens on both sides. I've seen impies switch to their pubs after our premade beat em up. So while it definitely happens in both directions, pub groups feel it worse bc, by %, there are more people without alts playing pubside.

Edited by AndriusAjax

I play often on both sides. My win ratio is the same. But for others, I think what happens is that a few pubs group up (and they arnt very good), so you get some landslides. 3 bad players grouped up will ruin a wz. and pub pops tend to have the same names circulating more often than imp pops - imp pops tend to be more diverse. So when these blowouts happen, due to the fickle nature of humans, they jump on their imps. I've done it. People who have options will switch.

So the bad players, the ones who dont have pvp alts, cant switch. This happens on both sides. I've seen impies switch to their pubs after our premade beat em up. So while it definitely happens in both directions, pub groups feel it worse bc, by %, there are more people without alts playing pubside.

I find exactly opposite on DM. PLay mostly Pub side as it helps with getting better matches. Always going against Imps coz population much bigger on Imps and they have higher number of decent players so more likely to get a competitive games. Also even average imp is better then average pub so often must play really well to be able to win.

Imp vs Pub is good for SW but we must go for crossfaction now I think as game was damaged heavily already and population is just small.

Will be much better for ranked :)

I suppose so many factors are involved it's just very subjective as to what a player experiences. Admittedly the last few days on imps I have found crappy games a plenty especially when it's imp vs. imps.

Oh well I am with Banderal, the changes probably will not help much and people will still be quitters, *******s, and ******es just as they are now with zero matchmaking.

The game can change but the players will remain the same. Appreciate the effort on BW's behalf though to make it better.